About Hard Rock Hotel Cancun

• infinity pool
  • butler service

Great place but DO NOT PURCHASE TIMESHARE

Reviewed Wed 11th of November 2015

"I purchased a timeshare in 1991.I enjoyed this timeshare up until the hurricanes years back. During the time of the "rebuilding" of Cancun Palace, I stayed for 2 years at the Moon Palace. Then once Cancun Palace was rebuilt, I went back one time. When I attempted to schedule the second time, I was told that because I didn't pay my maintenance fee during the years when I couldn't stay at the hotel they cancelled my remaining 6 years of my timeshare.
They offered me ONE more week and wanted me to sign off that I forfeited my timeshare. I refused to do this. In researching how to sue for my 6 remaining weeks over my 6 remaining years of timeshare I found that the agreement was written such that any challenge had to be done in the Dominican Republic....how convenient for them. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THESE PEOPLE. When you don't agree to upgrade, they find a way to get out of their part of the deal.

Those two years they were closed, I traded with the same World Travelers Club and purchased at the Moon Palace instead of the Cancun Palace. I was of the understanding that my maintenance fee (which was very low compared to the new plans) was a part of this charge - as it had always been with the CP.

What crooks they are at World Travelers Club!"

• Travel date: Sat 7th of November 2015

We would recommend this hotel to everyon...

Reviewed Wed 1st of December 2004

"We would recommend this hotel to everyone, however, there didn’t seem a lot to do for children. All the staff are extremely friendly, helpful and honest. We stupidly left our camera in the lobby bar one night, which we didn’t realise until the next day. It had been handed in at lost property by one of the bar staff. The hotel is also kept absolutely spotless the whole time.

There are three restaurants on site. The food is very good and there is a great range, however, in the buffet restaurant it can get a bit repetitive after two weeks.

• Travel date: Wed 1st of December 2004

Great Food/Service...Party Atmosphere!!

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"Wow, it was amazing!! The service was wonderful & the food was great. I thought maybe I'd get sick from drinking water in Mexico, but all the water at the hotel was filtered and tasted fine. It seemed like the drinks weren't as strong alcoholwise, but it's all-inclusive so drink it up. You've got to try the fudge cake...delicious!! They grill steaks too. I went their for my honeymoon, but I would definately return with my friends. It's more of a party resort than romantic resort. They've got a putt-putt course in front as well as tennis courts..and it's only a short hop to downtown. Watchout for the marble floors, I about busted my tail in the elevator. You can't loose with the view either, oceanview or lagoon view, beautiful sunrise or beautiful sunset. The staff was very friendly and was bilingual, It's amazing...they even place the napkin in your lap when you eat. The service is second to none. I didn't have any problems with the resort at all. The make you leave your luggage at the door & I thought maybe it was going to be ripped off...but they've got their own system & your stuff gets to your room about 30min after check out.The cancun airport arrival area was horrible, there's no A/C air and everyone is crapped like cattle through a series of ropes. It stinks too...I think the runway has a bunch of potholes in it...because the plane was rough flying in. If you fly American Airlines....there's a guy on the regular flight who's really rude...You have to have a pen to fill out a form to visit the county and guy told me I should of rememeber to bring one..at first I thought he was joking..but quickly realized he was an "A-hole" so watch out for him, 8 people around us all shared the same pen. Real great service...In light of 9-11 I opted to remain silent instead of tell him what I really thought...Enjoy the palace..I'd go back in a heart-beat.Garrett"

• Travel date: Sun 16th of March 2003

The best!

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"This is the perfect spot for just about anyone! My husband & I went for our honeymoon last June. Everything was fantastic, especially the fact that being all-inclusive, you don't have to worry about anything! I traveled back to Cancun again last week and will only stay at the Cancun Palace again and go all-inclusive. The hotel I stayed at last week, the Camino Real, was nice but nothing like Cancun Palace, plus it was not all inclusive and I think that makes all the diffence in the world! Plus, compared to the action always going on at CP, the CR was dead, especially at night. No free shows to watch or anything like the CP! My best friend is staying there on her honeymoon in July!"

• Travel date: Sun 9th of March 2003

Stayed In Cancun Palace!

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"Just got back from Cancun. Three of us stayed at Cancun Palace the beach was just great. This was all inclusive and a Jacuzzi outside on a deck. That was my favorite thing about the room. This was my 5th time in Cancun and I still would return. We went to Tulem and that was something to see and you don't need much time there but there was a beach there. I also went to a all day Spa with the Spa Palace its expensive but worth every penny. That was the 2nd time I used the Spa. And I will return and do it agan. Back to the Cancun Palace the all inclusive is great if your going to spend alot of time in the pool and on the beach. Im a bottle beer drinker and all they have is tap beer. The mix drink are limited only a few to chose from. The food was great. But myself I wish they would have had more Mexican food. The shopping was fun in the fle markets for a little while afer a day you get sick of it. Make sure you check out prices in your holtel and Malls befor you go to market. What ever price they say go 75 per cent lower. And if your visiting Isla Mujeres buy your silver chains there in the air conditoned Silver factory. Chain necklet are 9.00dollars and up and its silver on the street you don't what your getting and they rip you off. There is so much to do there you can only have fun and stay busy or just relax!"

• Travel date: Thu 6th of March 2003

Fabulous Valentines!

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"We stole away for Valentines Day and had the best trip of our life. The Cancun Palace had great food, great service and great drinks. There were few 'kids' on springbreak. No crazy parties, just loads of fun and great weather. We spoke to many people waiting in the airport and none were as thrilled as we were. They all called their places 'adequate or mediocre'. Go to the CANCUN palace and ask to Enrico (he is in charge of all the food and beverage staff and he is remarkable). Don't forget to tip your servers. they make a pitance. Have a great time...."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of February 2003

Best vacation ever

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"We just returned from Cancun Palace and I can't begin to tell you what a wonderful time my husband and I had. The beach is so beautiful and the sand never gets hot. The food was good and plentiful. We were quite impressed with the cleaning staff. Everytime you turned around these people were cleaning. Everyone at the palace was very polite. The time share over to moon palace was the only down fall. In less your ready to take 2 hours of your precious time over there and listen to a sales pitch for a time share it's not worth going. The weather was perfect and such a treat from the stinkin weather in Ohio. Anyway I would definately go back. I would highly recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: Fri 14th of February 2003

Cancun Palace is Fabulous!

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"We just returned from a 5 night stay at Cancun Palace. (Feb 3-8) There were five people in our group ranging from a married couple, a dating couple and a single guy. We are in our late twenties. Each of us had an excellent time!!Wow!! Cancun Palace was more than we expected!! The rooms were clean and bright. The maid service was incredible. We even left our safety deposit box open with our money, passports and credit cards in it, while our rooms were cleaned, and absolutely nothing was missing. The food was delicious. We loved when they grilled out steaks, hamburgers and hot dogs for lunch and dinner. The restaurant, where reservations were required, was just average. Even though they did serve shrimp, ostrich steaks and filet mignon. The ala carte restaurant was pretty much the same food as outside. Needless to say, there is an abundant amount of excellent food. The entire staff is friendly and helpful. (The entertainment staff could use a little training). You can not beat the beach at Cancun Palace. It is the best I have seen! This was our fourth visit to Cancun. We have stayed at Melia Turquesa, Gran Caribe Real and Moon Palace. Every one of these hotels are fantastic. But, this was our best trip so far. Of course, the Moon Palace towers over Cancun Palace based on facilities and amenities. But, if you would like to go to the bars, shopping malls and activities on the hotel strip-Cancun Palace is more convenient. (If you do not care about going to the bars, etc. or a fantastic beach, I would highly recommend staying at the Moon Palace. It is breathtaking!!) We visited Sun Palace and Beach Palace, but the grounds of Cancun Palace were much nicer, bigger and had a better layout. We were extremely happy with our choice."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of February 2003

Spring Breakers....this is the place to be!

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"First of all let me just give you a hint. If you are going to Spring break, go to Cancun....if you are going to Cancun, stay at the Cancun Palace. If its a party you want, they give it to you! I went to Cancun for Spring Break 2002 and stayed 7 nights there...unreal. Our trip began as soon as we got off the plane in Mexico, when you step out of the airport there are about 20 people running around shoving Corona's in your face...thats what I'm talking about! Its a short drive to all the resorts (10 mins tops) and you are allowed to drink in the transport vehicles down there (ie. cabs, buses, and yes...the vans from the airport). When you leave the airport, along the way, you will come right up the coast and reality will set in...you are in Cancun. Crystal clear blue water, unbelievable beaches, that ice cold Corona in your hand I spoke of earlier, and the girls...ahhh the girls. (And guys...sorry ladies). When you get to the resort, not that I would have minded sleeping on the beach every night, the first thing you will notice is that everything about it is gorgeous...in my opinion it was one of the most eye-pleasing resorts in Cancun. You pull up and the employees of the resort flock to you. They are very helpful and pleasant. Now mind you, its all about the money so dont forget to tip...everyone! It pays off...trust me, I'll explain in a bit. 1 dollar (U.S.) is not much to us, but to them you are very generous. If you have the money...throw some bigger bills at them and they will think you are a god. It doesnt take long at all and you are up to your room. The rooms there are imaculate...clean, spacious, and the views are gorgeous. We booked our trip a week in advance so all we could get was a run of the mill house room, but we did get to visit some of the suites and they are outstanding. If we could have....def. would have gotten a suite (hint hint). As you wander around you get to see what I mean by "if you want a party, they will give it to you". Let me back up for a sec. Whatever traINCLUSIVE package!!! What this is, is a special wristband that they give you so when you go to any of the 9 bars, 4 restaurants or want to order room service......guess what.....ITS FREE!!!! Whenever you want. Example: say you order 8 Bloody Marys with the 4 plates of food you ate for breakfast...free. 20 beers for your liquid lunch...free. And to top it all off, 12 specialty mixed drinks with your BBQ dinner out back in the pool bar......FREE!!! Got me? Good. OH! But since everything is free, dont be scared to tip a good amount...think back to what I said earlier. Now for the activities. There are so many things to do there it isnt even funny...jet ski's, para-sailing, kareoki, bars, dancing, bars, the pool, the swim-up pool bar, the beach...oh yeah, and the 2 bars on the beach. There are roughly 9 bars that we found...possibly more, 4 restaurants, a gym, pool hall, hair salon for the ladies...tons of things. Also, with your ALL-INCLUSIVE package you should get a few free tours...we chose they snorkeling (highly recomended) and the bar hopping tour (even more highly recomended!). It consists of be picked up at your resort by a double-decker bus with people from many other resorts and being choufferd around to 4 different bars. Once again...all of it, free. It was probably the funnest night we had there basically because as you ride around in this huge bus that looks like a frog (the bus is the property of the bar "Senor Frog's")...your tour guides pour shots of tequila down your throat and tie up balloons in the shape of certain parts of the anatomy and stick them on your head. Its great. There is nothing quite like being on top of a bus, at 4AM, blitzed out of your mind, with a huge......yeah, on your head! I'm gonna rap this thing up now...but I wanted to end with story I was gonna tell you. The last night we were going to be there was a Sat. night so we planned on livin' it up. Turns out...it was the night before the Mexican Presidential election and Mexican law states that no alcohol can be served after 12PM the day before till 12PM the day after the election. Bummer right? Kinda...thats only for bars and clubs outside the resorts. Resorts can still serve...but only until midnight. Bummer...being on Spring break and only being able to party till midnight the night before you leave this tropical paradise? WRONG! You see my friends, one of the bartenders that we had been tipping very heavily because he was so cool...mixing our drinks nicely, and teaching us dirty spanish words and phrases....turns out is also the night manager of the hotel...CHA-CHING! Being that we were now such good friends with him, and that he understood our plight, he very graciously turned up the music and kept the bar open for another 4hrs. Thank you Miguel. He didnt have to do this, it was against the law...but he did because that is the type of people you will find there. They are there for you, they want you to have a great time, they want you to come back...which is exactly what I'll be doing this SB 2003. See you there! If you have any questions, comments, or would just like to hear more stories of the pandimonium e-mail me at [email protected] or IM me on AIM, screen name is ArmaDANno."

• Travel date: Wed 5th of February 2003

Cancun Palace was so wonderful, why try anywhere else?

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"The only thing that went wrong in our vacation to the Cancun Palace was our return flight was delayed. We had to stay an extra night! In an upgraded suite none the less!! We were hoping for a more delays. :-)

My husband and I are 40ish. Our son was with us also. He was 14. We are planning this year's vacations and we asked our son what he would like to do. He wants to go back to Cancun and stay at the Cancun Palace.

Food, cleanliness, all services, all staff, bars, views... every single aspect of this facility was absolutely wonderful. The staff will ask if you speak Spanish. We don't. They would switch right over to English. We had fun all week learning bits of the Spanish language.

The best foods I have ever enjoyed on a vacation. It makes cruise ship food look like a fast food chain. Most enjoyable is dinner. I loved eating out on the patio, overlooking the beach area and having such a good selection of food. Grilled steak, shrimp, ribs, chicken, a couple of nights lobster! We got more than our money's worth in food and beverages.

Food and bar locations are convenient no matter what area of the resort you are on.

The 8 days we were there we did not have a single bad experience. I don't want to risk staying anywhere else. I can't imagine anywhere being better."

• Travel date: Thu 30th of January 2003

Mexico Rules!

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"My husband and I enjoyed Cancun thoroughly. The hotel was pretty nice. I think it need a little bit of work, especially the rooms should be renovated. Unless you enjoy sitting in a jacuzzi full of cold water, dont take rooms with jacuzzis.
We especially enjoyed the sightseeing. We went to Chichen Itza, Tulum, Coba and Xcaret - loved each one of them.
It is a good hotel to go with families, but I went on vacation to rest and it was difficult with the kids and teenagers everywhere. Also, it was hard to find any lounge chairs free if you got up too late.
Overall, I enjoyed Cancun and Mexico. We are planning to visit Riviera Maya next time."

• Travel date: Thu 16th of January 2003

Hotels near Hard Rock Hotel Cancun

Top traveller tips for Hard Rock Hotel Cancun

• Shannon R by Shannon R

"Enjoy the fantastic resort but DO NOT PURCHASE A TIMESHARE. You can get better deals simply buying by the week as you need it. "

Hard Rock Hotel Cancun is also called