GR Solaris Cancun

Boulevard Kukulkan Lote 59 2 Etapa Fase 2, Section A, Cancun 77500 Mexico

Loved the GR Absolutely Excellent

"Myself and my wife were booked for the Royal Solaris from 3/04/05 to 3/10/05 and were moved to the GR Solaris.All I could say is that our stay was wonderful,the staff was great,service was excellent and the room and the grounds were kept very clean. Now mind you i was very nervous going there because I read after paying for my trip that people had problems with over booking and being moved to lesser quaility resorts.Well I'm happy to say that I highly recommend the GR Solaris and hope your stay was as super as ours."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of March 2005

A great hotel

"My girlfriend and I just returned from this hotel and we both loved it. We first went down thinking that we were staying at the Royal Solaris but when we arrived we were told that we had been upgraded to the Grand Solaris. This was indeed a plesant suprise and the Grand Solaris was a relatively new hotel, it had been open for a little over 2 months. The entertainment staff was great and very friendly. They provided several poolside activities during the day including shot making classes, dance lessons, and bingo. The bartenders were also friendly and always made very good drinks. As for the posts about five ounce cups we did not expirence that, in fact the cups were the same size you would expect to get at any bar in the states. Marco Polo's restaraunt was also very good the food and atmosphere were both excellent but my only complaint was that they followed the rule of plate presentation over portion size. The staff was very creative with the towels and napkins making different designs out of each. Their live entertainment was very good. Overall my only complaint about the hotel was that the bathroom doors were very squeeky and needed to be oiled the creeking could be heard from the floor above and woke us up a few times. All in all this hotel was more than worth what we paid and we would go back if given the chance."

Best vacation ever..... March 2-9, 2005

"Of the 5 trips to Cancun that I have been on, none compared to this years.
The Grand Solaris is an amazing resort. The staff was phenominal, the activities were fun, the food was spectacular and the rooms were beautiful. There was always something going on during the day time and night time. I found the facilities to be spotless and there were people always cleaning. On top of the great facilties, the management was very accomodating to our requests and questions. The entertainment staff was nothing short of amazing. Not only did they have lots of activities during the day, but they came out to the nightclubs with us at night time, providing transportation and tables at the bars.
Since it was finished being built in December of 2004, the construction has now ended. We had no noise or any of the other complaints people have posted on here.
I see no reason to go anywhere else.

I give this resort a 10 out of 10."

Best vacation ever!!

"We just returned from a 7 day stay at the Gr Solaris on March 8th, this was truly the best hotel my family and I have ever stayed at!! We have 4 children, and they gave us adjoining rooms (which we had requested) and our room was a corner unit, with an incredible view of the ocean, and the other side of the pool.

Everything was spotless, the staff was very friendly, and fun! The kids loved the kids club, Myrna and Cecilia were so sweet, and the kids fell in love with them!!

The pools were heated, and clean. The food was absolutely delicious!! A great variety, never got bored with the food, we could of easily stayed another week, and enjoyed every meal. The dinner shows were fun, and the kids enjoyed them. The wait staff, waited on us hand and foot..unbelievable service!!

The hotel does have internet access now, usually you had to wait a few minutes..lots of teenagers busy IMing.

The drinks were plenty big, and we never had to wait long to get one..our refrigerator was re-stocked everyday with plenty of soda, and Corona, and bottled water.

We will defintelt be back...can't wait for our next trip back."

Some good, some bad

Good

"We were pleased with this hotel overall.
the first thing you need to know is that the timeshare people are very annoying and very persistant, they are hotel employees and you cannot avoid them. they give you info about the hotel (restaurants, maps and hours of operation) --if you are not interested, say so right away. and don't be nice about it , they will call your room until you cave--be firm and just tell them , no please leave me alone to my vacation. if you do go on the time share, they reimburse you for your time, i.e. -give you a free tour to xel-ha/tulum or another tour. so it might be worth it for you. The second thing is do not eat the salad- they wash it in non-purified water and it will get you sick. i was deathly ill from 4 am-11 p.m. one full day, i could not go any where or eat anything, let alone smell food. it was horrible. my boyfriend got sick the next day and we are not sure from what but it wasn't as bad. Just be careful and make sure things are cooked properly. --it's still a foreign country. A women I spoke to in the elevator said she thinks she got sick from the cheese. Bring some pepto. the third thing was the walls are thin. ask for a floor with people your age and tolerance. we were very fortunate to have really nice neighbors and it wasn't a problem- the first floor lagoon side, has an extended balcony (no extra cost) and it was gorgeous view and sunsets! the hotel staff we found to be very accomodating and helpful. everyone was more than willing to help us make out stay great. if you try to speak their language, you will find that they really appreciate it and really go out of their way for you! the food other than the one day was great and fresh! room service was great. , they keep the hotel guests entertained all the time and if you want to be left alone, you won't be bothered."

Super Fun!

Good

"My husband and I stayed at the GR Solaris, 1st week in March. It exceeded our expectations. The food and beverages were fantastic, the staff was so friendly and helpful, the pool and common areas were always comfortable and spotless. The negatives-- the beach needed some more sand, and in the future we will go with an upgraded room (ours was a bit small, but otherwise fine). We met lots of nice people and had the best time. It's an activity-oriented hotel, which is fun, even if all you're doing is people-watching. I would love to go again."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of March 2005

Nice Vacation

Good

"Just returned from the Gr Solaris on 3/5/05 with my husband. We originally has reservations at the royal solaris and were moved. The royal solaris management first tried to tell us we were never booked there and then said we were upgraded to the GR when my husband pitched a fit. So we went.

1. THE HOTEL- The appeareance was much nicer then the Royal solaris. Overall it was a beautiful hotel. We have a few minor complaints.
We hated the dinner and basically ate only lunch and breakfeast. They need to work on their food variety.. Maybe add another resteraunt or two. Our other complaint was that our room connected to another room. We could open our door and walk right into the next room.. there was no door on the other side.. and you could hear everything. if the person in the next toom sneezed at night we could here it loud and clear.. Beware of this!!!!!

OVerall it was a beautiful stay. we heard from other poeple that the food and activites were better at the royal solaris but i just chalked it up to this being a new hotel. Staff was excellent! I would consider it again if i saw changes to the food.

NY Couple!"

• Travel date: Mon 7th of March 2005

best vacations ever!!!

"We just came back from gr solaris and everything was way more than we expected!!It was perfect.The restaurants are delicious,the rooms really cool,and the beach perfect!Everyone was so nice with us,even outside the hotel downtown.wish we where still there!!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 6th of March 2005

Definitely one of the best vacations my children, husband and I ever had.

"I strongly recommend this resort. It was only 9 wks old when we stayed there. It's beautiful, fun, relaxing, excellent entertainment staff, caring hotel staff and overall accomodating. The food was very good; variety, quality and taste! The kids club was excellent too!"

• Travel date: Sat 5th of March 2005

A Must Go For A Relaxing Vacation

"My husband and I just returned this morning from the GR Solaris Cancun, we left February 24, and returned March 3, 2005.

I want to summarize our trip around key points as follows:

1. HOTEL ROOM
the room's were beautiful and exceptionally clean. Your bar fridge was refilled daily with water, pop and of course Corona. The washroom was also very clean and you always had more than enough towels. If a view is important to you, be sure to ask for ocean view as we were facing the abutting hotel over the service area. Also some rooms may have an interconnecting door, check this, as we had access to the other room and requested they lock this door. Be aware sound does carry from these rooms.

2. HOTEL
The hotel itself was also very clean and staff were contstanly attending to the minor details such as polishing the floor, cleaning the tables and lawn charis. The hotel has direct access to the beach. Hotel has impressive lobby area, and is locted on a hilly site. Need bus ride for shopping areas. They have a small, limited tuck shop in hotel.

3. POOLS
This hotel offers you 3 main pools and one hot tub mini pool. Space is limited, each morning we woke up earlier and earlier to get a chair by the pool. (7:00 am). The pools are very clean and are great for children and adults.

4. BEACH
The beach was very beautiful and the ocean was crystal blue. The beach is short. The waves were fairly contstant and the current was fairly strong, children should stay out when red flag is up for safety. The sand was clean and white.

5. RESTURANTS
There was a great range of resturants, particulary Marco Polo in the evening for a finer dining experience. Marco Polo had solo artists performing background music. Breakfeast was excellent and had a good selection. All staff were very accomodating and attentive, however there may be some minor delays at resturants.

6. NIGHT LIFE
The lounge up stairs every night has live music. The couple have amazing voices and take requests. Each night there is a bus that leaves at 11:00 pm to take those interested to the local bars for fees of $35.00 american for all you can drink.

7. STAFF / ACTIVITES
The staff overall were very attentive and accomodating. The activities by the pool were non stop.

8. TRIPS & LOCAL BUS
If you are up for ride of your life then take the local bus. Tell the bus driver where you are going so they will let you off in the right spot.
From the hotel it is a half and hour bus ride to WALMART/ MARKET 28 (one way street system, Market 28 a few blocks on the right, and Walmart to the left at main intersection. Note: returning bus to hotel zone (R2 & R15 buses) are on the Walmart street (some people were confused). Market 28 provides a good opportunity to use your bartering skills (pay about 50% of asking price -- it is good to keep waiting until they ask you. Everyone has a "special price for you". Best place to buy cigars cheap - be careful though.

CHICHEN-ITZA
-Sunquest rep provided limited info on trips, but this one was a must go. The tour guide MAC was excpetional and provided a great historical overview of the mayan culture. If you have a chance this is the last year you can climb the pyrmid, be aware coming down is very very scary. Special gifts are provided in this province compared to Cancun. They take credit cards however, will rise the price if you use credit. For example, they wanted 50$ US for a silver braclet. I asked 25$. They agreed to 30 however, raised it to 35 once I used my credit card. Being Canadian, I asked 33$ and got it.

9 MONEY
-use pasos--much better deal than US$. You can change it at the hotel. If you give 20$ bill for bus, you will receive 7$ in change back for two people.

10. LEAVING
Good courtesy room with showers. Be sure when you check out, to remove your wrist tag at front desk (you will get receipt for your bus departure). Bring a few snacks with you for the airport-- expensive, and probably better.

Overall, we had a 5 star vacation with good food, friendly people and a great views."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of March 2005

Hotels near GR Solaris Cancun

Stayed at GR Solaris Cancun? Share your insight.

GR Solaris Cancun is also called