Foto Hotel nueva Imagen

• spanish amenities
  • swimup bar

Great Value!

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"I was here from 7/2/04 to 7/6/04 and must say this is an excellent value for a budget conscious person or family. The rooms were nice and clean. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast buffet was excellent and is probably one of the best in the downtown area. The lunch and dinner buffets were OK. I never got sick and I drank their purified water and ate their fruit and vegetables all the time. The pool is finished and is very nice. This hotel seemed to attract mainly local Mexican families. It has a very family oriented atmosphere and has many children playing in the pool and walking around. Not at all like many of the hotels in the Hotel Zone, which cater more to couples and singles. The downtown area is a lot of fun to explore but review your Spanish because most of the people in the downtown area don’t know English well and won’t even try to speak English to you. But if you try to speak Spanish to them they will go out of their way to help you. I felt very safe walking around the downtown area even at 1:00 AM. But I am a single male and not a gorgeous blonde so I don’t know how much more dangerous it would be for women. I can’t say enough about how nice and friendly the staff was. I did have a problem one day with my shower pressure being to low and I told them about it. Within 2 hours the pressure was increased dramatically. To get to the Hotel Zone and all the popular tourists sites, bars and restaurants there you simply take the R-1 bus. It cost only 6 pesos and is very easy to use and safe. I left all my belongings in plain view in my room and never had anything stolen. Of course I didn’t leave any money lying around but I had my video camera, cell phone, clothes etc. in plain view. I would definitely recommend this hotel for budget oriented people and especially families looking for a clean hotel without a lot of the wildness of Cancun. If you are a single person looking for wilder times or you just want a very fancy hotel then I would recommend a hotel in the zone. The hotels in the zone have to be some of the nicest in the world but you also pay for it. I gave this hotel 5 stars because it exceeding my expectations for a three star hotel."

• Travel date: 6th July 2004

Not going back to the Radisson

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"We got a great rate ($40 night) on the hotel's website. However, upon check-out the front desk employee was reluctant to honor the rate despite the fact that I had a printed confirmation from the hotel's website with the confirmation # and rate. It took about 25 minutes to check out since she had to photo copy all of my documentation and continued to take phone calls and help other guests while attempting to resolve the situation with me. The hotel itself was pretty. Our room was fine, despite the fact that it overlooked the back of the hotel kitchen and trash area. The pool was supposed to be open as of 6/23, but was still closed while we were there on 6/24. The breakfast buffet was very good. We spent the rest of our vacation in a Cabana in Tulum which was pure paradise and made up for our experience at the Radisson!"

• Travel date: 1st July 2004

Great Hotel in Downtown Area

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"I just came back from Cancun on 06/24/04. For our trip, we stayed three days at the Radisson, and three days at the Sheraton. I have to say that we had a good time staying at the Radisson. Located in downtown, I wouldn't compare it with the hotels at the Hotel Zone. This is a 3 star hotel (like howard johnson, etc), I would say, but for the price (like one third of what you would pay at Hotel Zones!!!!), it's a great deal. Someone complained that there are no beaches nearby - should have done research that Radisson Hacienda is located in the downtown area of Cancun. Staying at the Radisson allows you to explore a more authentic part of Mexico. There are buses nearby, as well as local shopping areas for great souvenirs. There are many good restaurant around the area (La Parrilla, La Bisque de Obregon, etc). Two of the most famous flea markets are in downtown Cancun also. You almost always get better deals at the downtown area. BTW, the pool is under renovation now, but they have free shuttles that goes to another hotel in Hotel Zone for you to use the pool (times were clearly posted at the entrance). My husband and I didn't get to use this as we used up all our time exploring the neighborhood. I have read that people had trouble finding the place - if you arrange for airport pick up (about 6 dollars each way per person), they surely know where Radisson is and would have no problems finding it. In short, we had a great time. Some of the not-so-good things were that the pressure of the shower was not good. Other than that and that the pool is being fixed, we found the service great, and the Radisson an above average place to stay when you want to explore the downtown area and culture of Cancun. Hope this helps."

• Travel date: 24th June 2004

Wouldn't come here again

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"My fiance and I landed in Cancun May 28, and went straight to the hotel in the evening and were not happy with the hotel selection. First, it was difficult finding the hotel as the directions were unclear and streets are not consistent in their markings. We both are accustomed to traveling extensively around the world, I speak Spanish and English fluently and my fiance makes his living being an expert navigator as a pilot and still it took us a while to find the hotel that was supposedly centrally located. Bad sign! We finally found it as we turned a corner away from the grime and noise of the surrounding neighborhood. The elevators didn't work well so we had to wait often, and it also made a consistent irritating noise in the lobby area that carried upward. One of the beds had a hollow in the middle which I found uncomfortable. We booked via Expedia and therefore the room was paid upfront for 3 days, before heading to Playa del Carmen, but left the next morning. We are avid fitness folks and found it frustrating when we woke up super early to work out only to find that 1) we had to pay for the fitness club--it was not included in the price; and 2) the club was not open when everybody kept telling us it would. The fitness amenity was a factor in criteria selection for a hotel. We kept going back and the person at the front desk kept changing his story on us about the opening time. Per the manager at the front desk, the fitness center wasn't even operated by Radisson to begin with. We finally gave up and went for a run outside which lasted a whole 5 minutes since there weren't any "safe", clean, or pleasant places to run. Back at the hotel, nobody could even give us consistent information about the advertised "complimentary shuttle service" to the beach club. There didn't seem to be beaches nearby (within 5 walking minutes) as was told to us initially. Finally, after spending 3 hours of our much-deserved vacation, dealing with hotel management and Expedia customers, we gave up and requested cancellation of the remaining 2 days, and our money back from Expedia which they obliged. In short, the price was good at around $48 per night, and the hotel restaurant service was good (the food so-so), but it was not worth the hassle we had to go through. Who wants hassles while on vacation!"

• Travel date: 7th June 2004

What a bargain!

Reviewed 13th November 2012

"This is a very nice hotel, and I agree with the other reviewers that it is beautifully decorated and landscaped. The staff were very helpful and friendly, and spoke enough English to cover for my poor Spanish. The food was very tasty. A previous reviewer complained about missing tiles on the pool bottom. Yes, there were some, but the pool was very clean and I didn't mind at all. The pool was large, and my kids had a wonderful time swimming there. Speaking of maintenance, the first room we tried had a plumbing problem, but the bellman quickly secured us another. We were a large party in two rooms at a time, and we noticed that the air conditioning definitely worked better in some rooms than others. The only real disappointment was that they had no connecting rooms ("communicados"). We might have stayed elsewhere if we had known. But, room by room, the hotel was spacious and comfortable, and the price was very reasonable. Mexico runs on buses, and the big bus terminal is only a few blocks away. Very convenient. Taxi fare to the airport was about 150 pesos, and Parque Nizuc (fabulous!) was the same. With taxis so cheap, why stay in the high rent district? The locals call Cancun "Gringolandia." It is very Americanized, and very expensive. We took a 1st class bus to Merida for the week, and had a better taste of Mexico for much less."

• Travel date: 22nd May 2004

Best for my small Budget

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"feb 23-25,2004. pros-very inexpensive, very close to the bus line, cheaper souvenirs and Mcdonalds is around the corner. hotel was nicely decorated, clean and customer service was fine, prompt and good w/directions. I would stay there again because it was cheap,but still comfortable. cons-I came in from a night out at about 1:30a, there was no water available, and wouldn't be available until 6am. The poolbar wasn't open, and looked as if it hadn't been opened in sometime. I recommend booking your airport/hotel transfers in advance, to avoid confusion once you arrive."

• Travel date: 3rd April 2004

Great Vacation - Great Location

Reviewed 9th November 2012

"And friend and I planned to take a vacation to Cancun. We had the airline pre-arrainged, but needed a hotel. Being last minute I used priceline and recieved the Raddisson Hacienda. I was initially pissed, Pricline accepted a high bid, $79 for a hotel I could get for $58 on any website. I went round and round with priceline and ended up with $62 a night. We wanted a hotel on the beach. This was my 4th time going to Cancun and my friend's first time. We were going to make the best of it. We were greatly surprised. What a nice hotel and excellent location. Downtown Cancun was way better than the loud, busy hotel zone. The food was better and less expensive. Drinks were cheaper and the transportation was way easy to use, whenever you needed it. The hotel was very clean. The staff always ready to help. The food was even good. We had a nice room over looking the pool and had a nice balcony where we had drinks nightly. We were given extra pillows for the week, plenty of bottled water to take with us whenever we wanted and a fresh supply of shampoo, combs, toothbrushes, conditioner, lotion, you name it they have it for you. The beds were fine, not to worry. Breakfast buffet was ok, not the best for $10. But the lunch more than made up for it on the patio cafe, many choices for around $5. We ate dinner out every night. We changed our traveler checks every morning, except Sunday, they didn't have the money due to closed banks. Our trip was great and will definately stay here again."

• Travel date: 11th March 2004

Pleasantly surprised

Reviewed 13th November 2012

"The Radisson was the only hotel in our price range for a last minute trip that had been given decent reviews. We were expecting much, however, we were very pleasantly surprised. The room was large, clean and provided all you needed: hairdryer, soaps, iron and board, TV and safe. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The location worked out great. We enjoyed walking to the downtown area where we found restaurants and some fun bars. We were also close to the local bus that went to the hotel zone so didn't have to rely on the hotel beach shuttle or use taxis. I would go back to Cancun and the Radisson any time!"

• Travel date: 10th March 2004

Fun But Not Great

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"The Radisson Hacienda has advantages and disadvantages. The location is great, I didn't want to be downtown with the Spring Break Party Crowd. I enjoyed the neighborhood markets and cafes. The beds are VERY UNCOMFORTABLE. It was like sleeping on a sheet of plywood!! The neighborhood is a little noisy, that and the heat/humidity made it hard to sleep. The rooms are clean, the water is safe to drink, and the ice machines on the third floor work just fine. The restaurant was very good the first night, and very bad (service, taste, wait time) the second time---in their defense it was Valentine's Day and they were quite busy. Use logic, be careful, and take anti-diarreah pills every day--. The food never made us ill in any way. We found the BEST restaurant, La Perrilla, and enjoyed most of our meals there. The mariachi band, the service, the food, all is AAA. We had no problem with housekeeping, just hid our valuables like I would anywhere else, and took advantage of the Do Not Disturb sign. I'm glad I went to Cancun--I had a good time--Learn a few basic Spanish phrases first tho!"

• Travel date: 25th February 2004

Nice 7d stay in downtown Cancun

Reviewed 9th November 2012

"The Radisson was a steal on Priceline especially during the last 7d of 2003. We stayed there over New Years' Eve. The hotel is well located...walking distance to some decent (budget oriented) dining options (Bisquets) and the grocery store. The hotel itself is clean and staff is accomodating. Use the currency exchange @ the front desk. It saved time and was often as good as swapping $ in the bank. The pool is so-so and so is the restuarants but, it is easily accessible to Pericos, El Pescador, numerous taco shops. The hotel has a beach shuttle that takes u to the Avalon Hotel and brings you back. In short, if you want to get away from all the swanky hotels in Hotel Zone I would recommend staying here."

• Travel date: 19th January 2004