Main Pool

• infinity pool
  • rooftop pool

Five Star Service

Reviewed 29th November 2012

"My husband and I visited the Beach Palace from December 5th through December 14th and class this vacation as one of our best ever. This property is showing its age, but the friendly and attentive service we received made us feel like royalty. The waiters wouldn't even let me carry my plate from the buffet line to the table! I ordered one pina colada by the pool and the second one magically appeared before I could even think to order it. I LOVE BEING PAMPERED! Because we relied greatly on Tripadvisor reviews before taking this trip I'm going to try to provide specific and helpful information in this review. First off, ALL INCLUSIVE IS THE WAY TO GO. It seemed expensive before I learned that Cancun prices are spendier than in the States. $9.90 for a (not McDonald's) hamburger, $9 for a bagel w/cream cheese and lox, $15 for Chinese lunch for 2 IN A MEXICAN NEIGHBORHOOD. I don't know how the locals, who earn so little, do it! All-inclusive becomes an even greater bargain when you can eat and drink at any of the 7 newer, more luxurious, Palace hotels at no additional cost. Rooms: Try to get a remodeled oceanside room on one of the top two floors. There's a night and day contrast between the newer rooms and those found on the bottom 6 floors of the hotel. I would have forgone the balcony for the ambiance, and still enjoyed a stellar ocean view. Transportation Use the bus! At 6 pesos its a bargain. One evening we spent $7 to visit the Hyatt Caribe by taxi. Silly me! I didn't realize it was only 5 properties away. We walked back for free. Speaking of the Hyatt Caribe, they have a wonderful jazz combo there (been there 4 years, so they'll probably be there for your visit). Food: I really enjoyed the food, probably because I ordered shrimp dishes (oh my gosh, they had 5 inch prawns w/cocktail sauce at one buffet). I suggest grilled fish at lunch w/tortillas on the side (all you have to do is ask) w/pico de gallo and guacamole. Yum! yum! Conversely, my husband who ordered steaks or hamburgers was disappointed with the quality of the food. Tip: If you ask, Aventura Palace w/grill scallops and Ahi tuna to order, although there is no indication it's available at the buffet. Also, if you like wine, be sure to try the Mexican wine served at the restaurants. I was amazed at how good it was. Trips: DO NOT GO SNORKELING AT ISLA MUJERES. The Isla Mujeres trip was fun, but the number of fish is NOTHING like Hawaii and the crew way over-manages the swimmers. DO SPEND A SPA DAY AT AVENTURA PALACE. If you ask, the guy in the lobby will take $15 off the price of a service. So for $83 I was transported the 1 1/2 hrs, got an excellent hour massage, was tended by three handmaidens, ate a great lunch overlooking the ocean. Ahhhhh.....Saving $: There is a 2 for one dine out card you can buy online. If you want lobster (or a REALLY good steak) one night it's well worth it. This trip was business for my husband. He attended the Cancun Spanish Language Institute to improve his business Spanish. He highly recommends this school and its teachers. It only costs $200 for a week of intensive Spanish immersion. Finally, if you enjoy great service you'll love the Beach Palace!"

• Travel date: 6th January 2004

First time to Cancun

Reviewed 21st November 2012

"Best Family Vacation Ever!!!!! We Arrived on X-MAS Day and the hotel was over booked. Our first night we had to stay in a room with a king size bed and a roll way bed. We had two adults and two teenagers. It was fine knowing that it was only for one night. They were very apologetic and promised to move us to a new room the next morning. Our new room was wonderful. 2 beds, a sleeper sofa and a balcony with ocean view. The room was very comfortable and clean. As for the staff, I can't say enough. They were all very pleasant and accommodating. The food was very good and always available. My teenagers were in heaven eating and eating. No matter if we were on the beach or poolside there was always someone right there helping and getting us a drink. The service was unbelievable known that the hotel was booked. It was sad to have to leave. Even though the tips are included in the all-inclusive package, I do recommend tipping. They work so hard and get paid so little. We already are planning our trip back and will definitely stay at the beach palace."

• Travel date: 5th January 2004

Beach Palace was a blast!

Reviewed 21st November 2012

"This review will be lengthy and full of details. If you're into that sort of thing read on....We went to Cancun October 29th-Nov 3rd. It was at 20% capacity, but picked up during the weekend. Weather..sunny and 90.The Hotel: Beach Palace in Cancun was a beautiful place. There are three types of rooms: Floors 1-5 are family suites containing double beds and a "kitchen". We were told by other vacationers that their kitchen did not contain pots, pans, etc. but if you stay all-inclusive you really don't need them! Very typical small balcony. Floor 6--highly recommended if you want a balcony almost as big as your room. It's excellent for families without kids who don't need the extra room space. It had two double beds and cathedral ceilings. The huge balcony was approx 14ftX20ft and had two lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs and a table. We even slept out there on occasion. These rooms also had a jacuzzi TUB that could fit two average size people, albeit closely. Floors7-8 are king size beds with double jacuzzi in the room, but no balcony...just a window. We were offered this room initially, but I turned it down (which upset my husband terribly) because I wanted a balcony.The hotel itself was nicely decorated. The rooms could have used some updating, but they were still nice.The pools: relatively shallow, but the kids that we saw had a blast, as well as the adults at the daily water volleyball game. Unfortunately the sun went behind the hotel around 5pm because the hotels on the beach all face East, so all the activities and sunbathing died around that time. The pool bar closed as well, but that may be because it was in the off season. We just went to the lounge bar.The beach:.....WOW! The water was as clear as any I've ever seen....as blue as blue could be. The sand was so soft you couldn't help but pick up handfuls throughout the day. We had several people from other palace resorts visit Beach Palace for the beach. We were told the Moon Palace and others either have none or are very rocky. The wonderful beach was key to our enjoyment. Make sure you get a boogie board where you get your beach towels. Some days the waves could knock you over and riding them was so much fun.Food: good with a nice variety. The Mexican restaurant was a treat. Make sure you order Mexican coffees after dinner. It's a show in itself! We were also told by people on our vacation staying at other resorts that the food between the hotels was exactly the same. In the buffet area of the Beach Palace they featured different menus every night: Italian, Japanese, etc. These are what you would find at the Italian and Japanese restaurants in the other palace resorts.Side note: Xpu-Ha Palace, by the way, was part of our Tulum trip (highly recommended) and was absolutely incredible! They had animal habitats everywhere and it was terribly peaceful. Make sure you ask to go IN the deer habitat. We pet them and fed them leaves right off the tree branches. This is definitely a place kids and nature lovers would enjoy. They even had hammocks and futon beds on the balconies of the little bungalows you stay in. Their pools and beach were gorgeous, too. If you don't want to walk, they have trams that take you anywhere in the resort. The only drawback to this resort is that it is far (at least 30 min) from downtown and shopping.The wait staff at all palace resorts: WONDERFUL! On a side note, we were told that the waiters make $5 American for one 8 hour shift. When they tell you that tips are included, remember this. They are some of the most hard-working people I've ever seen and appreciate even a dollar or two here and there. You will definitely see this reflected in their service. Obviously they will be even more attentive than they already are, but in a different way. This is NOT to say that if you don't tip you won't get good service. You will without a doubt. It just seems that it is more personal service because they want you to know they appreciate that small gesture. I just wanted to bring it to the attention of those who are told that gratuities are included. I'd hate to see what these workers would make if they weren't!The drinks were great, as well as the bartenders and beach servers. They always looked out for us and had good advice.Entertainment: in hotel was average (karaoke, band in lounge) with the exception of the Mexican show on Sundays. Don't miss it! This company has beautiful costumes and do dances characteristic of the different regions of Mexico. We gave them a standing ovation! The included excursions (which is another reason why we chose these resorts) were well worth it. We highly recommend the Tulum/Xpu-Ha snorkeling trip. Both places were highlights of our trip. They did have bingo and other little things to do throughout the day. Nothing that you would regret missing, although the water volleyball was a blast!The entertainment staff has outings every night for those who like the nightclubs. Just ask Freddy or one of the others. One you must see is Congo Bongo's. It's very similar to Cirque de Solei(spelling?) and the groups from the Beach Palace have their own reserved tables. For $25-$30 per person you get cover charge and unlimited drinks. This particular bar was on the Travel Channel as one of the top five bars in Mexico.Transportation: The buses are a trip. They're an attraction within themselves. For 6 pesos (60 cents) one way you can travel downtown. Alcohol is allowed on the street as well as in the buses. An important note here: Once you give the bus driver your money..hold on and sit the hell down. When you get off get out of the way! They drive like maniacs but it is very safe and very fun. Remember to stick a map in your pocket. This is helpful in finding your way around. Downtown is actually not very large, though. People greeting you at the airport and the hotel as well give you pamphlets to look at. There are two thicker brochures (can't remember the names) that have excellent maps of downtown, coupons for shopping, activities, etc. I highly recommend you look through these soon after arrival.Shopping: Start at Plaza la Fiesta. You do not haggle prices here, and it is very low stress. Make sure if you like to haggle with merchants and will go to the markets later that you do price checks here. Typically you can get anywhere from 10-50%off the price of items you see here when you haggle with those at the markets. Mercado 28 was okay. Very high stress there. Not a lot of variety though. Same with Coral Negro. There was a market behind Coral Negro ( up the road from Plaza la Fiesta) that had some unique gifts which is where we found a lot of nice things. There is even a jeweler from New York (? not completely sure on the city) in this market who is English speaking and will go over with you what stamps, etc to look for on jewelry to know if you are getting real silver, etc. Don't waste your time as La Isla unless you like spending $300 on a bathing suit.Another side note: do not smoke cigars while you walk the markets. Every Tom, Dick and Harry will try to sell them to you, and the majority of them are not real Cubans. They've just had the labels switched.When you go to haggle, as a general rule, never pay more than half the price they ask for. Start bidding at a little less than half. We stuck to that rule and ended up getting everything we tried to buy. If they won't come down to at least half, then walk. Someone else there will. We never had to do this though. We just stuck by the rule. Also remember the prices you saw in Plaza la Fiesta as a reference. Those prices are very reasonable, guaranteed, and you CAN go back later if necessary.While I'm on it....DO NOT EVER buy any jewelry from the beach vendors. It may have a 925 stamp but they are only silver plated. In other parts of Mexico such as Puerta Vallarta you can get good merchandise on the beach. Not here. Don't waste your money or time. I learned that lesson the hard way.Another bit of advice...line up your transportation to the hotel ahead of time. We had to pay $40 and $5 tip to get to the hotel and were offered rides from every person at the airport. If you line it up ahead of time you just tell them you already have a ride and don't have to deal with them. We didn't line ours up and therefore didn't know what to do. You can take a taxi FROM the hotel to the airport for $17.Hopefully I haven't forgotten anything. I hope it's been helpful to you. Have a great time, and ask Freddy at the Beach Palace "Hola, are you from England?" with a British accent. You'll have an instant amigo!"

• Travel date: 19th November 2003

Loved the Beach Palace

Reviewed 17th October 2012

"My husband and I stayed at the Beach Palace in July and it was won-der-ful!! It was our first trip to Cancun. Thanks to the Beach Palace, it won't be our last. The Beach Palace staff made the trip the best ever. The food was very good and the service was excellent. We enjoyed the nightly entertainment in the lobby. The room was clean the "towel folding art" was a very special surprise every day."

• Travel date: 5th October 2003

Not a Palace - More of a Cozy Colonial

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"a little on my demographics so you know where i'm coming from. i'm a 39 yo white woman from boston and I brought my mom and 2 older kids. this is definately a FAMILY resort, which i expected and is the reason i booked it. If you're looking for a party atmosphere, stay at cancun palace as i did 5 years ago with my bf without kids. The lobby bar did have alot of activity at night though and there were alot of older kids playing pool and ping-pong together. There really isn't much entertainment to speak of except for bands in the lobby bar area. Bartenders were very good, but as with any all-inclusive, the drinks are just mediocre at best as they use alot of mexican brands and their mixers just aren't the same either. They do have jose' cuervo and smirnoff, but you have to tell them you want it or they use domestic. They also had jim bean for you whiskey drinkers out there. They arrange nightly excursions to the various clubs at 10pm. Also, older kids played pool volleyball frequently. I only saw a couple of babies. On the 1st day, we thought the food was very good, but by the 3rd it got rather redundant, by the 5th we were sick of it. When you go to mexico, nothing is the same as at home - even the eggs taste different and the potatoes - forget good ol' idaho. Everything's just different. This is to be expected with an all-inclusive. The mexcan restaurant offered really good margaritas and food was pretty good. If you want food and drinks like at home, and remember i'm in the boston area and used to really good food, then you're better off NOT going all-inclusive. But, as far as all-inclusive goes, Palace resorts does a nice job. Rooms and public areas and pools were spotless! Very clean everywhere except they definately need new rugs in the lobby bar area and seat cushions. Everyone sit on them wet. Staff very friendly and accomodating. The ocean view is to die for. Insist on one. Folks, the beach does not get any better than this! and i've travelled quite a bit. Big waves - not really suitable for kids under 10 while i was there. You are better off up at punta cancun at the Riu or Moon palace for calmer water. I did wander into the Rui when we were shopping up at the plaza caracol and it looked beautiful as it is brand new. No idea about their food etc. and i heard that beach is rocky. We also visited sun and moon palace. The ambrosia rest at sun was excellent. Great filet mignon. 10 rest at moon palace and lots of pools. Both are much further from downtown area. These rooms are huge! they have 2 queensize beds and a pullout couch. they'll even give you a rollaway which is a twinsize bed at no cost. If i had known how big, i wouldn't have gotten 2 rooms. it fits 4 people comfortably in the jr suites. It is as as hot as hades in the summer! on weather sites it says 90's it's really like 100 and reallllly humid! Go in oct thru mar. Chitzen Itza def worth the trip and included in the Palace tours thru chaza travel. Also did xpu ha - very nice. you can email me if you want specifics on anything. i've visited most of the palaces."

• Travel date: 17th August 2003

Beach Palace is the best.

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"We was supposed to be staying at Cancun Palace, but because of some problems with our reservation, I was then offered to stay at Beach Palace or the Moon Palace. I had done some prevoius reserch about the palace hotels and Knew that the Moon Palace is about 4o mins away from the main strip of Cancun and had an awful beach. So we decided to stay at the Beach Palace. This was a graet choice cause it was a much smaller hotel and not too busy and was in walking distance to shopping malls and about 10 mins from all the clubs and the downtown area. The staff were excellent. And where always looking after us. Our room was beautiful on the 7th floor overlooking the beach and beautiful clear waters. It was like an picture postcard. The food was great. You had the choice of eating buffet style or in the Mexican restaurant. The drinks were always coming. Breakfast was always a treat. I did go out to eat at the Moon Palace , just to try something diffrent. They did have a lot more choices of restaurants, but there were huge lines. We ended up waiting an hour just to be seated. This seemed to be the norm at this resort. I'm glad we did not decide to stay here, cause it was over run with guests. And everyone was on top of each other. Thank god we stayed at the the Beach Palace which I tought was lovely. It was friendly, convenient and very clean. I will be sure to stay there again."

• Travel date: 11th August 2003

Great Stay at Beach Palace

Reviewed 29th November 2012

"My wife, two daughters, and I arrived at the Beach Palace on July 14, 2003. Immediately we were greeted and assisted with our luggage. Upon entering the Beach Palace we were greated by the Beach Palace manager and he explained who would be helping us. A young gentleman came out and assisted us with our registration and explained all our benefits at the Palace and all Palace resorts. I cannot really explain how we were treated it was that good. We were then escorted to our room by the bell boy who again explained more of the Palace. As for the services at the Beach Palace I cannot say anything but "GREAT" . The food was excellent, the staff went out of their way to assist you if you needed something. In the main restaurant which is a buffet style they would prepare your main dish right in front of you exactly the way you requested. There was also one waiter who my entire family felt stood out above the rest and his name was "Mateo". He was always right there asking if we needed anything. He also kept my family and others entertained. My only regret was having to leave the Beach Palace and come home. I would highly recommend the Beach Palace to anyone who was thinking about or going to Cancun."

• Travel date: 28th July 2003

Beach Palace

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"This was a "sister" vacation to celebrate my two sister's birthdays.We thought the Beach Palace was wonderful service and beautiful beaches.You do have to pay for transportation to the other Palace resorts but well worth checking out the others especially for dinner, entertainment and swimming in the pool.Thought the Cancun Palace was a "fun and wilder" place.The Moon Palace has the most magnificient swimming pools I have ever seen. The lobby is absolutely gorgeous too. We were fortunate to stay one night at the Moon Place just to try another place and it also closer to the airport.Food was excellent at all Palace resorts. Was especially nice at the Beach Palace when the staff really get to know you by name. They also greet you with champagne and cake if you are celebrating an occasion.I would definitely go back and stay at the Moon Palace. All inclusive is surely the way to go!!Right, sis's!!!"

• Travel date: 24th July 2003

Nice hotel, but . . .

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"July 14 - July 21, 2003. We arrived at the hotel and was greeted with a warm welcome by the staff. Our first impression of the hotel was that it was very clean. It's not as big as the other resorts we've stayed, but it's a decent size. The Beach Palace is the oldest out of the other Palace hotels. Initially, they gave us a room on the 1st floor and we didn't like it at all. It was very dim, had a musty smell and felt damp. We spoke to someone at the front desk and they offered to give us a room on the 7th floor. We were very impressed with our new room on the 7th floor because it was much brighter, didn't have a musty smell and it had a jacuzzi. We were told that the rooms on the upper floors of the hotel (7th & 8th floors) were much better than the ones on the lower floors because those particular rooms are new compared to the rooms on the floors downstairs. Basically, it's much prettier. Overall, we liked the resort. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The only 2 negative things we have to say about the Beach Palace is: 1) The food. There wasn't much of a variety. It was just chicken, steak, hamburgers and hotdogs e-v-e-r-y-d-a-y. Their salad bar was okay. Honestly, I think the salad bars in New York City are far better. At least you get more of a variety. The food was also very salty. My husband, who loves and appreciates all kinds of food, complained to the manager and the following night the food was excellent. They had shrimp!!! (I love shrimp). So at least we can say we had one good dinner at the Beach Palace, and 2) TV. Boy did we miss our cable back at home. They didn't have many channels to choose from. The good movies they did have were all in Spanish. We actually got excited when we turned the channel and the Wheel of Fortune was on. As I said before, overall the hotel was good. But was it good enough to stay there again? I'm not so sure. They would have to improve a few things."

• Travel date: 23rd July 2003

Loved it!

Reviewed 4th December 2012

"I have travelled to Cancun 3 times and the Cancun Palace puts the other two hotels to shame! The grounds are beautiful and the rooms are spotless, not to mention the food and drinks. I have never seen such a spread of food at every single meal! And being a vegetarian it was a relief to see so many items that appealed to me. The drinks never stopped coming either. I would have to tell my waiter to stop bringing me drinks! This was an utter shock, especially at all inclusive resorts. The staff was tremendously nice and willing to do whatever it takes to make the guests happy. We enver had a problem and every single person working there was wonderful. It is definitely worth the extra few hunded dollars to stay at Cancun palace, I will be!"

• Travel date: 19th July 2003

Hotels near Beach Palace

Beach Palace is also called

• Beach Palace Hotel
  • beach palace cancun
  • beach palace hotel cancun