The Pool at the Emporio Acapulco Hotel

• private beach
  • adult pool

Love the Emporio!

Reviewed 15th November 2012

"We have stayed at this hotel at least 5 times, and keep going back! It is located on a great location on the beach, and the service and staff are wonderful. The pool is perfect for us...there are areas for sunning, but also shade for small children on both the deck & in the water (they also have an adults only pool). Hats off to Continental Emporio!"

• Travel date: 6th July 2004

Horrible!! Horrible!!Do not stay here

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"This is the absolute worst place we have ever gone. 10 of us travel each year and this year we chose to stay at the Emporio Continental. We were here 4 years ago and had a wonderful time. What a huge difference 4 years make. The rooms were run down and horrible. We had no hot water the entire week and No water at all for 2 days. The staff was rude and inconsiderate and we were consistently lied to by the staff and manager. Our toilets backed up and water all over the floor, air conditioners did not work, keys to the rooms did not work, food was overpriced and not good, charges to our rooms that we did not make. Construction AT The Hotel went on until 4 am. There is also construction at an adjacent property. Although the grounds and adult only pool are wonderful, the rude staff and run down rooms were enough to ruin anyones vacation. Do not stay here if you are looking for a quiet, relaxing vacation where you feel welcomed."

• Travel date: 15th May 2004

Disappointed this time!

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"My friends and I stayed at the Emporio during the week of April 27th. Unfortunately the timing was terrible as there was a strike at the hotel during this time. The access to the beach was closed off, thus limiting any water activity to the pools. I have stayed at this hotel prior to the ownership change and have had many pleasant experiences, so I hope this is not a sign of what is to come. My biggest complaint was that management did not do enough to keep the guests informed as the what was happening and when we could expect to go to the beach. Most people choose the Emporio for the cabanas, not the pools."

• Travel date: 11th May 2004

Go to the Continental Emporio Acapulco Hotel!

Reviewed 9th November 2012

"I just got back from Acapulco on April 25th. The weather was absolutely beautiful, not a cloud in the sky. The Hotel was beautiful, and clean, the construction was only a minor nuisance. Everyone in the Hotel was very friendly. Beware of the sun, it is VERY strong! Go to the Palladium nightclub, it had the best music, and a great view of the city lights. Overall, I was very happy, and found the people of Acapulco to be very kind and polite."

• Travel date: 26th April 2004

Had a great time anyway

Reviewed 6th November 2012

"Had a great vacation last week - beautiful view, and relaxing beach cabana's in spite of not having hot water for 2 days, then when it arrived it was brown!. When it turned clear, enjoyed a wonderful hot shower. The next day one of the elevator's was being serviced, and when walking down the flights, found a small service elevator on the side of the building, that we used the rest of the stay. We loved the warm, infinity pool by the beach. The staff was pleasant and helpful."

• Travel date: 24th April 2004

It's a meal plan!!

Reviewed 6th November 2012

"This is the worst place ever!!!!!!!---just kidding. I've always wanted to write that after reading so many other reviews on Tripadvisor from different places. But more to the point, this place was okay. "All-inclusive" is a misnomer, and "meal-plan" would more aptly describe the option. One of the first pieces of paper you receive is a list of what is not included in your stay (which is substantial). Water sports and a number of alcohols are few of the things not included. The food was good, not spectacular--we ate every meal in the hotel (only one restaurant option) simply to justify our "all-included" package. Receiving drinks by the pool was nice--"all-inclusive" people are not expected to tip, but I sensed it would have made a difference. The view from the hotel of the water (all rooms) was wonderful. Didn't notice the construction. The pools were very nice (especially the adult pool, to avoid the urine filled family pools) and relaxing. There were no flotations things to drift on the water, however. Transportation to and from the airport was easy and effortless. My only other "all-inclusive" experience was at Couples in Ocho Rios, Jamaica where that was truly "all-inclusive." I think I was disappointed by that fact with this hotel. Overall, I came back tan, rested, relaxed, and enjoyed my time--I don't speak Spanish but now I understand "That's not included" very well."

• Travel date: 16th April 2004

Paradise!

Reviewed 16th October 2012

"Our family of 4 (kids 2 & 5) stayed here Mar 25 - Apr 1/04. We had the best vacation yet, and plan to return to the same next year. Cabana's on the beach are great, cost $5 US/day, and well worth it! You must reserve earily or ask the guy hanging the hammocks to buy the ticket for you the next day. ($10 tip will ensure this request) You can be served drinks & lunch right on the beach! Jesus is the best server! Construction next door was no bother. Rooms/hotel were clean, most staff friendly. If you go all-inclusive as we did, you still have to tip to get good service, although well worth it. Always keep your travel documents in the safe in your room. This place is one of the nicest places in Acapulco, even better then some 5 stars because it is on the beach and the only place with cabanas. Just go and enjoy !!"

• Travel date: 2nd April 2004

I want to go back!!!

Reviewed 4th December 2012

"We were a little aprehensive because of the construction, but you barely notice that it is going on. Our room was gorgeous, spacious, and everything was brand new-the view from our balcony was amazing!!! The pool, the bar, the lobby-everything was spectacular. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I can't wait to go back after they finish all of the renovations! Make sure you eat at Ika Taco down the street!!!"

• Travel date: 25th March 2004

Loved this hotel

Reviewed 15th November 2012

"What a beautiful hotel. We were not sure of how it was going to be when we booked it. We checked the reviews on TripAdvisor and they were pretty much all good except for one bad review.Let me tell you, we went to Acapulco on Feb 27th, 2004 until March 5th. The hotel was beautiful. It was all marble. The rooms were exceptional. And, the service was so phenomenal. I was so impressed.They have 2 pools; 1 for kids and 1 adult. The adult pool is awesome. The only problem was that there was no bar by this pool but they have people serving you drinks and food (yes, sandwiches by the pool are included in your all-inclusive package). We payed $1179 including all taxes.Every room is ocean-view so don't pay extra for a so called "ocean view room". The buffet dinner was awesome. We had dinner a few nights by the beach but its advised that you get there early because the food is very fresh but they have heaters to keep the food warm outside. There is a buffet inside as well. Which is phenomenal as well.Breakfast is server 6:30-12:00pm (you can get them to make omlettes for you, etc...) Lunch 12:30-6pm and dinner 6:30pm-10:30pm. They have a really nice lounge/bar with live music. The bar serves all-inclusive drinks until 11pm.Don't expect Coronas in a bottle as they will serve them to you in a glass because they purchase a 1 gallon bottle for all inclusive folks.We visited a lot of hotels that we were thinking of staying at. Coppacabana was terrible and their pool was horrible. Continental had the best lobby and bar. The rooms were beautiful.There is construction going on next to the hotel but its very minor. You barely hear anything. Especially if you have had a heavy drinking night, you won't hear a single thing.A bit of advice. The best clubs in Acapulco: Palladium (stay there till 4:30 am atleast to watch the devil show and the fireworks). Mandara, Al Brije, Baby O's, O'Blue.O'Blue is not that good. Baby O's is really good on Thursday nights. There is Disco Beach club as well which sucks. Don't waste your money. Palladium is good every night. Entrance to the clubs is approx. $340 pesos ($34 US$ - average conversion is 1 US$ = $10 pesos). There is a scotiabank with an ATM right next to the hotel. All the taxi drivers have deals with the various clubs. The cab drivers will give you a coupon which will knock of $30-$40 pesos for entrance. Ladies can normally get in for $80 pesos (lucky).The following are the nights we went out on:Fri: Al Brije (should have gone to Mandara or something)Sat: Palladium (2 hours of hip-hop and the rest is house and trance but thats how it is in all of Acapulco; they love their house/trace/electronica).Sun: Mandara (same music as Palladium)Mon: OffTues: PalladiumWed: OffThurs: Baby O's (mostly rich locals from Mexico city. Beautiful women. Mostly spanish music and about an hour worth of hip-hop).More advice: You do not need to tip anyone in Acapulco. You will still get great service because the servers tips are included in each drink they serve you. The bar pays them these tips.TAXIs: normal taxi far to Palladium was $20-$30 pesos = $2-$3 US$. Don't pay anymore. They will bargain with you. But remember on the way back from the club, you will end up paying $50-$80 pesos because they know you need a ride and its late.There is a market right across from the hotel. Make sure that you bargain with them. They will give you a ridiculous price to start with. For example, I was given a price for a mug for $120 pesos. I bought the 2 mugs for $50 pesos. Just walk away and when you return they will bargain with you. There is a bigger market in the city (mostly local folks there) and it'll cost you $20 pesos by cab. Although people there will really hassle you to buy something from them. We found the market across the hotel to be more safe and easier to bargain.Do not use your credit card or hotel phone to make a call. You will get charged over $50 US$. You can buy a LADATEL phone card for $50 pesos and it will give you 10 minutes on a payphone. Thats the best value we could find.I really hope this helps because I was looking for this sort of information prior to my trip.Good Luck!"

• Travel date: 15th March 2004

the best yet

Reviewed 9th November 2012

"This was our fifth trip to Acapulco, but our first to the Emporio - I really thought it was the best hotel we've been to there yet. The main family pool is a large meandering lagoon with both deep and very shallow areas - perfect for very young children. There is also a water slide the older children enjoyed immensely. The adult pool looked lovely (alas, they really do keep the families out!). Outdoor restaurant, is still not completed (March 11, 2004), and next door construction is still dirtying pool with bits of styrofoam. But the food at the buffet was excellent and there were two theme nights complete with entertainment. Staff were extremely attentive, room clean. Only complaint- semi- wild dogs that hang around the hotel beachfront not as friendly as we were assured - one bit our two year old. We were also disappointed in Roqueta Island - alot of broken glass on the beach and my husband had his shoes stolen from our table. But all in all a beautiful and very reasonably priced holiday. Now Skyservice was something else...."

• Travel date: 12th March 2004