CR Acapulco  Pool

Loved it! Stay here!

Reviewed 9th December 2012

"My first visit to Acapulco was with my employer that took each employee and a guest (50 people total or so) to this hotel for 4 days in October 2003. The hotel lobby is really nice. The spa was amazing. My room was on the second floor on the beach side in the corner and it had such a beautiful view. There were lots of friendly monkeys and iguanas around, too. The cooks even made special dishes for us upon request. The staff had no problem taking care of all of us. I would recommend this hotel for families and couples. It's perfect for both. Try this hotel, you won't be sorry!"

• Travel date: 24th January 2005

Beautiful hotel in a beautiful setting

Reviewed 20th October 2012

"My family and I just returned from a Dec 26-Jan 2 stay at the Camino Real and really enjoyed it. Although we were there at the highest of high season, the hotel never lost its feel of tranquility – no loud poolside music, no wild nighttime parties. The hotel is in a truly beautiful setting. Sometimes we just sat on our balcony and enjoyed the view (if you are up early, be sure to watch sunrise from your balcony). We paid extra for a Camino Real Club room and loved the full, unobstructed view of the beautiful bay that it afforded (although several of the amenities that supposedly come with a CRC room were non-existent). Between the 3 medium-sized pools and the medium-sized beach, there was more than enough room for everyone (although we quickly learned that in order to have a shaded lounge chair it was necessary to go down before breakfast to stake out one). In addition to the pools, our grade school-aged girls enjoyed the beach – playing in the sand and tranquil water, and swimming out to the floating platform. Although the beach air sometimes smelled from Jet Ski exhaust, we enjoyed renting a couple ourselves so can hardly complain about the byproduct of having them so conveniently located. The restaurant food was very good, although service was often slow. We also enjoyed ordering from room service which cost the same as the restaurants and comes elegantly presented. Don’t miss happy hour from noon to 1 PM when the $6 drinks cost “only” $3. Our main complaint centers on the disappointing kid’s club. Although the teenagers running it were nice and several spoke some English, they did not have many planned activities (games, crafts) and basically provided simple babysitting (for example, showing Harry Potter III in Spanish). My wife and I had hoped to have lunch alone or take a short tour by ourselves, but our girls were just too bored with the kid’s club for us to leave them there. Acapulco itself was somewhat disappointing from our family-with-young-kids point of view. The high season traffic was simply awful. We took cabs (I cannot imagine where one could park a rental car downtown) into town twice, but quickly tired of the slow traffic. The CiCi water park was fun, the Coyuca jungle tour was interesting, and the nighttime view from the Kookaburra Restaurant was awesome."

• Travel date: 3rd January 2005

Excellent Hotel

Reviewed 22nd October 2012

"My wife and I have stayed at the Acapulco Camino Real Diamante on three different occasions over the past 4 years, the latest being this month; December, 2004. This is a quiet hotel with no disco music at the pool, or "organizer" trying too hard to make sure you have a good time. It is a hotel that is frequented primarily by higher class Mexicans, with some Americans and other foriegners thrown in. It makes for a very relaxing and laid back vacation. Our experiences have all been extremely positive. The food in all the restuarants has been absolutely first class, as has been the service from all the staff. Our experience with the front desk staff has been very good; eveyone we've dealt with has been helpful and speaks at least some English, some more fluent than others. Never any problems with the bellmen. (I do think that a little tipping goes a long way with the staff). I agree that the Standard room is as good as the Deluxe or Club. The taxi fares are a little high using the hotel cabs, but worth it in terms of safety and reliability. The drivers are professional and can be hired for the day at a reasonable cost (far cheaper and safer than renting a car). Talk to the driver directly and NEGOTIATE. Overall, the prices that you pay aren't all that much different than what you'd pay for an average hotel and average meals in the US, but at this hotel you are getting far, far better service and food than at that average US hotel. We love it and will return again. PS- If you go to Acapulco, try the Kookaburra and Maderais restuarants. You'll go back to them."

• Travel date: 23rd December 2004

a fair assessment of Acapulco Diamante

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"My wife and I stayed at the Diamante for our honeymoon between June 13th and the 17th of the current year. We chose this hotel because it seemed to meet the description of what we were looking for, and that was something quiet, private, and with a postcard picture view of the water and surroundings. There were three types of rooms: The Standard, Deluxe, and Club Deluxe. I thought that since this was our first Acapulco visit, I wanted to get the best service possible, so I booked the Club Deluxe. Our arrival there was non-problematic. Our taxi service dropped us off and the front door and the check-in was non-problematic as well. We were off to our room within minutes of arrival. The first thing we noticed was the view from the room which was spectacular and just like what we expected. The room seemed very solid and quiet. There was a burn mark on the couch, and the bed cover and pillow cases had not been changed in awhile, however. There were obvious stains of (you fill in the blank) on them. Overall though, the room was comfortable enough but obviously some ware and tear was evident. We only stayed one night in the room. The next day, we got a call telling us that they were moving us to another room due to "repairs" being done on that side of the hotel. We got our stuff, and they sent us to another room where the view was not as nice, so we called and complained, and after awhile, they moved us to a room with a good view, but the air conditioner did not work. So, we had to wait awhile for the repair guy to come. The food and the restaurants were excellent and much better than I expected after reading several reviews. We ate there the whole time we were in Acapulco. The service at the restaurants was excellent and much better than most places in the US. The food prices were what one would expect in a mid-quality American restaurant, but again, the service and food was indeed better. For the most part, the hotel staff was good. There were a few exceptions, however. Most of the check-in and concierge staff were college-aged and appeared part-time, local, and upper middle class employees. A few were good but a couple seemed to have a "whatever" sort of attitude as if we were interrupting their conversation as we approached the desk (for purposes other than check-in). My impression was that they really did not need the job but were there for some extra cash while going through college or whatever. But, the adults on staff were very helpful, with the exception of the woman running the hotel shop who would not accept a 10 dollar bill because it had a quarter-inch tear in it. My impression was that it would be more of a hassle to accept the American currency and have to give us back Pesos. They had no problems accepting that same 10 dollar bill at the airport when we left Mexico. The pools were very nice, and I while the hotel was supposedly full or near capacity, we never seemed to run into that many people, so it definitely had a private feeling about it. Would I go back? Sure, but I would not have booked the Club Deluxe room because it was no different that the Deluxe, and we only received the free newspaper once, and we only had one robe and had to pay for the cups of coffee we had in our rooms (all that stuff was supposed to be waiting on us and free when we got the "Club Deluxe" room). If going again, I would book a standard room and would not shop at their little store and avoid the desk staff as much as possible. The room view, excellent service and food at the restaurants, and the feeling of privacy would make it worth another visit."

• Travel date: 19th December 2004

Good for what Acapulco offers

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"We stay at the hotel 5 nights. We speak fluent Spanish so we didn't have any language problems. The staff in general was very helpful. They are always ready to go the extra mile. We don't like big and overcrowded hotels but we were glad to choose this one. It is OUTSIDE Acapulco, not in town... and that was a blessing because Acapulco is really noisy, lots of traffic, pollution... Central hotels even if better than this one, would have been a bad choice for us (note: we had a car!). Our complain about this hotel is the beach... We didn't have ANY waves at all...We actually went here when we read there was "surf" in some other review!! There is a very nice platform that you can go swimming.. the problem is the jetskis that are for rent just on one side... We smelled the most "pure" gas toxins of our lives there!! Those jetskis should be moved somewhere else! Then we tried to go for LUNCH to the restaurant on the beach but they were so obsesive about how wet we were (they didn't want the plastic covered cushions to be wet!!!) Would you put a restaurant on the beach and expect your clients to come in smoking?? Obviously the staff was following orders... a total absurdity. The hotel needed more cleaning, the halls were dirty and it seems to need some painting and touch ups...The view from our room was really beautiful, the restaurants are the best we could find (and we ate at the most expensive ones in town to come to this conclusion!!) Overall the hotel is a good choice, but Acapulco... was a big delusion! Don't miss the cliff divers... they deserve all the tourists attention!!"

• Travel date: 15th August 2004

This hotel rates right up there with the best!

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"If you are always on-the-go and nightlife is a must, then you probably should choose a hotel in the city, however, if you desire total relaxation and excellent service then the Camino Real Diamante is the place to stay in Acapulco! Because of its location in a quiet, residential area about 15 minutes from the city, a taxi or rental car is necessary to do anything away from the hotel. We found the Camino Real to be the best of both worlds – see the sites when, and if, you want and then head back to the laid-back lifestyle at this beautiful, peaceful hotel – an option that we found extremely attractive after a day in the hectic, hot city! We were there during Holy Week, one of the busiest weeks of the year. I could find no reference on the hotel’s website or anywhere else before our arrival, but be assured that the tap water is purified and safe to drink, as is the ice. We drank the water, ate fruit and vegetables, and even did the absolute “no-no” by eating lettuce! I’d be cautious in the city and elsewhere, but don’t worry at the hotel. We were never told that we couldn’t bring food or drink in as others have suggested, but were discreet as we would at any fine hotel. There’s a Walmart in town where you can stock up on bottled water, soda, and snacks, as well as other essentials. I’d recommend a trip there soon after your arrival and you’ll be all set for those late-night munchies without busting your budget! Many staff members speak enough English to get by; only a few times did we need “the book” – a handy Spanish phrase book and dictionary. They seemed pleased when we tried to converse in Spanish and eager to help us learn. We did not use the spa facilities except for the hair salon (ladies, beware, the humidity is worse than you might think – now is NOT the time to grow your hair out!) and even though Carolina could speak no English, she did an excellent job (hand gestures go a long way!) and the price was considerably less than I pay at home. Every single staff member we met was polite and helpful - no exception. It’s true, the meals are a bit pricey compared to what you might find in the city, but we found the American and/or Continental breakfast buffets wonderful and well worth it. If you go away hungry, it’s your own darn fault! The poolside menu was reasonable and the burgers delicious. While the evening meals were good, they were our least favorite, and you might consider escaping to the city a night or two for a change of pace. There are some excellent, moderately priced restaurants with a terrific view. We stayed in a well-kept and spacious superior/deluxe, ocean-view room and enjoyed easy access to the hotel lobby, pools, beach, restaurants, etc. and a magnificent view of the Puerto Marqués Bay from our balcony. It was worth the extra money to us, but I suspect the standard rooms are nice as well. Maid service was always completed early in the day and requests for extra towels, etc. were not a problem. The water pressure in the shower was s-u-p-e-r! I’d grade the room an “A.” It’d get an “A+” except that the bed was too hard for our liking, the bath towels were rough on sunburned bodies (fabric softener would’ve been a nice touch) and the room had no clock (except if one turned the television on – not a good thing to do to your sleeping spouse in the middle of the night!). Those are minor complaints and wouldn’t prevent us from going back to this fabulous, first-rate hotel."

• Travel date: 13th April 2004

beautiful; only a few complaints

Reviewed 18th November 2012

"Our family of five stayed a week at the Camino Real the second week of March. The hotel was beautiful. As far as we could tell, all rooms had an ocean view. Many of the other hotel guests were the well-off Mexican families. Our maid was prompt, and for a small tip (20 pesos) she really went the extra mile. One disappointment was the beach at the hotel. The beach was very small and rocky and the surf was very rough. It was not a place where you could relax under your umbrella and watch the kids play in the sand. The surf actually knocked our six-year-old over and there were dead fish that kept washing up - yuck. However, the pools were very nice with a two-foot depth pool for young children. We also made several side trips to the beach in the center of town and also revolcadero beach; these were much nicer; although not private. Although it was nice to be removed from all the college kids and crowds in the center of town, you are also required to take a taxi at $10 - 12 each way. If you don't have transportation to the strip (either taxi or rental car) you have to eat at the restaurants at the hotel at approximately $20 per person per meal with the food being only fair. So, we ended up renting a car at about $60/day for a cheap little Nissan. The driving is CRAZY there so be careful! We did stop at the "Super Gigante" to stock up on breakfast food etc. We were warned by a very nice bellman not to carry the food in past the front desk. So, we carried our large beach bag everywhere and brought our food in that way. And finally, I did not use the fitness facility, but I noticed a sign on the door stating it is 50 pesos for a half hour of usage (that maybe explains why it was always empty). Overall, it was a great place for a family to be, no disturbances at night, no difficulties with spring breakers, but it had a few drawbacks too. However, I'm not sure that there were any hotels on the strip that were of the same quality as Camino Real. So, decide what is important to you. We would stay again."

• Travel date: 22nd March 2004

A Peaceful, Picture Perfect Vacation

Reviewed 18th October 2012

"Just got back from a 7 night stay at this hotel. The hotel was beautiful. The view from your room and the pool was breathtaking. The staff was accomodating and spoke enough english to communicate. I think it was a plus that this hotel is not on the main strip - it was nice to be in a more secluded spot. I do recommend renting a car - it turned out more affordable than taking taxis into town (which can range from $10-$12) and gave us an opportunity to explore. We didn't have any problems bringing outside food into the hotel, as other reviewers did. We were a little disappointed with the restaurants in the hotel; they were a little overpriced and the food was fair at best. If you are looking for a relaxing, peaceful vacation, this hotel is perfect."

• Travel date: 11th March 2004

Good But Not Great

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"Have been to Mexico six times and found this resort to be just o.k. The view from the Club Rooms and the room itself is very nice and very clean. The problem I had was with the staff. Only two staff members spoke enough english to be able to communicate. The food was very good but the pool staff is not so friendly. I didn't find it worth the extra$ for the Club Room. We find Cancun a much much better value with blue, blue water. Would reccomend the Cancun Palace to everyone."

• Travel date: 8th March 2004

Very nice but very expensive

Reviewed 18th November 2012

"The Camino Real is a beautiful hotel. The rooms are over average and attention is put to details. The service was so-so at the reception, but the rest of the staff was nice. On the small private beach, you don't get bothered by people trying to sell you things all the time, as it is usually in the Acapulco Bay area. The hotel is located on a hill, and the path to the beach below is filled with spots with beach chairs. The surrounding is very calm and the view is awesome. The disappointment came from the prices of everything in that hotel. As good as the food is, it is really overpriced. With my girlfriend, we had Enchiladas, a Tortas and 2 Pina Coladas for a grand total of 40$ US. That is way overpriced, the same food in the city would cost half the price. The morning buffet was 20$ US a piece, compared to 11$ in other hotels in the city. The water in the hotel room was 3.50$ US a bottle, compared to 1.50$ in other hotels in the city. Overall, this hotel is very nice, but way overpriced for everything except the room, which is worth every penny."

• Travel date: 29th February 2004

Hotels near Camino Real Acapulco Diamante

Camino Real Acapulco Diamante is also called

• Camino Real Acapulco Diamante Hotel
  • camino real hotel acapulco
  • camino real resort acapulco