fanbloodytastic

Reviewed Mon 9th of September 2013

"Brilliant holiday, felt like a princess and my husband a prince as they couldn't do enough for us, rooms fab, everything you needed in room, even a big iron and ironing board which I was very impressed with, hair dryer looked little but it was really powerful, even gave you shampoo and conditioner , didn't have to use our towels on beach as they give you one everyday. the food was amazing, if I had to pick a fault and this is a very little one I'd say they didn't have any umbrellas 2 sit under. but that's only if I had to pick a fault. the staff was very very helpful, I loved this holiday so much I want to come back now . thank you so much "

• Travel date: Sun 8th of September 2013

Absolutely lovely

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"Lovely place,we went with 16yr old & 20 month old. We ended up having to spend most of our time in the actual hotel due to me having to go into hospital so I was thankful the place was so great.i couldn't eat much & the staff went out of their way to cook me anything I wanted,even if it wasn't on the menu,bar & grill were excellent. My little boy had an accident in his cot and gashed his mouth & the first aider was there immediately & the staff always asked after him. People rang our room to check on us knowing i was poorly & my son had an accident,what more could you ask for??
Poos:He loved the pirate ship & kiddie area. My older daughter loved the water slides,most adults stayed at the other pool,so the pirate side was best for us. Kids played but it wasnt noisy and was nice and relaxing. ALways plenty of beds,sheltered or not. The hotel throughout was clean and they looked after the place well,painting & updating things as we were there. Pools were clean and staff were all polite & friendly. I'm going back,more because I know there was so much more I could have done had i not been so poorly (nothing holiday related by the way) as for the beach,totally beautiful and you were still looked after here,with choice of beds with or without shelter & bar service at your bed,totally relaxing. Lots of activities to do and we even got to release baby turtles into the sea at night,my little boy called him Nemo! Great experience for everyone of any age. A must go place!! We will go back when I'm better & my twins have been born,I definitely won't be sick then.! Enjoy!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 19th of November 2012

Fantastic holiday and wedding

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"Just spent two weeks I paradise the hotel was great in a good location right next to the beach our daughter got married on the beach it was perfect We would like to thank all the staff for the excellent service especially misael who worked in albatross restaurant he made us feel very welcome keep up the good work mate. Also like to thank isreal on front desk he upgraded our rooms for us got a great deal from him. He sent flowers and champagne to our daughters room he also decorated their room for their wedding night. The entertainment was fantastic round the pool everything for everyone. id like to thank all the team from the albatross restaurant captain idelfonso,chef ramiro,Hector,staff Oliver,roberto,Ruben,ignasio,Bart,Larissa,hiparto and a big thanks to misael great guy."

• Travel date: Thu 1st of November 2012

Fantastic Holiday

Reviewed Wed 6th of July 2011

"Having noticed a negative review I was shocked into writing one myself. Fantastic hotel, food and staff. Nothing was too much trouble for them. I find it so difficult to understand how anyone can complain about the hotel or the food. There was so much choice you could never get bored. You could have buffet or be waited on in 3 different restaurants. Would reccommend anyone to go there. "

• Travel date: Tue 5th of July 2011

First Class Holiday

Reviewed Mon 8th of November 2010

"Just returned from Cancun, stayed in the Gran Caribe Real Hotel, beautiful hotel in a good location. The staff were very polite and friendly, the service in the restaurants and the bars was excellant. The food in Marias Restaurant and the Sunset Grill Restaurant was five star dining as well as the service.
Pool area was ok, the beach was superb and the sea was good if not a little rough at times. We even got the chance to release baby Turtles in to the sea on three seperate occasions. The hotel was spotless as were the rooms, the toilets and all the other areas of the complex.
Would not hesitate in going back to this hotel, good value for money."

• Travel date: Sat 6th of November 2010

Amazing Stay in the Gran Caribe Real

Reviewed Fri 31st of October 2008

"Myself and 3 other friends stayed at the Gran Caribe Real Suites in October 2008 and had the most amazing holiday.

The hotel is first class! Every member of staff, from the waiters/waitresses, bar staff, cleaners, receptionists and Entertainment staff especially were sooooooo helpful and exceptional at their roles.

I have heard and seen some poor reviews with regards to the food at this hotel and have to admit I do not agree with any of them. The food was always freshly cooked, there was great variety and it was highly enjoyable. The snacks during the day at the poolside were amazing again all freshly cooked (I highly recommend the pizzas)

The Entertainment Staff were fantastic and really made our stay at the hotel all the better. As a group of mid-twenty somethings girls looking for some good fun during the day and at night time, these guys (Gama, Bierly, Danny, Alonso & Jair) couldn't have done any more to ensure we had the best time.

The location and views were amazing. We were so close to the main amenities whether it be the nightclubs or the massive FABULOUS shopping centres.

I would recommend this accommodation to anyone and am returning in February and August. GO GO GO!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 31st of October 2008

Hey guys thought id leave my opinion as...

Reviewed Sat 20th of September 2008

"Hey guys thought id leave my opinion as i read quite a few before i went away which seem a bit far fetched. We arrived at our hotel and it looked amazing. Staff were extremely friendly.... all looked well.
First thing, the room. Dont believe what they tell you in the brochure. We thought we were booking luxury when infact the junior suite is the basic room. Dont get me wrong it was fine, double bed as promised, fridge wasnt the best but ok.
Be careful especially if your coming from the UK as mexico only allow approx 110volts for electricals, we got caught out with this. Things like our hair straighteners, toothbrush chargers etc wouldnt work at all. However, we complained and they found us a room they would work in.
Hotel overall was great, the food wasnt so good, both my friend and i were ill most days so ended up eating in McD's.
I have to credit the entertainment staff.. Gama, Miguel & the rest of the boys were fantastic, they made our holiday.
Last but not least, the location was exellent, bars & clubs were only a few minutes away as were everything else you need. Amazing view of both the Lagoon and the Beach... the Beach wow beautiful.
I loved cancun so much ive already booked to go back next April and ive only been home 2 weeks. People are amazing god bless them. Sadly i wont be staying the the Gran Caribe, the food was to much of a let down.
Hope this review helps as i know i was very scared about going before i went as i had heard so many horror stories! Its not true trust me, what an amazing exprience.

• Travel date: Sat 20th of September 2008

Stayed 3 nights Nov 17 2004. The constr...

Reviewed Mon 1st of November 2004

"Stayed 3 nights Nov 17 2004. The construction is almost complete so not to worry about it. The food was typical for a Mexican all inclusive, so try for reservations at the Italian restaurant for dinners. Stay in the tower, not the villas, and try to get a floor as high as possible. Our room was fantastic and was very clean with everything working properly. We will go back there this spring."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of November 2004

Continental Plaza Cancun: A Complete Horror

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"Me and 4(four) of my girlfriends went to Cancun July 17,2002 for a week of relaxation and fun. Travel Impressions advertised the Continental Plaza as a Superior Hotel to our travel agent. In no way was this hotel a Superior....it was a STANDARD and that is a big difference from what is advertised. When we arrived at the front desk, the concierge was extremely rude and vulgar toward us. He cursed us and yelled at us and completely humiliated us and we had just arrived....We had to wait 5 hours for our room which was filthy, infested with roaches (in our sheets) and the air conditioning was not working. They refused to upgrade us or even change our room to something cleaner. The food was terrible and when we asked the front desk to make a phone call to Pizza Hut, he demanded $3.00 from us for a short local call. We were not allowed to place any calls until we paid him...The trip was not relaxing it was stressful and I and my friends WOULD NEVER EVER RECCOMMEND THIS DIVE to anyone looking for a nice place to stay... GOOD LUCK in planning a trip..next time we will stay at the HYATT CANCUN...that is definetly worth the money and time."

• Travel date: Mon 5th of August 2002

Excellent Staff

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"Just came back from Cancun, stayed at the Continental Plaza, I have to say what a great place. Since arrival to the hotel the staff was very friendly and very helpful.Any question we had they were more than happy to answer it. The food was good and also since we were a guest of Continental Plaza we were also able to go to Sierra cancun at no extra cost, so were partyed at two places for the price of one, what a great deal. The room was excellent, the package we had , had a lagoon view, we upgraded to a ocean view for Free, thats right for Free, we just gave a little donation of $20 at check in, what a great deal.

Overall the Staff was excellent in all ways, they treated us wonderful and the hotel was also clean and impressive."

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of August 2002

Great hotel for the price.......

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"My wife and I recently stayed at this hotel, and although it wasn't the greatest hotel, it was definitely a lot cheaper than most other resorts in the area.
We did eat out a few times, but we only spent about $900 per person for the week, so we had extra money for those types of things.
I definitely think you get what you pay for at this hotel. If you can spend the extra money, go for it!"

• Travel date: Sun 21st of July 2002

honest reveiw of cont plaza cancun/worst vacation ever

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"We recently purchased a vacation package ( all inclusive) through Apple vacations, the price was 750.00 us dollars per person. Thought this was a reasonable amount and was very much looking forward to our vacation at the continental plaza. The travel agent assured us that this was a 4.5 star hotel and that this vacation would be excellent, with that having been said, let me tell you this vacation was no where near excellent. This was absolutely the longest 7 days of our lives. The service was deplorable and was the worst I have ever had. Everytime we asked for something our needs could not be met. For example, I wanted a coke at breakfast and was told no cokes until 11am, I explained to the waiter that he was mistaken that this was all inclusive and if I wanted a coke I should be able to get one, but to the contrary NO was the answer..and this was the theme for the entire week, NO...this all inclusive included bad service and bad food, which leads us to how b!
ad!
the food was, it was disgusting. There is no way one could expect to eat this food for 3 meals a day for 7 days. Breakfast could almost be chocked down because they cooked an omlet in front of you and the fruit was pretty good. As for lunch and dinner you can forget trying to enjoy that food. We had to eat out almost all the time other than breakfast, so we had to spend our entertainment money on food, which we were supposed to have already paid for with the all inclusive option. So in all reality we didnt save money staying at the continental plaza for $750 per person. We would have been better off spending a little more money to stay at a REPUTABLE hotel. To move on, the hotel room was also a big dissapointment. The size of the room was excellent for two people, however,thats about all you can say thats good about this hotel. The air conditioner did not work at all, or very little the whole time we were there. We complained about it daily, but to no avail. We were told we could change rooms to a better air conditioner for 45 extra dollars per night. The room was very moist and musty, reeked of mildew and mold. Both of us got sick from the mold and mildew. If the aformentioned information doesnt convince you to go to another hotel, then bring several candles to burn to kill the smell, otherwise it will be unbearable. Glade brand hawaiian breeze candles work quite well. As I see the reviews that state the continental plaza is excellent I can not help but think that someone affiliated with this hotel is posting bogus reviews because we did not talk to any other guests that was happy with this hotel. We asked a lot of people just to see if they were experiencing the same problems we were. It was almost a joke among those of us who were staying there, to ask the question, do you like this hotel? NO ONE we spoke to was happy with the accomidations. We are taking this time to write this review to help other would be vacationers, or victims in this case from being ripped off. Book your vacations at continental plaza at your own risk. I can guarantee you that if the hotel called me tomorrow and told me I had won a week there all expense paid for free, I would have to decline."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of July 2002

Hotels near Gran Caribe Resort

Top traveller tips for Gran Caribe Resort

• Pete and Phyllis from Cumbria by Pete and Phyllis from Cumbria

"Very clean resort and very friendly people. "

• flora by flora

"Go on the speed boat / snorkelling trip "

• JenniferT by JenniferT

"If you decide to upgrade go see isreal on front desk you'll get a good deal from him "

Gran Caribe Resort is also called