Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun

Boulevard Kukulcan km 12.5 Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500 Mexico

Aqua Cancun

Reviewed Wed 5th of January 2011

"Lovely hotel!! Really enjoy the amount of restaurants in the hotel, specially the breakfast buffet where you can eat all kind of mexican food such as "chilaquiles" yuumy really like it hahah. I think that even though you can go with your family, the hotel is more recommended to couples, or adults, most of the activities are focused to adults.

As a personal recommendation, If you go to this hotel dont forget to reserve a massage in his incredible SPA. =). "

• Travel date: Tue 28th of December 2010

Best Hotel in the World!

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"In all my travels, the Aqua is the best hotel in the world! Easily the best hotel in Cancun (Ritz Carlton and JW Marriot have nothing on this new kid in town). Luxury at a level one probably never experienced before. Just the place setting for breakfast (carafe $250, salt & pepper shakers $220, cups, spoon, bowls, etc) costs around $1,000. The service is the best. This hotel will be the number 1 hotel listed in Trip Advisor within the year. It only opened last December 2004.

Beware, it is not cheap. Minimum $500 per night per room (includes tax).

This hotel justifies adding an additional 6th STAR rating on trip advisor."

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of February 2005

Total indulgence!

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"We were really impressed by the standards of this hotel. We have stayed in a number of luxurous and trendy hotel but this hotel is in a different league all together. The design of the room, the lounges and the swimming pool areas are outstanding with great attention to detail. This place was clearly created for ultimate pampering. We were greeted in the lobby with warm mint towels and herbal tea. The reception had great relaxing aromatherapy scents. All staff are dressed in white and are extremely customer focused. We upgraded from the first room to a sea view and had a beautiful room with a balcony. All rooms have balconies. We had a menu to choose the kind of pillows we wanted and also a menu for aromatherapy scents that we could have in the room (complimentary). The swimming pools are very nice, some of them with lovely four poster bed cabanas. The shore club, one of the outside bar, is by a warm bath pool surrounded by cabanas for people to chill out whilst drinking a couple of drinks. We did this on Valentine's day and it was fantastic. We loved the way they had different music playing in different areas. Lovely spa areas.
This was totally indulgence.
Worth noting that the cheaper room that don't have a sea view are on the side of the building which is close to the airconditioning ventilation and we found this to be quite loud and had to upgrade to a seaview room.
Other than that, don't get frightened by the size of the building, it is a great place to go to."

• Travel date: Mon 21st of February 2005

Finest Hotel in Cancun, and Possibly the World

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"Typically on vacation, one seeks total relaxation. One seeks a vacation were he or she is pampered and can forget about their stressful lives. The Aqua is the resort that lets all of this happen.

I stayed at the AQUA Feb12-Feb18 and never have I had a better vacation experience. At the airport we had two hummers there waiting to pick us up. These hummers were sent by request from a member in our party, booked through one of the many wonderful concierges at the AQUA. The drivers were extremely nice and willing to do whatever it takes to make you vacation more enjoyable. Upon arrival to the AQUA, we entered into the lobby through two sliding doors that lead you to a vacation like no other. In the lobby there is a black square will 3 little fountains spurting up through it. Check-in was a breeze. Once you step out of the elevator, you are greeted with the wonderful smell of the AQUA, which I cannot explain because it wouldn't its justice. My family and I stayed in the Viento suite. This room is jaw dropping in amazement. When you enter, you are greeted with the fabulous smell of incense burning in the burner and the relaxing sounds of the ocean on the tv. When I say incense, I don’t mean nasty smelling sticks, I mean the most relaxing smell possible. The beds are by far the most amazing thing ever. There are clothed with Egyptian cotton sheets and can be custom fit to your taste with the pillow menu offering 5 different choices. The showers and bathroom are also amazing. The best thing about the Viento suite is the balcony. The balcony is huge. It has a dinning table with four chairs and a perfect wicker bed for sunbathing.

The best thing about the AQUA are the pools. The pools are simply amazing. Each one is different in temperature depending on what you feel like. The lap pool is amazing. It is about 4 -5 times longer then your normal lap pool. Surrounding the pools are Cabanas with king sized beds. These beds are wonderful. They are so comfortable that you might fall asleep. The staff by the pool is amazing and always there asking if you need anything.

The staff is the best part about the AQUA. There seemed to be a 5 staff to 1 vacationer ratio while we stayed there. The are so nice and are willing to do anything for you. The never cease to amaze me throughout the trip.

One of the better things about the AQUA is the location. Right across the street is a shopping mall called La Isla. La Isla is great, with tons of different restaurants, clothing shops, boutiques, coffee shops, and supermarkets, it makes it so convenient. Everything you could need is right there.

This is what makes the Aqua the best hotel in Cancun. If you are traveling to Cancun, don’t even thing about staying any where else."

• Travel date: Sat 19th of February 2005

New Kid on the Block -- with Manners

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"After recently hearing about the newly opened Fiesta Americana Grand Aqua, I intentionally "rerouted" myself on a Florida trip to stay for 24-hours at the Aqua.

Location: Midway up the Hotel Zone, overlooking the Warm Gulf of Mexico.
Located across the street from the hotel is La Isla shopping mall -- very contemporary outdoor mall with large canvas ubrellas covering the walkways to provide shade. Mall has restaurants including McDonalds, Johnny Rockets, Chilis, Hippos, high end shops like Ralph Lauren and a couple of very convenient convenience stores with very reasonable prices.
There are only a couple of hotels this close and convenient to this shopping mall. Easy 15-20 minute ride from Aeropuerto.

Hotel: Very modern, clean lines -- something that an Ian Schraeger hotel might have with contemporary ultra lounge music being subtley being piped through the hotel sound system. Hotel is positioned towards the young 30's to 40's crowd that doesn't appreciate the polish/detail of a Four Seasons/Ritz property. 7 Guest elevators for only 9 floors and 370 guest rooms -- not much waiting for one. All windows of the hotel are tinted green, helping to bring in the colors of the ocean. At check-in, whenever even the smallest line began to form, the concierge would bring chilled herbal ice tea and cool cloths to waiting guests.

Rooms: Had a Deluxe Ocean View on the 7th Floor. Rooms are not large -- like one you would have at a Hyatt or Westin. Floors are a soft tan marble. High end bedding, feather pillows (or whatever you choose), and a well laid-out bathroom with seperate deep tub and shower. Commode does not have its own hidden area. Furniture in the room is well done, using mocha browns and aquas. At turndown, slippers and a linen towel are placed on the floor bedside, and a small candle which warms scented oil is lit on the desk (the maid said to stimulate romance!) Towels are thick, large, and top quality Turkish Cotton. US cable channels are all available.

Pools: Highlight of the public area. 8 pools of varying shades of blue tile -- one seperate adult pool (very heated) with a swim up bar (excelent Don Julio silver Margarita Rocks, no salt mixed their!). Lounge chairs are right against a "water sidewalk" -- 3 inch shallow pool area running the length where you can walk, just getting your feet wet. As described before, Beach and Pool "Beds" are also available -- they are more open cabana style.

Food: Ate breakfast poolside -- about $12 USD for a continental -- well within resort reason. Also had lunch poolside both days -- a wonderful fish ceviche served with tortilla chips that you simply scooped up the soft poached and marinated fresh fish -- Small was big enough to share-- $13 USD was a steal. Also had dinner at 'MB'. Staff was pleasant and still learning. Wine list is not 500 bottles long, but something for everyone. Groth Savingnon Blanc was chilled properly and again, at $55 USD, within restaurant reason. We shared 3 appetizers (including special Kobe Beef Carpacio -- outstanding) and each had an entree --- highly recommend the fresh popano stuffed with creamy spinich and wrapped with prociutto, then baked -- Prociutto created a crisp, slighly salty shell and the fish cooked perfectly. Dessert -- soufles were offered at the appropriate time but chose the Banana Cream Pie, which for a menu description said "Need we say more?" There were other dining outlets, bars, and a convenience store/deli also available.

Staff: Almost all key customer contact people spoke very good English -- will not be any barier during your stay (they love when you try to speak the forgotten Spanish you learned in school all those years ago). And theire are lots of staff -- will be easy to get their attention.

Why not 5-Stars? It is simply the level of polish -- no Evian Spray or chilled towels being offered to guests poolside. Requested that a dinner reservation be made at 'MB' from the pool server saying that the Pool Concierge would be by to confirm -- reservation not made nor confirmed.
I think the Ritz is safe on Best of Cancun, but the Grand Aqua has certainly made a statement. I will return without question."

Increeedibleeee

Reviewed Fri 28th of December 2012

"I love going to Mexico for vacation and especially to the Cancun - Puerta Aventura region, anyway from the the many hotels I have been to, this new Fiesta Americana Aqua is the best by far. It has great service, several amazing restaurants, and a fun and relaxing atmosphere. The extras this hotel offers such as the yoga classes, poolside beds, and spa are miles ahead of any hotel in Mexico. It is the perfect mix of New York- Miami style with a beautiful caribbean setting. I highly recommend this hotel!!"

• Travel date: Thu 17th of February 2005

Beautiful Hotel, Lacking some basics!

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"There is absolutely no doubt about it: this hotel is beautiful. The theme of water throughout the premises is soothing, the "new age" music is relaxing, and the the staff is extremely friendly. You will not pass a single staff member without an "Hola" or "Buenas tardes." The beach is nice, there are plenty of chairs around the pools and I have to agree with "decadent" being the adjective to describe the beds on the beach.
Now for the bad stuff. The staff is friendly but hotel maintenance is SLOW to get things fixed and the housekeeping staff just couldn't seem to get things right. Example: We had to ask for towels and robes EVERY single day because they kept forgetting to replace them. Mind you, I wouldn't even care using the same robe and towels as the day before, but since they had taken them all, it was a little difficult to do that. One of the door handles on their dresser had fallen off and there was a nail poking out. I have a toddler who seemed to find this nail fascinating, and even though we kept asking the hotel to fix it (either put the handle back on or take out the nail!) it took them until the day before we were leaving to do so (we were there for 7 days, so it's not like they didn't have time. The handle fell off the first day).
The beach beds were probably great when the hotel was at 10% capacity, but if you didn't go out at 8 in the morning and leave some stuff on the beds then forget getting anything at 10. Not only that, but the beds with cabanas have reservations, even though the front desk may tell you they're always available. So if you get there at 8 and take a bed, but it's already reserved, you can come back to find your stuff placed somewhere else by one of the friendly staff members. All this is okay, but the annyoing thing is when they don't honor your reservation even if you made it days in advance. It's not a big deal, but if you're boasting a 5-star hotel, then these things become a very big deal. It's the little things that distinguish a hotel.
On a plus note, the gym is free and has I think four treadmills, ellipticals, stairmasters, free weights, towels etc. Also, they bring you aromatherapy towels if you request them. Like I said, really really cool stuff, but only if you get the basics right. Here's what I think the Aqua should do: Fix their elevators so they work right, teach their housekeeping staff to replace things they take, honor reservations of beach beds...And THEN offer a pillow menu and aromatherapy.
Let's see what else. Oh yeah, breakfast buffet at Siete is awesome...worth every penny. Dinner at MB is overpriced and be careful: they charge for refills. Each glass of Sprite cost me $4.00 something they don't really tell you as they're happily refilling your cup. Also, if you ask for water, they bring you a big bottled water and when you ask for regular house water, they somehow don't understand and open the bottled water and charge you like 10 bucks for it.
My overall feeling on this hotel: Fabulous if you get the right service, frustrating if you don't. I stayed at the FA Coral Beach before and I think I would rather go there than Aqua.
OH One more thing: eat dinner at LaMadonna at La Isla Mall. It's a beautiful restaurant and has great food. That's all! Hope this helps some people make a decision about this hotel!"

Loved It

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"I could go on and on about all the wonderful things this hotel has to offer, but other reviewers have already done that. So, I will just add a few notes and rebutt a few. Number one, someone said the beds on the beach are twin size - they are not. They are all KING size. You can also have drinks on some of the beds around the bar pool at night. It was a little windy & chilly, so our bartender brought us warmed towels and covered us himself - without us asking. Also, someone mentioned that the pricing at the hotel restaurants is outrageous and the food is not that great. Also not true. Yes, the food at MB is expensive, but worth it. I have never experienced the level of professional service I experienced at both restaurants at this hotel. The food and service at MB especially blew us away. Yes, a splurge, but you already splurged on this hotel, right? Also, nobody has mentioned the excercise room - the equipment is unbeleivable! My husband and I were both about to give up on ever returning to Cancun before we found this hotel. Now, we would love to go back - we'll just never leave the property. A few things they need to work on - the bath water is brown. Also, the service was beyond compare, but we did have one beach concierge try to scam us. He told us there was a $60 charge for the beach beds, but we asked at the concierge desk and were told there is no charge, but you need to make reservations for the covered beds only (not the open ones)."

• Travel date: Wed 16th of February 2005

Can't wait to return

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"My husband and I along with two friends stayed at the Aqua in January and were very impressed. The staff is very friendly and always asking if you need anything. When you go down to any of the pools or the beach there is always someone there to set your towel up on your chair or bed and to make sure you have everything. At the time of our stay they had no king size beds so we were given a room with two doubles but the person working at the desk suggested that we push the beds together which worked out fine for us. The room was cleaned twice daily, though the time differed from day to day. The views are beautiful and the constant sound of moving water very relaxing. Though we had cable we didn't find ourselves in our room much watching tv, the pools were much more relaxing. The location of the hotel was very good. You can walk across the street to La Isla or it's just a short cab ride to the other malls and downtown. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who loves to be pampered and catered to."

• Travel date: Sun 13th of February 2005

wish we could go back now

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"We stayed at this hotel for 4 wonderful nights in January and would go back tomorrow. The room, amenities, view, staff, are all wonderful. You absolutely can't beat the beds on the beach and the infinity edge pool. The gym facilities are very nice too. The spa was very good/beautiful facility -- although next time I think I will get my massage outdoors. Yes, it's fairly expensive but there are restaurants within walking distance and shopping to pick up water etc..

Eat at the Azur restaurant for lunch and forego the more upscale dinner restaurants and you will be just as happy -- better yet get Saul, Brenda or Abeiro to bring you guacamole and pico in your canopied bed. It is very quiet here, partially because it is new -- I am afraid that once the secret is out it may not be as nice at 80% occupancy as it was at 10%...but I would go back in a minute. I am a hotel snob and the only other place we looked at in Cancun was the Ritz ... I can honestly say I was not at all disappointed that the Ritz was booked."

• Travel date: Fri 11th of February 2005

Fiesta Americana Grand Aqua Wow!

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"We are just back from five nights at the Fiesta Americanna Grand Aqua. My wife and are very well traveled and we both agree that this is about the finest property overall that we have experienced. The highlight of the hotel for us were the king sized canopy beds on the beach! These are made up each morning in terry cloth sheets and fresh pillows.

Everything about this hotel is beyond first class and the prices reflect it. This property will not be for everyone. (definently not for the all inclusive crowd) It is ultra modern and some will find it stark but we found it tastefull and exciting. Aqua is an oasis from the crowds of Cancun. Everything is beyond first rate and that is reflected in the price, however, this is the perfect example of getting what you pay for."

• Travel date: Tue 8th of February 2005

Hotels near Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun

Stayed at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun

• Mich_Jones by Mich_Jones

"Reserve any of the spa treatments you wont regret it "

Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun is also called