About Hyatt Ziva Cancun

• rooftop pool
  • butler service
  • adult pool

Good

Well, after a 10 hour flight and not sea...

Reviewed Thu 20th of September 2007

"Well, after a 10 hour flight and not seated together although we had paid for it, we got off the plane and within a few hours, knew that the long flight had been totally worth it.

The hotel is really classy with the all the staff treating you so well it’s fantastic. They are all really friendly and cannot do enough for you.

It was our honeymoon and they immediately upgraded our room free of charge and decorated it lovely. You get a free mini bar which is restocked everyday and free 24 hour room service.

We had champagne and fruit waiting for us when we arrived in the room and just outside they have their own dolphinarium!

We would never use Thomas Cook again though as the rep was useless!! Wonderful place though and would recommend it to everybody. Will return one day!"

• Travel date: Thu 20th of September 2007

Excellent accommodations and service. Fo...

Reviewed Fri 30th of September 2005

"Excellent accommodations and service. Food was adequate but not exceptional. Activities somewhat limited. We were there for 5 nights and barely ever felt like venturing from the hotel. Everything was very clean, the pools were great, the beach quite nice. Food was just "good" but being all-inclusive it really helped us relax. Staff was exceptional.

We stayed in the Tower so I cannot vouch for the regular rooms but if they were anything like the one we stayed in no one would be disappointed. Good for singles, senior, families with young children (probably the younger the better). We were not there during the busy season but seeing that the hotel is located on the end of a point it might be good for escaping the crowds.

• Travel date: Fri 30th of September 2005

Feels like I was robbed...

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"My fiance and I just came back from Cancun, and we both feel as if we had been robbed. The entrance of the hotel was very bland compared to the other hotels that we passed. When we first arrived at the hotel, we both said to each other, "Is this it?" There is two buildings at the Camino Real...one building is very tall, and I believe it's called the towers. The other building is the older building and it's shaped kinda like a pyramid. In any case, we stayed in the older, pyramind looking building. Our FIRST room's A/C did not work, so we had to be placed in another room. The decor of the room needs work (like what most of the other reviews had indicated). When we asked if we could stay in the towers (the newer rooms), they told us that we had to pay 70 bucks extra per day for the upgrade! I mean, come on, 70 bucks per day for 7 nights is almost 500 more dollars we had to spend! I believe the people who submitted a good review of this hotel stayed in the towers..... please correct me if I'm wrong. The man-made beach beside the hotel is what is called the "deluxe-beach" view. It's very dirty.... filled with algae and 3 poor sea turtles swimming in it. I don't see why people would swim in it. It smelled. The one good thing I can say about the hotel is the service. People there were very nice. Be sure to pack a lot of dollar bills. What my fiance and I thought was kinda weird was....on the first day, we forgot to leave a tip for the maid, but on the second day, we left her 2 dollars, and she hooked it up! She left us mouth wash, a shaver and toothpaste! But on the third day, we only left her 1 dollar, and nada.... she didn't give us anything..... not even mouth wash that we had already used. Wooooo, I do suggest the Fiesta Americana and the Hyatt, which are right next to the Camino Real. We walked through those two hotels and we were in awe. Very classy..... the entrance is pretty grand, the lobby floors and counter tops were marble and just totally ritzy looking (the Camino Real'se rooms look like though, but I would imagine them being nice. HOPE THIS HELPS EVERYONE OUT!"

• Travel date: Fri 16th of May 2003

I cant understand how anyone liked this place?

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"I just read some of the reviews that were written about this hotel and I just can't understand how anyone could have liked this hotel?? First of all there is nothing to say of the decor, it was very bland, except for when they tried to "do it up" in the rooms, but failed miserably! The room was painted with magenta, dark blue, very "mexican" colors. I guess if you are going to Cancun to experince a true Mexico feel then you might apprecitate the deco of this hotel, however I hated it. I don't care where I am, if i'm one vacation, I want to feel that I am at a hotel that has class and beauty, however the only beautiful thing about this hotel was the ocean behind it! Also, the pool was small, warm, and dirty! I called my travel agent, chewed her a new *******, and made her change my hotel. From there I went to the Casa Magna Marriot which was WONDERFULL! I recommend it to anyone who goes to Cancun and isn't looking for all inclusie package. If you do stay at the Marriot go to their sushi resturant, ITS AMAZING!1"

• Travel date: Tue 6th of May 2003

Loved the Camino Real

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"An absolutely delightful hotel. The Club Rooms are spacious and extremely comfortable, with nicely sized balconies. Club Rooms include continental breakfast and evening appetizers, which was well worth the extra price!! The private beach and palapas that can be reserved guarantee shade for those that need it. The service on the beach, in the Club, or at the restaurants, was outstanding. We ate at all restaurants on the property and didn't have a bad meal anywhere. The fresh grouper at La Brisa was terrific. For a good old American sandwich, I highly recommend the BLT. I'm booking another trip and am not even considering another hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 26th of April 2003

Hmm...4 star? I don't think so

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"Hmm........no way this a 3.5 or 4 star hotel. The rooms are NOT nice, and honestly ugly. People who work there are friendly. Expeida SUCKS and does not give fair ratings. We were supposed to stay at Melia Terquesa but got sent here cause they overbooked. We were pissed off. Expedia is worthless and would never recommend booking vacations through them! The hotel is in a good location and has a nice beach. Pool sucks and is too small. Overall, ok. People who work there are nice."

• Travel date: Sun 20th of April 2003

Not For Everyone

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"We stayed at the Camino Real two years ago and I just booked a room for next month. After trying Grand Caribe and Oasis Grand, We decided to come back to the Camino. Fantastic views, Well kept grounds, Two beaches, and wonderful restraunts. If you are looking for beach and pool activities, whistle blowing, and nightly entertainment, go elsewhere. This is a quiet resort with great hospitality. Ocean side beach is protected by the huge waves. Lagoon side is calm with great sand. We purchased the meal plan this time. The restraunt in the complex is expensive ($16.00 for breakfast) and Maria Bonita is one best restraunt in Cancun. Highly recommend for those wanting to get away from it all."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of April 2003

Needs a decorator's touch

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"We arrived on a Saturday afternoon at about 2:00PM but didn't get into our room until after 4:00PM- and not the ocean view we had reserved. We were relocated to an ocean view room the next day (small inconvenience but the hotel staff was quite congenial) Both the first and second room were identical, right down to the absolutely atrocious colors painted in the rooms (magenta, yellow, and royal blue). The hotel structure is strikingly beautiful as are the surrounding grounds and the location on the "point." The rooms do need renovating but they were clean and the showers in both rooms were powerful and there was plenty of hot water. We had trouble with the in room safe not working but the hotel staff responded quickly to make repairs. This hotel has 3 main restaurants that were just "adequate" for food and since they do not offer any meal plan, you are free to eat wherever you wish - most shopping and restaurants are within walking distance yet far enough away so that the hotel's ambiance is quiet and remote in feeling. With a few "color" corrections in the room decorations and re-calking in the bathrooms, this Hotel would rank right up there with the Fiesta Americana coral beach, though not as "glitsy" it is truly a regal old Mexican charmer!"

• Travel date: Wed 26th of March 2003

Always A Pleasure To Return To

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"One of the nicest things about Cancun is the Camino Real. It has the best location (by far) of any hotel in the Hotel Zone. With the blend of Caribbean and Gulf waters at it's doorstep and walking distance from town, how can you go wrong? Considering it was one of the first 5 hotels built on the Island in 1974, it still has all the charm and style of a first-class Hotel. Although the bathrooms need updating, the rooms are comfortable and well-kept. If you're looking for warm sun, cool drinks and great service, look no further..."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of March 2003

Slice of Heaven

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"We stayed at the Camino Real in March of 2002 and all I can say it was a slice of heaven. I am excited to be returning again this spring. The service was excellent, the rooms were clean, and the hotel is in a beautiful location. It is quiet and serene which is what we like, and the party life is walking distance. The beach is very clean and the most beautiful I've ever seen. Because of Camino Real and the wonderful experience we had there, we are gladly returning to Cancun."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of March 2003

Stayed at a nicer Motel 6...

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"This place was awful. I walked in and the closet was on my left. There was rust all along the bottom of it and rust all along the bathtub. My girlfriend plopped down on the bed and was in pain because the bed was so hard. The room had a great ocean view, but that was it. The free breakfast was nothing to speak of. After two nights there I was seeing what I could do to switch hotels. On the third night I paid $650 to get flight tickets the next day to go home because the local rep for the travel company was no help in switching hotels. Do not stay at Expo Cancun. My back and neck is still sore from staying there. We talked to other people who were staying there and they said the same thing about their stay. We walked past some other people who were talking about the hotel and they said, "We should have stayed at the Hyatt." I couldn't have agreed with them more."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of March 2003

Not for everyone!

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"This hotel is definitely not for everyone! It was extremely quite and boring to me since I stayed at the Cancun Palace last time. I also hated that it was not all inclusive. We were always afraid to get something for fear of how much it would cost. They do have great beaches though and that is about it in my opinion! And if you order Cokes, the charge for refills and we ended up spending 15 dollars at Maria Bonita just on Cokes...ridiculous! I would recommend staying at Cancun Palace and going all inclusive!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 9th of March 2003