El Pueblito Beach Hotel

Boulevard Kukulcan Km 17.5 , 77500 , Cancun , Mexico , North America

A wonderful place

"From te moment we arrived it was amazing, the staff were friendly and the room was ready immediately. The room was big and comfy with everything one needs. The facilities such as the pools are exellent but the food could have been slightly better, the hotels saving grace is their italian restaurant, which is fantastic. Overall it was the best holiday of my life and i would return again to the el pueblito. I would reccomend it to everyone"

• Travel date: Fri 16th of August 2002

My Happy Days

"In October 2001 my boyfriend and i had a fairy tale two weeks here. We swam with dolphins took late night walks on the beech. Drank all sorts of lovely drinks and laughed the whole time. In fact we even talked about getting married. He did later ask me back home. He recently passed away and i have to say Mexico will always hold a very special place in my heart. I was only 21 when i went to Cancun, but all the places i will visit in the years to come with never come close.
It was the best holiday of my life and I know if Simon was sitting here with me now. He would agree."

• Travel date: Thu 15th of August 2002

An Amazing place to go!!

"I went to Cancun for the very first time from July 21- 28. From reading many of the previous reviews, I was prepared for the worst. However, when I got there I was pleasantly surprised. The resort is beautiful. As soon as you walk in, you are greeted with a splash of colour. It was a lot more better looking than a lot of those huge hotels. The staff all wore authentic Mexican attire. They were also very friendly and nice. The entertainment staff was great- Alex, Ozzy, Baloo, Kim, Freddy, Marco and all the dancers were just amazing!!! They were very helpful into good places to go around Cancun. The resort also provided transportation to all the clubs at night, that way the lines were averted. The food wasn't spectacular, but it was still good. No one got sick. The pools were really nice, they were never really full, so it was a lot more comfortable. The beach was gorgeous. The white sand and turquoise water were just breath- taking. The small size of the resort made it intimate and "user- friendly". It wasn't a resort that you could get lost in. I would definately recommend the El Pueblito Beach Resort for a vacation. You will not be let down."

• Travel date: Mon 5th of August 2002

Wonderful Mexico (Cancun)

"My wife and I have stayed in Cancun - Mexico 3 times and are planning another trip in November.

We have stayed in the El Peublito twice before and have enjoyed both very much. This next trip will be again to the El Peublito who's staff are very very friendly and helpful. How anyone can say otherwise is beyond me."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of July 2002

nice hotel

Good

"I`m just a few days back from this hotel now and i`m still talking over it because it was great.
The food was good and the people were kindly and helphull.
The wheater was great too...sometimes just too hot...about 40 degrees Celsius.
Well you get the idea, a realy fine vacation."

• Travel date: Sat 20th of July 2002

Depends what you like

Good

"The food sucked and the rooms were hot and humid, but the women there were nice. They kept you drunk enough that the only thing you cared about was getting some action and it was pretty easy to do that. So depending on what your trip goals are the el pueblito may or may not be the place for you."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of July 2002

believe This report !

"I just returned from the el publieto today - june 29 and had a marvellous time. I celebrated my 20 wedding anniversay there. I was hesitant to go there because I thought that it being a spanish speaking country that we would have difficulties. No such thing. The staff was nice and very friendly. The food was average (mexican flair) but the breakfasts with the freshly made muffins, danishes and a chef to prepare your omlets in front of you was great. I didnt like the birds however, who would just swoom in once u left your table to pick at your leftovers.
Be careful.....I did hear about things getting stolen (one bathing suit, and money) so carry your valuables with you.
The beach was awesome... I could have stayed there all day and night. Turtles were coming out at night and laying eggs. Good educational trip for the kids.
Grounds were nicely kept. Asked one of the staff for a fresh coconut. He was so nice as to go up in the tree and get one for me.....no charge.
Beware, howver of "Emerald Vacations" located on premises. Guy sells timeshare and tries to label it as something else. He usually "targets" you at breakfast when your defenses are down, so just be aware. Comes on with this story about being a player for some football team in the states and having gone to college in the states and his daughter being some big shot on Wall Street....
just be aware that he is going to try to sell you timeshares...
Had a couple of daquaries-lousy. The drinks are kind of weak for me, but I didnt sample the liquor so I have no idea as to what thats all about. The fruit punch and the pina colada was ok though
Visited the Mango,Tango - a nightspot for dinner and a show. Great!! Worth the trip.
Dont go on the shopping trip. They get a bus to get you there and tell u that u have to find your way back.(after you get there that is)
Other than those pitfalls, the trip was 110 percent for me.
waiters just waiting on me hand and foot. Huts for shade for me to sleep all day and waiters checking in at regualar interval asking me what I wanted to drink. (they bring it to you without you having to get up....that life!) Swim up bar, volleyball - no tennis- as the ad says...
Lunch by the bar was mostly burgers - but good though.
For the price, this all inclusive was the way to go..
I will be going back again and I would highly recommend this place to anyone.
Enjoy!!"

• Travel date: Fri 28th of June 2002

The worst experience of my life

"The El Peublito hotel was disgusting, dirty, and infested with bugs. We were first placed in a room that had a garbage bag filled with dirty sheets on the floor and a balcony that overlooked a bubbling sewage plant. We requested another room which didn't end up having a/c, a working TV, a shower curtain, clean towels, and a horrid moldy stench to it. The staff did not clean our room until we made multiple complaints, and even when they did, the sheets smelled like mold so bad that we were gagging in our sleep. Every morning we awoke with new bug bites from the dirty beds we were forced to sleep in. Not only was the room bad, but the food was atrocious. We were sick after every meal we ate, there was no variety, and to top things off, you have to have reservations to eat in 2 of the 3 restaraunts, so chances were you would have to eat out cause they were already full. The El Pueblito made our trip to Mexico a horrible one and I will never return to that country again."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of June 2002

The Most amazing trip of my life!

"The service here was amazing, all the staff were polite and very sweet. The entertainment staff, who we became very good friends with were all amazing... Usi, Erick, Omar... The food was decent, my friend wasn't a fan, but I enjoyed it. And the rooms differ, so you may get a bigger room or a smaller one, but as long as you have a bed and a shower... your in CANCUN.. so relax, you shouldn't be spending that much time in your room anyways!!! The nightly club bus was fun and a really good deal... Overall... it was the greatest trip ever, and El Pueblito made it just that much better. I stayed from May 19th-26th, and will be coming back in December... so what does that say??!!"

• Travel date: Mon 24th of June 2002

Amazing times at El Pueblito by the Calgary Girls!

"We stayed at El Pueblito from May 26 - June 2 and loved every minute of it! The only complaint was that our bathroom wasn't "top notch"! The water didn't drain too easily, but that's ok because we're not snobs!!! Most of the other bathrooms in the hotel were very nice. The service was excellent, especially Jorge and Mary! :) We had fun at the nightly entertainment, the Michael Jackson show was great! Baloo is great! The location is about a 20 minute bus ride to the bar zone but the beach is beautiful! The food was surprisingly good, none of us got sick! The guests at the hotel were very friendly and easy going. Because of the smaller size of the hotel, it has a more intamite feel to it. Overall, we will be returning next year for another great trip!! Thank you El Pueblito for your hospitality!"

• Travel date: Tue 11th of June 2002

Loved It

"Yes its basic but thats what makes it great! If you want a fun and enjoyable holiday! Then you won't go wrong with this hotel! "

• Travel date: Sun 17th of July 2011

We have just come back from Cancun and I...

"We have just come back from Cancun and I had to write about what an amazing time we had.

We had read some bad reviews about El Pueblito before we left and were dubious about the place. However when we got there we were pleasantly surprised. We were able to check in straight away with our luggage carried up the stairs for us and when we got to our room we found it to be spacious, air conditioned, with a king size bed and a beautiful balcony view over the amazing Dolphin Beach below. The room was basic but had everything we needed and was clean and comfortable.

Our first impression of the hotel was a good one as on our way to our room we stopped at the top of the first pool and looked at the view down to the other pools and onto the beach, we were pleased!

The first night we had a powercut due to bad weather but this was the only hitch on our entire holiday which we wouldnt have even known about had jet lag not forced us to be awake at a silly hour of the morning! It was no problem at all.

Our first morning we went down to the buffet restaurant for breakfast and were pleased with the range offered. Each morning there was a choice of cooked breakfast, fresh fruit, cereals, pancakes, pastries, meats and cheeses etc. I had read a lot of bad reports about the food at the hotel but I don’t think we ever had a bad meal there the entire time. We ate mostly in the buffet restaurant as there was always a lot of choice but it was nice to visit the snack bar and the Italian occasionally.

Lunch in the buffet was particularly good. The food was always varied each day and replenished frequently. The service in all food/ drink areas at the hotel was very good, the staff were always available and at your service ensuring the tables were always clear and that you had a drink etc. Particular staff that shone were Erick who was a friendly waiter who made the best ‘special coffees’ and Felipe in the bar who treated us like VIPs the whole time we were there. He remembered our favourite drinks and brought them over without us having to ask etc, he was brilliant.

The hotel has five well kept pools plus a small kids paddling pool at the top of the slide. We found the bottom pool to be the noisiest as all of the entertainment takes place down there but as you move up a pool level they became quieter and the top couple of pools were never too busy.

The hotel entertainment staff were brilliant and I kid you not when I say these guys work all day round the pool then do the show at night and take the guests out into town afterwards - I didn’t see them have a day off either while we were there. We saw some amazing shows from a very talented hard working dance team.

The location of the hotel itself was very good. Located at the far end of the strip from town meant that the breathtaking beach was always quiet. It was however so easy just to hop on the bus for about 34p and travel as far as you wanted into the town. I thought El Pueblito was a refreshing change from the tall mundane looking hotels down the strip as instead of one high rise block of rooms the individual 3 or 4 storey blocks all had character. The hotel is the most brightly coloured on the entire strip and has a real Mexican flavour to it. I don’t think we could have stayed anywhere else! If you are looking for chic and sophisticated then maybe El Pueblito isn’t for you but I would recommend it to anyone looking for an ideal fun holiday in a friendly (all staff we met) hotel.

Cancun itself is brilliant. We visited Tulum (Mayan Ruins) and Xel Ha (which if you visit - try to visit for a whole day - it is a beautiful experience). We also visited Isla Muerjes (well worth seeing) on a Catamaran (again brilliant hosting staff) and we took a speedboat out into the lagoon on a jungle tour (again brilliant and fun!). There is so much to do there I think we needed another week.

La Isla shopping centre is lovely although don’t expect to find any bargains as most things cost around the same as home.

The nightlife in Cancun is also good. If you get chance visit a club called Coco Bongo on one of the live show nights. It was a real party atmosphere and the shows were brilliant. A super night out for anyone, plus as with most bars once you paid to get in the drinks were all included. If you want more of a real club then go to La Boom a bit further into town. Or for a good laugh in the bars try Daddy Rock, Senior Frogs and Pat O Briens.

I really haven’t got a bad word to say about our holiday, it was amazing from beginning to end and I would definitely go back again. We got a great deal in a great hotel in a great location. And I think I have said enough now! :)"

• Travel date: Fri 30th of April 2004

Hotels near El Pueblito Beach Hotel

Stayed at El Pueblito Beach Hotel? Share your insight.

El Pueblito Beach Hotel is also called