30 Traveller reviews from Holiday Watchdog
DONT STAY HERE
"This was my second time to Cancun and we picked this hotel because of its looks on the website .1st day we arrived we were taken into a room with other guests and told if this breaks or we lose the wrist band we will be charged never have i felt as though i have done something wrong. The room we stayed in was more of a 2 star rating we asked to be moved and they kindly did to a room exactly the same.Dirty and not the star rating it should be.I have stayed in better hotels in Turkey which were 3 star rating.The staff were brilliant very hard working .There was ruins of a hotel next door over run by vermin .Entertainment was so bad we went out a few nights .After the second week we were ready to go home we just had enough ..We are returning to Cancun this year and far away from this place as we could get. the food was nice and staff but i don't fly for over 11 hours and spend a lot of money just for the food and the local staff. If you do decide to go i just hope they have changed if not you have been warned !!"
- Travel date: Mon 30th of March 2015
CAUTION: SCAM HOTEL
"Stayed in the beginning of September. This was my tenth and so far the worst time at an all inclusive resort.
1. WiFi is supposed to be available "next day" for many months now, hotel staff are still selling people weekly internet packages promising that "maybe tomorrow" it will start working while knowing that it will not be available any time soon.
2. The doctor's office at this hotel does shady business. After I sustained a bone fracture on vacation I decided to first check with on board hotel doctor. At arrival I was informed that the fee to see the doctor is 80 dollars. I mentioned that I have insurance to which the doctor's secretary replied that it works, and took my insurance information. However, after exiting doctor's office the secretary demanded that the payment should be made in cash. Finding this fact out, I demanded to speak with the manager of the hotel, who was extremely unhelpful and threatened to call the police if I didn't pay in cash. Subsequently, the charge magically changed to $50.
P.S.: If you don't have cash you are screwed, because the only way to take out cash in the hotel is from a shady Mexican ATM machine, which charges 20% of your withdrawal.
3. The in the hotel is often unsanitary and not well-cooked, which resulted in few members of our party getting a food poisoning. Especially, stay away from the food served outside of the buffet.
4. No fridge and water in the room. Can't get bottled water at the bar. Had to buy water from the local convenience store. Not exactly and all-inclusive option.
5. NO ENTERTAINMENT. The onsite club usually gets between 0-4 ppl/night, which is not a surprise since the entertainment team is nowhere to be found.
6. Don't order a taxi through hotel. They will always call one of their "preferred" taxis, who charge you double the price and try to solicit clients for prostitution, drugs and other illegal activities.
7. The onsite medical office closes at 9 PM. So good luck if you have some emergency after 9 PM.
8. The elevator system and the whole layout of the hotel is a big disaster. You are very lucky to get 1 out of 3 elevators working on a daily basis. The hotel has 7 floors and with this inconvenience the approximate wait time for this 1 elevator is 10-15 min. So, good luck to you if you live on the 7th floor. The hotel's layout is not well thought through. My friends lived one floor above and it would take me about 15 min to go up since there is no direct access to stairs that would take you up. If you want to go to the beach you have to pass about 5 mazes until you can actually reach your destination.
9. This hotel is right at the beginning of hotel strip so its far from both tourist downtown and Cancun city downtown.
To sum up: save your money and pick a better hotel!"
- Travel date: Sun 14th of September 2014
dissapointed at the crown paradise
"hi there just a short review to point out both the good points and bad points of the crown paradise.
.great if you have kids
.lots of pool activities
.waiters are very good
.games room for the kids
.air conditioned bars
.waynes boots "
- Travel date: Fri 30th of September 2011
Best holiday ever x
"Thia was the best holday i have ever been onn the stff were so nice and made my holiday fun. the food was lovly and had a good choice of differnt things i havde been twice now and am planning on going back again it is not that far from the shoppinf centers and the night life there is amzinng the room were aso nice and up to good standerds cant wait to goo back :)xx"
- Travel date: Mon 24th of May 2010
"Hotel is a bit far out 19 Km to downtown but the buses are cheap and there are plenty of them, its a bit of a climb to the entrance and there is a sewage plant across the road although you are never aware of it. Hotel is a bit tired in places but its clean and well kept and the staff are very friendly and helpful, the sea is choppier this side of Cancun so the moisture can make things smell and feel damp.The many theme restaurants are terrific so plenty of choice for food, there are plenty of pool areas so no problem getting peace and quiet, a few bars but not a lot of entertainment at night. Overall a great holiday plenty to do and see if you get out and about. "
- Travel date: Sun 22nd of February 2009
we arrived and thought wow. but then we...
"we arrived and thought wow. but then we were robbed 900 dollars . my girl friends bag was stolen as was two othe couples at the same pool within the same time. there is not alot to do if its adult entertainent your looking for.
through out the holiday more thefts happened . the manager was hopless and could not be bothered with the hassle. cancun was amazing but dont go to the hotel"
- Travel date: Mon 4th of August 2008
The best holiday i have been on! Great w...
"The best holiday i have been on! Great weather! The hotel is in a very good location!Various food options of good quality! Kids entertainment in the evenings, aswell as adult entertainment! And activities during at various times during the day. Not one problem with any aspect of the hotel."
- Travel date: Thu 31st of July 2008
Overall the hotel was nice it needs some...
"Overall the hotel was nice it needs some minor renovations and new beds. The beds were awful so was the smell of my room and the rooms of the other three families that were visiting the resort. The service was great as was the kids club employees. Visit Los Gallios (mexican cusine) it was yummy!!!"
- Travel date: Wed 11th of June 2008
Crown Paradise is absolutely fantastic f...
"Crown Paradise is absolutely fantastic for all as we have now stayed at this hotel as a couple and latterly as a family. Going back again this year and this will be my 6th visit.
Loads to choose from for eating either between the buffet restaurant or one of the others. Italian restaurant has recently been rebuilt due to hurricane and it is totally stunning.
Have never stayed at a hotel where the kids clubs are so good. The water park is an absolute dream for young kids and my young son is often singing the hotels songs and telling everyone that he is going back to Cancun.
Only down side is that they have a traditional mexican band which comes into the hotel almost every night which we renamed the carousel and it would drive anyone round the bend. This aside you don't need to listen to it as you have the english style put or the more family orientated area which you can go to.
I must visit for anyone going to Cancun with kids as don't know any other hotels in Cancun which cater for kids so much.
- Travel date: Tue 22nd of January 2008
It was our first time staying in Mexico...
"It was our first time staying in Mexico and it had to have been the best holiday we have ever been on!
The hotel was amazing. Good all day entertainment with a cabaret show at night in the hotel's theatre. The staff also made you feel very welcome (especially a barman named Miguel; ask him for his special "welcome drink"!), they spoke good English and were always willing to deal with enquiries. The restaurants were fabulous; we tried out the Italian restaurant (better than any Italian restaurant back in England! So much so, we went there twice!), the Mexican restaurant (a great choice when wanting to sample some of the local flavours) and we also took advantage of the buffet restaurant which served up everything from sandwiches to Chinese stir fries. I particularly recommend the smoothies at breakfast, there was a large choice of fresh fruit to choose from and a helpful member of staff would blend it all up for you.
The Pool area was very friendly and clean; however I do recommend wearing shoes at midday as the ground got very hot! There were two bars around the pool serving everything from water to alcoholic slush puppies! There was current music played all day and the entertainment team were always doing something. Even if you didnât want to join in the fun and games, it was always a giggle to sit and watch others making fools of themselves! The Beach was excellent, it was literally like a 10 second walk from the pool to the hotel's own private white sand beach. Jumping the rolling waves was probably our only exercise all week! Also, on our first day we watched a member of staff hatching out baby turtles that had been washed up on the beach, an amazing experience!
The hotel isn't in central Cancun however we often used the bus stop directly outside the hotel to get to one of the shopping centres or just to have a walk around central Cancun. If you're going to Mexico, you MUST take a bus ride, the drivers make up their own Highway Code rules and some don't even bother using the bus stops, they just stop anywhere they can! Whatâs more, a one way ticket only set us back around 30p! The shopping centres are also very good, lots of genuine designer a lot cheaper than anywhere in England!
The rooms in our hotel were also very good; the air conditioning was a god send! There were also lots of English TV channels. The maid service was excellent and very efficient. We had a sea view balcony which for a majority of the time, was in the shade which was useful for when the sun got too much!! There was a safety deposit box in our room which came in very useful and we also had a fridge so we could keep our bottles of water chilled.
Overall, it really was a 10/10 hotel. It really cannot be faulted and if I could, I really would go back every year!!
- Travel date: Wed 2nd of January 2008
This was our honeymoon destination & fir...
"This was our honeymoon destination & first time in Mexico!!
The beaches were fantastic, never seen anything like them before & at the beginning of May were lovely and quiet.
We stayed in the Crown Club rooms which were fab & extremely clean, the maids worked hard every day to keep them in tip top condition. There was a mini bar in our room & we did encounter problems getting it restocked everdyay which drove my hubby mad! There is also a VIP room/bar that can be used which was nice now and again to chill out.
The French restaurant was the best in my opinion, the food was delicious & because it was formal dress, you really feel like you're going somewhere special. Waynes Boots was good too, the others ok. There is a big buffet restaurant with all you can it, but after a week, eating the same lost its appeal. The only problem was you had to be up at 8am to book for the restaurants, otherwise you couldn't get in & we found on one night everything was shut & we had to make do with chips from the snack bar. There were a couple of restaurants still shut & under refurbishment. Room service is pretty bland too. We did venture out to eat but found it so expensive we only did it the once.
The hotel is huge with loads of pools & great for kids and overall really good. The staff were friendly but expect tips for everything.
I'd definitely recommend this to families or couples but not singles!!"
- Travel date: Wed 19th of September 2007
Stayed at the CPC 06/02/2007 to 13/02/20...
"Stayed at the CPC 06/02/2007 to 13/02/2007.
We stayed in a Jacuzzi room which was amazing. The hotel was clean and well looked after.
Staff were all very nice but they expect tips 24/7, which can get a bit of a pain after a while.
The food was very good with a lot of variety. You have to book in advance to go to some of the restaurants, as it is busy and you canât always get in apart from the buffet.
The weather wasnât great when we went had about 2 days out of 7 of sun the rest very very cloudy believe the internet weather reports as they are quite accurate well they were for us.
Entertainment staff were fantastic and work very hard as well as the bar staff. The adult only pool is good with a swim up bar and two hot tubs.
Very hard to get a sun bed as very busy.
Overall a very good holiday just wish weather was better try doing some activities really good."
- Travel date: Thu 15th of February 2007