Good

A fantastic stay again ;-)

Reviewed Mon 17th of September 2012

"Stayed for 9 nights all inclusive. The rooms were great, big comfy beds and pillows. Toiletries, tea and coffee provided. A great selection of food and drinks. A great holiday it was our second stay. The staff can't do enough for you always happy and smiling. Only negative is that it is out of the way so you need a bus or taxi to go to the mall or Dubai. Be aware the weather is very very hot in August. We will return in November next time has the weather is cooler."

• Travel date: Sun 16th of September 2012

Great time for all

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"The Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa is a great resort. The hotel is laid out in free-standing chalets, with 4 guest rooms per chalet. The chalets are spread out in well maintained gardens. Ours (room 736) was near the restaurant end of the resort and had a playground and pool near it which was very convenient. Our spacious room was on the ground floor with grass in front of it leading directly onto the beach. The well appointed bathroom was a good size. The decor was light and airy. The main pool with the water slide for the children was at the other end of the resort but only a lovely walk on the beach away or a golf cart ride away.
I thought the buffet meals were good although my friend thought they could have been better. Children under 12 (I think) ate the buffet meals free of charge. The food at the main pool was very good and I still dream of their Caesar salad. The staff were very helpful and professional. I would go back to the Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa in a flash."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of March 2008

BEAUTIFUL HILTON RESORT

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Ras Al Khaimah resort from February 1 -12, 2008 for a nice winter break.
Unfortunately the weather was a bit upset, never happened in the Emirates, was a bit windy but after a few days the weather became a lot better.
Besides this we had an fabulous stay in a Junior Suite in one of the Resort villa's with direct entrance to the beach which was very clean and well kept by the beach boys. There are life guards at the beach the whole day to keep an eye on children or people who want to swim, even in this period when it was not too busy.
A nice bar/restaurant The Dome at the beach with sometimes live music was great to have a small lunch or drinks. Roomservice even came by on the beach to serve food and/or drinks in your beach chair.
The restaurant at the end of the beach and the villa's has a nice roof top bar, overlooking the sea and besides the buffet they serve a la carte as well.
It is a bit of a walk to either the restaurant or the reception desk along the villa's but Resort club cars are driving along all the time, so you can hop on if you would like to. You can even give them a ring and they will pick you up, but we loved to have a bit of a walk sometimes.
The only thing we felt was missing, was a greater variety of restaurants, but this will be solved when the resort Hotel will be finished. This is being built at this moment behind the villa's but we were not in any way disturbed by noise or anything else from the building site.
We even got a 30 minute voucher for a massage in the Spa, which is gorgeous, a lovely Indian lady gave me a special öil dripping" massage. You should really try this. The Spa has separate rooms for men and ladies which was a disappointment for my husband and me but in these countries it is not allowed to have one for men and women together.
The Resort staff is superb and helpful, they really treat you as important guests, everyone greets you, not one exception.
We played golf at the Tower Link Golf Club a few times which is a nice course and you can get a nice discount when you book through the Hilton.
We definitely will be back for a winter break!!!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 20th of February 2008

Fabulous!

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"My husband, 20 month old daughter and I stayed here for 9 nights. I loved it. It is probably one of my favorite places I have ever stayed. The villas are beautiful and the grounds are well kept. The beach is lovely with fine white sand and crystal clear water. The beach is great for small children as there as hardly any waves. Staff was excellent and accomodated every need. Food at this resort was ok, but nothing special. They are adding on to the resort so I wonder what it will be like in the future. It is a great place for families with children, as it has at least 2 playgrounds and at least 5 pools. There are shallow pools, pools with fountains, and a water slide. The staff was great with kids and often gave my daughter a free ice cream. There are turtles and fish in the water. There are many colorful birds that sing beautifully. They have a nice spa, which I did not try. You can also get a massage on the beach. They have activites daily like exercising classes. I took a cooking class with one of their Arabic chefs which was really fun and worth it at about $30. After the class, you have lunch with the chef, and they allowed me to invite my whole family (3 others) at no extra charge. The staff at this resort really treated us like royalty and I felt more pampered here than anywhere else I have ever stayed. Ras al Khamiah isn't exactly a vacation destination, except for this resort!"

• Travel date: Tue 1st of January 2008

Hilton Hotel, Ras Al Khamah

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"We have just returned from a wonderful holiday there.
It is about an hour and a half from Dubai and perhaps even more if you catch the rush hour traffic. The hotel is clean and the staff very attentive and pleasant. I felt although the room had everything we needed (including a kettle and couresy tea and coffee) it was a bit jaded. The only thing we really missed was not having a balcony . The food is excellent (if not always too hot) and there is a wide choice at both breakfast and dinner.
Contary to other reviews we thought that the swimming pool was nice and the view overlooked the Creek.
There is a complementary bus to the beach resort which is lovely and has only just opened.
The day trip to Oman was great - and take your passport with you!
Have a wonderful time and you wont miss out on the hustle and bustle of Dubai."

• Travel date: Wed 21st of November 2007

Absolutely fabulous darlings !

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"What a fabulous stay. We unfortunately only stayed 3 nights at that new Hilton Resort as we wanted to relax after a hectic 4-day business trip in Dubai. Ras al Khaimah is THE place to relax; don't expect masses of tourists and endless attractions. If you want to explore Dubai, don't come here though. In principle, it is only 100km from Dubai but because of traffic jams around Dubai at certain times of the day, it can take up to 2 hours to get to RaK. Urban and road planing is something they really have to work on in and around Dubai...

Last year, we stayed in the older Hilton building (the one to be seen on the Hilton website). A new main Hilton (not to be confused with the resort) is being built right now and should be ready sometime in 2008.

As mentionned in the other reviews before this one, the whole resort complex is new (opened last april) and is very tastefully designed. Simple but tasteful. There are almost 400 rooms at the resort which are located in free-standing villas along the man-made beach. The reception building (and spa area) is pretty much right in the middle of this horseshoe-like complex.

We had booked a superior suite (and given room #747): very large impeccable room, 2 double beds with very very comfy mattresses, large tv screen, big bathroom with top taps, shower, bathtub and the usual high quality beauty products, etc. Room service was perfect and friendly. The only tiny negative thing we found about the room is that the a/c was a bit loud. One gets used to it but it's a little buzz that can be annoying. Our suite was on ground level which we found perfect for our 11 year-old son who litteraly walked 10 meters to jump in the pool. That was great. The beach was 30 meters away from our villa, "bathtub-warm" lagoon, lots of colorful fish.

Our room was a 2-3 minutes-walk to the restaurant complex in which breakfast and dinner is served (I presume lunch too but we didn't visit it for lunch so I'm not sure). Breakfast was excellent with a large choice of bread and rolls, fruit salad, cereals, etc. Very nice to sit outside. We had dinner there twice. We tried à la carte which was very good asian food and the buffet formula too which was very good, varied although a bit pricy (approx. 30 euro).

There are many pools all over the complex so the kids really have a ball. I would recommand this resort mostly for families although since the whole thing is so large, people looking for peace and quiet can also appreciate it. For children, I've been told that there is a "kids-club" at the main pool-landscape. Many of the families around seemed to have booked all-inclusive (which as a mother, I undestand believe me) but if one is willing to drive around RaK or to take really cheap taxis, one can go to cafeterias (dinner-like small restaurants along the roads) which are excellent and cheap. Or to the golf club which, despite the fancy name, has perfectly normal prices, comparable to those of the Hilton. Don't worry about food quality as there are very strict rules on hygiene and clealiness in restaurants in RaK.

For those not enjoying to walk around the complex, there are golf-carts driven by the resort's staff that take you along to wherever you're going. We found this real pleasant.

The northern Emirate of Ras al Khaimah is perfect for a beach holiday, exploration of the fjords of Musandam (part of the Sultanat of Oman and well worth a day trip with a dhow cruise) and a look at the desert and mountains. If you have the chance to explore the desert (only with an experienced local driver please) than do that ,at sunset. Breathtaking.

All in all, we'd go back anytime and wished we could have stayed longer."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of November 2007

what a wonderful place

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"My friend Natalie and I Yvonne have just returned from paradise, The Hilton Ras Al KhaimaI is truely a wonderful experience. You must stay in the spa resort which is situated on a glorious crescent shapped private beach. Accommodation is very luxurious. We recommend that you take the excursion to Oman for a relaxing tour of the fiords where you can enjoy the unspoilt natural home of pods of dolphins who appear playfully chasing the dhow, swimming along side and jumping up out of the sea almost a show of affection.....This is truely a spectacular magnificent sight. Also take advantage of the spa treatments they leave you feeling totally relaxed. We would like to thank all the staff for being so helpfull and charming. Everyone has a smile and nothing is too much trouble, they really do aime to please. Special thank you to Melvin and Tarek in the restaurant , suresh housekeeping, reagen our laundry man and last but not least lovely Jay from spa reception"

• Travel date: Sat 10th of November 2007

Loved it expected for the food's price and options

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"I have checked in at the RAK resort and spa for two nights since we were at Awafi which is a fun place for desert driving. We arrived at around 8:00 pm and it was quite quick for a fully booked hotel! Our impression about the hotel was wow since it was arranged and built in a really beautiful scale. A golf car took us to our accommodation which is an executive suite passing through the chalets as they call them. The suite’s interior has an Arabian theme attached to it which is well made the Hilton. Two things were disappointing about the room, how the room was not that specious and I really mean it and smelling bathroom (which might the case for only our suite).

Since we were exhausted we went for the room service option and boy the prices were extremely expensive comparing to other hotels I have been too (a sort of monopoly since RAK does not have much options near by the hotel, I think).

Breakfast was amazing with so many options to choose from. This goes also for the buffet dinner if you are willing to pay 150 AED pp. As a change we went for the la carte option and the food did not taste good (opinion for my other friends too).

The beach was nice and the over all atmosphere for the hotel is recommended as it is a newly experience in an emirate like RAK."

• Travel date: Tue 30th of October 2007

Getting better

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"We spent 6 nights at the resort and are happy to recommend it.
We had a deluxe villa room with king size bed which was very comfortable and located near to the restaurant and Lighthouse bar at the quieter end of the bay. Although well equipped and spotlessly clean we were a bit disappointed in the size of the room - others were clearly much bigger - but it was certainly well furnished and had excellent tea/coffee facilities, mini-bar and bathroom with bath and shower... and Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries. We were just 20 yards from the beach which was clean, soft, white sand (man made). The sea was very calm and warm, being in a very sheltered bay. There are several pools on the resort - climate controlled (ie cooled ) for comfort. We took the half board option and did not regret it. The food was buffet style but absolutely excellent and we particularly appreciated sitting out next to the sea to eat. You can also use the resaurants at the main Hilton hotel in town - the food is equally good but the hotel is getting old and the dining area is pretty dull and basic. However, the main pleasure for us was the exceptional service we received. Many of the staff are still training - they come from all over the world - but they were all couteous, eager to please and helpful. Ayman, the restaurant manager, went out of his way to ensure that his guests were really taken care of. Just a few things to be aware of:
. the new Hilton Hotel is still under construction and won't be ready for another year or more so there are few public areas and reception is located in what will eventially be the Spa reception. Building work will also soon be underway to construct a Marriot Hotel nearby.
. The transfer from Dubai airport takes around 60-90 mins...you might prefer to book a private transfer rather than hang around for the hotel shuttle. I costs 250 Dhms via the hotel (though they messed up our booking back to the airport causing us our only problem of the holiday!)
RAK itself is no Dubai as yet but if you want a pleasant beach holiday then try the Resort. Trips are easily booked - we loved the Mussanden trip to see dolphins and snorkel - and, of course, you are not paying Dubai prices!"

• Travel date: Sun 28th of October 2007

Hotel good but actual resort not finished

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"I recently stayed at the Hilton in R.A.K, I stayed in the hotel itself for eight nights in july and the villas in the resort and spa in august for seven nights....I loved it the first time so much I went back !

The hotel was very good, staff excellent, food brilliant, rooms great....Oh except they didn't send a driver to the airport to pick me up when I arrived so there am I, a blonde english woman trying to find a hilton driver in the early hours of the morning in Dubai airport, it was not the best experience I have to say ! it took me over an hour before I found a hilton driver who was supposed to be picking someone else up but I worked on the theory that he worked for them so as far as I was concerned I was holding him hostage until either he or someone else drove me to my hotel !!! I had had a long flight, very tired, early hours, take me or else ! much shouting down mobile ensued, driver not me, result, they had cocked up and I got my driver...finally. After that, holiday was great.

Second trip and staying in villas in resort itself, junior suite, very nice, plasma tv's, lovely bathroom, lounge, bedroom, bathroom, patio onto garden, great. Only problem....resort not finished and they had omitted to tell us that little fact ! The waterside restaurant had a lovely setting right by the water, nice garden, deck....Bulldozers, trucks, workmen, oddjob men...how serene...yeah right. If you sat outside to eat you had complimentary grit and dust with each course... apart from the fact that the only way you made yourself heard to your romantic companion was by yelling ! the dirt and dust settles nicely on your aftersun you know...ok give up and go inside and stare off into the night sky together and have a deeply intimate conversation on the view.....which was more earth moving machines, workmen etc etc ! never mind have a drink and try to ignore the noise...The meals were all serve yourself buffet so the only serving the staff had to do was drinks...hello...how hard can it be to get a waiter to bring you a drink ? very believe me ! I think they were on a mission to make us teetotal....I tried to order another glass of wine whilst I still a drop left in my glass working on the theory that I may get it before I die of dehydration if I order in advance! wrong...I'll come back when you've finished that one said waiter....noooo...please...come back...gone !! Lets go to the lighthouse bar upstairs and have a drink it says it has a fab view over the ocean....yep its a lovely arabic style bar with cushions and seats all over...sitting on them was a mistake...clothes are now covered in dust, dirt and grit from building work, it just gets better.

There were a lot of complaints from many guests re staff in the waterside and the staff kept asking us if their service was ok cos they had all been told off and had to improve...well I'm afraid to say they hadn't, the manager was working so hard to make them better but unfortunately not succeeding.

It wasn't what you expect from a Hilton hotel, five star and not cheap ! the receptionist asked how our holiday was on checking out, we told her...her response, oh dear,maybe next time you come it will be better...yeah right, thats not going to happen !!!

We actually went to the hotel for dinner one night instead of eating in the resort, I recommended it to my partner, the choice was much larger and more varied than the waterbreaker at the resort and they gave you drinks !! ( and you didn't go home looking like bob the builder ! )I would have actually expected the resort food to be a little better than t he hotel as it was a more expensive stay but it was quite a way behind the hotel I have to say...

There is no hilton honours check in or executive club here either, that surely should be standard ?

All in all the resort wasn't ready for business yet they charged you full price for staying in a building site with no apology ! I won't be back....

I stayed in the Hilton in Phuket previously...different world...thats how you do it guys."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of September 2007

See Ras al Khaimah before it is spoilt !

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"We have just returned from a week at the Hilton resort and Spa at Ras al Khaimah.

I would rate our stay as excellent.

The resort is quite new. We contacted the resort in advance, explaining that we would be celebrating a Silver Wedding anniversay whilst we there, and asked if they could do anything to make the stay special. When we arrived the guest relations manager came to meet us. She greeted us warmly, and said they would do all they could to make our stay memorable.

We had flown overnight and arrived at the resort at about 9:30am, even so we were allowed access to our accommodation - and did not have to wait until the usual 3pm. We were upgraded from a room to a suite, and shortly after settling in room service delivered a cake and a very nice bottle of wine.

Throughout our stay we could not fault the staff, all of whom were friendely, seemed to always have a smile for you, and even remembered our names. This was particularly true in the restaurant. The manager goes out of his way to greet everyone and genuinely anxious to know that they are happy with everything. The food, a buffet for both breakfast and dinner, is fairly standard fare. A minor criticism is that perhaps there is not enough local content, it is too 'internationalised'. However, there is always a chef on duty who will cook something slightly different for you at no extra charge.

The drink in the restaurant is quite expensive, even by Hilton standards. A can of tonic water is about £2 ($4). Glasses of wine are not generous, and of course, even more expensive. Many guests use the free shuttle service into town and stock up on non-alcoholic drinks at very cheap prices.

You should preceed any evening meal by a visit to the roof-top Lighthouse Bar, where you you can sit on comfortable sofas watching the sunset. Happy Hour is 6pm to 7pm, when all drinks are half price.

Accommodation is based on 'villas'. These are contain four sets of accommodation, two on the ground floor and two on the first floor. Most villas face the beach, just a few yards away. Some villas are in the row behind and overlook one of the many pools. All are very well equipped, and comfortable. One small complaint, the Internet access was not yet working - we would have liked to email pictures back to our children.

The beach is about 800yds long. It is in a crescent shape, partly man-made - but mostly natural. It is edged at either end of the curve by jetties - made from large bolders. These help keep the waves to the beach quite small, and make for very safe swimming. The beach is covered by lifeguards.

At the far end of the beach from the restaurant is the beach club. This consists of a number of pools, a bar, spa and sea sports (not very active). This can get a little noisy, but never a problem. The quietest accommodation is definitely at the end nearest the restaurant.

The reception offers a small number of excursions. A 'must do' is a day to the Mussandam Peninsula. You leave by car after breakfast and are driven for an hour and a half along the coast and in to Oman. You are given a visa at the border. Don't worry that your Visa to UAE appears to get cancelled - this is NOT so, and is not a problem. On arrival at your destination you transfer at a fishing port to a Dhow. These are very comfortable, the decks are covered in carpets and cushions. Over the deck an awning keeps the sun off you - but still take sunblock. For six hours you sail in to the 'Fjiords' of Oman. The 4,000ft mountains shelve steeply in the sea, making for spectacular scenery. The Dhow is followed by pods of dolphins which you could almost reach out and touch. Every couple of hours anchor is dropped and you can snorkel amongst the shoals of tropical fish. Don't worry if you are not a confident swimmer. The sea is so salty in this part of the world you almost float on top of the water rather than in it. Throughout the day you are given lots of cold drinks, wonderful local food and are well lokked after. The cost is 400 Dhms each - and well worth it.

There is also a trip to Dubai for a day, to go shopping. The cost is 200 Dhms each, and the coach journey takes about 1hr 30mins. It gives you about 7hrs for shopping.

The coach leaves you at Deira City Centre Shopping Mall. This is not overly inspring. You will be better jumping in to a taxi and going to the Mall of the Emirates. All taxis are metered and a journey of about 3miles will cost 15Dhms (£2). Also ensure you visit the Gold Souk, quite an experience. Forget any British reserve and haggle very hard. If you walk around the corner you can access the Spice Souk, and on leaving this cross the road to the port where Dhows are being loaded by hand with all kinds of goods for transport to the Arabian Gulf and India.

Be aware that many of the shops outside the malls close from 2pm to 4pm. You will also be offered lots of fake goods, but quietely as the police are having a clampdown on retailers.

The Resort itself appears to be largely undiscovered by the British. About half the guests there are German, a quarter Italian and the rest quite a mix. The staff are mostly Phillipino and Indian, with Arab and German management.

The Emirate of Ras al Khaimah is clearly about to undergo significant development, for the moment it is relatively unspoiled. The advice is to go soon, before it becomes another mini Dubai.

Would I go again - with out a moment's hesitation. Is it a good place for couples wanting a quiet holiday - yes it is. Is it suitable for families with children - yes it is. Can the two holiday together, it appears to work.

If this is to be your first taste of the Middle East, you will not regret it. Go ahead and book !"

• Travel date: Mon 30th of July 2007

Hotels near Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa

Top traveller tips for Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa

• Katrina G by Katrina G

"Do the jeep safari it's great just don't eat before you go on it you will be thrown around the sand dunes. "

Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa is also called