Pool

Top of the World

Reviewed 19th November 2012

"We have been already two times in Rose and it is very nice staying in " The tallest hotel of the world". Hotel is new and like other Rotana hotels, the staff is nice and welcoming.In our second stay we asked for a very,very high floor and we were offered a suite in the 64th floor, after paying a supplement of around 50 $ which was really worthy. First stay was in 22nd floor in a standard room, which was nice as well. The rates in Dubai in summer are really affordable if you don't mind the heat. The views are amazing, see the pics, and you are really in the top of the world. The Suite was top class and really made our stay. There was a kitchen in the room which we did not use. The hotel is close to the metro station and in the middle of the busy Sheikh zayed road. I tried the restaurant only for breakfast, which was not included and there is no bar in the building. It is nice to be in the tallest hotel of the world and the staff told us it is certified in the Guinness world record book. I really liked the late check out given free of charge until 16.00 to enjoy the day, we also came early and the room was ready. There is nothing I can complaint about."

• Travel date: 28th May 2010

World's tallest

Reviewed 12th October 2012

"Apparently the world's tallest hotel - and I was expecting a grand foyer in the style of those big city hotels. But the Rose Rayhaan was on a more intimate scale with a good welcome on arrival and speedt processing of my reservation. Up to the room and with an upgrade to a deluxe room, there was a good view (21st floor) over Dubai and Sheikh Zayed Road. Room was reasonably sized with a separate kitchenette area Mocrowave and Fridge,( no hob and no utensils either). Fairly small television for the size of the room too. No problems at all, comfortable bed with a selection of pillows and cushions, internet access (chargeable) and a fine pool and lisure centre in the car park building at the rear. Only real minor points were dirty windows (like so many buildings in Dubai, barring abeiling window cleaners, there are no facilities to clean glass) and a badly designed side to bath that created an undrained channel of water than ran onto the floor like a waterfall (so be careful showering). Did not use food facilities there so can't comment, but nice looking cafe in foyer."

• Travel date: 19th May 2010

Tallest Hotel in the world - great business hotel! :)

Reviewed 27th December 2012

"- My favorite thing about it is that I didn't see any kids around during the whole 3 days I stayed there. - Great location, there are alot of restaurants just 5-10mins away. - There is a metro station right by the hotel that takes you to Dubai Mall and Emirates Mall. - There is a bank just one building away with an ATM machine that's open 24hrs. And there is a Starbucks (a few building to the right of the hotel) and a Second Cup (the next building to the left). - the food in the hotel is very tasty however, a bit overpriced. Breakfast doesn't have much variety and I felt it catered to the Asians quite alot. (there was plenty of noodles, rice and stews). So if the price of the breakfast is not in the package, try to go somewhere else like Saj Express which is also in the next building (opens at 8am till 4 am). They have great Manakeesh (breakfast pitas with fillings of your choice) - there is no alcohol in the hotel and no pork items. -They replenish your toiletries graciously. -Staff are super friendly. - the pool is quite nice, a bit small and on a low floor so you might have a few onlookers from other buildings. it opens till 10pm - Over all - GREAT HOTEL!! would definately go there again and again."

• Travel date: 21st April 2010

Great location

Reviewed 21st December 2012

"Basically a good hotel, new and still with a couple of teething problems - eg the 3ft 'step' in sauna, lack of internet in the lobby. Great location; 2 mins from the metro, 5 mins from world trade centre and dubai mall. Nice pool and fitness centre."

• Travel date: 8th April 2010

Hotel with excellent location and fantastic view

Reviewed 19th November 2012

"Hotel location is excellent - near metro, close to everywhere. We stayed at one bedroom suite. View from 60th floor was fantastic. But service is low - I made many calls to "room service" trying to get everything they should make available in the room. Staying at the hotel you should prepare yourself for noise from air conditioner which you can not switch off."

• Travel date: 7th April 2010

Good hotel

Reviewed 21st December 2012

"We stayed 6 nights in Rose Rayhaan by Rotana. The location is very good if you plan to use public transportation. The metro station (Financial Center) is just 3 minutes walk and there is also a public bus stop next to the metro. The bus 13A will take you to Dubai Mall and bus 27 to Deira City Center and Gold Souk. Also you can take metro to Mall of Emirates, Deira City Center etc. The hotel itself is new. We stayed on the 48th floor but could not enjoy the view because the windows were dirty. The room itself was small. Breakfast was great, lots of various options. Overall I enjoyed my stay in Rose Rayhaan by Rona and would recommend it to other travellers. One thing which actually bothered me was that when we checked in, the receptionist asked me if we wanted to leave our credit card for "extras" or we would pay by cash. I chose paying by cash as necessary (here I assummed for ordering food to our room from the restaurant or using laundry services, ironning etc). Well, the next day we came to our room to find out that they took mini-bar items away. When I called the receptionist, she said it was their hotel policy to empty mini-bar if the guests chose paying by cash option. I explained that it was not made clear to me when I checked in, otherwise I would have just left my credit card number. I stay in all sorts of 4star hotels around the world and never experience this kind of hotel policy. While I respect policies, I wish the hotel gave clear explanation when I checked in. Another thing you need to know if that if you go to breakfast around 10am you have to wait to be seated since it gets very busy and servers have hard time to meet the needs of guests. Again, overall it is a good hotel with convenient location."

• Travel date: 29th March 2010

Great location for the price

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"This is a brand new hotel very close to the Dubai mall with the only hotels being nearer to the mall costing double the price (a taxi from the hotel to the Dubai mall costs around £1.60). The financial centre metro stop is directly infront of the hotel entrance which makes getting about the city very easy and convenient. The room I was given was very spacious and everything in it was clearly very fresh and new. The small kitchenette in the room had the potential to be an added bonus although I would note that there was no cutlery/cooking equipment etc provided which seemed a bit strange as it made the kitchenette all but useless. The buffet breakfast (which was included in the price that I paid - £79 per night) was very good and included dishes such as smoked salmon and omlettes made to order. The hotel also had a respectfully sized swimming pool (for Dubai) contained within its again, respectfully equipped fitness centre although I would note that the massage facilities that are quoted as being available in the hotel website are not up and running yet. As with most Dubai hotels however, would note that there is no free internet access which is annoying ."

• Travel date: 25th February 2010

Very nice hotel with great location

Reviewed 27th December 2012

"I stayed there for 1 night. Location is great with less than a minute walking to the metro station. Staff are very friendly but the Internet is not free. There is a small kitchen in the room. Second cup cafe is under the hotel immediately."

• Travel date: 23rd February 2010

Not what we were hoping for

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"We arrived at the hotel at 6am and were told we could not check in until around 12pm which was understandable. We left our luggage at the hotel and went to a friend’s house. We came back at 3pm and still the rooms were not ready. We ended up getting all of our rooms by 4pm. Efficient is not a word I would use to describe the staff. We waited at the lobby (the lobby is very small) and when I went to check if they have got the room keys ready, they said they were looking for me but couldn’t find me?? The hotel is still very new, I think with lots of training the staff will get better. The room was nice and clean. There was a little kitchenette with microwave oven which could come in handy. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast served was so-so. If you don’t already have breakfast included in your room reservation, maybe you should forgo breakfast at the hotel. The location of the hotel is good. Very near the Metro station. Taxi fare to The Dubai Mall will just cost you AED10."

• Travel date: 19th February 2010

very nice family hotel

Reviewed 28th December 2012

"it is just 5 minuts walk to the metro staition , it is 100% family hotel , comfortable , quiet place, very good staff , larg room , and new hotel"

• Travel date: 11th February 2010