Hotel

Good

It is no exaggeration to say that this i...

Reviewed 21st February 2007

"It is no exaggeration to say that this is the most beautiful hotel in the world. Set on the rocky hill top overlooking the fabulous bay of Acapulco the pink and white “casitas” have either a shared or private pool. Ours were two adjoining casitas with one private pool (shared with our companion travellers). Fresh hibiscus flowers are floated in the pool every morning. The large casita doors open out onto a patio a few steps way from the pool and we had a fabulous view overlooking Acapulco bay … you could lay in bed and see the bay! The rooms are spacious and clean with stone floors and walls – not luxurious but the view and the privacy make up for it. Breakfast of a flask of coffee, rolls and fruit arrives in the "magic box" each morning, and you never hear this arriving. Las Brisas is famous for its fleet of pink and white jeeps (some ‘autographed' by celebrities). These jeeps offer free transportation around the resort, and can be “rented” for self drive further a field, but the roads in Acapulco are very busy and I would not recommend this unless you are really brave! La Concha, the exclusive beach club, is a short drive away (transportation and entrance is free to guests). There is a restaurant poolside as well as swim up bar in the freshwater pool. There is also access to the ocean via a salt water pool. Bar and restaurant prices are quite high but a daily amount is added to your room bill which includes service and so tipping within Las Brisas hotel, bars and restaurant is not required (although staff are still appreciative of the extra if you do tip). Although taxis are ample in Acapulco make sure you barter, and the cheapest deal (if you can squeeze into one) is a VW beetle. You MUST get on the local buses, which run frequently (and there is a stop close to the entrance to Las Brisas) and 3 pesos will take you all the way to calleta beach (about 9 miles away!). Some of the more fancy buses have exceptional paint jobs, and there are several which I nicknamed "the Disco bus" which were driven by younger men and had blaring music – you will here these coming so avoid them – or enjoy them…your choice! You must see the daredevil cliff divers of La Quebrada, who do two or three shows a day at different time as well as a night time show with flaming torches. If you are in the Zocalo in Acapulco and are feeling fit, La Quebrada is within walkable distance through the back streets (although it does get steep). Do not be afraid to walk the streets, the people are extremely friendly and helpful. Sit in the restaurant/bar to watch them if you want, but prices are high and I think the drinks are watered down, or pay just a few pesos and walk down the steps and watch them on the terrace. Other places to see include, Coyoca lagoon, Puerto Marques, Calleta beach, Roquatas Island. This is the best place in the world, I have been to Acapulco 10 times, I stayed once for one month and although this is the best hotel in Acapulco, the expense and the fact that it is quite a way from “down town” Acapulco (and the shops, bars, beach, etc) means that for the majority of the vacation, I prefer to be closer to the “golden zone” and closer to "the action", but it is certainly a MUST TRY hotel and I highly recommend it."

• Travel date: 21st February 2007

Almost the perfect resort

Reviewed 18th October 2012

"In the last months I stayed at several weekends at Las Brisas. La Quinta Real is the best in town, but twice as expensive, so the best price/quality exceptional hotel is LAS BRISAS. And not to mention the delicous fresh milk and shrimps at la concha. The hotel would get my vote for a 5-diamond award if they could fix the following three points: - install soft heavenly beds instead of these current prison beds. - install new air conditioning, The current ones make a lot of noise - renovate La Concha beach club somewhat. It looks poor. But still my favourite in Acapulco."

• Travel date: 5th April 2004

Very enjoyable honeymoon

Reviewed 16th November 2012

"We spent our honeymoon here the last week of February, 2004. Our casista was in the Brisas Beach club category, we got a free category upgrade by booking the 'Mexico Holiday Breeze' package at differentworld. The terrace of Casita 340 has a great panoramic view of the bay, which turns into a magical vista of twinkling lights at night. The room was clean and larger than a typical hotel room. The king size bed was quite firm, maybe too hard for some. The smallish sized bathroom was covered in a nice tan marble with a roomy shower stall, but no bathtub. The TV's volume in the room is limited so it can not be turned up too loud and disturb other guests. The windows all have metal shutters with half of the windows only having screens, no glass so even with the shutters closed it does not feel completely sealed off from the outside, especially the sounds. We were awoken most mornings by some of the noisiest birds you can imagine. This was not a problem for us and added to the ambiance of being in the midst of a lush tropical garden. The casista was surrounded by mango trees, palms, banana, and many other species of tropical foliage. This also supports some native wildlife. We saw several different types of beautiful birds, even a pair of green parrots flew by. The lush hillside below our terrace was also home to two very cute multi-colored squirrels who seemed accustomed to getting handouts from the hotel guests. One morning we left the morning fruit basket on the table outside and soon after saw one of the squirrels scurrying off with a whole apple in his mouth. We were also joined for dinner one evening by one of the stray cats that we were told by the staff live on the property and survive on handouts from the guests. We only saw a few insects, one ant and a spider in the room, which was not unreasonable considering the lush foliage surrounding the room. My wife was startled one morning when she opened the butler box and there was a gecko on the coffee pot. When I tried to chase it out it jumped into the room and hid behind the built in dresser. The front desk sent a maintenance man to try to get it, but when he couldn?t find it they latter sent an exterminator who managed to chase it out and put it back outside. The food was expensive but considering it would cost two taxi fares to go anywhere else it wasn?t too bad. The room service was excellent. They set the table with a nice pink table clothe and everything you would need. The no tipping policy is a good idea. We did not tip additionally, except for one maid who did an exceptional job on the room, and did not see any drop off in service level. With as many times that we called for a jeep driver to run us around the property it would not be practical to tip every time. The beach club is very nice and we did not experience any problems with catching the shuttle. Overall it was a very enjoyable honeymoon experience. The feeling of privacy, the gorgeous view from the large private terrace, the private pool, and the pampered service level all contributed to the wonderful experience that we feel can not be had at a normal high-rise type hotel."

• Travel date: 1st March 2004

The Standard to which other 5 star resorts should be jugded.

Reviewed 17th November 2012

"My husband and I stayed there last November, I had high expectations from the las Brisas website and other internet reviews, but nothing can truly convey the experience of staying in this truly unique resort. I am a snob and I'll admit it, but this resort was beyond my expectations. The room was spacious, clean the maid service was excellent ( we did not tip them extra despite what other reviewers say). When on vacation I personally do not want to be overwhelmed with staff on your heels trying to help you but if assistance is needed, you ask and the task is performed in a timely, efficient and friendly manner I believe that is all one can ask. Las Brisas gets my highist rating on this level, as for its location it cannot be compared, we booked a private cassita and where up graded to a Beach Cassita, which are very private we were only overlooked by possibly one other cassita if they leaned over their balcony and looked in a 190'0 angle (not an easy thing to do), they would be able to see you. If your planning a trip to Acapulco for 3 days or 14 days I would look no further, it's not for those watching every penny but you will never forget your stay in this luxury resort."

• Travel date: 26th February 2004

Pampered in Las Brisas

Reviewed 16th November 2012

"We stayed five nights the first week in February and throroughly enjoyed our stay. We were a little apprehensive after reading the wide range of reviews. Las Brisas is definitely a unique experience and not for those expecting 2004 standard of luxury, it is very retro feeling and we thought a fun experience. We asked to be moved from the first Casita because the pool was in the shade. That Casita would have lacked privacy too. The staff was extremely accomodating in moving us across the road and we felt we had the best Casita of the private pool class. Total privacy and a larger pool with sunshine all afternoon. The view from our balcony was spectacular. Our room was clean and there was plenty of space, it felt like we had stepped back in time. We went to the Beach Club two afternoons and found the transportation back and forth easy to use. We enjoyed the salt water pool for snorkeling. We considered our stay a special treat, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful and made the jeep rides fun. If you like something different and know you are not going to a 2004 style luxury hotel I would recommend Las Brisas for a unique look at Acapulco."

• Travel date: 25th February 2004

What a view

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"Went over valentines weekend. Very private wonderful hotel. Pay a little extra to be secluded. It was worth it. No kids to be seen. The room service by the pool was great. Food was excellent. Every morning had coffee and fruit and pastries waiting. Every evening a small bottle of wine and snack waiting. Take a cab to the beaches it is not very far.Loved, loved this hotel!!"

• Travel date: 19th February 2004

Beware of Misrepresentation

Reviewed 27th November 2012

"The lasbrisas website marketing is beautiful - what a paradise. It's unfortunate that it is not quite factual. Do not be fooled into believing that the casita with the private pool represented in the website photo is what you will you receive. Yes, your room will have a private pool, if so booked, but the pool is not secluded: balconies from two other rooms overlooked our pool. If you desire a secluded, private pool, then by all means book a suite. We requested seclusion and a response from the reservation desk when we booked direct, but we did not receive either.Beware of another misrepresentation that is found on other websites marketing Las Brisas: beach access. Photos on several websites showed the rooms located above the beach as if it is one continuous complex. Yes, the rooms are located above the beach...across the busy main street in front of the hotel...and an approximate five minute shuttle ride down the hillside, through a private Brisas residential area, to the beach club.The shuttle, which is a three bench seat van, runs every 20 minutes - or maybe every 20 minutes Mexico time. Beware also that the last couple of shuttles each day from the beach club back to the hotel are typically full - people pushing to get on - and if you miss one, you have another 20 minutes to wait for the next shuttle. We suggest hiring a personal jeep, if one doesn't come with your room. I would have paid not to experience adults pushing other adults out of the way to gain access to a van. I expected better behavior from Las Brisas guests.Which brings me to the point of our neighbors in the ajoining casita who argued on the balcony and in the room - yelling and slamming doors - from approximately 9:00 PM well into the early morning hours (3:00 AM to be precise). Such disturbance did not make for a quiet, romantic nighttime swim in our "private" pool on Valentine's weekend. We do realize that it was not the fault of Las Brisas but it did negatively contribute to our experience nonetheless.We had room service by the pool the first night. Unfortunately, the food was not eatable other than the fresh bread. Affordable but not eatable. The positive was that we didn't pay $50 per entree. However, a pitcher of Sangria was $35 USD, which is extremely pricey for Mexico, and was 90% lemonade...no oranges, only lemons...and lots of them. We decided not to eat at the hotel for the remainder of our visit.Overall good service but only if you tip, even though you pay $20 extra per day to cover tipping. We requested assistance with our luggage when we called for the jeep to take us to reception. Because we failed to tip our jeep driver throughout our stay, thinking it was covered by the extra $20 per day, we had to carry our luggage down the long walk and down a few steep stairs to the jeep while the driver propped himself against the jeep with his arms crossed watching us struggle and make two trips.Pros: The magic food box is a nice touch. Fresh pineapple and fruit as well as hot coffee waiting for us in the morning was pleasant. Views from the rooms are nice...great if you are a photo buff but you have the same view from the Chapel of Peace gardens at the top of the hillside under the large cross. Rooms were clean. Beach club is nice once you overcome the disappointment that it is a distance from the hotel. But again, the pros are not what would be expected from a 5-star.The Net-Net: We have travelled around the world and have had the good fortune to stay at many 5-star hotels/resort and many non-rated hotels/resorts that offer much more than the Las Brisas. In our opinion, the Las Brisas does not offer value for money.Although we will be traveling to Acapulco regularly over the next several months because we are working in Mexico City on a long-term contract, we will not stay at Las Brisas again. Rather we will stay at Los Flamingos in old Acapulco (complete relaxation and service) or at Vayma Beach Resort in Pie de la Cuesta (total relaxation directly on the beach with outstanding food, service and nice ambiance)...not 5-stars but the service, food and atmospheres offered by both are fabulous and far exceed the Las Brisas."

• Travel date: 17th February 2004

honeymoon from h#ll... raoches free of charge!

Reviewed 17th November 2012

"Filthy rooms, cockroaches, spiders, ants and some other insect I cannot identify,(The can of RAID in each closet should have tipped us off). Bad food, overpriced shacks, dirty pools... shall I go on? Honeymooners paradise this was not! What a disaster from the word go! I believe that not only does this hotel misrepresent it self but that expedia.com is also responsible for misleading it's customers. My husband and I saved for months after our wedding to be able to have a wonderful honeymoon and after seeing what expedia had to say about this resort we were sold... Very dissapointing. However, after deciding to not even spend one night in this nightmare, we made some calls. The Hyatt Regency upon hearing of our misfortune, was kind enough to offer us a wonderful deal (much cheaper that Las Brisas) and a free upgrade to their deluxe suite where we were treated like royalty and enjoyed the remainder of our honeymoon in peace and quiet and BUG FREE! Thanks Hyatt!"

• Travel date: 2nd February 2004

A nice Hotel in paradise

Reviewed 13th November 2012

"First off, Acapulco was a complete pleasure, especially escaping 30 degree weather in Virginia. The High was 86 each day and the coldest it got was 71. Las brisas was very nice. The staff was wonderfull, one of the best staffs i have encountered. The rooms were nice. They looked older, as expected but were clean and had nice amenities. Beutifull views from the hotel, eating on our balcony was awsome. Deffenitaley a nice hotel. Beds were extremley firm. Mini bar prices were very expensive, 4.00 for a soda. The Las brisas beach club is a wonderfull place to relax. Overall an older crowd stayed there, mostly people in their 30's. The staff speaks pretty good english, the Hotel gives them english classes. Some general stuff about Acapulco.... You must swim with the dolphins at CI CI water park. For about 90 US dollars you will swim with them for an hour. They will push you, pull you, sing to you, jump over you, you name it you do it. It costs about $10.00 US for a taxi from Las brisas to down town. There is a travel agent at the hotel that will set up tours for you(She set up the dolphins for us).Bring some pants, some resturants, including the one here requires pants for a dress code. Bottom line, Acapulco is a great place to go in January, Las brisas is nice too, a great place to relax, with a great staff. If you want to party and get loud, stay downtown."

• Travel date: 30th January 2004

The best in Acapulco

Reviewed 13th November 2012

"Las Brisas is a unique Classy hotel located at the top of the mountains, the view, service and food Excellent . it seems nothing goes wrong at this hotel . The hotel offers everything you need for a perfect vacation . Spacious rooms with a pool at your door step what else can you ask for. Yes its a bit pricey. Dont stay here if your cheap and remember to tip your jeep drivers for taking you to the room and back. This property is one of my favorite places in the world. I will be back very soon. Remember you are in a warm climate take insect spray with you to Acapulco at night the mosquitos can be very hungry and you will feel it in the morning :) One very satisfied guest"

• Travel date: 25th January 2004

Las Brisas: A wonderful experience, top shelf in every way

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"When my husband booked a "discount" vacation in Acapulco, I was worried. With two small children (4 and 1), who are picky eaters, I was concerned about every aspect. Nevertheless, I packed up the suitcases (including one full of water and juice boxes and cereal and cereal bars-- which was totally unnecessary, as Walmart and Costco are 5 minutes in either direction). We arrived to a crowded airport with beer guzzling loud Americans who kept calling everyone "jefe". I worried more, but luckily, the taxi was taking them into the tourist places in town. We were greeted at Las Brisas by smiling porters, who quickly offloaded the bags, popped open the stroller, and whisked us up to the registration desk (getting the UA's back on the road quickly, thank heavens). Another flurry brought a shirley temple for my daughter, and iced pink cocktails, replete with hibiscus garnishes for me and my husband. Crackers magically appeared for the baby, and I began to worry less. We were upgraded to a private casita without even asking, and were delivered to our rooms pronto. A long day's travel from NY was immediately forgotten. Old? More like, classic stucco buildings. If not freshly painted, still clean looking. Steps down or up from the road, balconies, safe and lighted, a few cats crying for scraps and attention (one kept coming right up to the door of our room, but didn't go in). Hisbiscus blossoms floated in the pool, appointed the room and bathroom. We had no musty smell at all, and the sea air was refreshing and stimulating. The rooms were done in very nice rattan, with hisbiscus everything. The interiors have certain classic features: marble floors, tile, counters; wood built-ins, louvered doors and glass louvered screened doors and windows (so you can let the sea breeze in). It reminded me of an above tourist class hotel compound, as one might find in Spain, Italy or Greece. It is not decrepit in any way, and we had no issues with the age of anything there (except some other guests). Over the next eight days, be it in our private pool, or down at the beach club, we had a terrific time. We played with our kids, rested and relaxed. Continental breakfast on our casita patio overlooking the bay was our special treat. We met up with friends who have a place right on the beach (Club Playa something) so we didn't miss beach access at all. The kids loved the beach club. Hotel food was great, even room service. Every request was accomodated and promptly -- More towels? no problem; Jeeps to the beach club, salon, gym and reception were there in less than 5 minutes. The coffee was fantastic!! When one of our children took a fall, the hotel staff had a neurologist -- US trained -- there in 30 minutes (everything was fine). Another guest 's husband had a stroke -- Las Brisas found her two US doctors to see him and took her daily to the hospital at no charge. Any service that we requested was provided -- a crib, new sheets; more toiletries; ziploc bags; when we wanted to send a 50 page fax, they kindly suggested to us that we send it from town, to avoid the telephone charge at the hotel (which came out to about $6 per page, due to their very slow connections). Every one was outrageous friendly to our children, greeting them, looking out for them and overall making sure they were having fun too. My daughter was presented with hibiscus flowers for her hair at least twice a day, and by the end, she was tucking them everywhere. We saw several families with young children at the beach club during the end of our trip, and some special activities can accomodate them, although we didn't do any of those. The first few days of our visit were quiet -- we hardly saw anyone. The last few days, the resort was booked to capacity, with a few celebrities to boot. I never knew before how large football players actually are. The beach club was a little more crowded, but still had lounges and porters for everyone. Even at the beach club, porters will carry your stuff from your beach chair to the jeep station. And even kids can swim up to the bar and get a frozen drink. The only con -- and, really, not a con, since it truly forces you to rest and de-stress -- is the lack of a meaningful business center. The computer connection and fax serivce are, to put it mildly, worthless. However, there is a high speed computer center at Walmart, although faxing is still extremely expensive (80 pages cost me US$130, with discount), and their scanning equipment was not working when we were there. Water? We brought tons of PS minis for the kids, which was great, but lugging the cooler bag was a pain and drinks were only cool for an hour. Still, the bar water in our room was hot -- because of the purifying equipment. We brushed our teeth in the bathroom, but I brought a purifying kit to clean the bottles (and they sterilized the equipment for me a couple of times in the restaurant, too). Better to stock up on bottled water while you're there. Yes, it is true, the water is bottled in Mexico City and may have problems, but there was plenty of Evian on the shelves at Walmart and Volvic at Costco, so you can get outside water at a decent price. We also brought boxes of cereal bars, which was a big help, as our picky eaters don't much care for restaurant food (but they devoured the fish from room service). We stocked up at Walmart on milk, yogurts and even bars, and the first day's maid (who spoke passable english) was kind enough to unstock the mini bar fridge for us -- for the duration, and we were not charged at all. We had not thought to request a fridge in the room, but they had no problem offloading soda to make room for milk and yogurt for the kids. Tipping: We liked the inclusive tipping charge and wish more hotels would do it. Still, we dropped plenty of singles, especially to the two porters who ferried us up and back all day, which we were happy to do, knowing the relative labor rate. (Probably a total during the week of $30). We also left out money each day - $3 - for the maids; the first two days, they wouldn't take it, but we convinced them it was our compensation for the additional cleaning up for two small children. Every day, the kids toys would be cleaned up and put back together, even the stuffed animals were treated with a blossom or two. I would easily put the service level on a par with the best US resorts, including the Grand Hotel, Mackinac Island, which also has a fixed gratuity per room and is not even close on personal requests (but it does have a kids club). On our departure day, the hotel kindly called ahead to Dallas to find us a room for that night, as it appeared our continuing flight home would be cancelled due to weather. They also helped get us booked on a flight the next morning. Good thing, too, as by the time we got into Dallas, hotels were booked, and the next days' flights had waiting lists in the 100s. (They have an american express travel agency in the lobby that helps with such things and books day trips in Acapulco). I would go to Las Brisas again in a heartbeat. It was a perfect family vacation."

• Travel date: 25th October 2003

Hotels near Las Brisas Acapulco

Las Brisas Acapulco is also called

• Las Brisas Acapulco Hotel
  • las brisas hotel acapulco
  • las brisas acapulco