Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort

Al Sufouh Road near The Walk at JBR, Dubai Marina, Dubai 53567 United Arab Emirates

About Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort

• babysitting
  • tv channel one russia

Disappointed

Reviewed Thu 28th of April 2011

"We paid £3000 for one week holiday in Sheraton Hotel on arrival we found the room dark and old the windows were so dirty we could hardly see the view, this was just as well because our view was of the rubbish bins. we asked to change our room they said ok but tomorrow so we did not fully opened suitcases and following day they gave us a room with one double bed instead of two which we originally booked, we had to sleep with our toddler in one room.
They did not tell us on the 9th floor we could have free drink as we had the most expensive room we could have free drink but no one knew until one day before we left.
The breakfast was ok but not good enough as we had to collect our own coffee and tea this was troublesome as there was number of children running around.
they often run out of fresh juice on the 9th floor where you supposed to have free drink! and the food was average.
Bathrooms was small and showers old and not up to a 5 star hotel.
there was no entertainment for children except on the easter Sunday some face painting!! Nothing like what the website advertised. We were very disappointed and it was waste of money.
It is not a place for family and children not at all.

• Travel date: Thu 28th of April 2011

Excellent Service

Reviewed Wed 24th of June 2009

"Going to dubai was wonderful but the Sheraton Jumeirah Hotel was amazing, the staff were so curtiious, polite and were so helpful. The rooms were fabulous, we had the sea view room and this was worth going there for, just to see this every morning, I would recommend this hotel 100% and cant wait to go there again in December 2009. The breakfast staff, reception, concierge, lifeguards, house keepers and most of all the chef's were great. The food was excellent and the variety was fantastic. The beach was clean, blue clear water and the hotel was impecably clean, I can not fault it at all in any way and look forward to seeing all the staff again very very soon.

Moledina family, room 521, 10 June 09 - 23 June 09"

• Travel date: Wed 24th of June 2009

Good hotel, but service needs attention

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"As a Starwood Gold Card member I have a bit of loyalty to their hotels. The odd blip in service here or there, or a patchy room can be accepted, however I was surprised about the poor service at the hotel on a recent trip.

We tried to check in to our Towers room a little before the standard check-in time of 3pm. Not a chance, you have to wait until 3pm even though the room was available. Rules are rules I guess. Then when we got to the room it wasn't a king room, non-smoking as booked. The member of staff escorting us went to sort this out, but came back querying whether we had booked this kind of room, which we confirmed we had. We were then questioned again as they asked whether we had made a mistake with the booking? (Not asked in a particular helpful way either - more 'you are wrong') Only when we logged on to our SPG account and showed them the reservation which was correct, did the hotel accept they had given us the wrong room. These things can happen, but we didn't get an apology, just a huffy sigh and a promise to see if they could find a room. Thirty minutes of waiting later and they finally gave us the room we had booked, but then tried to sell it in as an upgrade (which it wasn't.)

The service issues didn't end there though. We had access to the Towers Lounge and on every visit we were made to feel unwelcome by very distant service, which in one case was non-existant. When staff were available, orders for drinks were often forgotten as staff suddenly went running towards business guests to look after their needs. Surely we've all paid our money and should be treated equally well? We weren't rude or unfriendly to the staff, we (and a couple of other leisure travellers) were just not a priority for the staff.

That said, the hotel itself is very nice and the food at The Grill is definitely recommended. The hotel management needs to seriously review how they look after their customers though as the service levels are not of the standard I would expect from a top-end Sheraton. I'd recommend they take tips from their sister hotel at Dubai Creek"

• Travel date: Sat 10th of June 2006

great city great hotel

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"After arriving at 1.30am we were met by friendly staff who could not have been more welcoming at that time of morning.After a swift hassle free check in we were in our room in about 10 mins we freshened up & went down to look around we were met by the bar manager who asked if we wanted a drink as they had checked for late arrivals & kept the bar opened. We then had a chat with some of the staff who are very friendly & allways made you welcome . We then went to our room which we can only describe as luxury after a good nights sleep we came down to a help yourself buffet breakfast that had everything you could want. Again the staff were very friendly so take the time to talk as a lot of them are wanting to improve their English.we tried the restaurants in the hotel & the food is excellent & if you are game try the arabic feast we were a bit wary at first but thought we would have a go it was very good . the gardens & pool area are imaculate there is plenty of shaded areas if it gets too hot & be warned the sand on the beach is very hot so wear shoes . The beach is very clean even the life guards tidy up & pick up any seaweed that may wash in. The building work that is going on does not affect you in any way you can not hear it even through night. We were there in september last year & liked it so much we are going back in two weeks time. Dubai is a great place the shopping the weather the people & the sights. Take a ride on the abras up the creek it is amazing the souks are great for everything bartering is fun but no one hassles you if you want it barter if not just say no & thats it. ( Thank you Sheraton for a great stay )"

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of June 2006

Good Dubai Choice

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"Hi, stayed at the Sheraton with my boyfriend for six days. Hotel was lovely, clean with friendly staff. However my bedroom did overlook construction work going on - which you can hear early in the morning, but you do get used to this! We visited the Gold Souks (where he got my wedding ring!, went on the Desert Safari and visited various malls (very americanised.) Dubai is a great place for sight seeing, shopping and hot weather all round. I did find the hotel a bit too far away from the Gold Souks, shopping malls etc and the taxi fares (although cheap) do add up in the end. My sister- in- law,cousin and little daughter also have just come back from their holiday at the same hotel and also had a great, relaxing time. During my time there I visited the Burj Al Arab (7 star hotel - a MUST if you're going to Dubai, especially the 27th floor view - AMAZING!) Next time I would probably stay at the Jumeirah Hotel- oppositie to sister hotel - the Burj Al Arab, as the beaches are a lot nicer, and the location is more central to everthing going on in Dubai. If it was a special occasion I'd ideally stay at the Burj Al Arab - maybe on my honeymoon or when I win the lottery!"

• Travel date: Tue 30th of May 2006

Dont let the building work put you off!!

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"When booking the Sheraton I had two concerns - firstly, what seemed to be the city of New York being built behind the hotel and secondly the distance from the centre. When our taxi made its way through scores of half built skyscrapers panic set in. This panic quickly disappeard once we checked in. Once you are in the complex we could hardly see or hear the building work. We also had a sea view room which is obviously a bonus. The grounds are very nice and the beach is fantastic. Service at the hotel is not fantastic but nothing to get upset about, also the food and drink is very overpriced.
My other concern was the location - its not good. Its a good half hour taxi ride to the centre and cost about £8.
Overall we had a fantastic stay at the Sheraton Jemeira Beach but i have one bit of advice - Hold of going to Dubai for at least another 3 years. The whole city seems to be under construction but I honestly think it will be a fantastic destination in a few years time."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of May 2006

Excellent service

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"I have just returned from a 4 night stay at the Sheraton Jumeirah Beach and I would definitely recommend this hotel. The staff are extremely polite and friendly and offer a fantastic service. The hotel itself is immaculate, the rooms are very nice and spacious. The grounds are beautiful. The pool area is also spacious and there are plenty of beds to go round.
It's true that there is a lot of building work going on in Dubai and there is a major new development overlooking the hotel however I didn't find this a problem at all. There was a slight noise in the day time but it was not intrusive at all. Most hotels are in the same boat, the Hilton and Oasis Beach were also over shadowed.
As this hotel is at the end of the main Jumeirah Beach you do need to get taxi's everywhere but again I didn't find this a problem as the taxi's are very cheap and you will never have to wait more than 5 minutes to get one.
If you are considering going to Dubai then I would recommend that you go no later than the end of May as it is extremely hot, all the hotels, restaurants, taxi's etc are air conditioned but it can become unbearable around the pool/on the beach which is why I spent most of my time in the pool!!!
I would definitely stay at this hotel again."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of May 2006

Not five star

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"This hotel is definitely not 5 star. I have stayed at many Starwood hotels and this one lets Starwood down on the service.

We had to change rooms three times until we got the room that we had paid for. They kept putting us in inland facing rooms when we had pre booked and paid for a pool facing room.

The restaurants are slow and unorganised. After finally getting the waiters attention and asking for the bill we had to wait 30 minutes for it to arrive, and some of the food I ordered never did turn up!

The rooms are clean though and the beach is nice enough. The construction around the hotel doesn't seem to spoil things. However, we visited many of the other hotels in Dubai during our stay and in comparison the Sheraton lacks the wow factor by far. This is fine for a business trip but I wouldn't stay here again."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of April 2006

simply a great hotel

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"We simply loved this hotel, yes there are lots of constructions going on around the hotel (choose a seaview room, if you are a light sleeper), but who cares when the beach is stunning, the pool and garden are beautiful, and the rooms are magnificent, large and with large TV, comfortable king size bed, lots of different kind of pillows, nice sitting area, fresh complimentary fruit basket, bathrobes, slippers, lots of bath amenities, etc etc

The staffs are very efficient and skilled. You will never have to wait for anything, and everything in this hotel is flawless – a true 5 star experience.

We never regretted choosing this hotel, but just keep in mind, that if you are taking a cap into town, don’t do it between 5 and 7 at night, it will take you 2 hours compared to 30 minutes at other times."

• Travel date: Sat 11th of March 2006

Perfect

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"We stayed for 6 nights in November 2004 and had a truly brilliant time. We didnt know that we were going to be picked up but when we arrived at the airport there was a driver waiting for us in a real luxury car with tv screens in the headrests. The hotel was really gorgeous and was spotlessly clean and truly luxurious. The food is fantastic and the staff really cant do enough to help you. The beach is perfect too.. the sea is clear blue and warm enough to walk straight into.

The grounds and the pool are really beautiful and you can get a really nice snack and drink at the pool bar.

The building work going on nearby didnt bother us at and we barely noticed it.

The hotel was a half hour to an hour journey (depending on the traffic)into the city and in a way that was a good thing as it was like having 2 holidays in 1!! As you got the relaxing beach holiday away from the city and then you could also go into the city for a bit of culture and touristing!! We also went on a desert 4x4 safari which was brilliant and I would really reccomend."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of March 2006

Good hotel, but away from Dubai centre and right next to construction site

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"The hotel is overlooked by the construction of over 50 new tower blocks-so you can imagine the noise and dust. In fact the cement works is next door!
It is the farthest hotel along the beach, so getting a taxi is sometimes a problem, but at least getting from the exhibition centre to the hotel is a lot better than going through the town to Deira, for example.

The hotel is clean, tidy and with good service. The breakfasts are not that good but the grill was good, but expensive."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of February 2006

Fantastic weather and shopping!

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"Spent a few days at the Sheraton in early November and rate it highly. Whilst it is true that the surrounding building site and traffic are a bit offputting at first and it is important to make sure you get a seaview, overall this is a good hotel with pleasant staff and good-sized rooms. We arrived mid-morning and were given a room immediately, rather than having to wait for the interval we had expected. The staff in Moods bar were extremely pleasant. The weather and private beach were beautiful and probably the best thing about the holiday. I would recommend a city tour, visiting the Emirates Towers boulevard for shopping and dunebashing on a desert safari for an experience you won't forget!"

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of January 2006

Hotels near Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort

Stayed at Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort

• Parin by Parin

"Excellent place for Holiday- A place to Visit Dubai "

• Parin by Parin

"Emirates Tower, JBR, Dubai Marina, Palm Island "

• English Family by English Family

"some play ground for children, "

Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort is also called