Residence & Spa at One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai

Al Sufouh Road Jumeirah Beach Road, Dubai 37252 United Arab Emirates

Good

FABULOUS!

"We have just returned from a wonderful 8 days at the Residence & Spa. This was our first visit to this hotel (we normally stay at the Dar al Masayaf) and we were not disappointed. We decided at the last moment to take our two children (19 & 21) with us and did wonder whether it may be a bit too stuffy for two students!!
Not at all, they were made to feel so welcome by all the staff and loved the afternoon tea! It was our wedding anniversary and they upgraded us to a lovely suite and we were given some lovely little extras too. We ate most nights in the Dining room which was excellent. In fact, it was much better than the dinner we had at the Burj by a long way! Ate one evening at Ninas the indian restaurant which was excellent. We also ate at The Marina restaurant (part of Jumeriah beach hotel) which we always visit when in Dubai as it is excellent too!! What else can I say? Oh my only minor complaint if you can call it that is that I do think the pool area should be for adults only as there are pools that cater for children in the adjoining hotels. Although there were only one or two children there when we were there and they were well behaved I have to say, I would have preferred the peace of adultsonly. other than apart from the ugly building work going on in front (palm island!) and monorail station to the right it is a wonderful place to stay and would definitely revisit!! Oh, the spa is great too!!"

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of September 2009

Fabulous

"Stayed here for 6 nights as our Honeymoon. We were upgraded to a suite, and there were many other lovely touches to our stay - rose petals on the bed etc

Beautiful hotel with impeccable service. The food was excellent - the only meal we didn't enjoy was at Eau Zone, a shame as we ate there our last night as we'd heard it was good.

We would definitely return, although perhaps not in Aug as the humidity was almost unbearable."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of September 2009

absolutely fantastic

"The residence and spa is a hotel to spend a week indulging in absolute luxury and quiet.
The staff are brilliant and make you feel special, no request is too much for them."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of September 2009

Sheer bliss

"We have been lucky enough to stay here every year for the last 4 years and i simply wouldnt go anywhere else for relaxation.

Out of the 3 hotels within The Royal Mirage , this is the smaller with 50 bedrooms so therfore more intimate with staff addressing you by name and remembering what you like to eat and drink.

Bedrooms are very spacious with incredibly comfy beds, even the z bed our daughter slept on was comfy.
Clean fluffy towels were replenished every morning and night as were the lovely Molton Brown toiletries.

Cool towels round the pool twice a day, sorbet and/or fresh fruit and continually flowing complimentary water are all nice touches which i believe arent in every hotel.

Our 4 year old daughter was treated like a princess so much so she cried when she woke up on our last day as she didnt want to come home (shes allready filling up her piggy bank for our next trip)
Children are more than welcome here although they may prefer the pool at The Arabian Court where they can make more noise and splash in and out of the pool.

We tend to spend the day flitting between beach, Residence pool and Arabian Court pool (dont think i could have done the whole day around the AC pool surrounded by fat sunburnt Brits swigging beer!).

Afternoon tea in The Library, also complimentary, is outstanding and management always make themselves visible and chat to each guest.

Breakfast, whether room service or eaten in The Dining Room is great with a huge variety. With a food allergy which can be a pain when eating away from home, i was well catered for.

Nina (AC), Beach Bar and Grill (Palace) and Tagine (Palace) all great but if you want buffet style then head to Rottiserie (AC) or Olives (Palace).

The hotel and grounds (including the beach) are spotlessly clean and all staff greet you from the maintenance to manager.

For my husbands birthday a cake, flowers and present (voucher for Hamman treatment) were left in our room after breakfast.
When we stayed for New Year we were given a recipie book, dates and photo frame and our daughter a story book and stuffed camel!

This hotel has a return rate of around 80% which is a sign of how good it really is.

With the global economy the way it is at the moment there are lots of cut price offers for The Palace and Arabian Court but, without sounding like a snob, these two hotels are therefore, attracting in the afformentioned fat sunburnt Brits.

If you want to be a name and not just a number, peace and quiet and total relaxation then The Residence really is the place to stay.

Now im off to hunt down the back of the sofa for loose change to start saving for our next visit!"

• Travel date: Wed 26th of August 2009

A week of pure pampering!

"I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. The rooms are spacious, clean and well maintained, with wonderful Molton Brown toiletries. We asked to see a roof-top room, and they very kindly let us change rooms when it became available, at no extra charge! The staff and service are second to none - nothing is too much trouble and they are really genuine. We ate at two of the restaurants at the Palace, but the food was average. For the remainder of the holiday we ate in the Dining Room at the Residence which was first class. The beach was clean, but unfortunately like the rest of Dubai it lacks a beautiful view due to all the excessive building work being carried out. We did not experience any construction noise at the Residence, but as soon as you walk to the Arabian Court or the Palace you become aware of the noise. The pool is wonderful and well looked after. If you want a relaxing vacation this is the hotel to go to."

• Travel date: Fri 7th of August 2009

Perfect honeymoon at The Residence & Spa

"We booked a week's honeymoon here from 25th July and EVERYTHING was perfect. We were concerned about the heat but it was absolutely fine - it is hot but fine to sit out by the pool. The service was impecable and the staff couldn't do enough for you - always with a smile. The Residence is particularly special because it is small and has more of a boutique feeling. The manager is very friendly and comes and speaks to the guests personally to make sure all is ok - as it was our honeymoon he arranged 36 roses to be put in our room, these were changed half way through the week. We were also given breakfast in bed on one morning. Our room was magnificent - the most comfortable pillows and bed I have ever slept on. Beautiful bathroom with lots of Molton Brown goodies. Very quiet so we could sleep off our wedding tiredness.
Breakfast caters for all tastes - fresh juices, Arabic food, fruit, cheese, cereals, yoghurts and then a hot a la carte menu - plus an enormous basket of pastries, brioche and toast. We found we didn't need lunch as we ate breakfast quite late but took advantage of the afternoon tea at The Library - just delicious! Fortunately they have a fantastic gym at The Residence in which to work off the excess calories. I heard the gym at The Palace isn't as good. We tried most of the restaurants for dinner and our favourite was The Dining Room at The Residence but the others are also good - Eau Zone, The Grill and Nina. We tried Celebrities for breakfast, and dinner at The Rotisserie and felt The Dining Room was so much better - service and food.
We visited the water park at The Atlantis - a fun day out but have since heard that Wild Wadi is better. We did a desert excursion - good fun but very touristy. The malls are worth a visit - we caught the sales.
We had treatments in the hammam and they were wonderful.
All in all we loved it – cannot criticise anything and wouldn’t recommend they do anything differently. We will be going back to The Residence in the future but probably wouldn’t stay at Arabian Court or The Palace."

• Travel date: Wed 5th of August 2009

Simply the best

"My family and i stayed at the mirage residence after staying at almost all the jumeira beach hotels.
I must say we are always going to stay here from now on. Anyone who has been to dubai will tell you that even the 3 star hotel standards are comparable to 4-5 star hotel in other countries.
The residence is definately for the traveler that does not want to be bothered by noise or families with no regard or respect for the peace of other travelers. I was glad that only residence guests had the exclusive use of the dedicated pool area, But also loved the fact that we could use all the facilities of the Arabian court and palace.
Staff are the best and usually address you by your name which is a great touch.
perfect hotel and well worth the price you pay."

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of July 2009

Perfect Residence

"This is our third stay at the Residence & Spa.

The hotel is excellent and offers a very high level of service to the discerning traveler.

My wife & I have stayed at many good hotels including the Burj on several occasions and still feel that overall this hotel offers a more intimate yet relaxed service. You are made to feel incredibly welcome.

All of the rooms are spacious, immaculate and well presented with maid service twice per day. The bathrooms are spotlessly clean with a range of Moulton Brown products which are replenished everyday.

On arrival we were met by familiar faces who remembered us from our last visit, offered a refreshing drink and shown to our room which was ready for us. We were also offered breakfast if we were hungry (which we were!).

The residence & Spa offers a "boutique" feel as it is a small hotel (some 48 rooms or so) set in 60+ lush green acres. The facilities are superb with a well equipped gym.

All of the rooms have excellent access to the pool and main reception. My only advice to families with small children is that the Residence & Spa is really a "grown up" place to stay and we noticed that one family with small children playing in the pool were asked to use one of the sister hotel pools if the kids wanted to play. I felt this was a little harsh but I can also understand that the Residence is a spa hotel and people are there to relax & unwind.

We didn’t use the spa facilities this time around but have done before and they are excellent. Especially the Royal Hamman. Try it!

My only real issue is that the hotel does not offer free internet access in your room which as I had some work to do on a morning I felt that the cost, some £20 per day, was a little unfair. It’s a small thing as my kept stating that I was "supposed to be on holiday" after all! You can however use the business centre for free to check emails etc.

The restaurant in the hotel is called the “Dining Room” and it is excellent. We had the benefit of half board which proved fantastic value for money. The dining room offered a superb cuisine and I noticed the menu changed regularly during our stay and also offered excellent wine paring options.

Another benefit of the half board was that you could also eat in any of the One & Only restaurants in the other two hotels nearby, which we did namely Nina’s in the Arabian court which is a fantastic Indian restaurant with a twist.

On our final night we had a special dinner in the dining room prepared by the chef. It was simply amazing.

All of the staff at the Residence and Spa are a credit to the company and nothing was a problem. They look after you from the moment you arrive and you are the number one priority during your stay. If only more hotels took a leaf out of the Residences book.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the staff at the Residence & Spa for making our stay special and would also like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to Bernd who always goes that "extra mile" each time we stay making our holiday just perfect.

Thank you!"

• Travel date: Tue 21st of July 2009

A fabulous hotel

"My mother and I were originally booked into the Palace but after I emailed the hotel to inform then that I would like us to be based in a room with easy access as I was travelling with my eighty year old mum ( I also told them it was a belated 80th present for her) they upgraded us to The Residence. This break was a present to my Mum following my father's long illness. He sadly passed away earlier this year. Therefore, it was really important to me that she thoroughly relaxed and had a fabulous time. Well, the One and Only surpassed all my expectations.
The Residence is an elegant and refined hotel with a club/boutique air about it. It only has about fifty rooms so you really feel that you are receiving personal attention at all times. The pool area is beautiful with plenty of shade and sun loungers and the beach is immaculate and almost empty. You definitely don't need to get up early to grab the right spot at this hotel! At both the pool and beach we were brought cold flannels, iced water and sorbet and they even cleaned our sunglasses!
The staff at the Residence were all fantastic without fault. They could not do enough for us and they were always smiling and interested in your day and general wellbeing. My mum was also delighted when they presented her with fabulous flowers, cake and perfume.
We ate in the residence dining room and the food was gorgeous; we also ate at the beach bar and grill which was also lovely. The roof top bar at the Arabian Court is a must. Also afternoon tea at The Residence was delightful. Both the Palace and the Arabian court also looked very nice but a little busier.... although if you are looking for a buzzy atmosphere these may be a better option. Guests from The Residence can use all facilities of the other hotels but The Residence facilities are exclusively for Residence guests. Therefore, you can be a little more choosy about where you want to spend the day!
Dubai is a great place to visit. We went to the Gold Souk where my mum bought a lovely diamond ring. We had a tour of the city where we saw all the large hotels and landmarks and we visited the Dubai Mall. Apparently this is the largest shopping centre in world. We also took a sea plane ride over the city.... this is a must and really puts the scale of the place into perspective.... we even flew around the world's highest building!
The building work by the Arabian Court is not obvious at all at either the Palace and Residence and probably wouldn't even spoil your stay at the Arabian court itself, although you can see it. However, you sort of get used to seeing building work in Dubai as there is quite a lot going on.... although apparently not as much as before. Also the Palm opposite the beach is not the prettiest to look at ( apparently the One and Only have bout the Island opposite and are going to put villas on it) but again it doesn't really spoil it too much.
If you want a buzzy, big Las Vegas-style hotel then you would probably be better of at the Burgh Al Arab, The Atlantis or the Madinat Jumeira. But if you want a refined and quietly glamorous retreat away from all the hustle and bustle then this is the perfect spot!"

• Travel date: Thu 25th of June 2009

Best Hotel Stay Ever

"For my second trip to Dubai in 4 years I decided to avoid the Atlantis after negative reviews and the One & Only seemed the best of the rest (I have already stayed at the Burj). It seems I made the right choice, especially choosing the Residence over the other two hotels in the sprawling 65 acre complex. The Residence is the smallest and by far the quietest of the three (most evident at buffet breakfast where only a few guests would be present, unlike the breakfast crowds at the Palace or Arabian Court). The Residence easily has the most elegant and biggest rooms - but the staff served me my best 4-day hotel stay ever by upgrading me to a huge 915 sq ft rooftop junior suite including balcony and sun terrace. Rooms apart, the decor of the Arabian Court's many public spaces is probably the finest in the complex, but you currently have to put up with the 24 hr drone from the mammoth carpark and train station building being constructed adjacent to it. Taken as a whole the resort offers everything - pools, dense lush gardens, a great spa/fitness centre, 1km of private beach with watersports etc, abundant restaurants and loads to explore. Staff are immaculately helpful, saying hello every time they pass you - we are talking top standards here. (The food is also very good, if not exceptional). But I think that beats every other hotel in Dubai."

• Travel date: Wed 24th of June 2009

What a wonderful hotel - top luxury

Good

"Had a fantastic stay here for 7 days last Sept.
Lovely hotel, very relaxed place great to just chill out. Fantastic pool and leisure facilities and very spacious rooms with great shower / wet room.

Great restaurants and top quality food.
Service in all areas was top class and all the staff went that extra mile to try and assist you.

My only complaint about Dubai was that the availability of taxis was a nightmare, maybe because it was at the end of Ramandan, we often had to wait for 45 minutes plus outside some shopping malls to get a taxi. It needs to get this sorted asap if it is going to compete with other major cities.

This hotel is top notch also with quality furniture and fittings throughout.
The Burj al Arab is all glitz and no substance in comparison.

I would definately pay that bit extra and stay at the Residence & Spa.
LightingMan"

• Travel date: Thu 4th of June 2009

beautiful hotel and grounds

"We were so excited to finally visit Dubai we have wanted to go there for a few years now. We did quite a bit of research before and decided this hotel would be perfect. The hotel itself is beautiful, rooms are great and grounds are pretty, it is certainly a true 5 star for the money we paid it should be!! The food was delicious and the amenities were wonderful. We loved the restaurants associated with the resort the especially the Moroccan and the Indian fusion. We also enjoyed the afternoon tea at the spa and residence. The service at the hotel is on par with other 5 star hotels and a couple of the concierge staff really went that extra mile.
However, we felt the spa and residence was a little stuffy and not quite right for us, unfortuanly we spent allot of money on this portion of our trip, it is exclusive but to us it seemed very cut off - even from the beach as you cannot see the beach from the pool which is something we like.
For a luxury hotel who promotes themselves as being exclusive check in seemed unorganized - the front desk staff seemed to not know we were coming although we had been in contact with them prior - it took a good 35-40 mins, we expected a more seamless check in, we were told by the company we booked with (which we will never use again) we would be given an upgraded room upon check in and this was guaranteed however this did not happen. We had a standard room our view was a wall of shrubs in the corner on the ground floor. Eventually we were given a different room (2 room suite which is good because my husband was working on this trip) and it was nice and very spacious.
We planned to go to lunch at the Burj but the manager at the residence and spa informed us there were no reservations so we ended up booking the tea and it was really nice and fun experience, it’s a must see! Also one day during our visit there was a sand storm it worked out well we went to the mall of emirates that afternoon and it was quite a site to see the indoor ski slopes, etc. and do a little shopping.
We are experienced travelers and generally stay at 4 seasons and the like whenever possible while this hotel is amazing and we might be in the minority, it was not for us it was extremely quite and did not seem friendly – like I mentioned before too stuffy and quite uptight. We will most likely not stay here again unless given a great deal; which when we checked out they gave us a coupon for a return visit…
The hotel is nice and Dubai was allot of fun we plan to return to we just plan to stay at another hotel, there are so many 5 star hotels there!"

• Travel date: Wed 1st of April 2009

Hotels near Residence & Spa at One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai

Stayed at Residence & Spa at One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai? Share your insight.

Residence & Spa at One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai is also called