About Hyatt Zilara Cancun

• adult pool
  • private pool

Great place to stay!

Reviewed 23rd January 2012

"We took a four day trip to the Gran Caribe, the hotel located next to the Royal. We were offered an upgrade and decided to take them up on it. So glad we did! We walked into the room and had felt like this was going to be a vacation to remember. Unfortunately they didn't have any King size beds when we checked in but that was fine. We had two Queen size beds instead. Each room has it's own two person jaquzzi, the shower has two separate heads, one with a full body spray. There was a hammack on our deck along with a nice table set. We had and all-inclusive rate. The food was great. We didn't have the chance to get into the restaraunts that required a reservation but that was fine by us. Our room came with four different bottles of alcohol that we could change if we didn't like the flavors that were supplied. The bars were stocked with all topshelf liquors. The scenery was incredible. All of the rooms have ocean-side views and the sunrises are great. The only issue we had was there was no place to dance at night at the hotel. Lack of ativities in the hotel itself was not a problem. Just about every hour of the day there was some type of activity going such as beach volleyball, yoga, etc. If you just want to hang out and relax it is great for that too. It would have been nice to have a place to dance in the hotel if one didn't want to go to out to the local clubs. They do allow smoking throughout the resort unless you have a non-smoking room but the breeze going through the hotel quickly dissapates the smoke so we didn't end up smelling like an ashtray. Overall this was one of the nicest places we have stayed in a while and we travel on a fairly regular basis. "

• Travel date: 19th January 2012

we could not believe our eyes

Reviewed 4th February 2009

"My Daughter and myself spent ten wonderful days at The Royal Cancun Last year. We were pampered by the staff constantly they could not do enough for you the weather was hot hot hot only one day of rain for a little while did not stop any activities though. There was your own jacuzzi in the room i loved it,when i got home i wanted the same attention. I could easily live like that i recomend this hotel highly to anyone and already have to our family and friends. I Cant wait to take my Husband there as soon as it is possible. The food was excellent,so many restaurants on site, Bars, and drinks round the pool yahhh. They also were very informative if you wanted to do anything off site they had deals if you wanted them we went on some excursions i recomend it but if you just want to sit by the pool i cant think of anywhere else i would love to be. If you want to go to Mexico Cancun look it up it is well worth while. "

• Travel date: 3rd February 2009

Do not believe the bad reviews on here!!...

Reviewed 10th September 2008

"Do not believe the bad reviews on here!!! We have just come back from two glorious weeks staying at the Royal and can only say what a fantastic hotel this is.... We were booked into staying at the Gran Caribe but upon check in we were asked if we wanted to upgrade the The Royal for $40 per night with 2 nights free. We checked out our room in the GCR and it was OK. But we wanted that little extra something. We were transported to The Royal and they had Champagne waiting for us when we got there. No queing at all just sit at the Concierges desk in comfy chairs and we were booked in. They didnt have the same room for the full 14 nights so they gave us a further upgrade to a corner suite for free!!! FANTASTIC again!! We only got to stay in the Corner Suite for 1 night but this didnt matter. The following day our bags were taken to our new room a Jnr Suite. Rooms ~ All rooms are ocean front with 2 large patio glass doors opening onto your balcony which had nice metal (not plastic) furniture on it overlooking the sea/pool and Pelicanos restaurant. The room was large and we had 2 queen sized beds which were luxury and the most comfortable ever. Both beds had 7 pillows on them with various thickness's, so you could choose a hard pillow/soft pillow or a mixture of the both. Plasma screen and DVD to watch, celing fan and air con to blow you away... Mini Bar and optics with branded spirits. Bathroom with huge shower and vanity area. Electric Safe and enough space for clothes etc. Double Jacquzzi overlooking the sea and pool. What luxury!! Staff ~ Wonderful, pleasant and always smiling and willing to help. Timeshare ~ Yes we got asked ONCE, but we politly said No Thanks a few times and that was it. No more questions and no more hassle. Food ~ A delight. Spices, Buffett bar really for breakfast as it's all self service but if you just want to pick a light meal then this is good for you. Every kind of food you could imagine from Fish to Meats to Salad and fruit, Soups and breads to sweets and pasta. Everything.... 24 hours lounge ~ drinks on tap, food available (although a little cold!) Pool and Ping Pong. Maria Maries ~ WONDERFUL the best in the resort. Mexican and french a la carte. Fantastic service and to die for food!! Tapas Bar ~ as above (this is located next to Maria Maries). Asiana ~ Show Japenesse and Chinnese food. Cooked to order in front of you. A great experiance. Pelicanos ~ Restuarant by the pool. Good for Lunch time snacks and meals. Service excellent as ever. Hotel ~ Grandure beyond my expectations. A solo piano awaits in the Lobby playing itself. Lobby Bar serving all your drinks all night till midnight with live music nightly. (downside is that they serve drinks in plastic cups?) Pool Area ~ a huge pool which was very welcome in the heat ~ Double beds to sit on under canopies and sunbeds with visors for your head if you get to hot... Beachtlers walking about ready with suncream and cold flannels. Not to mention how they clean your sun glassess for you. All in all I cannot find fault with this hotel nor the staff at all........ If your concerned about this hotel - DONT BE!!! There moto is "Expect the Exceptional" - And you can, you really can... Enjoy........."

• Travel date: 10th September 2008

Great new resort

Reviewed 26th December 2012

"I stayed at the Royal Cancun from March 1-4 and thought this new hotel was great. There were some issues with the air conditioning due to a broken engine but they were in the process of fixing that. What I loved most about the hotel were the rooms, which were very large and with extremely comfortable beds. The amenities in the rooms were wonderful. I had Bulgari bath amenities, massage shower jets, there was a flat screen TV with Bose sound system, a loaded iPod and a great ocean view. The staff in the resort was very nice and helpful and the food at the tapas and asian restaurant was really good. What I had not seen in Cancun before were what seemed beautiful swim up suites. Would love to stay in one of those next time! I'd definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a beautiful luxury resort who can appreciate the nice extra touches and inclusions that come with it."

• Travel date: 6th March 2007

Still Not Ready For that 5* Review

Reviewed 21st October 2012

"Just returned on March 2nd from The Royal Cancun--very disappointed to say that it still isn’t ready. Worst of all, every person I spoke with complained about the heat in the rooms. The air conditioning just isn’t up to standard. And even in January/February it’s not cool enough to be comfortable without A/C. The restaurants Maria Marie’s and Asiana suffered the same problem. They were both very, very HOT! Not only were the guests sweating, but the wait staff was dripping. Kind of gross! Wonder how many drops went in our food? Another issue is the expectation of tips. As stated in prior reviews from other members, everyone is looking for a tip! I was prepared and brought lots of dollars, but was bothered by this issue several times. One day, I was at the pool and wanted lunch but didn’t have cash with me. I went to Pelicanos, the outdoor restaurant, anyway. I wasn’t able to tip the waiter that day, but thought, “Oh well, I’ll take care of it on another visit.” Well, the next morning that waiter refused to wait on my table! He had a discussion with the “Captain” about it, and came sullenly to our table. In the meantime other guests arrived after us, received coffee, bread, and a full meal and was gone before my friends and I even received coffee!! On another occasion, at the restaurant Spice, I was alone, but didn’t want to sit in a section of the restaurant by myself. When the Maitre D’ offered me a table in a room alone, I asked to be seated in the room where other guests were seated. He accommodated me. When I was at the buffet, my waiter came to me and asked me to change tables and move to the empty room again. I know this was all about tips. If a single person was seated at his table, he couldn’t get much. But if four people sat at his table, he could get more. This second request to sit in a room alone, aggravated me to the point of leaving and going to another restaurant. Please keep in mind that the restaurant wasn't even 1/4 full. Another problem is at Maria Marie’s Restaurant. At both meals there, I felt extremely pressured to purchase wine from their wine menu. The house wine was perfectly fine and was included in the “All-inclusive.” As a result, I felt no need to purchase other wine. I was very uncomfortable with the numerous attempts to pressure me to buy other wine. The Royal Cancun supposedly has a “Pillow Menu.” Don’t believe it. Their pillows were all very thick and firm. Unfortunately I sleep with a very soft down pillow and usually bring my own. But since I thought they had a selection of pillows, I left mine home. When I asked for a soft, thin, down pillow, I was brought two more pillows, just like the ones already in my room! Another issue is, the noise goes on. Workers are still working furiously at getting the hotel ready. There is still a lot of clinking going on as the workers do some carving, and other sorts of work. This goes on day and night, but honestly didn’t bother me , but it may bother others. My room was not perfectly clean, the tub had not been cleaned after the prior occupant, and the table hadn’t even been wiped—it had spills and rings on it. I left the housekeeper’s tip with a note “Gracias” on the table, hoping she’d see the mess and clean it, but she didn’t. I would have cleaned it had there been a washcloth, but my room had only very large, luxurious towels, no washcloths. The floor also could have used a good mopping. Not to be all negative, the hotel was beautiful, the bathroom was luxurious, as were the toiletries and linens. The lobby is gorgeous, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The food was average as were the drinks. Of course this is in comparison to New Orleans food and drinks. Pelicanos was a wonderful environment, both day and night, with outdoor seating overlooking the beach. The staff at Maria Marie’s was perfectly accommodating and cheerful. The bed was comfy, but it was too hot in the room to appreciate the bed. Honestly, I would not return to this hotel and would not recommend it. Based on what others have told me about all-inclusives in Jamaica, I would probably go there next time instead. Another issue was not related to the hotel but to the travel agency, Cheap Carribbean. The agency booked the trip including air, hotel and transfers. They knew the schedule..... I would have appreciated just a note, when dropped off at the hotel, indicating what time I would be picked up for my return flight. Instead I was required to attend a meeting at 4:30 p.m. on the day I arrived. This was simply an opportunity for them to "sell" me additional packages/excursions. Because I didn't know to bring my itinerary with me, I was required to go to the Cheap Carribbean desk again before my departure date. After several attempts to find the CC Rep., I had to wait for him to return to the hotel the day before my departure so that I could obtain the time for my return transfer. The time involved in all of this deprived me of time to enjoy my vacation, and was totally unnecessary. I am usually very easy to please, but was not very pleased with this hotel or travel agency."

royal cancun

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"just got back from a wonderful weekend trip to the new ROYAL Cancun - the resort is incredible! For a resort only open 2 weeks it was overall a great experience, they were having alittle air conditioning issue but it did not effect my stay - management was on the ball and sent a nice letter to the guests stating the problem The Royal Swim - Up Master Suite is wonderful! The best beds ever, Bose system in your room with loaded IBODS< UNlimited long distance calling (for real) the most incredible showers with multi jets etc. I travel alot and the bath towels were the best and oversized bathrobes - not those bathrobes made for size 2's. Overall a great experience that will only get better every day!"

Caution

Reviewed 28th October 2012

"My husband and I booked our trip for The Royale back in December and I have followed the construction and progress at the resort very closely. We actually considered changing our plans but because we had friends from another State meeting us there we elected to keep our booking and take our chances. Here are a few highlights of our 3 night experience. RESORT SUMMARY: The resort itself is very nice and could eventually be considered a luxury experience – but it is far from that at this time. Our main frustration is the actual management staff – do not expect any of your concerns or needs to be addressed – they will not be. You will be told that they will address your concerns and the typical “no worries”, but you are getting lip service all the way. The maids, bartenders and housekeeping personnel try very, very hard to deliver – we did not let our frustration with the actual management influence our tipping, which is always generous. ROYAL SERVICE: We paid for upgraded Royal Service – we did not have ANY of these services until our last night at the resort, and even then I can honestly say that only about 40% of the items and amenities listed under the “Royal” service were available or provided. We had turn-down service ONE night out of three and the “chocolate” left under your pillow is a Hershey miniature chocolate – like the kind given at Halloween. Considering that Mexico does have some excellent chocolate I kind of had higher expectations although I could really care less about that component of the Royal service, I am using this simply as an example of the comparison given when looking at the list of “Royal” amenities – I would definitely not recommend to upgrade and pay money for Royal service because it doesn’t exist. ROOMS: The first room that we had was 709 – no a/c working here at all. This room did not even have bathrobes or slippers, after major (and I mean major) conversation with the management we were finally moved to 803 – this room did have the robes and slippers but still no a/c. Upon our departure yesterday morning every room on our floor had a letter on the door from the management finally acknowledging that the a/c was down. This is not acceptable. Air conditioning in Mexico at a luxury priced resort is a necessity, not an upgrade. I am patient and understand that things move slower down there and hate to have issues on vacation, but I can honestly state that unless the a/c problems can get corrected this place will have major problems and I would not recommend the hotel. Which is a shame because the location is wonderful, the actual property is well situated on a nice stretch of beachfront and the potential to be outstanding is there – but the management is lacking in many regards. Also, if you need an alarm clock for any reason I would encourage you to bring one along as there are no in the rooms at this time. FOOD: The food was above average for an all-inclusive. I highly recommend Pelicanos, each meal that we had there was outstanding in all regards and I would rate the food product there as excellent. Beautiful presentation, good service and a beautiful view of the ocean. The beef filet at Pelicanos is particularly good. Spice (buffet) was only used for breakfast and was decent, although I couldn’t say it was in any way outstanding – the cook carving the ham acted like it is a nuisance to take your order. Pelicanos does have awesome chips/salsa/guacamole – not on the menu but just ask and your waiter will be happy to bring you a platter. The coffee bar in the lobby has nice mousse desserts and we would get two to go and a couple of glasses of champagne at the main bar and go up to our room in the evening, it was a nice experience if you could just stay out on the balcony, being in the actual room without a/c was very tough. We did not use room service so I couldn’t comment on that. We ate at Asiana one evening expecting an Asian experience but the menu was for Maria Marie’s, not sure what that was about but we had beautiful beef filet’s but thought the balance of the meal somewhat lacking. The 24 Hour snack bar had really great service and lots of good wine choices, and a nice selection of hot appetizers – the fried fish was especially good. Pelicanos was our favorite dining experience all in all. POOLS/BEACH: The pool is extensive and very well kept and clean although we noticed several cracked tiles already in the tanning pool area, probably due to the work being done so quickly. The beach was very disappointing because there is very little of it – the restrooms by the beach (under Pelicanos) are filthy and probably contaminated since it appears that liquid sewage is floating on the floor. We just dried off and used the hotel lobby restrooms instead of the beach area restrooms. Also, be very careful if you elect to walk or run on the beach – there are pieces of metal rebar in various locations sticking up and very hard to see. Each morning from our balcony we saw workers out there looking at it and trying to pull it up, but not much was removed while we were there. A guy we met in the elevator said that his friend had cut his foot while running this week – seeing it out there and knowing all that made us a little leery of using the beach area much, which was frustrating since this is a beachfront resort. At this point, I believe that if you are looking for a good experience for the money and wish to stay at this place, I HIGHLY suggest that you book at Gran Caribe next door and just ask to be upgraded – we wish we had gone that route instead of paying what we paid to stay here. I spoke with someone that was on our flight and had booked at Gran Caribe and ended up staying all 3 nights at The Royal Cancun – their trip was $700 less than ours because they were upgraded for free – big difference as far as I am concerned. I also think it very unfair and a poor management decision since people booking at the Royal and paying full price are not getting much in the line of service. If the management staff has a major attitude adjustment for the better and if the A/C system for the property is ever fully-operational this resort could be a great experience – but until those issues are addressed I would run the other way and save your money - there are too many other excellent choices in the area to settle for the deficiencies and aggravations found here."

Awesome

Reviewed 25th December 2012

"Just got back from The Royal. Fantastic time. The place is absolutely beautiful!! The rooms are incredible with beautiful views of the ocean, a fantastic shower, wonderful bed and nice decor. The pool is the nicest I saw on the strip! We were amazed how good the food was. EXCELLENT and excellent and friendly service. Yes there was some construction noise and yes some people complained about the air conditioning(ours was great), but the place is so elegant. It will be hard to get a good deal in the future. We took a walk to the Hyatt and Le Blanc. The Royal blows them away. Not even close."

• Travel date: 4th March 2007

Beautiful Hotel Loved it!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 26th December 2012

"Just wanted to let all readers know this was an amazing vacation. My husband and I stayed here from february 24th to March 3rd and had an amazing experience. Some of the reviews do not reflect the true reality of this hotel. The Royal Cancun is truely a 5 star or more. The accomodations, food and staff are absolutely amazing. The hotel is still under a little constructions but I can say we did not here a thing, day or night, you are treated like royalty at the Royal Cancun."

• Travel date: 3rd March 2007

Upgraded from the Caribe Real to the Royal

Reviewed 27th December 2012

"We arrived at the Gran Caribe Real Cancun on Sunday Feb. 18. The Caribe was overbooked and since none of the 14 in our party had children we were upgraded to the Royal next door. The Royal is the new property that is 95% finished. The Caribe seemed to be very crowded and the beaches pretty small. There were a ton of people and children around the pool. The restaurants are what you would expect with decent buffets and fast food type entrees. The Royal however is a completely different story. The rooms are huge with a giant glass shower with multiple shower heads. There was a hot tub in each of our suites and balconies that faced the Caribbean. The restaurants were very nice. It was difficult to find fast food type meals because all of the restaurants including the buffet are very nice. We ate at Pelicanos which is a sea side outdoor restaurant. The menu is very nice offering prime rib, rib eye, quail, duck, and lobster chowders. There is a Japanese show cooking restaurant, and a mexican restaurant that are all 5 to 7 course meal type settings. The Royal is very roomy with excellent service. We never had to wait for a drink at any of the bars and had waiters come to the pools and the beach to serve you. The atmosphere at the Royal is adults only and a little more relaxed. The Caribe has more of a crowded family feel to it. If you can get an upgrade to the Royal definately do it! I talked with a couple of people that actually paid around $400 to $600 to upgrade for a 7 day and they were glad they did! If you stay at the Royal you must eat at Pelicano's and ask for Andres and Enrique to serve you. They were absolutely awesome!! Tell them the Oklahoma bunch recommended them! Overall I would rate the Caribe about 3 stars and the Royal 5 stars. We have stayed at the Crowne Paradise and the Bahai Principe Riviera Maya. The Caribe is not as nice as either of these and the Royal is nicer than both. There is a webcam at www.allaboutcancun.com that is located on the Caribe side of the beach and does not do justice to the nice beach in front of the Royal."

• Travel date: 1st March 2007

Don't Waste Your Time

Reviewed 25th December 2012

"What a mistake choosing this hotel! ! ! We had 3 rooms in 3 days. No air conditioning, no hot water, no telephone service, unable to lock door. Not even a clock in the room (they said that they didn't order enough). Complaints to the hotel managers and staff members went unheard. They simply just didn't care once they got our money. Many, many other unhappy guests while we were there. If you want a room that is very noisey, DAY and NIGHT, this is it. Around the clock construction kept us from sleeping at night, sleeping late in the morning or even an afternoon nap. Filthy dirty rooms, lobby, pool areas and public restrooms (go into the restroom by the pool to see standing, stagnent sewage on the floor). This hotel is not yet complete and should not even be open yet. Best estimates are another 6-9 months of construction. If you want a more relaxing hotel, stay down the street at the Motel 6. Never again would we ever stay here again."

• Travel date: 28th February 2007

SENSATIONAL HOTEL - easily the best hotel in Cancun

Reviewed 27th December 2012

"This brand new hotel is by far the best hotel in Cancun and I will go into further detail below.We stayed 8th-20th February 2007. The Property: As you walk into the Lobby, you will see the beautiful architecture, the marble floors, the massive plasma screens. It is very impressive. There are 285 rooms all of them facing the Ocean, the only hotel in Cancun to offer this. Cleanliness: I have been to some of the best hotels in the world, and this hotel is definetly the cleanest hotel. They are constantly cleaning the hotel, there is NEVER any dirt anywhere in the hotel. They even have someone who cleans the leaves on the plants, we couldn't believe it when we saw this! Check In: We were greeted with a cold towel and a glass of champagne or bottle of water when we arrived. We asked to be upgraded to a Corner Suite, and they obliged with a smile on their face. We were given room on the 6th floor which had a fantastic view of the Ocean on one side and since the balcony was a corner one, we could also see the lagoon on the other side. We were shown to our room immediately. Room: We had a Royal OceanFront Corner Suite (all rooms are facing ocean). The room was easily the biggest room we have ever stayed in, (apart from our weedding night where we had a 2 floor suite). It was over 750 sq feet. I'll try my best to explain the actual room to you. The bedroom consisted of massive King size bed with beautiful drapes hanging over it. We had a choice of pillows waiting on the bed for us to choose from. In front of the bed was a stunning cleopatra chair. The beds all had brand new duvets. Apart from the table and 2 chairs which are standard in all rooms, we had a big one seat length sofa style chair which was on wheels that you could move in front of the TV and relax on it, with your legs stretched out. I wish I could take home this chair, it was unbelievably comfortable. The room had a massive 37" Samsung Plasma TV with a Bose stereo system and DVD player. We were also given GET READY a BRAND NEW IPOD NANO (if it's not there when you arrive you just need to call recepetion to send it up) that they plugged into our stereo system which was pre-loaded with 60's,70's,80's,90's, classical, latin and mexican music. We absolutely loved this, if only we could have taken this home! The room also has a massive 2 seater jacuzzi that faces the Ocean. Every day the maids would provide different smelling oils that were lit with a candle under that provided the room with beautiful sensual smells. There were also 3 massive candles on the Jacuzzi that could be used to set the mood. Just imagine yourself lying in the Jacuzzi with candles lit, overlooking over the Ocean listening to some soft romantic music on the Ipod Nano, nothing beats that! Bathroom: The bathroom had a massive shower unit that was probably 10 foot by 4 foot. On one side of the shower there was a massive shower head, and underneath it were 4 small shower heads, that wooshed water all over different parts of your body. In the middle of the shower there was a big bench for you to sit down if you wished. On the other side, was a handheld shower. It was very difficult to leave the shower, especialy as they provided you with Bvlgari accesories such as soap shampoo, conditioner etc.. They provided as much of these as you asked for. Minibar: Minibar was stocked daily with regular soft drinks such as Coke etc.. as well as beer and chocholate milk. There was also Potato chips, health bars, peanuts and chocholate bars. For those alcholics there were 4 big bottles on the side of the Mini Bar of Tequilla, Whisky, Vodka and 1 other drink. They were all top brand names. We also were provided with a normal coffee machine and and a Nespresso machine. They also brought us a basket of Fresh Fruit and bottle of Red wine during our visit. Room conclusion: Overall our room had everything, massive bed, amazing jacuzzi, huge shower and a great amount of space. Laptop size safe in room as well as plenty of cupboard space and even an ironing board. IPOD NANO made sure our room always had music playing. Restaurants: The hotel boasts 7 or 8 different restaurants. Breakfast was eaten either at Spice (buffet) or at Pelicano's (a la carte) by the pool overlooking the ocean. Both breakfasts were excellent, all types of pastries, eggs, waffles, pancakes, fruit, drinks etc.. Everything you can imagine they had. Lunch could be eaten in any of the restaurants apart from Marie Marie. Supper could be eaten anywhere. Spice: Here they offered buffet food for all meals, supper had different themes food was best here for breakfast. Pelicano's: Breakfast or lunch on the terrace outside, literally on top of the ocean. Lunch was very good, food was a la carte, a good choice of fish and meat dishes; they brought you whatever you wanted. (pizza not very good) Asiana: Sushi restaurant. Beuatiful decor, had chef cooking stations, where you could sit round and watch the chef cook your meal right in fron of you. The food here was excellent. The menu was extensive and had something for everyone. If you like seafood there was plenty to choose from, if you don't like seafood there was also plenty to choose from. We often chose sushi rolls that were not on the menu and the chef was happy to make them for us. Save some room for the dessert, the fried ice cream was to die for! Marie Marie: Italian, Mexican cooking (a la carte). Fantastic ambiance here with a band of authentic mexican singer playing and singing every night. Food and presentation like all the restaurants was 5*+. They would make you anything you asked for, even if its not on the menu. Tapas & Pinxos: Perfect place for a snack, really good choice of small little plates. You can full up very quickly by ordering about 5 or 6 of these dishes. Chef's Palate: There are about 10 smallish courses that they bring you to taste. Royal Coffee House: They have 5 or 6 new cakes every day to try, plus hot drinks. They also have a white and dark chocholate fondauts for you to dip strawberries in. (to die for!) 24hr VIP Lounge: As the title suggests open all day. 2 pool tables and 1 table tennis table. Food and drinks all day. Food was cakes in the morning, and fresh fruit and cheeses and meats. In the afternoon/evening there were choice of hot foods such as Scallops, fried chicken, fries, potatoe. I once asked the chef to make me fresh fish and chips and he was happy to oblige. There is a waiter there 24/7 so he will happily look after you. Drinks were all soft drinks, beer, champagne, wine, whisky, vodka ,tequilla. you name it they had it, all top brand. This was a great place to relax, meet up with other people and generally just chill out. Bars: There is a swim up bar in the pool and if you're not in the pool there are swing seats round the bar out of the water. In the hotel there is bar on the lobby that will happily serve you any drink you wish. Restaurant/Bar Conclusion: Overall as this is a all inclusive hotel, you are able to eat as much food as you want all day. The restaurants would happily serve you more than 1 main course if you just want try something out. There are NO limits to the amount of food you can eat and certainly no limits to the amount of alcoholic and soft drinks on offer all the time. Unlike many other hotels in Cancun that water down the cocktails and offer limited supply of top name brands, the Royal does NOT limit anything. Don't forget you can eat next door at the Gran Caribe, book early for there version of Marie Marie (very good) you can also eat in there sister hotels in Playa. Room service was not very good, i suspect this was because the hotel has only been open for a short period of time. Pool: Beautiful pool area, that had many sun loungers in the pool, comfortable chairs. You were able to get as many towels as you needed, no need to give towel vouchers, even though you are supplied with them. The other sun loungers are very comfortable, with a cushioned top to lie your head on. Music was played round the pool and there were sometimes live bands playing very chilled out music. The pool butlers would come round all day asking what drinks you want, you could order any cocktail you wished or if you prefer water, i prefered the cocktails. Just be careful when standing up after drinking cocktails all day! Spa: Didn't exist when were there. Building should be ready by end of March 07. You could still get a whole host of massages on the Gazebo outside or in the privacy of your room. They are not cheap! Gym: Brand new, had everything a new gym would need. Service; If you are not used to it, it can by quite unnerving, as the whole staff are over polite to you and would do anything for you. At breakfast if they saw me carring my OJ back to the table hey would take it out of my hand and carry it to the table for me. They were always so polite and so forthcoming with any info or help you needed, The same does not go for the sister hotel next door the Gran Caribe where the service is no-where near as good. The Royal is a kids free hotel and is a 5*, the Gran Caribe encourages kids and is at best a 4*. Location: You are in the perfect location.(15 mins from airport) You can pop on a bus outside the hotel to downtown to visit the great nightlife. Places to go: You have to go to Coco Bongo. it is a MUST. The shows are amazing in that place. Doors open 10.30pm, get there early. 10 minute walk from hotel. Excellent value. The bull fight on Wednesday afternoon is fun until they cruelly tease and then kill the bull, but before this they put on an excellent show. Xcaret - Nature park- stay till the show at 5pm-8pm it is amazing. Tulum - If you don't want to travel 3 hrs to Chitchen then Tulum at 1 1/2 hours is a good option as the ruins there are very interesting to visit. There are so many other trips and places to visit, something for everyone. Hotel conclusion: There is so much more that I could say about the hotel but i think you get the general conclusion. We visited all the other major hotels in Cancun, such as Le Blanc which is very nice but had tiny rooms, many not facing Ocean. This hotel is undoubtably the nicest hotel in Cancun. When the works will be finally finished in March it will be sensational. It has everything you are looking for in a hotel. 1. Beautiful decor 2. Amazing service 3. Cleanliness, sooo clean 4. Enormous rooms that come with everything you can imagine! 5. Fantastic ambience 6. Great variation of food (plenty for veggies as well) If you can afford it, you have to stay here. Seriously don't waste your money on th Hilton or Le Blanc or Riu. The Royal is by far the best."

• Travel date: 28th February 2007

Hotels near Hyatt Zilara Cancun

Top traveller tips for Hyatt Zilara Cancun

• by dolphin

"Come ready to kick back and relax"

Hyatt Zilara Cancun is also called