Front Hotel

great hospitality, perfect relaxation

Reviewed 19th October 2012

"I stayed at Casa Turquesa in mid May, 2004 for 5 days. Although my first impression of the hotel was not that great due to the renovation going on at the shopping center next door, the hotel itself was totally perfect. It was miraculous that one can enjoy such a total tranquillity in the middle of the huge 'resort' Cancun. Room was spacious, bed was very comfortable, jacuzzi at the balcony was something special to experience, and there was CD player & DVD player (+VCR as well). Needless to say, all the staff were friendly and professional at the same time. If you are looking for a very elegant and romantic way of spending your time, Casa Turquesa is just perfect."

• Travel date: 19th May 2004

Very Private

Reviewed 2nd December 2012

"Casa Turquesa is an older hotel that could use some renovation. When my husband and I first saw the front appearence of the hotel, my thoughts were "Oh gosh, this place is a hole in the wall". The tennis courts are in shambles, the work-out room is closed and all of the buildings leading up to the hotel are old and broken. But I must say, the hotel was a nice surprise. The inside and pool-side of the Casa Turquesa is clean and well-kept. The service from the people that work there is superior. The hotel is small and private giving us the feeling of being totally alone and relax during our stay. Their beach front property is the best I've seen...really beautiful. Their pool is nice, quiet and peaceful. The only thing I must warn about is their poor central air conditioning system. Thank goodness it was March and not too hot outside. I would not stay at this hotel during Jul-Aug because it would be too hot indoors. Would I stay there again??? Maybe during spring or fall...or after they upgrade their A/C. One last comment, not a place for kids. No children activity and art work displayed focuses on human nudities and sexuality."

• Travel date: 10th March 2004

This is a run-down musty hotel

Reviewed 2nd December 2012

"I felt compelled to write a review once I read all of the positive, glowing reports of his hotel, dump! I went with my husband and 2 year old son in October 2003. We drove up to the hotel and said, what are we in for? (We are used to nice hotels like the Ritz Carlton and Four Seasons. After reading about the hotel and the service, rooms, location...we thought that this was the place for us.) Anyhow, Cas aTurquesa is old and run down, probably has not been touched or updated in twenty years. We were shocked after looking at our prepaid room-yuck! My husband offered the person checking us in money to be upgraded to the Presidential Suite. He took it of course. The room was musty and old, but more acceptable than the previous choice. The "spa" on the balcony was a rusty old bath tub looking thing that I would never get go in to. The suite was huge, 2 floors. However, we were barely able to sleep the night for fear of what bugs would jump out. There were stains and cigarette burns on the rugs and furniture. We felt as though we were in a 70s time warp, with grey, pink and baby blue colors. The wood was warped and splintery. After spending some time at the beach we wanted to clean the sand off of our feet. The desinated area was shared with old brooms and dirty rags. The service is good, however, the bellman was the waiter, was the bartender, was the ....They had to open the restaraunt for us. No one else was staying at teh hotel at teh time. It was like a ghost town! After our one night stay, we moved to Le Meridien and loved it. There were other people, it was clean and modern. What a difference! Although our whole stay at Casa Turquesa was pre paid, we could not stay."

• Travel date: 6th March 2004

Incredible Service

Reviewed 16th December 2012

"Impeccable service and attention to detail. I have stayed here 1-3 times per year for the last 4 years. Meals? Forget the menu. Talk to the chef the night before the meal of your life, give him some ideas of what you want. He will then help you fashion a wonderful meal 100% your own. Then, the next morning, he will go to the appropriate local markets and get all the ingredients - fresh. He will then prepare the meal of your life tableside that night. The staff take pride in knowing you by name, not by room number. You are guests in their house. Want to party? Go party your rear end off in Cancun, then come back to the completely relaxing atmosphere of Casa Turquesa. Want a totally relaxing getaway? With a staff catering to your every need? Then you have found the place. Doug"

• Travel date: 3rd February 2004

Incredible comfort and service

Reviewed 4th December 2012

"My wife and I were enthralled with the Casa Turquesa. Needs were met immediately and happily by the staff, who were extremely knowledgeable about Cancun and the surrounding area. An incredible room with plenty of space to stretch out, and a great view of the ocean were just icing on the cake. It's also literally right next door to restaurants and a shopping mall, where you can get just about anything you could want. PS - While you're in Cancun, PLEASE take a day trip to Isla Mujeres! It is well worth the 45 minute ferry boat ride!"

• Travel date: 18th November 2003

Fabulous views

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"While we were the only guests during our stay, the service was never overbearing--just always accomodating. The views are incredible. And the fact that there are so few rooms mean that this is truly an oasis in an otherwise very busy resort area. We will definitely go back again."

• Travel date: 3rd November 2003

A delightful, hotel

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"Casa Turquesa is terrific, smaller property with an ideal location in the less congested area of the "hotel zone". For the younger crowd, a stay farther north on the beach may be preferred, but if you are looking for a more family oriented atmosphere away from the bar scene, it's hard to beat this one.In summer 2003 , the hotel is slated for a renovation of fabrics, beds, TV's, etc. The staff is welcoming and outgoing. Food at the hotel's dinner restaurant, "Celebrity", was inconsistent. Seafood is probably your safest bet.Breakfast overlooking the pool and ocean is always delightful.Rooms are very large, although"suites" they are not. The bathrooms are on a par with the Four Seasons for size, with extraordinarily large marble tubs and separate showers. With the exception of the rather unfortunate Home Depot-style plastic door on the shower, the bathroom is really five-star all-around.Room decor is attractive and should improve after this summer's work. Each room has polished marble floors, mini-bars, large balconies, and each balcony comes adorned with a jacuzzi that easily accomodates two comfortably. It's hard to beat the view of the ocean from the jacuzzi.All-in-all, we had a wonderful time. With some sprucing up, Casa Turquesa will truly be a first-rate hotel with all the feelings of home.Try "La Dolce Vita" while your there!"

• Travel date: 7th March 2003

great way to start the new year

Reviewed 4th December 2012

"Great place to go if you like privacy and individual service. We just came back from a seven night stay at Casa Tuquesa. The towels and bathrobes look tired and the rooms could use some updating however, the laid back atmosphere was just we were looking for. Each room comes with a hot tub on the patio which my family put to great use. The margaritas and the food were excellent. The location of this establishment was very good. The restaurant on site has an old feel to it but the food is good and there was a piano player in the evening. I would say this is a true retreat. There are newer higher end hotels on the cancun strip that we have stayed at but,I think we would return here first. The staff was very accomodating and that goes a long way in my house . This past week was very rough, we saw five people being rescued by the life guard at our hotel and the jet ski crew so, swim or float with caution."

• Travel date: 7th January 2003

Hotels near Hotel Casa Turquesa

Hotel Casa Turquesa is also called

• Casa Turquesa Hotel
  • casa turquesa tulum
  • casa turquesa hotel tulum