Porto Playa Condo Hotel & Beachclub

1a. Avenida Norte, Mza. 26 #23, Calle 16, Col. Centro, Playa del Carmen 77710 Mexico

Great location

Good

"I was in Playa del Carmen for the second time, in May 2007, at Port Playa Condo Hotel. First time was around 7 years ago (at another hotel obviously). A lot of things has developed since then I can say! I would very much recommend Porto Playa Condo Hotel.
It has excellent location, just a block from the ocean, and about 10 minutes walk to the best beach in Playa, "Mamitas". Furthermore just around the corner is the 5:th street where everything is happening. I was very satisfied by the condos, the people working there where really excellent, helping with all sorts of stuff, without any problems! They have a excellent gym in the building, in case anyone likes that. A very beautiful, well planned place, for any beautiful trip!

regards
Anders, Stockholm, Sweden."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of June 2007

Great Place, but.........

Good

"Stayed at Porto Playa Condos, room 205 (3/8-3/15/07).From check in to check out the staff was excellent. The unit was very nice, although the kitchen/livingroom is somewhat cramped & the patio of unit 205 is very small.The pool waterfall is very effective in blocking out street noise. The pool itself is nice, but the sunbathing area is small.The interior of the building is tropical and lush with a wide variety of plants, including banana trees.. The location is excellent, a stones throw from both the beach & 5th Avenue. The beach directly down Calle 16 is not good for swimming, as it is crowded with boats. The better area is 4-6 blocks away at Calle 10, near the El Faro. The attached restaurant on Calle 16 was the best we ate at on our entire trip. One night the electricity went out, which also took out the water pump. We had to bathe at their sister property 2 blocks away. It was restored later the next night. There is also major construction ongoing directly across the street and the considerble noise starts at 6am. The new construction also blocks the view from some 2nd & 3rd floor units. But all said, we had an excellent time at Porto Playa Condos& would return."

• Travel date: Sun 18th of March 2007

Very nice!

"Excellent place to stay - I traveled with my mom and aunt. Very close to the beach and to 5th Ave. Decor is beautiful and this condo is new. I would not recommend the pool here for younger children - although it is beautiful, it is high up and has waterfalls that children would be attracted to and could fall. The only negative while I stayed there - both jacuzzi's were either not working or did not have hot water. There is construction across the street, but it did not bother us. We stayed in a ground floor unit - 218. I would definitely stay here again, but only if is not with my kids."

• Travel date: Sat 30th of December 2006

Loved it!!

"It was the first time me and my wife went to Playa del
Carmen and friends had advised us to stay at Porto Playa.
And how right they were! Everything from the location
(only one small block from the beach and the fifth Avenue)
to the delicious retaurant on site, the on site gym and
the excelent service.
My wife and I specialy enjoyed the rooftop jacuzzi and the
concierge took care of all our tours. I almost forgot to
mention how beautifull the sanctuary looks with its
tropical plants and the 70 feet pool that flows over into
waterfalls. Everything from the beginning of our stay until the end has been perfect.
It was a hollyday we will never forget. I would recomend
Porto Playa to everyone who wants to spend some time in
paradise."

• Travel date: Mon 6th of November 2006

Love a "Mini Break"!

"My wife and I had four days to take a Mini vacation and we wanted something close, flight wise, to make the most of our limited time. We made an excellent decision selecting Porto Playa in Carmen del Playa. The condo is located in the heart of the shopping/restaurant/beach area and one can accomplish a lot with four days. We went to the ruins of Tulum one day, spent a full day at the beach another day and toured the fun 5th Ave. shops & restaurants another day. Our last day we spent poolside at the condo and just enjoyed the lush tropical setting. We stayed in Unit #15 which is nicely appointed with all modern convieniences and has such a cozy feel to it. If you only have a short time and want to pack a lot into a break I would recommend Porto Playa in Carmen del Playa!"

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of November 2006

Fantastic Property

"Porto Playa is absolutely fabulous! Our family has stayed in the Playa Del Carmen area before and this is by far the nicest property we have visited. The location is fabulous; steps to the beach, a block from the shopping and dining on fifth avenue. As far as the hotel goes, all the units are also condo's, which is a major plus. Our unit had two bedrooms and two full bathrooms, as well as a beautiful kitchen with granite countertops. There are plasma televisions in the living room, and the two bedrooms! Not that anyone would spend much time watching television with the amazing ocean views and beautiful pool. The unit we stayed in (16) overlooked a lush courtyard and the pool, and also had ocean views right from the balcony!! If you want to stay in Playa del Carmen and aren't crazy about all-inclusive resorts, this is one of the best options around..."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of November 2006

Porto Playa Condo Hotel, Playa del Carmen was simply Magnificent!!!

"I have recently returned from my trip to Porto Playa. I stayed in unit #19 a two bedroom/bathroom on the second floor which was an end unit that made for a bit more privacy. The condo overlooked the gardens and the huge waterfall pool...the sound of the waterfall while your swaying in your hammock was the best part!! The bed that I slept in was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in on a trip! (I mean It might even be more comfortable than my bed at home and I have a really good matress.) Also, the sheets were very clean and crisp. I was very impressed. I can't express enough how gorgeous the condo was, and the showers were huge. I will definately go back!!!! The beach, shops and restaurants are all right there, in fact one of the best dinners I had while there was at Negrosol which is downstairs in the same complex. If you are considering staying at Porto Playa you should!!! You will have a wonderful stay, that I can promise!!"

• Travel date: Sun 27th of August 2006

Bliss in Playa del Carmen

"Date: August 15, 2006
Reviewers: C & D Drumm, Oregon

Our accommodations at Porto Playa #215 made our vacation at Playa del Carmen a splendid one. Everything in the condo was attractively thought out to make our stay a very comfortable and pleasant one. Close to the center of activity and set in a tropical garden environment, we would certainly choose #215 again. Staying at a beautiful condo and getting the same services as a luxury, expensive hotel certainly paid off for us."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of August 2006

Awesome

"We were one of the first to stay at Porto Playa Condos. Always stayed at hotels in Playa del Carmen also never a condo. So a condohotel was a first also. Both were excellent choices. Porto Playa is beautiful, located in the center of Playa del Carmen, right down the street from the beach, shopping and restaurants 1 block away, but yet we were in a beautiful section of town. Quiet, lots of beautiful landscaping. We rented a gorgeous penthouse that had its own rooftop deck, with Palapa, BBQ and heated jacuzzi (that we spent most of our time in). The service was great, the front desk people were great. They took great care of us and booked all of our tours (which were great also). There is also a gym on site that has the best yoga classes (every morning). The on site restaurant is 5 star (a nice addition to Playa del Carmen) NegroSal where all the decorations were imported from Florence Italy.

Anyway it was one of our best vacations and Porto Playa made it possible. Would highly recommend staying here and sharing with another couple or bringing a large family it's definately the way to go instead of all separate hotel rooms. They have the same service as all the hotels, including maid service and concierge so it was perfect. Thanks for a job well done."

• Travel date: Mon 24th of July 2006

Brand New and Luxurious

"This was our first time to Playa and our stay at Porto Playa was first class! The staff are very helpful and friendly. The condo (unit 218) was brand new with marble/stone surfaces everywhere, comfortable beds, and brand new plasma TVs. The architecture of complex is amazing! Lots of curves and lush landscaping. We were particularly happy with the short walk to the beach and the shops/restaurants on 5th avenue. The location was excellent. We'll definitely be back!"

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of July 2006

Hotels near Porto Playa Condo Hotel & Beachclub

Stayed at Porto Playa Condo Hotel & Beachclub? Share your insight.

Porto Playa Condo Hotel & Beachclub is also called