Beach view

Good
Good

Room lovely but

Reviewed 10th December 2016

"I brought family of 6 to this hotel, My son and his friend had blocked toilet pipes. They mended twice on third time they asked to change rooms to be told that they believed one of them had took the ball cock which caused the sewage to over flow on the floor. The manager was so rude and after much confrontation he agreed to change them which left my son and his friend feeling so bad they used the reception facilities as they felt so embarrassed. Food was ok not the best but sufficient choice. No tea and coffee in room, lots of alcohol in room but cheap stuff,. Coctails in hotels full of sugar, The staff really friendly and attentive and Thompson rep was brilliant. Entertainment OMG 1 hour entertainment that the guys from the swimming pool delivers. In the other entertainment room a sole woman singing from a Karioki machine, the beach is covered with sea weed no one cleaned it in out duration. Very basic manager no idea of customer service. AVOID AT ALL COST"

• Travel date: 5th November 2016

Terrible ant infested pool and beach area never cleaned -with syruo cocktails / cheap alcohol. No tropical fish and grass covered beech. No AC in restaurants hallway and elevator! The general manager puts it down to head office decision making!

Reviewed 16th August 2016

"Honestly this is not worth the money keep your 1750.00 pp or upgrade to a better hotel group. This hotel is not even a 3 star! The weather is the only plus side I can offer the sky is amazing. Rooms have been painted many times in this refurbishment! - balcony too small for two chairs. Pools and beach don't get serviced or cleaned. Drink cocktails as much as you like you won't get drunk but will overdose on sugar. Waiter (only 1) won't give you a smile either and he shut off the open bar on one side at the pizza rest to ensure one queue! Common parts have no AC and lifts have mirrors you can't see through because they don't get cleaned. Not pleasant going for dinner and a blow dry will cost £54.00. Food plates find a home everywhere! The entertainment room with one show a night from 10 to 11pm does have very cold AC and two bar staff! Shows were a sit and watch experience. The AC in the rooms leak. The themed restaurants are just more buffet so ... no celebration that you don't have to book a table! The Mexican and steak house you get served a main course. Steak is tough you won't go twice. Mexican mmmm! No special dining experience at all. Any excursion to find entertainment will cost 65 dollars! I complained to the general manager and he said we have wealthy guests who are badly behaved. On the lack of entertainment he said 'head office plan to do a disco in the future'. On the ants he said we don't have the staff due to cutback from head office. I could go on ... I'm writing this because it was so bad it's just not fair this hotel group had no desire to give you a special holiday experience. I'm still waiting 3 weeks after the holiday for a refund from club scuba for advanced Padi, because they don't have diving boats! Saddest of all there are no tropical fish just sea weed and grass 80% white sand 20% mixed with cigarette doubts and ants! "

• Travel date: 9th August 2016

What a great holiday at the Riu Caribe!!

Reviewed 7th March 2013

"I have just returned from a fab holiday at this hotel with my husband and daughter and I have to say we were blown away by this excellent hotel, which was very clean and well run. It has been quite newly renovated and it was spacious and modern - the lobby and its bars are fab, as are the drinks and cocktails you get there. The waiters are attentive and friendly, as are the bar staff and also the waiters in the dining hall at breakfast, lunch and dinner. The food was well cooked and varied, with great choices at each meal. You had to book for the restaurants - Mexican, Steak House and Thai, and at each one the food and service is terrific and well worth booking. The entertainment are fantastic and work hard to make sure everyone enjoys their holiday - Juan is great fun and friendly, Jessica and Adrian are excellent and good fun in the pool for Aquagym and Lobo is a terrific guy, a great dance teacher and great fun -that is to name a few - they all work hard and long hours, and their Comedy Show is very funny!! The rooms are very modern, as I said newly refurbished and the drinks optics and mini bar a great bonus and always topped up! Good job for me! I couldn't fault this holiday and we will definitely return next year - hope the same entertainment team are still there! Book it now for a fab holiday folks!"

• Travel date: 4th March 2013

Amazing Place

Reviewed 10th October 2012

"We just returned from our Honeymoon, 2 weeks in Riu Caribe. This was by far the best hotel either of us have stayed in. The staff could not do enough for you, from the cleaners to the entertainment staff. The whole place was always spotless. Food and drink were very varied and 24 hrs service. I would definitely reccomend this hotel, we're booking to go back next year."

• Travel date: 8th October 2012

riu caribe

Reviewed 5th December 2011

"just got back from 2 weeks in riu caribe cancun, the hotel is undergoing building work so there is some noise. you can also hear slight noise from the new riu hotel been built next door. however it didnt spoil my holiday and had just as much of an amazing times this time than previously. the food was nice in the buffet restaurant however the steak house was a no go again, the japanese was closed due to only 150 people in the whole hotel, so it was nice and relaxing no rushing to get round the pool or on the beach, entertainment staff was amazing as always and made some great friends. will deffo be going back next year. "

• Travel date: 30th November 2011

the riu caribe

Reviewed 17th June 2011

"we have just got back from the riu caribe the staff were amazing but the rooms were in very bad condition doors were broke taps didnt work the hotel is shutting down soon to be refurblished a new riu is being built right next door so a warning it is a building site although this didnt affect us"

• Travel date: 16th June 2011

brilliant holiday

Reviewed 16th February 2010

"just got back form riu caribe and all i can advise is stop dithering and get yourself out there. great hotel ,great staff, great food and great drinks !!!!!we loved every minute of it.dont miss the Michael Jackson tribute show, absolutely brilliant."

• Travel date: 12th February 2010

awesome

Reviewed 13th July 2009

"I read some of the reviews before i left and the bad ones made us feel a little apprehensive. however after visiting the riu caribe i now understand that the people who have written the bad reviews were the kind of people who were expecting a £5000 holiday for half the price (aka snobs!!) Our time at the Riu Caribe was absolutly fantastic! Firstly the hotel itself was beautifully layed out, the lobby was jaw dropping! it is set out like a jungle theme and really gives you the feel that you are in Mexico! Our reception was very warm, we were all sat down, given a free drink, room keys etc. (I just wish i knew that you get a free beach towel service after us packing 4 towels lol) the room was very nice, it was basic but pleasant (They all pretty much are basic in this part of the world unless you spend an unessasary fortune) there was a mini bar and spirit dispencer which was pretty cool!! The balcany was quite small but the veiws we had of the sea and the laguna were amazing! the beds werent the most comfortable but they did us fine and the double size beds were big enough for both of us and an extra person!! The resturants were fab the main buffet resturant was the only one you didnt have to book and for the others (steak house, asian and mexican) you did have to book (Booking opened at 7.30 but we were fine booking our seats at 9.30 every day!!) There was also a pizza bar by the beach where they made a pizza for you on order this was great and every day when we got there the bar man had already poured us a drink as he got to know our faces!! there were waiters on the beach and by the pool and these were great, yes the cups were small but in most hotels in this part of the world they are small! the pool was extreemly lively and the people providing the entertainment were also the people who provided the entertainment on the night (very hard workers!) and were very friendly!! The entertainment on the night wasn't the greatest but it never is where ever you go and yes you did have to walk back to the lobby after your drink (100yards!). They also do trips to the clubs, a different club every night, which gave us a lot of sence of security going with the hotel! I also did scuba diving through the hotel and the instuctor was fantastic and it was relatively cheap and they also let my girlfriend on the boat free of charge!! If your planning to do some of the trips there then make sure you see Chichen Itza this gives you a sight of real mexico and an introduction into the history of the mayas! Also the pirate ship is a great night with some fun surprises! Cancun was great and next time we visit the caribean we will definatly be looking to stop in a riu hotel!! "

• Travel date: 11th July 2009

What A Holiday

Reviewed 21st May 2009

"Reading all the bad reviews and I cant understand them at all the hotel was fantastic, we felt safe, looked after and very comfortable. We left money, mobiles and ipods out in the hotel room whilst we weren't there and the rooms were cleaned, mini bar topped up and nothing at all went missing.If you are concerned there is a safety deposit box. Also a comment said about there being no waiter on the beach and there's a large set of stairs to go to the bar to get your drinks, well there is some stairs... about 15. Now the staff are amazing, very happy people. Also the entertainment staff are the best but to enjoy it further you have to join in. The food is outstanding, alot to choose from and I have to seriously recommend the deep fried ice cream pudding from the shangrila restaurant. I cannot have one bad thing to say about the holiday or the hotel or the staff whatsoever and I have booked to go back June 2009."

• Travel date: 21st May 2009

Riu Caribe - The Best!!!

Reviewed 9th March 2009

"The perfect holiday.My wife and myself had the most fantastic holiday ever. It was our first long haul and we enjoyed it so much that we have booked again for next year.We made some very good friendly people from Canada,USA and England and hopefully will meet up again sometime. The food was very good in any of the resteraunts and the bar staff and entertainers were hard worked but always had a smile on their faces. The hotel lobby area just amazes you from the moment that you enter the hotel. Downtown Cancun is only 5 minutes away buy bus,which run 24 hours. Coco Bongo and Senior Frogs are a must to visit.The only regret was that we didnt swim with the dolphins but we will put that right the next time we visit. Ive read through a few reviews and the ones that say that the beds are hard must be having too many early nights because we couldnt get out of them. "

• Travel date: 9th March 2009

Riu Caribe Nov 08

Reviewed 19th December 2008

"I have got got home from a 2 week Holiday at the Riu Caribe Cancnun. Once we arrived at the hotel we got ushered into a room to collect our bands and keys etc not a very warm welcome for a start. The hotel overall was extremely clean and our rooms were cleaned to a very high standard every day. Towels and bedding were changed every day. The staff were lovely and couldn't do enough to help although the security guards were extremely strange but i will come to that in a bit! We had a room with 2 double beds in. Both bed bases were too small for the double mattress on top which was unacceptable. We complained but they had no where to move us. Food was amazing with a wide selection for all tastes. The 3 Restaurants you can book seperatley aren't worth the bother as they were not very nice! You will see this yourself as they are mostly empty, however the hotel drum it into your heads you need to book at 7.30am in the morning! Pointless! The entertainment in the evening is held in the theatre and ended most nights for 10pm. You then have to come to the lobby to finsh your drinks etc. I personally prefer the entertaiment to be somewhere you can sit down and relax with a drink and not keep moving from place to place. My mother-in-law woke one night to find a security guard in her room saying she had left door was open! Very strange for someone who definately locked the doors and checks them before going to bed. We believe the security had let themselves in. A couple of nights later after me and my partner had been in bed for a good 3 hours i woke to a knock at the door. When my partner answered it, it was a security guard patrolling the corridor. He said he was checking the room! Strange again as we had been asleep for 3 hours. The room has optics and a mini bar but no tea and coffee making facilties. No room service either so you have to go down for drinks/food etc! Not acceptable when your feeling under the weather! Overall i personally would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I was extremely disappointed after all we paid to stay there. Our holiday overall to Cancun was good but i am in no rush to return. Cancun caters for the Americans only. "

• Travel date: 19th December 2008

amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 18th December 2008

"I have just got home from a 2 week holiday with my boyfriend at the riu caribe, it was the best holiday of my life i am sure i did not visit the same hotel that these people are moaning about!!!!!!! The hotel was spotless people always cleaning day and night, staff was so helpful and could never do enough for you! nothing was to much for them. food was very good breakfast, lunch and dinner. The bars was always fun to be at as something would always be going on for example a singer or sports in the sports bar. The hotel put on a show every night, there was entertainers working long hours everyday getting people involved in all sorts of games. The entertainment team was so friendly always up for a laugh and a joke. The rooms was always spotless the maids cleaned our room everyday and was always friendly. The hotel went to a different club everynight which was very good as u paid in the hotel they provided free transport and vip area the the club. The hotel also has a spa which is very cheap, we both had massages and i had manicure and a pedicure. It was my birthday while we was on holiday and the hotel delivered a card and a fruit bowl to our room while we was out. Cancun itself is a beautiful country, while we was there we swan with dolphins, went to coco bongos the most amazing show i have ever seen. We both cant wait to go again!!! please make up your own mind about this hotel and dont judge it on other peoples reviews because u obviously cant please everyone!! "

• Travel date: 18th December 2008

Hotels near Hotel Riu Caribe

Top traveller tips for Hotel Riu Caribe

• "Ok if you get a 50% discount! "

• by Tracy R

"Join in the fun at the pool. "

• by gems

"go out with the entertainment team at night its cheaper and lots of fun"

• by Davgor

"Pirate ships are a great night out and you must go on the clubs trip."

Hotel Riu Caribe is also called

• Riu Caribe Hotel
  • riu caribe
  • gran caribe real cancun