About Club Med Cancun

• kids club
  • babysitting
  • private pool

Good
Good
2014

Allez Cancun Allez !

Reviewed 28th July 2016

"We went to club med in the beginning on June and it was a memorable week. We had an amazing time ! If I have to sum up club med Cancun, I would say it is all Heart . The GO's in club med Cancun make all the difference. They are present , available, resourceful, driven , talented , enthusiastic and many more !! hats down one of the most together group we have ever met. We stayed at the jade which was a wonderful experience. Getting in a quiet pool at the end of a very active day was pure bliss . Thank you Natasha and the whole team at Jade for your wonderful hospitality and grace. Big thumbs up for Ersinio at the bar , a very personable and attentive gentleman. We tried all different types of sports , but mainly did tennis . Our games level went up by several notches in a short period of time , thanks to wonderful Eli and Bolt and Maia. You ain't done nothing if you did not go through Bolt's cardio, and do not be fooled by Eli's sweet smile. He is a tough coach :)) thank God Maia kept the balance going :) Thank you Vincent for your engaging and powerful Pilates sessions. And I cannot still cannot do hand stand :)))...thank you Shayne and Islamo for the wonderful , upbeat aqua gym workouts. Islamo my husband has been watching all the comedies you passed on to him :)) Thank you for the salsa dances .....sorry cannot remember the GO's name :( My husband enjoyed archery, a lot, thank you Caesar , you introduced him to a new hobby . The chef de sport at Cancun is one of the humblest and easiest going guys I have ever met. I did not realize who he was though he offered to play tennis with me several times. He was engaging with everybody as he was checking out all the sports activities . My kids went to the car wash every day. Thank you dynamic Theo !!! You are an ace :) how did you manage a whole group of 11-17 years old and made sure they all had a great time, I don't know ! My biggest thanks goes to the trapeze team, especially Garrett. By going out of your way, after you were done for the day , with your teammates, and giving a chance to Sabine, my daughter , to attempt the catch and make it, is a gesture we truly appreciate a lot. You have given a 12 years old an experience she will remember for a long time . The shows every night were excellent ! We looked forward and enjoyed every single one of them. What a talented group :)) good job Nicky , we loved the premiere you presented on our last day ! I am writing this review a month after we came back, and I have forgotten some names and confusing others , but the memories are very vivid :) Finally a huge thank you to Brandon and Nicolas the assistant chef and chef du village. You guys were omnipresent ! Great personalities, impeccable presentation , full of talents and improvisation . Thank you for a very nice vacation , we will be back ! "

• Travel date: 11th July 2016

Club Med Cancun is AWSOME!

Reviewed 27th December 2012

"Don't wait to be able to afford the trip! The service is excelent & the number of interesting people you meet from all over the world are worth the money! Plus, the drinks feel free because the resort is all inclusive. This village has more activities than one can ever participate in during a one week stay and is one of the two remaining Club Meds that are adults only. This is not to say that it is a couples only, for there were MANY people traveling alone and I was one of them. I highly reccomend this resort, as it's service is as beautiful as it's view. I will DEFINATELY return there in the future."

• Travel date: 15th August 2004

Good time

Reviewed 27th December 2012

"My family and I (inlcuding my boyfriend) just got back from a 2 week stay at Club Med Cancun. Overall, the experience was pretty good (not amazing, but not horrible). The location and the club itself are very nice, the water is amazing (if you swim past the rocks at the beginning!). We did not participate in all the activities that were offered, but we did go on several excursions (I highly suggest the catamaran to Isla Mujeres) and they were great. We thought the staff were friendly and helpful enough -- however, we have been to other Club Meds, and the GOs in Cancun are definitely not as lively or present (but perhaps they tailor it to the clientele at hand). The food was average, something for everyone, but nothing delicious. The rooms are really the part that leave something to be desired: our toilet took about 10 tries before it would flush all the way (every time!) and would often get totally clogged; we had cockroaches (we think they may have come in from the shower drain), and our air conditioning stank like a sewer. However, since we were there to enjoy the beach and each other, the amount of time spent in the actual rooms was minimal. Overall however, it was a very nice vacation =)"

• Travel date: 12th August 2004

HANDS UP--- BABY HANDS UP !!!!

Reviewed 19th December 2012

"We arrived on Saturday July 17th - July 24,2004... Love at first sight ! ... Very friendly front desk and very welcoming...This resort is full of fun for all ages!... Very active if you want and if you don't want activity, it is Paradise...total relaxation ... The food is great and the drinks are fantastic... Rooms are very clean... 24 hr pool which was a definate bonus for a moonlit swim after lots of dancing...great nightly entertainment and lots of fun dancing as a group in the courtyard to a couple of songs after every show! We were very sad to leave..they made us feel like it was one big family...all the GO's were at the front waving good bye to us !... Can't wait to return ! Special thanks to the Chief of the Village, Hendel Duplessy and the following special GO's for making our vacation fantastic .... Marcia, Yousef, Levi, Poncho, Jeff, Alex, Bobby, Becky, Elier and Carlos. Keep up the good work ! (Gary,Lynn,Daniel,Lisa)"

• Travel date: 26th July 2004

The best club system to travel with

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"When you were a kid did you enjoy summer camps when you get to make new friends and just have a great time? If your answer is “Yes” then Club Med is a place for you!!! I have been to Club Med 4 times (3 of which in Europe). The very first time I visited CM I literally fell in love with it. Since then that’ the only company I use while going on vacation At the end of March I visited Club Med Cancun and that was my best trip ever!!!! People are extremely nice and friendly … Great place to meet people GO’s are knowlegebale and helpful You don’t have a minute to feel bored – there is always something happening. Great variety of sport activities, great nightly entertainment and great food I am going back to Cancun in September and even though it is a hurricane season I am sure that I will have great time"

• Travel date: 20th July 2004

Amazing Trip!! Would go back in a heartbeat!!

Reviewed 24th December 2012

"I went to Club Med Cancun in Feb, 2004 for a week. I had an awsome time. Even though the weather didn't exactly cooperate, the sun came out just enough :) The room was great and clean and just big enough. It was also bright and colourful! There was a wonderul beach and also a pool which was a little cold (but that might have been because of the weather). The food was okay, not the best, but good for a buffet style restaurant. We tried to gt into the formal restaurant, but you have to get up pretty early to make reservations. There was lots to do, we went waterskiing and did some of the sports. I wish we had participated more in the activities, but the foam party was so much fun!! and you'll never go hungry as there's always the snack bar. And the nightly entertainment was pretty good. The GOs were nice as was the rest of the staff. Met some interesting people there too! I found myself wondering if there was any way i could spend an extra day or two there at the end of the week. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to have some fun on their vacation!"

• Travel date: 18th July 2004

Excellent people, had a great time

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"We read some of the reviews here before going, so we had LOW expectations. That was the only bad part - the resort was excellent. ROOMS: We stayed at El Olivado and our room was incredible. We had a deck overlooking the waterski lagoon (nice, because no one could walk by and see you in your room). The room was very clean and well maintained. The staff was great, too. FOOD: Breakfast and lunch are the same menu each day. This is sort of like going to the same restaurant every day - there is variety, but it can get somewhat boring - but my breakfast and lunch choices are usually boring at home anyway... Dinner was great, there was a "Theme" each night and the food was always different. They had lots of fish and always had something spicy for those of us that like hotter food. Mild was abound as well. STUFF TO DO: I read the brocure: "If you're bored, you're not at Club Med". How true. We wore ourselves out each day sailing, windsurfing, snorkling, and swimming. Here's a list of activities each day: * Strech class / Aerobics * Water Skiing * Dancing * Circus (Trapese and Trampoline) * Kayaking * Sailing (catamarans) * Windsurfing * Snorkling * Swimming (both ocean and pool) Really, that's just what they had going on from 9 to 5. The rest of the evening was busy and many people stayed up until 4 a.m. each night. At 9:30, the evening started, usually with a dance, then at 10 there was a show, at 11 there was a party, and then the party went on (I'm told) until 4. BAR: I don't know what people were complaining about on this site: the bar was fine. Sure, you weren't going to get Chambord and Absolut, but you could get Jim Beam, Kahlua, Jack Daniels, J&B, Baccardi Light, Dark, Limon, and the list goes on. The drinks were stiff - plenty strong. They also poured a mean Margarita that I had quite my share of... PEOPLE: Everyone was friendly. Let's be realistic, there were some people that kept to themselves, and one or two obnoxious people, but no more than the average population. This is a resort for "normal" people, not the elite. The G.O.s were very friendly - they work very hard - 6 days a week, usually from 8 a.m. to Midnight is a requiriment - and they take their "time off" throughout the day - maybe they get 2 hours for lunch and 3 for dinner. I can honestly say I had the time of my life. I've been on cruises where I had a miserable time - this was great. Really."

• Travel date: 13th July 2004

clubmed

Reviewed 19th December 2012

"Great beach. Great staff. The food gets a little boring after a few days but it is all inclusive which is a plus."

• Travel date: 8th June 2004

Needs some work, but fantastic for singles

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"I spent Memorial Day weekend at this Club and had a fantastic time. However, this Club isn't for everyone, particularly honeymooners and homebodies. There are also some downfalls potential vacationers should be aware of. The accomodations are a bit sparse, even by Club Med standards, but adequate all the same (how much time do you spend in your room?!). The AC cranks and keeps you cool during the rare moments you are sleeping. Some folks have complained of a mold odor. I didn't experience that, but the AC does emit an odor (not offensive). I had a constant stream of ants in my room, but they were little and inocuous enough that I let them be without calling management. The plumbing is terrible. It takes several minutes to get the water to warm up and when it does, it changes temperature without any warning. When the Club was at full capacity, there was no hot water for almost two hours and no water pressure such that you couldn't even rinse the soap from your hair. I, and some other guests, also experienced problems with our toilet backing up, which management took care of within a few hours. Not necessarily the promptness I was looking for but they took care of it all the same. The food was truely horrible. I've been to other Clubs where the food was mediocre (let's face it, you don't go to Club Med for the food) but the food here was just plain bad. Its worse than bad buffet food. One night they literally ran out of food after 300 new guests arrived. Breakfast is always the best meal of the day, but I almost always slept through it. The nightlife is outstanding! A great party scene for singles looking to meet people. I met several fabulous friends who I intend to keep in touch with. The bar scene at the Club is really where most of the action is occuring. The drinks are fairly watered down (keep to Whitney and Daniel if you're looking for a stiff drink). Things really kick up at the disco, especially on La Palapa night. Plan on dancing until the wee hours of the morning. I don't think there was a night I got in before 4 am. This Club's best draw is that it is a full blown party scene. The guests were friendly and outgoing and looking to have a great time. The beach was somewhat of a disapointment. Its pretty small and rocky. Most people congregated by the pool, but after 11 am, it is impossible to find a chair, so come early and stake your place. Likewise, the acitivities were generally packed, especially anything having to do with beginners. Expect to wait in line, unless you are willing to arrive early (things get pretty busy by 10:30). Like Vegas, this is the kind of vacation that I can do for only a few days. Then I need to go home and rest. All in all, I had a helluva good time, but its not the kind of place I would think about if I was looking for romance or peace and quiet. Expect to party, hard."

• Travel date: 31st May 2004

Loos place

Reviewed 24th December 2012

"I loved cancun the week of april 25.The people were fantastic.I had a lot of fun There were many activities. The food was good.The drinks were great.Iloved the foam party.Iwent snorking para gliding played basketball tennis and volly ball .i loved it"

• Travel date: 16th May 2004

Staff could use a lot of work

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"I've stayed at the Playa Blanca Club Med (now closed, unfortunately), and had a great time there in 2001, not the least of which was due to the happy, dynamic GOs (staff). The Cancun Club Med could use a new set of GOs, though. Back to that in a minute... Rooms were fine and decent sized, food ranged from fair to excellent, and the beaches on 3 sides of the resort guaranteed a non-windy, sunny spot to hang out at anytime during the day. Activities, particularly the free waterskiing, were handled fairly well. Now back to the staff... for those not familiar with Club Med, there are two visible types of staff: the GOs (typically of French or US extraction), who socialize with the guests, and the rest of the employees, who cook, clean, and do the heavy lifting (Mayans). The latter bust their butts. The former do some degree of organizing volleyball, etc., but are more interested in scoring vacationing female flesh. Some brag about the 100+ women they've slept with in the past season. Others endeavor to such greatness, and that's where the scary part comes in. One woman I'd met was pretty much stalked by windsurf instructor Nacho. Despite her disinterest, he wouldn't quit trying to get her alone somewhere. At 3am, while I was in her room, the phone rang, and a drunken Nacho wanted a late night visit (he'd scanned the registration records for her first name and found her room number). She handed me the phone, and I had to threaten Nacho with loss of life and job to get him to move on. Plus, I wasn't too thrilled to have to listen to these whiners constantly complain about their jobs, how Club Med makes them buy their own drinks, etc. I'm the one while paying some good $$$ to be on vacation, and if there's any complaining to be done, it's their job to listen to me!"

• Travel date: 27th April 2004

Hotels near Club Med Cancun

Top traveller tips for Club Med Cancun

• by Sylvie B

"We loved staying at the Jade. It gave a break from a very busy day, and enjoyed the beautiful serene view every day"

Club Med Cancun is also called