Occidental Costa Cancun

Boulevard Kukulcan km. 4.5 Lote D7 5 Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500 Mexico

Fantastic hotel!!!

"Me and a lot of friends came back from cancun on the 28th october 2002, and we loved every minute of it, we went out there for a wedding which was beautiful, the costa real was a great place to stay, the staff are ecxellent and so friendly the rooms were great, the beach and pool were wonderfull and we enjoyed the food lots!,there were a lot of americans there when we stayed so we met so many interesting people with lots to talk about, we have a great stay and have booked to go again next year, staying at the costa real again, i recommend real resorts to anyone visiting cancun,"

• Travel date: Wed 6th of November 2002

The Costa Real was wonderful!

Good

"My boyfriend and I just returned from a 7 night stay at the Costa Real in Cancun. This was our first trip to Cancun and we so enjoyed our stay. The Costa Real was wonderful....the service was excellent, the food was great and the scenery is amazing. I had read in other reviews that you will notice "thin walls" and some noise between rooms...and I would say this is true. But, that is the only negative we would have. They do an excellent job of maintaining the beach and pool areas. The beach is smaller but very very pretty. We will definitely be going back to Cancun...and when we do...we will be staying at either the Costa Real or their sister hotel, the Gran Carribe Real. I would definitely recommend these resorts!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 5th of November 2002

Wonderful Place to stay

Good

"The Costa Real was absolutley a great place to stay. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The gift shop is a very good place to get some souvieners,(reasonably priced). Be sure and meet Hugo, he is so polite and very helpful and friendly. The food was really good. (All inclusive was a great thing to have). The hotel is beautiful. They always have music going, wonderful entertainment. The cleaning ladies do a great job. I was very pleased with my stay. I didn't care to much for the beach area. I prefer the Caribbean side,(much prettier) The Grand Caribe is there sister hotel (a 5 star) in the all inclusive you can you their facilitys too. Either hotel would be a great place to stay."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of October 2002

Honeymoon Heaven!

"My husband and I recently stayed at the Costa Real for 2 weeks in August 2002. It was our honeymoon and we could'nt have wished for better, the service, the staff, the room and most of all the strawberry daiquiris!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 21st of October 2002

Great Hotel

Good

"My girlfriend and I recently spent 5days and 4nites at the Costa Real in Cancun. Not long enough! We were prepared for having only an "ok" time and an "ok" type of hotel in Mexico. We had stayed in Rosarito Beach in Baja before so we did not expect much. The Costa Real was Great! The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Also, for those of you worried about a language barrier, at the hotel, there is none. Almost all the employees spoke good english, which was surprising. We stayed in a pool view room with a balcony and a little kitchenette. The pool is nice and clean and the beach is powdery white. We had the all-inclusive package but I suggest you eat and drink around town too. The food at the hotel was good with a changing buffet for every nite. And $14 xtra for lobster is a great deal. The drinks are kinda watered, but hey, you can get as much as you want. My suggestion, drink early in the morning before you eat, lay out under the sun by the pool and don't move. You get a better buzz that way! It was the off season for Cancun so there were not as many people. The entertainment staff did a great job in showing everyone a good time. They also had an on-site tour professional available to help you decide what to do and where to go. Try the Chichen Itza tour and climb the pyramid. Overall, we had a Great time and Highly recommend the Costa Real. Great hotel, great staff, great amenities, great trip! Can't wait to go back."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of October 2002

had a fantastic time

Good

"My boyfriend and I stayed at the Costa Real in Feb 2002 for 1 week (definately not long enough)
We had an amazing time! The hotel was nice, pool was never too busy and the beach was relaxing. The entertainment staff was great and everyone had a blast with them. We met 2 girls that we still are friends with to this day, and hung out with them and a few others for most of our stay.
The food wasn't the greatest, but nothing to complain about, they had a few really good things.
If we were palnning on just lying around the beach all day, we usually went to the Gran Caribe (the 5 star sister hotel) The beach there was amazing!!!!!!
Neither of us have any complaints about this hotel, and we hope that if you choose to stay here, you have as much fun as we did!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 11th of September 2002

Can't Go Wrong

"We booked our trip at the last minute and had no expectations...we went from September 4-7...the other reviews said "you get what you pay for", but we were happily impressed. This resort is for sure your best value in Cancun for a short stay...it is smaller than most, and may lack some features like tennis courts, etc. but if you are looking for a place to relax, this is it! The staff is unbelievably attentive and warm, the food is amazing and the atmosphere is very welcoming. Having been to the Bahamas, the Dominican and other parts of Mexico, Costa Real was one of our best vacations! For a great beach, a great pool, great food,great staff, and a great value, this is the place!"

• Travel date: Wed 11th of September 2002

Fantastico

"I have never stayed in a hotel where the staff make you feel so at home, Good Food, Lots of Drink, Excellent Staff, Good Company what more can one say!"

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of August 2002

The Best Hotel in Cancun for the price

"Had an excellent time. The Hotel staff was very helpful. The bartenders are the best in the hotel zone. A very special hola!!! to arturo and albert at the beach bar tell him the guys with the binoculars sent you."

• Travel date: Fri 9th of August 2002

I Loved It!!!

"My husband and I went to the Costa Real for our honeymoon. We had a wonderful time. The staff were curteous and helpful. the all-inclusive made the trip more enjoyable because we paid one sum at the beginning and didn't have to pay everytime we wanted something. We loved it so much that we are planning a return trip for our anniversary."

• Travel date: Wed 31st of July 2002

Perfection!!

"My partner and I went to this hotel for the second time in May and could not have enjoyed it more! The staff were so friendly even when dealing with very rude customers!!! They all had very good english and could not do enough for you. After speaking with several of them and realising the hours they work for the money they earn I can't help but think people should cut them a little slack! The food in the buffet restaurant was good and most importantly fresh, not just left overs from the day before. The room was very spacious and cleaned every day- mini bar was also re-stocked every day. I cannot understand how people manage to complain about this hotel- 2 weeks all inclusive for £1000 per person is value for money as far as i'm concerned. We'll be back next year for sure! Special mention about Senne the barman and Moses the waiter- two of the nicest guys you could meet. Always happy and helpful!"

• Travel date: Tue 7th of September 2010

Disapointing!

"The hotel was described as a 4* luxury hotel by Thomas Cook, when we arrived we were disappointed to find our room unexceptable, we had specifically asked for a non-smoking room and it was evident that the previous guests had clearly smoked in the room. After waiting two days for a room exchange we were placed in a non-smoking room.

The location of the hotel was also described as in the centre of Cancun near bars and clubs, it actually was a 15-20 minute bus ride away from the centre.

The evening entertainment was terrible and repetitive, the queue for the bar extremely long, due to a maximum of two bar tenders at night for the main lobby bar.

The buffet was poor! To top the holiday off we suffered with food poisoning for half the holiday, resulting in my hospitalisation on return!

• Travel date: Sun 15th of August 2010

Hotels near Occidental Costa Cancun

Stayed at Occidental Costa Cancun? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Occidental Costa Cancun

• sparks88 by sparks88

"Senor Frogs, Isla de Mujeres "

• rcody by rcody

"albatros resturant , pirate ship must do , dolphin discovery "

• nemp86 by nemp86

"Great Nightlife and some nice little markets to visit during the day. "

• nemp86 by nemp86

"Captain Hook Pirate Ship "

• Becca by Becca

"A very disappointing hotel "

• soozywoozy17 by soozywoozy17

"Something for everyone to enjoy! "

Occidental Costa Cancun is also called