Nichupte Destination Holistic Spa

Blvd Kukulcan km 3.5 Esq Galeon, Cancun 77500 Mexico

Good

I’m afraid I was moved here after a ho...

Good

"I’m afraid I was moved here after a horrible stay at the Torre Dorada (thanks to air tours), I stayed here in July 2005, I found it to be a lovely place, we got no food poisoning, the food was traditional, the staff were very friendly and the beauty spa was lovely.

The pools were just right, and I had no problems with my towels. I loved the way it was designed to replicate an authentic Mexican village. At breakfast time, the chef cooks the pancakes, eggs etc right before your eyes on his hot plate. We had eggs almost everyday because they were so nice.

One lunchtime, the chefs even cooked my brother a steak at his request even though it wasn’t on that day’s menu. Everybody was lovely. Shame we couldn’t have stayed longer.

• Travel date: Sat 9th of June 2007

This was the most vile place I have ever...

"This was the most vile place I have ever stayed in. Allegedly luxurious and relaxing, we arrived to see 20 angry people demanding to be moved immediately. The only food on offer was Japanese, there were open sewers in the grounds, people were ill with food poisoning, the toilets didn't flush. No water was provided, the bar closed at 9pm, breakfast was covered with flies. Rooms overlooked a car park, towels were stained, the list is endless.

The My Travel reps at our hotel admitted it was below standard, and moved us (along with 46 others). We were moved to a 3 star, which was better, but are still fighting to get compensation.

Whatever you do, however desperate you are to get away, DO NOT book this hotel.

• Travel date: Wed 16th of November 2005

This hotel is a dumping ground for custo...

"This hotel is a dumping ground for customers of this tour company. They regularly practice overbooking and lie to you when they realise that they have no rooms at the hotel you originally picked from their brochure.

This is a very basic place. Rooms are ok, clean but no fridge, tea/coffee making facilities. The linen and towels are obviously well used and ancient. The facilities advertised on various websites are not available. There are two pools, one with a swim up bar. The grounds are lovely and well kept.

Food here is a bit hit and miss. Only one restaurant open at any one time and they do recycle food. There is a snack bar but this has very limited snacks.

The hotel is located within easy reach of the Party Zone and Downtown Cancun.

If you do get dumped here rather than actually booking this place, then please remember it is not a 5* hotel. If you are thinking of booking a cheap budget all inclusive holiday here and don’t mind roughing it a bit, then this is the place for you.

One word of warning: I became ill with Salmonella poisoning whilst at this hotel. After some thought, tests and investigations, this was probably because of either the eggs or salads. Please be careful.

• Travel date: Sun 31st of July 2005

Hotels near Nichupte Destination Holistic Spa

Stayed at Nichupte Destination Holistic Spa? Share your insight.

Nichupte Destination Holistic Spa is also called