Moon Palace Cancun

Carretera Cancun-Chetumal Km. 36.5, Cancun 77500 Mexico

Good

Stolen money from hotel room

"We are currently staying at the Moon Palace Hotel and we had money stolen from our room on our first full day at the hotel by hotel employee(s). The hotel are currently looking into the matter and we have filed a police report."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of January 2018

wonderful time

Good

"It took some time getting registered. The Moon Palace is so beautiful. The food was great, the drinks were better. You can stay on the beach all day and they bring the drinks right to you, what more could you ask for. We went in Sept 2001. The weather was sunny most of the time, a little rain once in a while. I wasn't too impressed with the iguanas walking around at the beginning, but we make a deal, they stayed away from me and I stayed away from them. :).We meet people from mostly England, a few Americans, we have remained friends to this day. I think my sister had a great time as well. It was the first time I have ever seen anyone dance on a swim up bar. The staff were all very nice. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Bonnie"

• Travel date: Sun 1st of December 2002

great place

"great resort. Clean, well maintained. A little far from central Cancun, but an easy cab ride. Would stay here over and over."

• Travel date: Tue 19th of November 2002

fabulous vacation

"I can't tell you enough how fantastic this place is, we could not fault anything, the staff are so friendly (genuinely) the facilities are second to none, the rooms are fantastic and yes every room has a jacuzzi bath. The food was excellent and nobody got sick, The whole resort is great. Definately go if you have the chance."

• Travel date: Fri 15th of November 2002

one word: unbelievable!!

"The Moon Palace is an amazing place to stay. The rooms are wonderful. I personally loves the jacuzzi looking out the window at the ocean. Just a tip: DON'T dump the whole bottle of bubble bath in! The food was decent. The disco was great. They give you 2 or 3 free tours. I recommend going to the Island of Women. It's a party boat ride. Really good time for everyone. They walk around shooting tequila in everyones mouth. One suggestion, request a room not on the 1st floor. There are crabs that run around if you are close to the beach. They will run into your room if you open the door. We thought it was funny, but then again we were on the 3rd floor. Tips are NOT allowed in this hotel at the bars and such. The bathrooms in the place are amazing!!! I would without a doubt stay here again. Have a great time!"

• Travel date: Wed 13th of November 2002

Moon Palace Was Great!!!

"The Moon Palace was great. Went there in Sept, 2002 and can't wait to go back, which I think is a great recommendation. Everything we did there was great, except for a day of rain, but I don't think Moon Palace could help in that regard. Staff, food, rooms and amenities were all superb."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of November 2002

what a place loved it

"I went there with my partner for a treat and what a treat it was we really really had a lovely time, the chocolate cake that they served up is the best ever(i think that is why i put on 1 and a half stones on!!)
Just watch the sun beds in the pool they are deadly if the sun is out and you are drinking lots of cocktails as i was to find out.
I ended up in the doctors (they are very friendly) with a injection in my bum because i got sooo sun brunt( i know suptid girl) Also we did end up meeting two people who were on there honeymoon and have stayed in touch with. The only thing i would say is that there is alittle bit of seaweed with gets washed up but really it doesn't ruin the hoilday. This is the only holiday we have been on where my partner was hapy to sit on the beach all day and not be bored belive me this was a first.
I will go in a moment promise but there is so much to say also if you go down to the beach take some food with you like bread ect and go into the sea a feed the fish they are clear in colour with orange bits on them if you feed them hundreds will appear its a lovely feeling.
I really hope that if you have booked to go here you will have as much fun as we did. The date we went was 11th june 02"

• Travel date: Mon 11th of November 2002

Very Friendly Resort

Good

"Moon Palace consists of two very large resort hotels. Moon Palace (the original) and Moon Palace Sunrise (the newest).

We stayed at Moon Palace Sunrise, this place is hugh, 2,000+ rooms but the service is friendly and personal.

The resturants are very good especially considering the volume of food they have to prepare. The food is fair better than average.

The rooms could use some maintenance. We were surprised that they exhibited wear and tear considering the age of the resort. However, they were exceptionally clean.

There are plenty of activities (every evening in the resort) and you should book your tours through Palace Resorts. The transportation, food, and tour(s) are first class.

Would go again, although pricey, well worth the money."

• Travel date: Fri 8th of November 2002

4 out of 5 stars

Good

"Our family, with 2year old, in tow, went to the Moon Palace on Oct 26-30th 2002. It was our 2nd time there. I highly recommend it for going with young children. The pool is the largest pool in the WORLD!! Even little kids, like mine, can enjoy it because there is a ledge at the edge of the pool where kids can safely play. The beach at the Moon Palace sucks. If you're looking for a beach, don't go here. However, you can go to the other Palace's for the day and come back (free shuttle to other Palace hotels). The service was marvelous. The only reason I can't give a 5 star rating is because of the food. It was average or slightly above average. The only good restaurant was the mexican restaurant, simply because they know how to cook their own native food. The Italian restaurant and the Oriental restaurant are called that because they serve a little pasta and a few rice dishes, respectively. The food was by no means REAL italian food or asian food. Here are some tips for those of you who have not been to Mexico in a while. 1) When you get off the airplane, close your ears and head straight outside. Don't stop for anyone who wants your attention. They'll even tell you that they work for the hotel you're staying at. They'll tell you that they work for the shuttle service.....don't believe it. Just go straight outside and head for the shuttle/taxi ticket booth. $20 for 2 people to the Moon Palace and $18pp to Playa Del Carmen. 2) Don't exchange any money for pesos. All places accept the US dollar and you will lose money on the exchange rate because they take a piece of your money when you initially change it and then when you change it back to the US dollar at the end of your trip. They get a piece of your money twice. 3) There is a $40p/p charge when you arrive at the airport to leave Cancun. This may already be included in your airline ticket price. We had to pay ours at the airline ticket counter. It was a new fee for immigration service and something else. I can't remember. Overall, a good trip. I j
onetheless."

• Travel date: Fri 1st of November 2002

A Wonderful Vacation

"We just returned from Moon Palace. It was a wonderful vacation! This is not their busy season, so it was very nice. I don't know if I would like it that much over busy holidays and such. The pools are phenomenal and it is really great to not worry about paying for anything. The drinks were good too. Making friends with the bartenders is very easy, it only takes a few American dollars. And then they will make your drinks as strong as you like! Everyone is eager to please you and I really felt pampered. The food is not excellent, but still good. It was nice to try many different types of foods that they had in all of the different restaurants. There is even a night club over at the Sunrise part of the resort that was really fun and busy! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected]"

• Travel date: Fri 1st of November 2002

Awesome!!

"Went there on our honeymoon in Oct 2001, the place was great. There about a dozen restruants, a good number of bars, pools was large and clean, service was great...I could go on and on. The place costs a little more then some of the other resort, but WELL worth it. We rarely left the hotel grounds. We plan on going back."

• Travel date: Sun 20th of October 2002

Loved it!!!

"Where to begin...the resort is beautiful, our room was spotless and the staff was amazing, Everyone was so helpful and no matter who you spoke to you were always greeted with a smile and a hello. So many different style restaurants to choose from and the fact that it was all inclusive made it 10x better. Had a blast hanging out at the pool and swim up bar, defiantly go to Alberto he knows how to make the best drinks. I GIVE THIS PLACE A 10!! The only complaint we had was the weather...My fiance and I can not wait to go back."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of December 2015

Hotels near Moon Palace Cancun

Stayed at Moon Palace Cancun? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Moon Palace Cancun

• Kimoley by Kimoley

"The food is good and there is a wide selection to choose from. "

• lottie loo by lottie loo

"night life good if its your first time.if its your third or fourth dont go out "

• lottie loo by lottie loo

"none as the were all cancelled and trying to get our money back was a nightmare "

• Tammyzelten by Tammyzelten

"Only go if you are prepared for a very hard sell on their "Vacation Club" "

Moon Palace Cancun is also called