2.5 at best, much better places to stay in Cancun .... underwhelmed

Reviewed Tue 9th of July 2013

"Cheap Caribbean writes :" If you want luxury, this hotel is the answer. From a personal Jacuzzi on your private terrace, to an over-sized canopy bed on the beach, you'll relish every moment at this resort." This is completely false advertising! You mist be a VIP member for these upgrades (at a considerable cost). No canopy bed, jacuzzi. My first night: building 6: a room overlooking a dirt road and broken down fence, small patio. 5 minute walk to the beach, that is rocky and not well kept. The food is mediocre at best. Service is terrible. Only 2 people working poolside.... takes on average 20 minutes to get one drink. The vodka is some off brand, upgrade when you ask is Smirnoff. They will only give you ONE very thread bare pool towel, and it will cost you $30 if you don't return it and get your plastic card to prove it. I am not kidding! I was moved the second night to a better room with a partial view (which Cheap Caribbean guaranteed me in writing when I booked). to call the front desk at 4 PM because it was not cleaned my third day. I had The servers at the reserved restaurants clearly are trying to serve too many tables; so expect a wait. This "resort" is operating on a lean budget and it shows in the service, upkeep, and food/beverages. Many guests said they were stuck up front, with long walks to the water, some said the AC did not work or patio doors would not lock. I did speak with Cheap Car. and asked to be moved... I would pay extra for a nicer place. I was informed that there was a two night penalty from Blue Bay if I moved. (Only here 5 nights so not willing to eat the resort fee). This is my third trip to Cancun this year, I have been here over 9 times. They advertise free water sport non motor but when I asked to do they wanted $10 per person per hour for non motorized. Felt completely taken and ripped off! Also, the front building smelled like sewage. The front "sports bar" had at best 10 people in an area made for 300. The bar itself had 5 chairs. The outside pool bar up front was a service bar. .. no place to sit at it. No swim up bar, no hot tubs, ....one plus: the large pool at the back of the property is very nice. "

• Travel date: Sun 7th of July 2013

Worst trip ever!

Reviewed Sat 14th of February 2009

"This place is a dump, the beach is coverd in seaweed and the food was the worst I have ever had. $40.00 US to take a cab and back from hotel row. If anyone wants pic's of this feel free to email me at [email protected]"

• Travel date: Sat 14th of February 2009

Wonderful time

Reviewed Sat 1st of November 2008

"Had 2 weeks at this hotel and would just like to say that we had a realy great time. The food was great the staff were marvelous and we had a massive apartment with 2 bedrooms 2 bathrooms a kitcken and a dinning room that over looked a small swimming pool.
This place is not in the hotel zone and sits on its own at porto juraz but a small cab ride gets you into the hotel zone if you want some nightlife and the same for cancun, the hotel also puts on a bus at night for clubbing up town.
This place is realy designed for the older couples who just want to relax but in saying that there are plenty of tours avalable from the hotel and when we were there the age group was quite a good mixture.
The beach is lovely and the sea was great for swimming .
WOULD I GO BACK tommorow if i had the money "

• Travel date: Sat 1st of November 2008

Didn't get past the lobby...

Reviewed Sun 26th of October 2008

"We arrived at the Blue Bay Club (after a long, long flight from the UK) and checked in, getting the wristband and everything - and then the guy at reception told us they didn't actually have a room for us (we'd booked six weeks earlier so they'd had plenty of time to advise us before we'd spent the money to travel there from the airport...) but 'luckily' they had rooms available at their sister hotel, the Temptation. As we'd read reviews elsewhere saying this was fairly common, we weren't too surprised, but were anxious due to the Temptations 'adults only' tag as we're quite broad minded but had booked for a quiet, relaxing vacation.
Absolutely livid we argued and were told it was tough. And that we would have to wait 20 minutes for the transport to take us there. After around 90 minutes of hanging around the lobby we finally got the lift we'd been promised to their sister hotel.
Temptation was actually great - although I will review that elsewhere - but we were fuming at the way we'd been treated, angry at the way we'd been spoken to by the staff and the amount of time we'd had to wait for the transport to the pother hotel. I didn't go beyond the lobby, though my partner went to the outside bar to get a couple of soft drinks while we waited and said he was a bit put off by the large numbers of wasps flying in and out of the ice tray.
Upshot is, if you book this hotel and you don't have kids, do not actually expect to stay here....and if you get the same service at the front desk as we did, they will be rude to you for your trouble."

• Travel date: Sun 26th of October 2008

I went to this hotel with my cousin and...

Reviewed Sun 10th of August 2008

"I went to this hotel with my cousin and other members of the family.
it was fantastic, the hotel staff are friendly and helpfull, they also do excersise's and other pool activities during the day.
there is a night time show for the children as well as the children club.
i would rate this hotel and the staff as 1st class.
was the best holiday i have ever been on."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of August 2008

Had the best beach holiday ever at this...

Reviewed Tue 24th of June 2008

"Had the best beach holiday ever at this resort. Food very good and the restaurants especially at the sister hotel first class. The entertainment staff were incredible and as well as entertaining the kids all day put on shows in the theatre that wouldn't be out of place in the West End. Only niggle was that after about 10pm a bus took those interested to the Nighclubs in Cancun which wasn't an option for those with young kids and there was very little for those that were left behind. Also the actual Hotel is a bit away from the main hotel area and we needed the courtesy bus or Taxis to get us there when we wanted to go."

• Travel date: Tue 24th of June 2008

This Holiday was the most amazing holida...

Reviewed Sat 5th of January 2008

"This Holiday was the most amazing holiday we had as a family.

This is the 2nd time we have been to Mexico, the first time before our children and we had a great time then, this time with a children and this family hotel we could not fault in anyway, the kids club was fantastic the staff Roma and Karnia could not do enough for the kids. they were busy from 9 in the morning until 10 at night we could not get them back they were enjoying it so much.

The food was lovely and a great range of choice there is something for everyone. the rooms were so clean even my daughter sent the cleaner a thank you letter. There is so much entertainment there I fully recommend this resort for all family the staff can do enough. They also put shows on for all in the theatre every other night, and when the shows are not on their games in the pool bar to keep everybody happy and the family casino nights are great.

We will definitely be going back and we never do the same holiday twice because there is so much to see in the world.

This resort is just outside Cancun's main hotel zone which I was glad about, it does not cost much to get a cab into town or the hotel runs a free bus service. We meet a family in the main hotel zone and there was no entertainment for their children and I was so glad we picked this hotel all the staff were brill.

100% Rating, it should be a 5 star rating because you did not need to lift a finger I came back feel a million dollars."

• Travel date: Sat 5th of January 2008

Me and 3 other friends stayed at the Blu...

Reviewed Mon 31st of December 2007

"Me and 3 other friends stayed at the Blue Bay Club and loved it!

It was a very quiet hotel but then I think that is due to the time of year that we went (Sep is when hurricane season begins). The weather was good only had a couple of days with rain but the rest of the time it was glorious - Had the best tan ever, although make sure you are careful as the sun is really strong.

The hotel was lovely and clean. The food was nice with plenty to choose from due to the 3 restaurants and the staff were amazing, nothing was too much trouble and although the entertainment wasn’t fantastic there was always something happening to keep you amused.

The hotel has its own beach which is cleaned every morning and the view from our balcony was fab. The water was really clear and the pool area was also really nice.

The hotel has a sister hotel called the Blue Bay Getaway which is over 21's as it gets quite raunchy. You did have the option of upgrading to the Blue Bay Getaway free of charge, we did visit a couple of times and it is really nice and you can use both hotels and facilities which was good as you had an option but we decided to stay where we were as although the Blue Bay Club is a 4 star it was just as nice as the 5 star Blue Bay Getaway

The hotel is approx 15 mins in a taxi away from the nightlife and they shops. The nightclubs are AMAZING and at $40.00 all inclusive it was always a cheap night out. Buses run 24 hours and only cost 15p regardless of where you wanted to go to.

There is plenty to keep you entertained in Cancun. I swam with the dolphins which was amazing and only set me back $140 which is a bargain but shop around as the tour operators charge you a lot and the excursions are quite expensive.

Overall I would thoroughly recommend Cancun and the Blue Bay Club - I will definitely be going back soon."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of December 2007

Me and my friend went to Blue Bay Club i...

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2007

"Me and my friend went to Blue Bay Club in June 2007 and we enjoyed it so much that we booked to go straight back there and went again in November 2007! The hotel is very nice, the rooms are big with two double beds, bathroom and kitchen area. The first time we paid for a seaview room but the second time we got an automatic upgrade because it was our second time there.

The food is fantastic with a variety to choose from, there's an outdoor restaurant, two indoor restaurants and also a restaurant in the theatre across the road in which they have shows on 3nights a week (the celebrity show is the best!!).

There's entertainment all day long and night and the entertainment staff always get you involved (they don't take no for an answer!), but its all fun and good entertainment. The hotel is good for all ages, there's kids club for families with children.

And not forgetting the staff! you wont get any nicer staff than what there is at Blue Bay! The maids are great, cleaners, bar tenders, chefs and the entertainment staff which are fantastic. They play a big part in making your holiday the best, so a big thank you to Dario, Charlie, Kike, Alejandre, Martha, Hugo and everybody else. We will definitely be seeing you again next year. x"

• Travel date: Sun 9th of December 2007

It was the best holiday ever! Everyone w...

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2007

"It was the best holiday ever! Everyone was so kind and I had a fantastic time!

We really got to know the staff and our rooms were cleaned spotlessly everyday!

There was always something to do, and they had free shows starring the staff for us to watch every other day!

The food was really nice and it was different everyday! I can’t wait to go back!"

• Travel date: Thu 8th of November 2007

First I would like to question all the c...

Reviewed Fri 27th of July 2007

"First I would like to question all the comments previously made? This hotel is not even in Cancun as advertised in brochure and tour operator.

I and my boyfriend are currently at the Blue Bay Club, which we have booked for 21 days. We would not say this is a 4 star at all!

When we arrived we were placed into the junior suite which was very nice, but we were told this was our room for 2 days unless we wanted to stay across the road.

After 2 days we were clearly moved into a 2 star room. The toilet didn’t flush and the tiles look as if they haven’t been washed in a year! We are at the stage of trying to move hotel which is costing more money.

The beach is bombarded with sea weed and there is only about 10 metres that you can walk into. Certainly not what we expected for Mexico.

I would like to say that the staff are good, hard working, and very friendly. Just a pity everything else wasn’t the same...

Overall I would say we are very disappointed! And will certainly be taking this up with my tour operator when we get home!"

• Travel date: Fri 27th of July 2007

I went to the Blue Bay Club in May this...

Reviewed Fri 25th of May 2007

"I went to the Blue Bay Club in May this year, only just returned. Had a fantastic time.

The sports team really make you welcome trying to get you to join in with their games and anything else they do. But if you're shy like me run and hide, otherwise they don’t take no for an answer, all the staff were really friendly.

Slight problem with our room at first but they moved us to a junior suite with an sea view with should of cost $50 a night extra, but upgraded us free. The maid we had was lovely. Sheets changed every day.

The beach was cleared each day of the seaweed, fantastic hotel.

On the way to the hotel don’t be put off with what you see because me and my bf was dreading it with what we saw, and it seemed to be taking forever to arrive there but absolutely amazing.

Definitely returning next year. Can’t wait.

So see you soon Dario Charlie & pup Lola Carlos Marianna Adrian and Orlando works behind the bar at night and anyone else I missed out sorry :(

Had a brill night out with them all, so you must try a night out with them all."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of May 2007

Hotels near All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark

Top traveller tips for All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark

• atsbob by atsbob

"Colder than the pacific side of Mexico "

• Lbank by Lbank

"Demand a room near the beach "

All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark is also called