Hotel Riu Caribe

Blvd. Kukulcan, Km 5.5, Lote 6-C Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500 Mexico

Good

Great place

"This hotel is awesome... Seriously, they spoil you so much here you won't want to stay anywhere else ever again... The place is beautiful too!"

• Travel date: Wed 8th of May 2002

you will LOVE it...if you just remember these tips

"You will have a GREAT TIME just remember these few tips before you go ....

1.) GO ALL INCLUSIVE , most (all inclusive hotels)in Cancun get confused using the Europen plan...this way there is no hassel .

2.) DON"T LET THE TIME SHARE PEOPLE BOTHER YOU . most all resorts in Cancun have these bothersome people. Just shoo them away and tell them you are NOT interested ( just take them with a grain of salt ).

3.) DON"T BELIEVE THE NOTE ABOUT A FREE GIFT .
Yes , it is another scam . Just throw the note away because it is a time share scam .

p.s. ) TIP YOUR WAITER OR WAITERESS AND HE/SHE WILL REMEMBER YOU .

rate of exchange is around 9.4 pesos = 1 US dollar...REMEMBER THIS BALL PARK FIGURE ( $1.00 = 10 pesos )and you will be close ."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of May 2002

Paradise!

"We recently stayed at the Gran Caribe on our honeymoon and had a wonderful time!! They really make you feel special. Upon arrival we found our bed had been made up with an arrangement of flowers in the shape of a heart. That same evening, we were treated to a complimentary bottle of wine in our room. Attention to detail at this resort cannot be overstated! The pool and beach are absolutely beautiful and the hotel itself is spotless. It seemed like they cleaned the whole place from top to bottom every day! And the entire staff was very nice and eager to please...especially the great bartenders! Thanks to everyone at the Gran Caribe for an unforgettable honeymoon!"

• Travel date: Sun 5th of May 2002

Great place to stay

"I recently returned from a weeks vacation at the Gran Caribe Real. I would definately recommend it to everyone. The place was beutiful and clean. The staff were friendly, polite, and catered to all of our needs. The sports/ entertainment staff were amazing and offered a variety of activities for all ages and interests. They also assisted us in deciding where to go to enjoy the Cancun nightlife. It was truly a relaxing and enjoyable vacation. I would definately return to Cancun and stay at the Gran Caribe."

• Travel date: Sat 27th of April 2002

Gran Caribe Exceeding Expectations

"This was about our 5th time in Cancun & this hotel provided such a great atmosphere one does not need to leave the hotel for a great time !
The staff was very accomodating, all of the food was great. Can't say enough about the beach &
variety of hotel activities. The price & all inclusive deal is well worth it !"

• Travel date: Thu 25th of April 2002

I love Cancun

"Cancun was awesome. Everything was way better than I have ever imagined. I want to thank Tomas and Rosemburg for being the best bar tenders at the hotel. You guys are the best.
It was a vacation I will never forget.
I love Cancun!!!

Carrie
Spencerport, New York"

• Travel date: Sun 21st of April 2002

Beautiful but terrible service

"The hotel was beautiful...and so were the men, however i was traveling in a large group of young people aged 17-19 and the hotel treated us like crap, they tried to mess around with us because we were students. We werent treated with respect, and were continually ignored and lied to. However, it may have been the fact that we were such a large group. The rooms and hotel were lovely, but servicewise, i felt that i paid too much money to be treated like an idiot."

• Travel date: Sun 31st of March 2002

Fantastic!

"We were here between 5th and 19th March 2002 and had a great time. Hotel, pool and beach are beautiful and the daytime activities excellent. Volleyball, soccer, ping-pong and aerobics everyday. Waiters and staff very good. Would recommend to everyone."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of March 2002

Great place

"We stayed at the Gran Caribe Mar 7-10, 2002. This was the third hotel I've stayed at in Cancun, and it was the best. The accommodations are great, the food is good, and the service is outstanding. The hotel pool, grounds, and beach are lovely. My husband and I would definitely stay there again."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of March 2002

Best Place in Cancun to stay!!

"My wife and I stayed here last April 2001, we did the all inclusive package. This was the first time we have been to Cancun. The Hotel was beautiful we had the time of our lives there. The People/Activity team where excellent(hey Victor!!).

The Food, Entertainment, Staff etc. was great and they really do go out of there way to make sure your having a great time!!

I would recommend this Hotel to everyone...My wife and I are going the the end of March 2002 again. This time we are bringing our kids."

• Travel date: Fri 8th of March 2002

Room lovely but

"I brought family of 6 to this hotel, My son and his friend had blocked toilet pipes. They mended twice on third time they asked to change rooms to be told that they believed one of them had took the ball cock which caused the sewage to over flow on the floor. The manager was so rude and after much confrontation he agreed to change them which left my son and his friend feeling so bad they used the reception facilities as they felt so embarrassed. Food was ok not the best but sufficient choice. No tea and coffee in room, lots of alcohol in room but cheap stuff,. Coctails in hotels full of sugar, The staff really friendly and attentive and Thompson rep was brilliant. Entertainment OMG 1 hour entertainment that the guys from the swimming pool delivers. In the other entertainment room a sole woman singing from a Karioki machine, the beach is covered with sea weed no one cleaned it in out duration. Very basic manager no idea of customer service. AVOID AT ALL COST"

• Travel date: Sat 5th of November 2016

Terrible ant infested pool and beach area never cleaned -with syruo cocktails / cheap alcohol. No tropical fish and grass covered beech. No AC in restaurants hallway and elevator! The general manager puts it down to head office decision making!

"Honestly this is not worth the money keep your 1750.00 pp or upgrade to a better hotel group. This hotel is not even a 3 star!

The weather is the only plus side I can offer the sky is amazing.

Rooms have been painted many times in this refurbishment! - balcony too small for two chairs.

Pools and beach don't get serviced or cleaned. Drink cocktails as much as you like you won't get drunk but will overdose on sugar. Waiter (only 1) won't give you a smile either and he shut off the open bar on one side at the pizza rest to ensure one queue!

Common parts have no AC and lifts have mirrors you can't see through because they don't get cleaned. Not pleasant going for dinner and a blow dry will cost £54.00.

Food plates find a home everywhere! The entertainment room with one show a night from 10 to 11pm does have very cold AC and two bar staff! Shows were a sit and watch experience.

The AC in the rooms leak.

The themed restaurants are just more buffet so ... no celebration that you don't have to book a table! The Mexican and steak house you get served a main course. Steak is tough you won't go twice. Mexican mmmm!

No special dining experience at all.

Any excursion to find entertainment will cost 65 dollars!

I complained to the general manager and he said we have wealthy guests who are badly behaved. On the lack of entertainment he said 'head office plan to do a disco in the future'. On the ants he said we don't have the staff due to cutback from head office.

I could go on ... I'm writing this because it was so bad it's just not fair this hotel group had no desire to give you a special holiday experience.

I'm still waiting 3 weeks after the holiday for a refund from club scuba for advanced Padi, because they don't have diving boats! Saddest of all there are no tropical fish just sea weed and grass 80% white sand 20% mixed with cigarette doubts and ants!

• Travel date: Tue 9th of August 2016

Hotels near Hotel Riu Caribe

Stayed at Hotel Riu Caribe? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hotel Riu Caribe

• Davgor by Davgor

"Pirate ships are a great night out and you must go on the clubs trip. "

• gems by gems

"go out with the entertainment team at night its cheaper and lots of fun "

• Tracy R by Tracy R

"Join in the fun at the pool. "

• "Ok if you get a 50% discount! "

Hotel Riu Caribe is also called