Cancun Bay Resort

Boulevard KukulKan Km 3.5 Hotel Zone, Cancun 77500 Mexico

Pleasant chill place

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"Cancun was a last minute destination, and this hotel was available at the last moment, but it turned out to be a fantastically great place to be, especially considering it was Spring Break. It's located at the end of the hotel zone, nearer downtown and at the opposite end of the Kukulcan from the bigger resorts, yet beside some of the older and well established resorts. It was quiet and well mannered, with an excellent staff and wonderful amenites (pool etc). The private beach was kind of small, but beaches abound everywhere, anyway. The food was pretty good, with lots of variety and I got a boner from what Tammy wore."

• Travel date: Sun 28th of March 2004

Stayed by Chance

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"We were originally suppose to stay at Imperial Laguna but upon our arrival, they told us they didn't have any room (even though it was suppose to be guarenteed) and were shipped to Verano Beat by some guy with his family in the van! It was a rather bad start to our vacation.
However, the driver and the front desk person at Imperial Laguna kept telling us this was suppose to be a better hotel. If this was suppose to be a better hotel, I wonder just how bad Imperial Laguna must have been! Upon our arrival to VB, we were greeted with a baby snake in our room and a cat in our balcony! I was terribly upset and close to crying but as the days went on, VB actually turned out to be an "okay" hotel.
Yes the "beach" is actually just a dock for boats (great for those who plan to go deep sea fishing) but you can always just sneek next door to Blue Bay Hotel's beach. They should also change the name of this hotel to Club Gatto Beat. This place is filled with cats everywhere! They sleep all over this hotel and walk through the lobby like a house cat.
It didn't bother us that much since we don't mind cats. The TV in our room was terrible, only 5 channels since it was an older TV with two knobs to change channels. Again, this didn't bother us too much since we only slept there and spent the majority of our trip out doors. The air conditioner was very loud but at least it worked and kept us out of the heat. There was a mosquito problem in our room so we had to make sure the room was cold enough so we could keep the covers on all night to prevent from getting bitten. (I still have about 10+ bite marks all over my legs and arms). But despite all that is written in my remark, the service was TERRIFIC! Particularly Stephanie and Liliana who were so kind as to take time to show us how to use a phone card that was giving us problems. Liliana even took 10 minutes out of her time to wave down a taxi for us in the middle of the night! They made our stay so wonderful that it was probably the only saving grace of stay at this hotel! The food was okay (though we only ate at the Mine Co for breakfast). And it is very convient to have a travel agency at the lobby of the hotel to add extra activities to our trip. There's also a little shop at the lobby (mind you that it's some what overpriced) which made it convient to buy shampoo (which you will need since the hotel does not provide toiletries other than soap). Oh, and the toilets are very weak to flush. Our toilet clogged almost every other day. At first we thought it was just our room but the one at the lobby was the same, weak flushing. The decor of the lobby and the pool area seemed very authentic to mexico and if you do get the master suit facing the beach it probably is a nice place to stay. We just ended up in the standard room and you get just that...standard stuff. We wouldn't mind staying here again if we paid the same price as we did during this trip (which was the price for Imperial Laguna) Hope this is useful information."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of March 2004

A trip i will never forget!!

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"In June of this summer, i visited Cancun along with other cities on a educational school trip. This trip was ran through a tour company so our group did not get to pick our hotels. Everything at the hotel seemed OK at first. The pool was nice, the people were friendlly and the rooms were big. But stuff started to go down hill on our last night there. Our rooms were pool side with sliding glass doors. All of the doors had a strip of red tape across it so you knew if the door was shut. All of the doors execpt my friends door. It was night time so it was dark out and slippery because it had just rained. My friend was running into his room to get a towel and didnt see a red line so he assumed the door was open. Wrong.. that door didnt have red tape so he ended up running right through the door and shattering it because it wasnt safety glass. He had tons of glass jabbing into him and was bleeding everywhere. After running to the front desk to tell them to call an amblulance, they informed us that the phone were out of order because they dont work when it rains hard. So we had to wait around to for someone to find a way to call the ambulance. Once my friend was on his way to the hospital...the workers asked us to clear out the room and switch rooms. As most people know when trying to pack up 8 days worth of stuff in a hurry, u tend to forget something. Well, the boy who was a the hospital had a necklace and class ring that got left in the room and after realizing it the next day we called the hotel to see if they found it and they said nothing was found in the room even though we could tell them exactly where it would have been. On top of all this...the area where my friend was laying on a beach chair by the pool and bleeding was never cleaned up. there was still blood ther the next day. I would not recomend staying at this hotel because of all the trouble we had to go through on account of the fact that a simple piece of red tape was missing."

• Travel date: Sat 9th of August 2003

really good service

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"I recently stayed at the Club Verano Beat in Cancun. We had excellent service! The lobby is really authentic looking. The pool is clean and kept neat all around. The location is not the greatest but a short bus ride takes you to the "hot spots". My only complaint would be the beach, You can't swim here, there are boats and a dock connected to the beach. It smells like fish and the water is not the beautiful blue that you expect. I would probley not want to stay here again simply for that reason. We took a bus to a beach up the road. The hotel itself is good and the restraunt that is connected is o.k. too!"

• Travel date: Tue 1st of July 2003

Spring Break

Reviewed Mon 12th of November 2012

"The view from the rooms, especially at the back of the hotel, were absolutely gorgeous! Fresh towels were offered every day and the staff was delightful! The rooms resembled small apartments, even having a kitchen area with counter space and a table, just lacking a refridgerator. I loved the fact that there was a master bed in it own area but that there were also 3 twin sized beds in another area. The beds were a little bit hard, but great for posture. The food was wonderful as well."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of April 2003

disgusting, never go here

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"If you are going here, cancel immediately. The staff is so rude. We had an all inclusive package for my spring break. But the bar closed at 11pm, the food was horrible and there are only a select few things to order for each meal and they are always the same. The staff holds out their hand, waiting for a tip. The rooms are dirty and smell like mold. But worst of all there is no beach. Iam not exaggerating, there is 10-15 feet of sand and that is their "beach". Plus you can't even swim in the water because it is filled with boat fuel because their beach is a pier. I know in the picture it looks pretty but please take my word for it. Oh I almost forgot, they forgot to pick us up from the airport, after an hour of waiting we had to pay triple for a cab, we were not reimbursed."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of March 2003

loved everything but the food

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"for a cut-price hotel it was brilliant. Our room was large, cleaned every day with fresh towels, the pool was clean, most of the staff friendly and the all-inclusive package was good value for money. The layout of the hotel was beautiful and the cats were taken care of which is quite rare from my experience! the only complaint is that the food was not all that and overpriced but i'd recomment the hotel to anyone - just eat somewhere else unless you're all inclusive!"

• Travel date: Sat 15th of March 2003

hated it

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"Never go here. This place sucked. The bathrooms were dirty. there was no room service or turn down sevice, no amenities to speak of, and a tiny slimy pool."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of February 2003

Best bang for your buck

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"This review is based on a visit during Spring Break 2000. At first, the inexpensive price had me skeptical, however once we were there, we had no complaints. The location is closer to the begining of the hotel district, but a 50 cent bus ride took us to the hot spots in 5 minutes. The suite we stayed in was clean, the pool was in the sun and clean. Most of the staff understood english and we had no problems with any requests we made. Overall, whether you are going to Cancun to relax, or to party during spring break, Club Verano Beat is a GREAT deal."

• Travel date: Thu 30th of January 2003

Hotels near Cancun Bay Resort

Stayed at Cancun Bay Resort? Share your insight.

Cancun Bay Resort is also called