Great Stay

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2012

"Royal Ascot Hotel was really a pleasent surprise. Situated in the heart of the city with very spacious rooms which was clean and tidy. Friendly staffs all around the hotel, and always ready to help you out in what ever way possible. Nothing was to much for them.
Having a wide range of restaurants really made our stay more pleasent as we did not have to venture out in the heat, and in the night the two night clubs added feathers to the cap."

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of July 2008

Amazing!

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"The stay for 11 days was the best hotel stay i have had. The staff were polite all the time and their service was 1st class. The food in the hotel restaurants were very good and also great value for money. There is a desk that also helps you to book any tours that are available around dubai such as the desert safari and the price is fixed so its the same anywhere you go. The nightclub attatched to the hotel was fun and didnt affect me when sleeping.
Highly recommend it, the location is also very good as 20 minutes in each direction will take you to the furthest points of interest."

• Travel date: Sat 5th of July 2008

Sleepless nights

Reviewed Fri 12th of October 2012

"If you dont mind eating breakfast in a room without windows and you dont mind the disco beat in the middle of the night then Royal Ascot is a fairly good hotel.
Apparently they have just leased out a part of the hotel to a night club. Its situated on the ground floor next to the lobby. On the 6th floor we could hear the base all night. Thank god we werent staying on the 1st or 2nd floor.
Breakfast without the possibility to see outside is a little strange and not very comfortable.
I had a book stolen there as well. Unfortunately I didnt notice till I came home. No reply fom the hotel regarding this book at all.
Rooms are clean and comfortable but freezing cold!"

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of January 2008

Great stay at the Royal Ascot

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"The Royal Ascot Hotal is brilliant. The service was second to none, the rooms were spotless, the food was excellent, the location great for sight seeing. All in all a wonderful stay at this hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 6th of October 2007

Too new!

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"We stayed at the Royal Ascot on a three day stop over. We got a great deal via lastminute.com and overall I think we got value for money. We arrived early in the morning and with minimum fuss we were allowed to check in to our room which was a relief after a long journey. The rooms were really nice with all new fixtures and fittings, however as it ws so new not everything worked the TV system wasn't operational, my teenagers rooms A/C didn't work properly and wasn't fixed and the water had an odd oily smell! The housekeeping staff were too keen and knocked on doors early in the morning to make up the rooms or to ask if you have laundry.

Breakfast was fine except it was very hectic with music playing loudly and the room is very cramped to cope with the guests from both hotels. The swimming pool was hotter than I can cope with my bath at home. But overall it was good value for money."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of September 2007

Could have done better

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"We booked this hotel for my parents as a family holiday, and the hotel rooms are made into appartment style with a whole fridge and cooker but no pots and pans? So we never used that facility. The rooms were very well cleaned and never failed us there however my brother's charger got stolen and we never managed to retrieve it. We think it might have been the cleaners so do be careful.
Maintance is ongoing at the hotel, to the point they shut the water off, and understandably it was late at night but when your ill with diaorea its a disaster which happened! To add to this our power supply cut out one night and we had no air conditioning for half a night!
However without a doubt when we asked for help the guys and girls at the desk were prompt and at your service. They were very patient with my mum and dad who are slow walkers and best thing they did it all with a smile.
The best thing about the hotel was location was right next to Mena Bazar and Wazy O'Connors and it held 5 resturants. We had breakfast included in our stay and we had such a great variety which is something you don't hear from 4 vegitarians and 1 meat eater, all in one go.
Overall it was a good hotel but as its not a resort your not near to the beach, you will have to take a taxi but if your going to Dubai for only shoppng or a stop over then I would recommend it but not for a long period of 7 days of relaxation."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of August 2007

Absolutely Fantastic

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"Amazing Holiday. We decided to go to Dubai at short notice for 10 days during the racing world cup (amongst other events) and couldn't find availability in any hotels we knew of. We booked a suite at the Royal Ascot even though some of the reviews (I think they are under it's sister hotel) for the Ascot weren't great. In preparation I'd booked days/lunches/dinners etc at The Burj/JBeach/Meridien and other places. On arrival The Royal was fantastic in all aspects - we arrived at 6am knowing we couldn't check-in till 2pm, they immediately brought us fresh coffee and tea and had another, upgraded suite available within the hour. Huge Hall, Living/Dining Room and Bedroom. Fantastic Bathroom with huge shower and incredible full size jacuzzi bath all built in & surrounded by mirrors and candles. Room service and all staff in all areas of the hotel were friendly and couldn't do enough for you - I thought they would have a heart attack the one time I attempted to carry my own drink to another area - you could think this was over the top but they all just genuinely wanted to help and look after you. The prices in the hotel were excellent so we ended up ordering all drinks to the room rather than buying them from the supermarkets. The central area is brilliant and we have never felt so safe in a city, we were walking back from bars and shopping malls happily at 1 and 2 am. Diera is a bit out of the way of Jumeirah but taxis were £5 !!!! or the hotel chauffeur service (excellent) was about £7 and it took about half an hour. Anybody who wants an exhilarating desert experience must contact Desert Rangers and go on their Dune Buggy safari (don't confuse this with the more dangerous quad biking out there) - it is one of the best experiences and the guys are amazing - but if you have a small head (!) take your own goggles and yes you need a scarf or something to tie across your nose and mouth. Lastly it was all so great at The Royal Ascot and nearby areas I cancelled all but one reservation, Al Mahara at the Burj, £250 for lunch but worth every penny! and if you want a drinking night go to the Ascots Waxy O' Connors - cheap with fantastic english pop/rock music, luckily we only had to crawl back to next door! x x"

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of August 2007

Recommended

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2012

"I booked a one night stay when transiting through Dubai. I only chose it because it can be booked through the airmiles website, and I hade a few to spend.

I arrived about 7-8 am after an overnight flight and I feared that I would have to dump my bags and wander the streets / sit in the lobby until midday, but I was able to check in immediately, which was a relief.

The room was fine, nothing special for a good class of hotel. It was at the back of the hotel, away from the main road. As a result, there was no view at all, but I didn't care because at least it was quiet - I have stayed in Dubai before and there is always a risk that your hotel will be within earshot of one of the countless construction sites.

Service was polite and efficient.

The hotel is in Bur Dubai, so getting to the shopping areas in Deira on the other side of the creek can be a problem due to lack of taxis, however you can also reach these by taking a short(ish) walk to the creek and then crossing on one of the very cheap ferries."

• Travel date: Sun 17th of June 2007

Excellent Hotel

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"The Royal Ascot Hotel is a beautiful superb hotel in Dubai.
The hotels restaurant was good but it's always much better to go to the main strip which I would recommend and it costs a lot less than the hotel and the same for the internet.
We just got back from a 3 night stay and this is a good 5 star hotel."

• Travel date: Thu 29th of March 2007

pleasantly surprised - lovely hotel

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"Hi,
My mother and I stayed at this hotel and it was great. Massive clean room with flat screen TV, 24hrs room service, bathroom was lovely, swimming pool was great with sun loungers & towels supplied, decent gym too. Also the hotel provides a free bus service to Jumeria beach & back. The staff are very helpful and polite.

Breakfast was supplied with our room but we had to walk next door to the Ascot Hotel for it (as the 2 two hotels are joint internally). Breakfast was a feast, with a varity for all.

The Royal Ascot is situated in Bur Dubai - 10 mins walk from Meena Bazzar and about 20 mins drive from airport & Dera (where all the Gold Soks are).

Advice for shops you can bargain! I even went to a shopping mall and bought some prescription Prada sun glasses...I bargained till the cows came home and got a very good price."

• Travel date: Sun 25th of March 2007