About Dreams Sands Cancun Resort & Spa

• kids club
  • babysitting
  • infinity pool

Good

Great Resort For Everyone (don't listen to all the negative reviews)

Reviewed Fri 29th of March 2013

"I'd like to first point out that a lot of the negative reviews have been made when the resort was under different management and ownership. The resort is now owned/operated by the Be Live Hotel Group. I feel the new company has made upgrades and continues to strive for perfection.

My family (consisting of me, my wife, and 9 month old girl) decided to travel to Cancun when we found this resort at a great price (under $1600 for 6 nights). I always read Tripadvisor before booking a resort and this resort has taken a brutal beating in the review division. I would like to say that this resort is perfectly fine with many good and great things and some bad things, but what hotels don't have some bad things. I'll start with the pros and end with the cons, so here we go.

Pros
Food - Although, some have complained about the food, I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the food and choices. The Brazilian Restaurant is great and the Mexican Restaurant is great. I can't find any reasons to complain about any of the food, except I ate way too much.
Location - This hotel is located right in the mix of things and if bars are your thing, then you're in luck. Of course, we didn't visit the bars, but we know they were right down the street. Plenty of shopping and restaurants within walking distance also.
Rooms - We stayed in the grand side, so I can't speak for the regular Viva side, but the rooms are spacious, nice, clean, AC was a little loud, all-in-all no problems with the rooms.
Service - The staff is great and willing to help in any way. Tips are not looked for, but I believe in tipping the staff where great service is provided. Don't visit the welcome speech as it's just a timeshare pitch.
Beach and pools - The beach is nice and quaint. The pools are well maintained and are all you'll need in a beach resort.

Cons
Seaweed - I would like to first say that seaweed is something the resort cannot help and they do there best to rid the beach area of the seaweed as fast as they can. There were days when the seaweed problem was bad, but most days the beach was clear.
In-Room Stocked Fridge (Grand side) - You might as well consider this amenity non-existent. We arrived with 2 beers in the fridge and they didn't bother to stock the fridge anymore which could have been our fault as we had a privacy sign on the door most of the time.
Music at Night - This could be a pro for some and a con for some. The music between 9pm - 10:30pm from the shows is very loud and very annoying. We traveled with an infant, so she went to bed around 8:30pm each night. She didn't wake once from the loud music (Unbelievable!), so this bothered me more than her.
AC unit - this was a mild sound problem and could be a bigger problem for those who are light sleepers.
Internet - $8 for a half hour and $20 for a full 24 hours. Just thought I would add this in here as the internet isn't free.
Beach Lounge Chairs - The beach chairs could use a washing or replacing, but they allow you to get towels next to the beach to cover the chairs up.

All-in-all, I can't give many reasons to guide potential guests away from this resort. It was great for us, a traveling family, and would be for any traveler. Rest assure you will have a great time at Grand Be Live Viva Beach."

• Travel date: Fri 17th of December 2010

Be Forewarned

Reviewed Thu 28th of March 2013

"First off...regular rooms smelled of mold and mildew. The bedspread was really dirty and not changed between guest stays. There were stains all over it. The toilet did not flush. We requested another room and were shown the same style room on a different floor....the bedspreads were once again not clean and the room smelled the same as the first one. Both had balconies but no refrigerator. We did request a change to the room due to the above and were told we would be charged an additional fee of $15. per person per night. We had no choice but to pay the extra fee.

Once reassigned another room, we noted that there were 2 sides to the hotel. The side we were assigned was a newer, more modern room with a refrigerator and no balcony. There is a charge of $5. per day for the safe that is not included in your package/room rate.

The beach was in terrible condition. There were rocks and concrete imbedded in the sand. There were step downs all around the grounds and one had to become aware at all times of falling and breaking a leg. The beach was continually trashed with plastic cups and litter from many of the guests. There were no trash cans on the beach. The guests were mainly young and the resort was overwhelmed with children. This is surely a resort to send families with children.....not for just adults looking for a relaxing vacation. The pools were overcrowded with children. There were three theme restaurants, Italian, Mexican and Brazilian in addition to the Buffet. These restaurants had no names on them and even though you needed to make dinner reservations by 10:30 a.m. each morning, they were easy to get into when you were able to locate them.
The Brazilian restaurant was a new addition and it was plain to see they were struggling with the concept. The food at all of the restaurants was pretty good.

The good part of the stay was the staff. The wait staff was more than accommodating and always pleasant and professional. Make sure you tip them as they do deserve some additional recognition for their efforts. The halls and open rooms were always kept immaculate. The bartender in the VIP bar was great. He made and suggested various drinks and they were all good. The resort was really busy when we were there because of the All Saints/All Souls Celebrations.

The entertainment is limited and on a much less grand scale than the other Hotels I have stayed in Cancun. They did make an effort but it really was pretty disappointing.

Considering that you get what you pay for....be forewarned that you really need to do your homework. Sometimes an extra $100 added to your trip can afford you a better experience."

• Travel date: Mon 8th of November 2010

Nothing extravagant, but for the price, not bad (long review!)

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"I stayed at this hotel with my girlfriend during the 3rd full week of October 2010. We were looking for an inexpensive, all-inclusive getaway, and that's what we got.

The name is "Be Live," but there is still evidence of the old "Oasis" name on the bracelets and room keys. We stayed on the 9th floor of the Grand tower (black bracelet). The room did not have a balcony, but the air conditioner worked great. We had to turn it down because it was too chilly at times. Our room had an oceanview and overlooked the infinity pool. Also in the room was a mini fridge with 2 Pepsis, 2 Sprites, 2 bottled waters, and 2 beers (Modelo Especial). It was included and was restocked once a day, but didn't keep the drinks very cold. There was a table, 2 chairs, concrete bench with pad, and a decent king bed. The bathroom was pretty large. The entire room had a tile floor, which makes cleanup easy for the staff, but means that you feel all the sand/dirt on your bare feet. Room safe was small and costs $4/day. We used it and never found anything missing inside or out of the safe.

There is only one elevator, which is very small and narrow (I could touch both sides with my elbows at the same time). The signage gives a maximum of 7-9 people, but only comfortably holds 4.

The weather was nice most of the trip. It rained only once, and we noticed some leakage in parts of the lobby, but it wasn't a big deal. They had signs for all of the daily entertainment, but they never seemed to occur. One night we heard the live band, but that was about it.

We ate at the buffet most of the time. At breakfast, they had omelets & eggs made-to-order, plus a variety of other items (cereal, pancakes, toast, bagels, sausage, hash browns, pastries) along with some mexican dishes. Lunch and dinner were about the same. The desserts were terrible. All of the cakes were very watery and/or bland. A light press on it with your fork would result in water squishing out. I never saw the outdoor sushi bar open, and it looked like it was shut down because there was never anything inside it. For dinner, we tried the brazilian steakhouse one night (Rodizio), and it was the best food we had there. They served 10 different meats to our table and had salad & other sides available for self-service. We had to reserve early in the morning, and they were only open 2 nights a week. The other special restaurant (Sarape) had similar rules, but we didn't visit it. Room service is also included, which we used a few times. It was slightly better than the buffet fare, but there was a small menu to order from. The pizza was average (thin crusted personal sizes), but the dining room was air-conditioned with ambient music. The food didn't match the atmosphere. The snack bars had burgers and hot dogs, which were also average.

We didn't visit the spa, and I think you had to reserve a hot tub through them because they were chained off and never had water in them. The fitness room had a bike, treadmills, and a weightlifting machine, but it was locked and I never saw it open. The staff everywhere was very friendly and helpful.

Local calls on the in-room phone cost a flat fee for the connection, which we used once. There was a 4-computer internet lounge area, which we did not use. You had to buy time (1 hour or 24 hours). I don't recall how much it was, but I think 1 hour was $8.

The whole hotel seemed fairly empty. We never saw many people at the pools or on the beach. We noticed the most people at the buffet, and it was never full either. We had black wristbands, but didn't notice a difference of where purple bands could & couldn't go, other than the VIP lounge. The drinks there seemed the strongest. Everywhere else, they seemed very watered down.

We rode the bus a few times, which costs 17 pesos for 2 people one way (exchange rate was 13 pesos per dollar). The resort said that non-motorized activities were included, but you have to go to AquaWorld near the Be Live Cancun resort. So we got our pass and went to that hotel (which seemed MUCH nicer than the Viva Beach). The beach was nicer there, the lobby was lush with vegetation, and the pools were bigger. The buffet even had better food. We didn't visit the other resorts in the chain.

In all, we felt a little disappointed, but only after visiting the other Be Live resort and visiting some friends that stayed at the Riu Cancun (which also seemed much nicer than Viva Beach). Had we not seen what we were missing, we probably would have felt better about the value, but knowing what we could have had, we would have spent the extra for a different resort."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of October 2010

Had a nice time, great value

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"My 20 yo daughter and I stayed at the grand for two night at the end of July, Sorry this is so late in coming but better late then never. I would definatly recomend to anyone to spend the extra money and stay at the grand side. I really didn't know when I purchased our room that the grand oasis ( or be live grand as it is called now ) was the same resort as the oasis viva beach. They are the same hotel just the newer section is the grand side. They have a great breakfast and dinner in a restaurant just for the grand side. and a lounge that is air conditioned and had top shelf liquor. I had sky vodka martinis and enjoyed the lounge. ( they really check your wrist bands.) There is no reservations needed at the grand restaurant and the food was really great. We went over to the buffet dinner that the Oasis side had to eat in if they didn't make reservations at the other restaurants, and it was a zoo the line was out the door for people to get in and the food was terrible ( same thing for breakfast, the grand restaurant side had mimosas and bloody marys that you could make and was quiet ). Our room was very nice there is I think 4 floors with maybe 6 or so rooms on each floor that have a wonderful balcony and we were lucky enough to have one. The pools were nice ( a lot of children ) and the beach was not nice, we ventured in and it was slim-my on the bottom and sea weed every where. The location was great we were right next to the riu las americans and riu cancun was right next to that. It was in walking distance to the shops and clubs.The one thing that I didn't like was I made a small plate of cheese cubes and crackers at the buffet restaurant, and was planning on taking it back to my room, not knowing this was not allowed I was all the way to the elevator when this young women came running up to me out of breath and told me I had to give her the plate I was not allowed to bring it to my room! I said that is kinda dumb and your just going to have to throw it away now and she was like please I will get into a lot of trouble If I don't bring it back?? I was not being mean to her and was sad that she was so upset over this I gave it to her of course but it was strange.I won my nights on sky auction and paid about 126$ a night for the two of us so I think it was well worth the money and would definitely stay at the grand side."

• Travel date: Sun 17th of October 2010

Do not go to this Hotel

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"So we arrived for the weekend with my girlfriends. I have been to Cancun a few times and this is by far the worst hotel I have ever been in... We arrived on Friday afternoon to find out that we had to pay $36 a day for the SMALL safe, there was no air conditioning through out the hotel (except in the rooms). No air conditioning in the elevators (which could only fit 4 people). Our room did not have an iron, alarm clock, mini fridge or extra towels. After we left my clothes has a musky moldy smell to them...No one at the hotel cater to us. We had to go and get our own drinks, which were the most water down drinks we have ever had. We wanted to eat at the buffet and it was closed by 4pm. We ate at the buffet place for dinner (because we needed to make reservations ahead of time and everything to them was "booked" . There was no authentic Mexican food which was one of the things that we were looking forward to. The next day the breakfast at the buffet was ok, mostly American breakfast food. I think the food that was alright was lunch, but it seem that the waiter was bother the whole time we asked him for ketchup or soda... We went to the pool and there was no one at the swim up bar the whole trip for whatever reason. There was no activities happening the music wasnot loud at all. Dinner at the Italian restaurant was ok also, there was only 2 people attending everyone who had a reservations. They sat us at a table and right under me was a leak happening. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone unless you just want to go there and waste your money. This is by far the worst hotel in Cancun."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of October 2010

Definitely worth the money!! (long review)

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"This resort is definitely worth every penny considering it is really affordable. We went as a group of 9 girls to celebrate a birthday. We read all the reviews on here ahead of time to prepare ourselves for the best/worst.
The resort is a modest size place which is nice because you quickly acclimate to where everything is and have a chance to get to know the employees well. We had the black band so we were able to eat at any of the restaurants and go to the other Be Live (formerly Grand Oasis) resorts. The room is a comfy size and the bathroom is pretty large. No problems with plumbing at all. It's an upgrade to get a balcony in case you really have to have one. The room a/c was working just fine and made it nice coming back from hot days at beach or out shopping. Our favorite restaurant on the grounds was the Italian restaurant. Everyone loved the Spaghetti with Garlic and Shrimp, Salmon and the Pizza. The buffet has a ton to offer so you can usually find at least a couple things that you will like. It's not the 'best' food in the world but that's usually not what you go to Mexico for. Make your reservations to eat when you wake up in the morning each day. For bfast they have omelets made to order and that was everyone's fav. They also had a very good cornbread muffin with raisins/cranberries that was excellent.
Yes. the elevator is small and hot but there are 2 so you can always walk around the corner rather than pack into the one off the lobby. Yes, there are a lot of open air areas in the hotel (lobby, buffet, lobby bar etc) but they weren't so uncomfortable you couldn't stand it for a few minutes to eat or check in. The bar tenders were all great! They know how to entertain and can speak good english to know what you want. You can ask for double shots if you are worried about not getting enough alcohol. We tipped them intermittently and they really appreciate that. Their 'top shelf' acohols consisted of capt. morgan, smirnoff and seagrams. The lobby bar had an activity each night and seemed to draw in a crowd (we went off peak so it wasn't too crowded). There were two simming pools at the Grand Viva Beach. The water aerobics was fun with great music.
The beach at the resort was nice. It was calm waters since you are in the bay area. The seaweed is abundant but they work hard in the mornings raking and hauling it off but there is so much coming in that it's impossible to keep up with. It honestly didn't bother us one bit. There were plenty of chairs to use on the beach. You'll be hit up by vendors selling things but it's kinda fun talking to them and the girls all got really good deals on jewelry!
We also made it down to the beaches of the Be Live Grand Oasis and they are BEAUTIFUL! There were big waves coming in and the water had several different layers of the beautiful turqouis! You could find shells in this area too. I highly recommend hitting both beaches to get the full effect! The pools at the Be Live Grand Oasis were also extremely nice and quite large. The swim up bar was tons of fun and busy!

Back to Viva Beach: Ivan and Ceasar are the cutest! They are there to sell the all inclusive wrist bands to various clubs downtown. For $40 we went to Bulldogs which was a great club with great music where you heard the entire song. The dance floor was crazy packed so we ended up dancing on the side of the dance floor. We had our own table and bottle service with the wrist band so it made it way more worth it! Make sure to find Ivan if you'd like the nightlife outside of the resort! Every night is something different.
If you are going on an excursion to any of the local destinations DO NOT use the resort employees to buy your package. Walk across the street and there is a little vendor that will be less than half of what the resort will charge you for the very same thing. Or, you can cross the street and go for a block and there will be aboud 4 more vendors all trying to sell excursions. They all want to beat each other out so don't be afraid to ask a few on their prices. We ended up going on the Catamaran to Isla Mujeres with bfast(continental), all inlcusive drinks, lunch buffet, snorkeling, time on the island and a parasailing type activity for $40. Well worth it! If you're lucky to end up with Alex and his crew they are so fun!!! Two girls also did the Chichen Itza excursion for $40 which also seemed reasonable.
It's very safe to take the bus around the area and very cheap. You can ride it one way for 85 pesos! They fly along so you're to your destination in no time. If you are going down the island to Be Live Grand Cancun it'll take about 5-10 minutes. There is great local shopping right across the street and down for a few blocks. There are small stores selling touristy things and then you'll come to the Plaza Caracol which is an a/c indoor mall (huge hit with us). Everyone will come down on prices. A bit further you'll hit the Mexican outlet and that is a large open building with tons of stuff (also a/c). A bit further and you'll hit the restaurants and bars and an open flea market. Way overwhelming with their pushy salespeople but they will really come down on their prices a lot more than others. This is all within about 4 blocks of the Be Live Grand Viva Beach so you can easily walk it. They also have many vendors selling excursions but just be sure you don't get caught up in a timeshare presentation.
We have all said we'd stay at this resort again for sure! I'm sure I've missed something because there is so much to go over but I hope this has helped everyone!!"

• Travel date: Tue 21st of September 2010

For the price, it was as it should be

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"First, like any hotel I've ever stayed in Cancun, it was kept very clean. The staff was amazing, so friendly and willing to talk and kid with us. The ocean is amazing, if like us, you like calm, not too deep water - perfect for hanging in a float all day. Pools were very nice, too. Not all rooms had balacony -such as ours-which I was disappointed about, but it is what it is. The fridge in our room was well stocked and the housekeeper -when we requested -left extra bottles of water. The food was okay- we did go out to eat twice-but it is inexpensive, so you get what you pay for...the drinks, however, were fine and I did not find them stingy on the alcohol. Entertainment at night was minimal -but who cared? Walking distance to many Cancun attractions and, of course, the bus is always running right outside the front door -cabs are cheap too. The pool staff durnig the day were awesome -we really didn't participate-but we watched and everyone seemed to have a grand time who chose to participate in the activities. You have to pay for the lock to the safe in your room-which I always hate-but it is rather common in Mexico. Housekeeping seemed to know when you left your room - boom! It was clean when you came back- even if not out for long. This was my 12th visit to the area, so I more or less knew what to expect based on what I booked and the price. No, it isn't Dreams or the Riu, but it is comfortable and clean and well staffed. The food would be the biggest drawback -even the ala carte restaurants were at best so-so. But, for the price, for a calm water beach and great location to attractions, it was good. And the people- wonderful - from the front desk to the groundskeepers - can't say enough good about any of them."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of September 2010

Pretty good.........for the price!!!

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"We stayed at the Grand Oasis Viva Beach which has now been named "Be Live" which all employees pronounce "Believe", so it is no longer Oasis. My fiancé and I stayed here the week of 8/22/2010.

THE BAD
- It is not an open air lobby nor is it air conditioned nor do they have ceiling fans so you can imagine how hot it was. (in the defense of the resort, maybe the a/c was broken because i did notice a/c vents in the ceiling)
- The damn elevators are the smallest i've ever seen, 5 people max will fit in these things, 2 ppl and their luggage, plus there is no a/c in the elevators either and for some reason the sides of the elevator get hot to the touch that you can actually be burned on the wall. Lastly, the maintenance crew seemed to be sneaking on the elevators as if they are not allowed to use them, i would notice them getting off a floor before and taking the stairs one flight down.
- The damn vendors are annoying, they pester you everywhere you go trying to get you to do excursions, they are every 5 feet, we keep telling them "we're leaving tomorrow".
- The pads on all the chaise lounges were stained & dingy looking

Some may find this good and some may find this bad, may last 3 trips have been to punta cana, the majority of the resorts in punta cana are huge with lush grounds and landscaping, maybe i was spoiled but this resort is small in comparison to any resort i've been to in DR.

THE GOOD
- Perfect location, although one of the furthest resorts from the airport (about 20 minutes away), only about 1/3 mi from downtown, all the main clubs and restaurants are within walking distance.
- Located on a peninsula, this hotel is on the bay side, the water is super calm and crystal clear, like paradise
- The staff are very accommodating, one morning i asked for cranberry juice, i was told they didn't have any, about 10 minutes later the waiter came over with 2 glasses full, don't know from where, but he got it.
- The beer is always cold , the food is always hot
- The a/c in the room was just fine
- The resort is pretty clean
- The pools are nice

Overall i wound recommend going to this place if you get a good price, remember Can Cun is where spring breakers go each year so you must expect a resort that is so close to downtown be a little beaten up. We were very confused with the lack of a/c and ceiling fans, it made no sense and at times even the restaurants and buffets were without a/c, definitely not a comfortable way to sit and have a meal. if the a/c was taking care of and the place was given a bit of TLC and they did something about those terrible elevators this place would be perfect.
if you are a picky person, this is not the place for you...."

• Travel date: Tue 31st of August 2010

Worth Every Penny

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"I can’t understand why this place takes such a beating in reviews. I almost wish I could post this review under both Viva Beach and Grand Viva Beach since many of the amenities offered are the same regardless of bracelet color. Anyway, here are my family’s experiences at the Grand Oasis Viva Beach, or now the BeLive Viva Beach. They were in the process of changing over while we were there.

CHECK-IN
We had an early flight, arriving in Cancun at 10:30AM, so USA Transfers had us at the resort before 12:00PM. Most of the front desk people were busy processing check outs, so it took about 30 minutes for the people checking in to be helped. No biggie, as we were served drinks as we waited. We got our bracelets and headed out to explore until 3:00 PM when the room would be ready. We had a few drinks and some food from the snack bar and soon enough 3:00 PM had arrived. Our room was ready as promised and we unpacked, changed, and headed to the beach.

BEACH
The beach is great! We usually stay on the long side of the “7” and my daughter and I enjoy the waves, but the wife prefers the calmer waters. The resort was hard at work on the beach as storms had brought in quite a bit of seaweed, and although it was only occasionally, you could certainly smell the seaweed from time to time. Also, when the weather is bad, the water is obviously stirred up more and if seaweed bothers you, it may be a problem. I had heard the seaweed was unusual and the most they had seen in 10 years, but they are working to get it all removed. We had no issues. Most days the water was calm and clear, so the seaweed was at the bottom and you just avoided it if it was a problem. Now for the whole issue regarding the rocks. Sure, there are rocks. Very large areas of rock that are easily visible and easily avoided if that is a problem for you. In fact, the rocks are cool, because the fish hang out in the rocks. Grab a hotdog bun from the snack bar and go to the big area of rocks right in the middle of the resort beach and feed the fish. I just saved you the cost of a snorkel trip. Fish from the size of your fingernail to the size of your forearm will show up to feast.

ROOM
The room was great. Exactly as described in previous reviews. The fridge was not on when we got to the room, but it had cooled the drinks sufficiently by the 2nd day. The AC was decent, but there are tricks to it. First, I felt very hot on the bed, so I examined the vent and decided to adjust it. I grabbed a chair and aimed the vents all towards the bed and everything was good to go. One warning though; the window slides open, which is great, but you are also obviously losing your cooler room air. Your room will not cool off again quickly, so open that window sparingly if you prefer a cooler room. TV worked great, with plenty of English channels to pass the time while the two women were getting cleaned up.

The shower worked fine, with plenty of hot water even after my wife and teenage daughter had showered. The cleaning staff was wonderful, and we were well stocked with water and sodas throughout or stay. We had a couple of beers in there also, but never did drink them.

ELEVATORS
If you are lucky enough to have a lower floor, just avoid them altogether! Small and hot. Luckily we were on the second floor and just used the stairs.

FOOD
We’ll start with the snack bar. Burgers, hotdogs, nachos, fries and chicken wings are available every day except Monday. No snack bar on Monday. Everything was good except the dogs, which were a bit small for the bun.

Main Buffet: Pretty good, although we only ate there once for lunch and once for dinner. I thought the selection was good and nothing I ate was bad. It does get warm in there due to the high amount of people.

Brazilian Buffet: I’m not sure if only Grand people can eat there or if regular guests can make a reservation. Awesome food. Some of the meats are bland, but we ate there 2-3 times for dinner. One night we were even served lobster. This is also the Grand side breakfast buffet, which was pretty good and included mimosas, bloody mary’s or screw drivers if you wanted.

Mexican Restaurant: I had read reviews of how bad this was. Huh? Awesome guacamole and chips, and a simple ala cart menu. We would have eaten there again if we had time. My daughter, the picky one, loved her beef tacos. If you are dining earlier, make sure you can get seated towards the back of the restaurant, as it is much cooler that the front which is all glass and faces the setting sun.

Italian Restaurant: Really good, but really hot. This one has wooden doors and when they open up for seating, the doors stay open. It also faces the setting sun, is all glass on that side and has a wood burning oven. The food was wonderful, especially the seafood soup. If you reserve a later seating, perhaps it cools off a bit in there, but at 6:30 it is pretty darned hot. Also, if you order the steak, medium rare in Cancun is much more rare that in the U.S.

I should point out that I had read that you needed to be up at 7AM to get reservations for the restaurants, but we usually went down around 8:30Am, on our way to breakfast and always got the reservation time we wanted.

DRINKS AND BAR STAFF
Awesome. Look for the amazing Domingo. Honestly, most of the bartenders will pour you as strong a drink as you want. And folks, tipping doesn’t hurt! I was really surprised at the complete lack of tipping going on. Trust me, the service was great at every bar regardless of tip, but we took good care of our bartenders and they took good care of us. We went in the VIP lounge one night, but the vibe is all stuffy and superior so we opted to spend our evenings outside with everyone else. The beach bar is closed on Mondays also. Actually, each bar and or restaurant other than the main buffet is closed one day per week. I never noticed any of them being closed other than Monday so I can’t help there.

CHECK OUT
I was worried with a late flight out that we would be stuck unable to do anything our last day, but at check out we told the front desk we would not be leaving until 2:30 and they had no problem letting us keep our wrist bands on to use the facilities until we departed. So, in short, everyone we dealt with at the front desk was pleasant and helpful.
The pools looked great, but we are beach people and we never actually used to pools or pool areas. In general, there is air conditioning in most areas but since the doors are always open, it doesn’t do much good.

Overall, when I decided to upgrade to the Grand side a month prior to the trip, I wasn’t sure if it would be worth the extra money. It was worth every penny. In fact, the value exceeded the cost in my opinion. Also, if you want a really cool parasail ride, get with Jose or Ricky at the little tent to the right of the resort. You won’t regret the experience!"

• Travel date: Mon 30th of August 2010

Good for the price

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"Good for the price, the rooms are not fancy but OK, restaurant are good, defenetely a la carta in the mediterranean restaurant, the waiters are great.."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of August 2010