About Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive

• infinity pool
  • butler service

Very Disappointed!

Reviewed Fri 22nd of July 2011

"Just returned from 1 week stay - This was my 3rd time staying there but 1st since they became an all inclusive.
Was extremely disappointed with the service and the food.
The 1st day we arrived we advised the front desk that the refrigerator was not working and the guy actually told us that we should just call room service if we wanted anything. The 2nd day we advised the concierge that the refrigerator was leaking all over the tile file in our room. She said she would have someone come to fix it but walked away from us without ever asking us what our room number was! We stopped asking to have it fixed after that. By the 4th day the A/C in our room stopped working & we called the front desk. Again, we were told someone would come to fix it but they hung up without even asking for our room number. We waiting over 1/2 hour & when nobody came we personally walked up to the front desk & told them that if the A/C was not fixed within the next 15 minutes we expected to be moved to a different room. Guess that got their attention because within 10 minutes a man showed up & fixed it.
The food left alot to be desired. The breakfast buffet was ok & there were a few different places to get a good lunch. Dinner was not very good at any of the restaurants except the Italian place.
I highly doubt I will be returning to the Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun nor will I be recommending it to anyone"

• Travel date: Mon 18th of July 2011

Having decided to treat ourselves to fir...

Reviewed Mon 8th of January 2007

"Having decided to treat ourselves to first class flights we arrived in Mexico feeling relaxed. Well worth £199 each extra.

The trip to the hotel from the airport was uneventful and quite organised.

Out hotel was as we expected from reports from other friends that had already been before and had come again on this trip. Very luxurious. We had a very large, clean room overlooking the lovely pool area.

We had come looking for luxury and relaxation and certainly found it here.

The food was of a high standard and we were told that the drinking water was fine to clean your teeth but we made good use of the 'all inclusive' to get water whenever we could as it was very hot.

The only thing I could say was don't expect the food to be too English as they are very much still catering towards Americans and serve most things 'Mexican style' but still thoroughly enjoyable.

The entertainment side of the hotel is still a bit hit and miss as there were also delegates from a large convention at the hotel staying as well, and they commandeered the use of the rooms available for entertainment, which was a shame as we had been told that this was quite a good evening.

Also the dining room for breakfast became extremely busy because of the delegates (who were given preference over the other guests because of their timetables -which as quite unfair)

The saxophonist in the evenings in the bar became a bit boring after a while. There was very little else to do if you did not go into town at night.

The only downside of our holiday was the weather which was unusually wet (but certainly not cold 40+c) and we had a small monsoon towards the end of the 2nd week which was quite extreme for us 'Brits'.

As trees fell down and rain poured in through the frame of the patio doors (due to very poor design)which did spoil it slightly as the staff could not keep up with having to mop up all the excess water in the bedrooms concerned. But they did supply plenty of towels to soak it up at least. But out of 14 days only approx 3-4 were actually too wet to go out.

The trips were very well organised. We did the dolphin swim over on the island of women which we thought was the best value and the visit to Chichen-Niza ruins (very very hot but brilliant- but it does take nearly 3 hours on a coach to get there from Cancun)

The town of Cancun is very busy but great fun, especially at night with lots going on and the bus ride is really cheap only 6 peso each - 35p wherever you get on or off. Very good value and there are hundreds of them every five minutes.

The markets are a bit all the same but worth a look around, you have to haggle then walk away of you don't get them to agree a price- they soon change their minds.

All in all we had a very enjoyable time and very relaxing. Would definitely go again. "

• Travel date: Mon 8th of January 2007

I stayed at the FAC with my boyfriend, s...

Reviewed Thu 5th of January 2006

"I stayed at the FAC with my boyfriend, sister and her boyfriend last June. It is a fantastic hotel and I would definitely return if the world wasn’t full of other wonderful places.

The FAC gives a grand first impression with its long winding drive and escalators up to the actual entrance.

The reception area is welcoming, large and has a friendly atmosphere. Beyond the reception is a bar where they serve great cocktails.

The rooms themselves were great. Nicely decorated in cream, terracotta and navy and with a smart stylish separate sink and mirror area. The bathroom was admittedly quite small with just enough room for a bath with shower and a toilet. Although we paid no extra we had a beautiful view of the pool area and the beach. We had no balcony but my sisters room did.

The dining room was large enough for everyone and they served a buffet breakfast which had everything you could imagine; pancakes, cereal, fry ups, fruit...

The pool was lovely. It was very quite when we visited so we pretty much had the entire top pool area to ourselves. We did aerobics in the pool once, I’m unsure if this is a weekly thing, but it was pretty hard. Handy tip - Pool towels are provided for the pool and the beach, so don’t worry about packing any.

The best thing bout this hotel is its location on the beach. Unless you've been to the Caribbean you will never imagine how beautiful the beach is. Pristine white sands and clear turquoise water with no seaweed that raps around your legs or creatures of any sorts.

The staff at the hotel are extremely friendly. Remember a tip will get you far.

The hotel is a little ways out of Cancun town, but you can catch the bus close to the hotel entrance which for a set tiny fee will take you right to the other end of Cancun town. Taxis wait constantly outside and the bellboys sort can sort one out for you.

(Tip - At the end of the entrance drive on the main road to the left is a Domino's)

A great bar/club we found was called Glass. It was situated in a mall called something like La Isla which is on the way to Cancun town on the left. It has a really nice atmosphere and serve fantastic cocktails. It also serves food which is the kind that costs a fortune and looks pretty but don’t expect to get full on it. You must try the apple martini's!

There’s also an Italian restaurant within walking distance (5-10 mins) on the way to Cancun town, on the left. You'll notice it as its covered in fairy lights. The Gchnocci melts in your mouth.

If your wondering why your not getting served in the big clubs (Coco Bongo, Bomb, etc) its because your not tipping! If you tip the waiters will remember you and serve you when you return for another round!

All in all - fantastic hotel, stunning beach and fun nightlife. Its a ten."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of January 2006

Very Pleased

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"I stayed at this hotel during March of 2002. I was very pleased with everything except the food. My husband and I got really sick and the only time we ate was at the hotel. But the service was great and the beach was gorgeous. The hotel itself ws beautiful but be careful what you use from your refrigerator - I didn't know a bottle of water could cost that much. A word to the wise: If you have the inclusive plan, order a bottle of water during the day when it is included on your plan, don't drink it and put it in your refrigerator for later!"

• Travel date: Sat 8th of March 2003

Just adequate

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"Stayed week of Feb.23, 2003, and this hotel is over rated, unless you like paying for a really great lobby, The first night the desk clerk (Jesus) likes to disrespect the guests, thinking they can't understand spanish. A very clean place but not worth the money. They shut down the pool/beach area for special groups and even though you paid for the facilities you are not invited to the party! If you are rich and like to pay for special treatment then this may be a good place for you, as if you can afford to be pampered and stay inside they treat you good. But for us I can't afford $8.00 coffee and went to Cancun to get out and have fun in the sun, so will stay elsewhere next time."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of March 2003

It can be paradise if you choose the right place

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"Just returned from a week in Cancun (our second trip after a 6 year hiatus), and it was everything we hoped it would be. Stayed at the Fiesta Americana Condesa, and can highly recommend it. The entire staff is extremely warm, friendly and attentive. The hotel lobby is beautiful; the rooms are simple and tasteful. The pool and beach are magnificent. Restaurants are ok, but no bargain. The best deal was the poolside restaurant. The hotel itself doesn't offer a lot of organized activities, but that's not what we were looking for. For those who haven't been to Cancun before, here are a few tips...At the airport, everyone tries to get you to sign up for something. (Actually, everywhere someone seems to be trying to get you to sign up for something: a sightseeing trip, a timeshare tour, etc.) Ignore them! If possible, have your hotel transportation arranged in advance (I recommend American Express Travel), so you can run straight thru the airport gauntlet. If you want a quieter location with beautiful beaches (away from the noisier, touristy part of the hotel zone with its American chain restaurants), pick a hotel towards the southern end of the hotel zone. That's where the Condesa is, and it's still a very short, easy bus ride to the other sections of the hotel zone and to downtown Cancun. Busses run virtually every minute and cost only 6 pesos (roughly 60 cents). If you're looking to save money, you can eat very inexpensively in the downtown area, as places in the hotel zone tend to be as expensive as in a major American city. There are lots of side trips one can take to Mayan ruins, a fabulous natural aquarium where one can snorkle among the fish (called Xelha), etc. And there is no shortage of activities. But, perhaps best of all, Cancun offers a perfect escape, if you enjoy laying on a perfect white sand beach by turquoise water, or by the pool and enjoy frozen tropical drinks. It is heaven."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of February 2003

Very nice hotel

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"We just returned from our trip: Feb 16-21. The hotel is very nice. The first day - the air conditioning didn't work very well - but we asked them to check it and the next day it was working very well. FYI - we asked for a non-smoking room. Their hotel information book says all non-smoking rooms are on the 1st floor, which ours was. Unfortunately, we could hear the people in the room next to us come in at 3 am every morning - it sounded as though they were in our room. Luckily, they didn't stay up very long! The pool was beautiful, although there was some work being done in the lower one - it looks like 2 hot tubs are being built into the corners. There also was some construction in other parts of the hotel - we moved far enough away from them that we didn't hear their pounding and sawing. We ate at their outside beach restaurant the first day while waiting for our room - the tortilla soup was really good. Of course, the margaritas hit the spot as we were hot and uncomfortable in long sleeves and pants. We ate breakfast every morning at their coffee shop type inside restaurant. The food is OK. Service is OK. They managed to get a few orders wrong (hard to believe) - but the waiters seem to be very busy and try hard. We took the bus into town every day - the ride can be about 20-30 min - depending on what time of day you travel (5-6 pm is the longest). I would definitely stay here again - if I decide to ever come back here. Cancun is nice - the people are all very friendly and helpful and even downtown seems very safe (did venture into some shady areas looking for a restaurant - and we were not hassled or mugged). Just for my taste, though, Cancun is busy - I felt like I was fighting the wind, traffic, loud music everywhere. I was hoping for a bit more relaxation than entertainment..."

• Travel date: Mon 24th of February 2003

Nice Hotel

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"Very nice hotel. Very clean. I would recommend staying here to anyone. We arrived prior to our check-in time and they gave us a temporary room to stay in until ours was ready. World class lobby and a nice swim-up bar. Staff was friendly. The only down side was the prices at the restraunt were very high. We had the buffet for breakfast as soon as we arrived and I paid cash (pesos) and it came to the equivalent of around $60US for two to eat a breakfast buffet. From then on, we ate breakfast down the street at Captain's Cove (around $10-$15US) for a nice all-u-can-eat buffet. Overall though, a nice hotel!"

• Travel date: Thu 20th of February 2003

B+ after several stays

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"Let me start by saying we've stayed at the Condesa six times! We've stayed in the standard rooms, Grand Class rooms, Jr. Suites, and once in a Master Suite (Awesome!) But each time was a different experience. I've been to other Cancun hotels but prefer the Condesa. As with any hotel in Cancun you will always deal with certain mishaps...last year we spent 8 days at the Condesa while hurricane Isadore was departing...for the first 3 days things were terrible, as weather didn't permit outdoor activities. The rain was a downer for hotel maintenance. I too even had to walk down in the maintenance tunnel to get to my room, but that was only once as they were cleaning up Isadores wrath. After the hurricane the beach was a mess, as all of Cancun's beaches were. We looked forward to activities like beach volleyball and water aerobics in the pool but the net was taken down for the storm and left down all week and the activities director was laid off for that week. The hotel maintenance crew spent several days cleaning up and repairing things and the noise level was high. By the 4th day things were pretty much back to normal and Cancun city was booming once again. The only negative things I may comment on is not getting the correct room when we check in. So many times I have specifically reserved a room with a Private Balcony (called Grand Class) but when we arrive we are taken to a standard room. Needless to say I complain each time and find the front desk somewhat helpful, although you may need to speak with a Manager. Once we spoke with him we were taken to a Jr. Suite with no problem. Another problem is when there is a conference at the hotel. Most of the staff will cater to conference attendees over regular guests. This aggravated me. I have found that when I paid for and stayed in the Master Suite, everything was perfect! We even had a private check-in so we didnt have to wait in line. But again you definitely will pay for this, as those rooms are not cheap. Overall the hotel is our favorite so far. The restaurants have good ambiance but food is average to good. Nothing beats their pool, swim up bars and beach. The pool waitress was more than friendly as we received compd items several times. If you decide to stay at the Condesa, you will truly be in for a nice stay, although you may have some minor problems. When you arrive, ask for the bellman named Juan. He speaks good English and is very helpful with showing you the grounds upon check-in. My opinion is this staying at the Condesa will be an 85% chance of a good time, weather permitting! Pick a good month and youll enjoy it. My advice is this call the hotel directly before you book and ask about construction or pool maintenance during your visit. And never agree to any service without getting the price first, else youll get taken!"

• Travel date: Tue 18th of February 2003

Spent a great week at the Condesa...

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"My wife and I just got back from a week at the Condesa. Feb. 5-11. We enjoyed our stay and would definately go there again. We had a room overloooking the pool and ocean. It was clean and roomy. easy to stay the week in it.(We did have a slight air conditioner leak that was fixed right away without any reoccurance)The beach was beautiful..clean, not too crowded. The pool was huge...they were doing some work as alot of reviews say....but you can't hold that against the resort..it's called upgrading and keeping up with the times. We weren't inconvenienced at all by any of the work being done. The food was good...not really five-star, but good. There are pleny of restaurants around so we only ate at the hotel a few times.(We highly recommend Lorenzillos..Live Lobster House...had great food and service!!!)The service was great at the hotel....ok, a few times those drinks at the pool could have come a bit quicker, but when they got there, it was great!!! Everyone was very friendly and eager to assist you. Just about everyone was bi-lingual, so we never had a problem communicating. Overal we enjoyed our stay and would recommend the Fiesta Americana Condesa to anyone looking for a great getaway!! Feel free to e-mail with any questions and thanks for letting us share a little bit of our experience with you...Jamie and Sharon"

• Travel date: Thu 13th of February 2003

Condesa is a Loser

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"Looks great from outside but just wait. Food is blah. When we were there the place was in terrible shape. Exposed wires in rooms. Phone didn't work. No water in swimming pool. Staff cleaned beach toilets at night and let water drain accross walkway. Men working on roof replacing tile...what a view. Couldn't be better right. Any choice you might make would be better."

• Travel date: Fri 7th of February 2003

Absolutely Gorgeous -- Slightly Noisy

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"We arrived in Cancun on Sunday January 19th and were completely taken aback, when we pulled up to the Condesa. Everyone in our airport shuttle gave a little whistle, taking in the beauty of the check-in area.

The hotel is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous. The grounds are kept immaculate, the pools are wonderful, and the beach is long and VERY clean. All rooms overlook the ocean, yet some views are better than others. (Note: The higher the floor, the better the ocean view.)

The service is wonderful. The folks at the check-in desk and the restaurants speak great English, and are always very helpful. There is a bed turndown service every night at 8 pm, as well.

The food is decent, but we only ate at the Condesa twice. Their restaurants are a bit pricey, if you aren't All-Inclusive.

The one complaint we had was the noise. I believe that January is a huge month for maintenance and construction in Cancun, so every morning, starting at 7 am, the hammering, drilling and sawing started. As you most likely know, hotel rooms in Mexico are not NEARLY as soundproof as those in the U.S.A., so needless to say, we were covering our heads each morning. I would recommend bringing earplugs, if you go in the Winter months.

Other than that, the Condesa is gorgeous. As it was our first trip to Cancun, we wanted a hotel similar to the high-end ones you see in postcards and magazines. The Condesa VERY MUCH fills that standard. I would very highly recommend it...especially if you're a heavy sleeper!"

• Travel date: Mon 27th of January 2003