Iberostar Cancun

Blvd Kukulcan Km 17, Cancun 77500 Mexico

Excellent place to stay

"having never before taken a vacation outside of the USA before, my wife and I decided to venture to Cancun. Well, the Hilton was more than we could ask for. The food, atmosphere and staff were all terrific and hospitable. We stayed in a beachclub room that was clean and had I think the best view of the ocean. It was like you are in your own little world. The beachclub rooms are a bit south from the hotel within walking distance though. Sitting outside the room anytime of day was breathtaking!! Every meal exceeded our expectations!! We had room service, ate at the pool grill and at the waterfront restaurant too.
Nothing was overly priced at all (wich we were suprsised). Venturing outside the hotel we shopped, took daily tours and just hung out. If you want to find excellent bargins go straight to the downtown market.
It is about 40 pesos ($4.00 USD) by Taxi. There you will find everything and anything. Then go to the local Walmart. Thats right the local Walmart for ALL of your alcohol needs. Best prices in town. The duty free isn't as cheep either. The local bus service is also the way to go if you don't want to venture off the strip (4 pesos/ .40cents US, per ride). Well we will be back there next year, it was the best vacation ever, the only complaint was the light wasn't working outside the room on the patio and the service guy came at 10pm at night and fixed it. If that is the only thing my wife complained about then I had one terrific time."

• Travel date: Sat 8th of November 2003

Hilton was excellent

"October 13,2003: Just got back from the Hilton Cancun today. What an excellent experience! They upgraded us to an ocean villa because it was my birthday. We only had to walk out our patio to the beach. Everyone was extremely friendly. The maid service was great, twice a day with chocolates. Beautiful pools and the ocean was great, although hard to walk on because it is so soft. Would stay here again any time we come to Cancun! Watch out for the crazy bus drivers!!"

• Travel date: Mon 13th of October 2003

Great setting

"Stayed at the Hilton Cancun just before the WTO meetings at the start of September 2003. We stayed in one of the ocean front villas for 4 nights. We stayed in room 2007, the room space was large, the bathroom marbled with a separate shower and bath tub. Bath tub small but fine.
Beach Front View was brilliant, with balcony and chairs. The newspaper came daily with the local temperature reading at 6am and the daily forecast. With the villa rooms it comes with breakfast at one of the restaurants, Spices, where the food was excellent. Also complimentary cocktails between 6:00-7:30 in the cocktail bar with canapes. The pool area was exceptional with lots of space to swim. When we were there there was hardly anyone else about. The one minor hiccup we had was when we arrived and were put into one of the villa rooms - the door didn't lock, probably due to weather wear and tear, so we had to change rooms. The change was done quickly and smoothly with no problem.
Otherwise it is an excellent place to stay. Sure it is far from the shops and the downtown area but the buses are plentiful and are quick so the location was a benefit in my opinion. It is close to the airport too. By the way if you want to catch a shuttle to the hotel and you aren't on a air/hotel package then talk to the shuttle companies on the left hand side just before you exit the airport. The staff were impeccable."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of September 2003

Hilton Cancun was excellent

"My friend and I just came back from Cancun and stayed at the Hilton Cancun in one of their Villa rooms. We had a beachfront room and the beach was about 20 feet from our patio. The room was large and the bathroom was wonderful, a marble shower plus a seperate tub. The pool at this hotel is amazing, the best I have ever seen. It is terraced and very large. Best of all, the service was incredible. Everyone always was cheerful and happy to answer any questions or help in anyway. I would definately reccommend staying here. It is a bit down from the other hotels so be prepared to take taxi's to shopping or the local bus. It was well worth it thought to have such a quiet place to relax."

• Travel date: Wed 17th of September 2003

Definetly whats good!

"The hilton is whats really good. Its extremely relaxing. The staff is real friendly,, but not over-bearing. The continental breakfast was hot. Wide variety of food that you can take to go. We took enough back to our rooms to feed us all day! The Hotel has 7 pools, a swim up Bar, and a beautiful beach. It has a nice workout gym also. Not to close to the night scene(quiet), but not too far either.(15 mins). I would suggest it to anyone that likes to relax during the day & party at night. Also Its close to the airport, thats good for arriving & departing. I was there from August 5-10, 2003, with 4 of my boys. (one of the best times ever) Plan on going back next year. SAME HOTEL!"

• Travel date: Sun 24th of August 2003

Great Beach

Good

"I searched long and hard to find the perfect place to stay. The only thing I can say, is to check out the reviews for each property that you are interested in first. My husband and I stayed at the Hilton, Cancun Aug 15-22, 2003. We had the executive oceanfront (it is a villa that is off from the hotel). The view from the room is great and you can hear the ocean from your room. As far as the room, it was clean, had a seperate shower and bathtub (which the bath tub was tiny-if you like baths). It seemed a lot like the average hotel room, though. The air-conditioning worked well and it had a coffee maker, hair dryer, make-up mirror, tv and telephone. They had robes and slippers for you in your room. Our room was suppoed to come with a daily newspaper which sometimes was there. They also had turn down service which was not really consistant (I think they did our room 3 times out of 7). I don't really care either way about turn down service, but I thought I would mention it, incase you do care about that. The beach at this property was great. There was plenty of lounge chairs at the pool and the beach at any time of day. There were plenty of cabana-hut type that your chair could be under if you wanted shade at the pool and the beach. It was not overcrowded at the beach. Some hotels have overcrowded beaches or the beaches are terrible. This one was great for that. There are 3 restaurants: Japanese- Mitachi-it was excellent, Mexican, and Italian.
Our room included a breakfast buffet everyday (which normally runs $11.00 per person) and we had happy hour each night for 1 1/2 hours that included many different kinds of drinks that were really good.
They also gave some food. That was also included. We were booked into a "romance package" that included the room, breakfast buffet or you could order off of the menu if you chose to, the happy hour daily, a dinner with a bottle of wine at the Mitachi restaurant (excellent). I found the best rate by either looking at hilton.com or going to google.com and looking up hilton cancun (they have their own website). Look uner the specials at the cancun hilton website. We had a few problems with the hotel and at first the manager Joseph did nothing about. I finally spoke with a front desk manager (which I think is higher up then the regular manager). They finally decided to compensate us. The hotel has a beautiful property. Yes, it is a bit out of the way, but the bus service there is really reliable and it was costing us 6 pesos (which is $0.60 each time you got on the bus). I felt that it was easy to get around by bus and we never had to wait a long time for a bus, either.
The only negative thing, the hotel has no transportation of their own to pick you up from the airport. So, we took a shuttle from the airport that costs $9.00 per person- which was totally fine. Hilton is one of the first hotels that you come to, so you most likely will the the first one off it your shuttle is full. Otherwise, a taxi from the airport to the hotel cost $40- not worth that-take a shuttle. As, far as the way back to the airport, it is a bit different. They do not have shuttle pick up at hotels unless you already have transfers with a package, (like apple vacations, etc.) so you have to take a taxi, but the taxis are always parked outside and the cost to go back to the airport was $20 total (not per person). Well, I think I put as much information as I could possibly think of, but if you have any questions for me, feel free to e-mail me. I hope you have a fun trip!!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 24th of August 2003

Wonderful stay

"This hotel was not simply a place to stay, but an experience that will be remembered forever! The staff was warm and welcomed us with smiles and frienldly greetings. There were several pools that were all linked together. Outstanding for our 1 year old boy. The 12 year old boy could hardly be pulled from the pool.Beach-The beach is beautiful, but not meant to be played in. There were always red flags warning us not to swim- we ignored them, but the fun got old quickly. If you are in search of an enjoyable beach, try a hotel on the other side of the convention center. I would recommend that you phone the hotel personally and ask any questions that you might have.It seems that, as far as the beach goes, you either get a beautiful hotel with a rough beach, or a beautiful beach with an older hotel.Transportation-Busses ran constantly in all directions (2). We found that Wal-mart had very inexpensive alcohol and trinkets to take home.Food-The food at the hotel was a bit pricey. For example, the buffets cost in the area of $15-$20, but they were delicious.Drinks-The hotel hosted 2 happy hours a day, which was 2 drinks for the price of one, but the drinks had to be identical. The pool had a swim up bar. Drinks were $6 a piece.Activities-there are several things to do in Cancun. We went on the Isla mujuers tour and snorkeled and got pissy drunk by 10am. The tour through Caribean Fun Day cost $112 for 2 adults and a child. This was all inclusive. Great time! The boy got to swim with a shark and take pictures- all included.Aqua World has a booth on the hotel facility, but excursions can also be purchased in the lobby at the travel agency.Gym-The hotel has a modern excercise facility with Life fitness machines and weights.Recommendation-I would gladly refer my bretheren to this resort to enjoy some peaceful time in Mexico. Any one is welcome to email me if you have any questions."

• Travel date: Sat 9th of August 2003

Unknown

"The rooms are very nice, and affordable. I would recommend it to anyone who's going to cancun lately. Expedia has great rates on this hotel. Anyways, i loved this hotel! A defenite 5 star."

• Travel date: Sun 20th of July 2003

Great place to stay

Good

"Our stay at the Hilton proved to be very delightful. My husband and I spent 5 nights at this Hotel. The rooms were very clean and very spacious. Service was excellent and expediant. We became ill the last night in Cancun and the Hotel's Physician took good care of us and made sure that are trip home was not unbearable."

• Travel date: Sat 19th of July 2003

Paradise

"A firiend and I arrived in Cancun with no accomodation booked. The Hilton was the only hotel with an available room when we arrived and although it was a little out of our budget, we took it. Upon our arrival, we were greeted warmly and treated like queens. The staff were so helpful, friendly and professional. Our porter, Julio, who escorted us to our room filled us in on everything the hotel and cancun had to offer. The room had the most stunning view of the caribbean sea and the room itself was spotlessly clean, spacious and tastefully decorated. The hotel boasts 7 amazing pools and the beach is stunning, so relaxing and not an annoying child in sight. Did I mention that it is the most romantic place??? Pity I was there with a girlfriend, we both agreed that boyfriends would definately have been worth tagging along and we also both decided that when we get married, the Hilton Cancun is definately on the books for a honeymoon. Overall, I would go back tomorrow. 100% perfect. Enjoy!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 8th of July 2003

Hotels near Iberostar Cancun

Stayed at Iberostar Cancun? Share your insight.

Iberostar Cancun is also called