About Calinda Beach Acapulco

• salon
  • shops amenities
  • parking garage
  • gift shop amenities
  • paid public parking nearby
  • spanish amenities
  • atm on site
  • private beach

Beautiful view

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"If you want a cheap resort that has it all this is the sure bet.At $80 a night I think the value is very good.The rooms are big , bright and clean. The view from the ocean rooms is picture perfect.Location is great for walking to restaurants, bars (check out paradise),grocery stores , etc.

Now the bad parts. It helps if you can speak some spanish. Even a simple english-spanish book will come in handy.Try to check in at off times the line ups can be long and slow.Weekends are busy.We ventured to some of the smaller restaurants near the hotel the food quality was great, cheap and someof the best tasting food we had our whole trip."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of February 2006

JUST CAME BACK AND GOING BACK THERE AGAIN!!

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"OMG!! first of all let me tell u acapulco is the place to party! so before booking my tickets ive read bad reviews about this hotel and i gotta say i took the chance to go and stay there for a week! i am so glad i didnt regret that choice ,its a VERYY nice hotel ,clean, staff VERYYY friendly,located in the middle of the best nightclubs ,restaurants , and a few steps of the shopping district, and located exactly on the beach, and they have 2 dj's on the pool and a bar!!.... anyways all i have to say is a veryy good place when ur a bunch of people who wanna go have fun! so whatever happens in acapulco stays in acapulco! have fun at the calinda beach hotel i promise u wont regret it!"

• Travel date: Sat 21st of January 2006

Just Right

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Our first Mexico trip went very well. Front desk spoke some English, room was clean, about what you would expect from an average hotel. We were on the 21st floor and did not hear the street very much except for sirens. Pool is nice with swim up bar. All inclusive food gets the job done, French fries, chicken strips, and mostly edible food. Never got sick once. We did not drink the tap water (At the bar you can get bottles of water). They play loud music at the pool pretty much all day so it's not the most relaxing place. The beach below is nice except you get bothered by vendors A LOT. Stick to the pool and go the beach for walks and jet skiing. In the evening the bar was open to 11pm+ and had live music on the weekends. Good way to start off before you go out to the clubs. The setup is easy to figure out and it was a very pleasant experience overall.

Decent food, good service (Better with tips), clean rooms with good A/C, Good location (Walk to Disco Beach)."

• Travel date: Sun 15th of January 2006

Great Stay On the Beach

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"Calinda Hotel presented an enjoyable experience for our group that traveled in the latter part of May. Being a rowdy bunch of people, we made sure we utilized all the hotel had to offer. Service was at a drop of a hat, and when we accidentally locked everything in our lock box, someone was there immediately to help us retrieve our mistake. Breakfast was especially delightful. They offered a wide variety of amercanized and typical mexican breakfast items and allowed you to create your own dishes depending on your taste. This hotel is usually booked to capacity yet does not always show this in its ammenities. There is no overcrowding in the pools or in the hot tubs, this may be due to the great access to the beach. Once on the beach, hotel staff willingly assist you in enjoying your experience by summoning up jet ski's, parasailing, or scuba diving. These activities are at a reasonable price and the scuba diving will give you memories that last a lifetime. The atmosphere is pleasant and you are treated as if you belong. Definately recommend this hotel for first time vacationers to the wonderous beaches of acapulco."

• Travel date: Wed 20th of April 2005

Great employees but bad managers!

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"The pros

The actual hotel is nice. Good location in the middle between the laid back clubs and the fancy clubs. A cab ride to either would only take 10 min at the most. The cleaning ladies were the best! The waiters by the pool always nice. The pool could have been bigger. I went there this past week and the hotel was so packed that we never found lawn chair. The rooms are very nice and clean.

The cons

The elevators were slow. Very slow! Sometimes waited for like 10 minutes to either go up or down. The elevators also need AC in them. They were so hot that I would sweat even before leaving the hotel. The business center consists of one computer with internet access.

Finally, the general administration was bad. Very money hungry. For a late check out we were charged 30 dollars. We had so many problems checking in and then had to pay additional money because we had additonal people.

Overall, I would like to see what the other hotels have to offer around the same price range. But if need be I would stay once again at the calinda."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of March 2005

Enjoyable spring break at Calinda

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"My friends and I stayed at Calinda for a week in March for Spring Break. After reading some of the reviews, we were expecting a really horrible hotel. However, we were quite pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel. Here's a summary:

*this is definitely not a luxury hotel... many of the people who stayed there seemed more like local Mexican families than tourists travelling from abroad, so it was more of a "locals" kind of hotel.
* Nevertheless, hotel lobby was large, open-air setting, and there was a live band playing a few nights out of the week while we were there. Hotel is very clean, we would always see people cleaning and mopping the floors at all times of the day.

*ROOM: very spacious, clean, separate sink and shower area. Every room has a balcony, and we had a lovely view of the ocean and beach. Beds weren't super comfy.. but was decent. Sheets were clean (thank God!)
*House-cleaning was very good... we had a really nice lady clean our room every day. We left her a $2USD tip every day... and our room was always cleaned very well.

*Hotel pool was pretty nice... not HUGE, but a good size. Go at the end of the day, the pool is really nice and warm. Nice way to end the day.
*Plenty of beach chairs everywhere. Hotel is right on the beach which is quite convenient. Hotel provides beach umbrellas and chairs... but they can run out in the afternoon.

Overall we were quite pleased with the hotel. In terms of location, Calinda is in the middle of a lot... but not quite next anything. Most of the places you want to go to (bars, restaurants, Super Gigante) are within a 15 min walk. Good choice for those travelling on a budget... or for spring breakers who want to enjoy themselves, but don't want to be living in the craziness/noisiness of spring break. Again, not a super fancy, luxury hotel... but its clean, good sized, and never had any problems with hotel mgmt."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of March 2005

Good for week days

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"My friends and I stayed at the Calinda Acapulco hotel just for two days, february 7th. Our impression was better than we expected after reading the reviews at trip advisor. Although we cannot say it is a 4* hotel it's good for the price you pay. Rooms are big enough, no smell, no dirty, you can enjoy your breakfast in the open air restaurant. The pool is really small according to the number of rooms but good for the week days with low occupancy."

• Travel date: Sun 13th of February 2005

Good Hotel

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"I stay at the Calinda Beach Hotel every year. A large group from Chicago goes every year at the same time in February. We always have the best service and the rooms are always cleaned on time and are never left dirty and the towels are always clean. The ocean view is wonderful and the strip itself is noisy so you cannot get away from the noise even on the 26th floor. You can hear the street even at the Hyatt. As with any hotel there are problems; the pool is not that great and the elevators are slow. But the Hyatt has rooms that flood and the customer services stinks. So you do not always get better service if you pay more for it."

• Travel date: Thu 27th of January 2005

Terrible hotel, would never go back even for free!!!

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"I stayed there during the week of New Year's 2004 for 8 days. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, I would not go there again even if it was free. The towels had holes, one day the set I received were stained with blood!!! I had to call the front desk each night (2-3times on average) to request towels because they never left any. The room smelled like urine and humidity. The phone smelled like that too, I was not able to use it much due to the terrible smell. The beds were twin size (not queen like they said) and the matress was horrible (if you can even call that a matress). My room faced the mountain, and it was VERY noisy from the avenue below, eventhough I was in the 21st floor. The pool was very small and not clean, I ended up not getting in. The food in the restaurant was expensive and not even good. The service at the front desk was rude and not helpfull at all. I could go on, but you get my point. I WOULD NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 13th of January 2005

NOT A 4**** HOTEL

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"We have stayed at Calinda Hotel from 24th 'til 27th August 2004 taking advantage of an offer "pay 2 nights stay 3".... total deal 90$...it sounds great for a ****star hotel , rooms are big and clean but ....the truth is that ammenities such as swimming pool are small and unpleasant,
Moreover the clean room service did not clean our room in these 3 days because they did not show up at our room 'til 16:00pm, just in time to annoy our siesta even with the "do not disturb" signal hanged on our door.

The hotel's offer is wide in Acapulco so we will definitely bet for a stay in Hyatt Hotel, a little more expensive but much more what you pay for."

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of September 2004