JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa

Blvd. Kukulkan Lote 40-A, Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500 Mexico

Good

Loved the J.W!

"We arrived in Cancun with no set plan. We picked up our rental car and decided to drive around until we found a place we liked. We stopped at the Marriot first.Being lucky enough to get a pretty sweet deal on a room for the night, we were blown away by our room! Top floor with a glorious view of both the ocean and the pools, with luxurious room amenities including a spa bathroom with beautiful wooden french doors, huge private balcony (never in direct sunlight), and everything else we needed to feel comfortable.Almost instantly, we planned to make the J.W. a yearly ritual. We will definitely be back!!!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of April 2003

This Place is great

"This place is great!!!!! I agree with the other opinions listed below. The food, service, rooms, spa, and pool are all first class. This place is very comfortable and relaxing. I booked my trip with Priceline Vacations which made it affordable. I stayed Apirl 9th - 16th 2003."

• Travel date: Wed 16th of April 2003

Pricey, but Perfect!

"As a seasoned traveler, I am a Corporate Jet Pilot, The JW is an amazing hotel. First rate in every way. From the cool A/C in the rooms, to the overabundance of pool and beach chairs. No noise whatsoever, Quality rooms that ALL have views. Gigantic, clean and large ongoing pool, this is the best in Cancun. Centrally located and food and drinks that are great. I travel a lot and stay at finer resorts, JW is the place in Cancun for sure. I stayed in a regular room and it was all marble and granite in the bathroom, seperated shower stall and tub shower. Closed off toilet room and dual sinks. Big TV, nice balcony and dual pained glass sliding doors that open 2 ways. Just a great place. I perused this site and chose JW and was NOT dissappointed. I booked the Westin and cancelled after reading some reviews on this site. What a good choice. I stay at Westons and 'W's and this hotel is right there in service, facility and location. You really do get what you pay for and this hotel does not dissapoint at all. The service is very friendly and the facility is a repeater, I will definately come back here if I get forced too:-) Being a pilot and all, and reccomend this Hotel very Highly. Eat at 'The Distillery' and 'Casa Margarita', a mile away by bus and have an amazing trip. Also 'Mikado' next door in the other Marriot hotel is Fabuolus!"

• Travel date: Sat 12th of April 2003

Absolutely Wonderful

"We spent 11 days in March at this wonderful hotel, and had one of the best hotel experiences of our lives. The room was wonderful, with a nice large bathroom, and a great view of the ocean. The spa is second to none, even nicer than the Boulders and the Phoenician in Phoenix. The food is great at both Salsa and Gustino's. and not bad at the Casa Magna next door. My kids( 5 year old twins) loved the kids club and went every day. The pool and ocean were spectacular, always enough chairs and umbrellas. The best part of the hotel is the service. Never have we been treated so nicely and attentively. The staff throughout the hotel could not do enough for us, and were constantly concerned about our welfare. From the moment we arrived and for the entire stay, the JW and its people surpassed all expectations. We will definitely return to this true five star hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of April 2003

Amazing

"I just spent a week here and I can't say enough good things about it. Amazing service, excellent food, beautiful hotel and a pool that you can easily spend an entire week at!"

• Travel date: Sun 30th of March 2003

Everything was great

"I´ve just returned from this AMAZING hotel. I stayed with my husband 4 nights, and I wasn´t disappointed in any way. The hotel has an excellent location, great beach, wonderful pools, and superb service. The thing I liked the most was the room, which is carpeted (not very common in beach proprties), every room in this hotel has a balcony, try an odd numbered room, they have better views of the ocean, but from every room you can see the ocean. Prices for the restaurants are high, try considering the "Two for breakfast" package, which includes breakfast for 2 at Cafe Salsa, which serves great mexican food as well as classics. For lunch the deli inside the hotel has great sandwiches and cheaper than those served in the pool. The drinks are quite expensive, but you can expect it."

• Travel date: Thu 27th of March 2003

Great!!

"Whole hotel facilities and service was great. Breakfast buffet was just magnificent. Beautiful beach."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of March 2003

Great accomodations

"We just returned from a six night stay at the JW Marriott and had a wonderful experience. The property is comparable to a Ritz Carlton, but not quite up to a Four Seasons. The decor can best be described as "ritzy traditional" with chandeliers, gold leafing and marble everywhere. Not exactly up my alley (I prefer modern clean lines and minimalism) but pleasant nonetheless. The rooms are large, carpeted with comfortable beds and great views from the balcony. Great closets with sliding drawers seal the deal. The bathrooms deserve special mention with two vanities, walk in glass enclosed shower, seperate tub all in marble with Neutrogena bath products. Service was in a word exemplary. The spa was fantastic - splurge and do at least one treatment. The hotel grounds were spotless and the pool/beach area beautiful. Other pluses included a bakery/deli/convenience store in the lobby where any last minute essentials could be purchased without a long trip to the store. Overall, a fantastic place to stay for the discriminating traveler. We will be back."

• Travel date: Mon 24th of March 2003

Very nice hotel and beach

"Stayed here in August, 2002. Everything was great - the pool is beautiful as is the hotel and beach area. I cannot think of anything negative to write about this hotel. Took scuba lessons in a special, separate hotel pool that was built specifically for this purpose. A lady was hand-rolling fresh cigars each night in the hotel lobby. Overall it was fantastic."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of March 2003

Better than the Ritz....

"I just spent 3 fabulous nights at this beautiful resort. Is it inexpensive? No! But if you are used to staying at the top of the line resorts in Cancun, you will not be disappointed. In my mind this hotel exceeded the Ritz Carlton. All rooms are at least partial oceanview w/ mini bar, hair dryer, irons. All have stand up glass & marble shower with separate show/tub combination & all have balconies. Rooms are carpeted and spacious with small sitting area. They have a wonderful pool for beginner divers as well as an amazing freeform style pool. Service on the beach and around the pool was great. The drinks were great as was the food but expect to pay 6 - 8.50 USD for a mixed drink and around 4.00 for beer. Lunch around the pool was 8 - 11.00 for a sandwich & fries or a side. This hotel has a walkway to the Marriott Casa Magna next door and you can sign any food or beverages from either property to your room. Casa Magna has a great sports bar & Japanese restaurant. The spa at this place is absolutely amazing! The nicest in Cancun! There is a huge indoor pool with beautiful views of the grounds and lagoon. The water was lukewarm and perfect for swimming laps. There is also a very large jacuzzi with a shower nearby to rinse off as well as a tv. Both are open until 10 pm in the evening. The gym was as nice as any fitness center in the US with all the newest equipment, bottled water & a juice bar. This hotel has a full business center with internet access. There was music almost nightly in the lobby area. I didn't dine at the JW except at the pool but the restaurants had varied menus and looked very nice.There is a small grocery store right across the street if you need to buy phone cards, snacks or liquor. Service was incredible from every aspect!"

• Travel date: Thu 6th of March 2003

Hotels near JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa

Stayed at JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa? Share your insight.

JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa is also called