About Pullman Dubai Creek City Centre

• babysitting
  • rooftop pool

Poor staff attitude

Reviewed 3rd November 2012

"I stayed at this hotel in March 2007. Despite having a reservation guaranteed for late arrival (pre-paid), when I arrived at the hotel at 7pm it was full with no room for me. I was housed overnight in some nearby apartments which were not, in my view, of the same standard. As it was late, I went along with it expecting the next day I might receive some sort of apology or recompense from the hotel. Far from it. Instead I found the staff to be surly and unresponsive when I raised my concerns. Based on my experience, this is a hotel to be avoided, unreliable in honouring its bookings and with a poor attitude to its customers."

• Travel date: 2nd April 2007

Good Hotel

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"The location of the hotel is excellent but this is defenitely not a 5***** hotel... it needs a whole lot more than a renovation for the rooms & common areas... i would rather rate it as a 4**** superior, but defenitely not a 5."

• Travel date: 13th March 2007

Not recommended

Reviewed 3rd November 2012

"This hotel carries a five star rating, which it clearly does not deserve. The lobby area was drab and unappealing. The pool terrace was equally disappointing. The room was so average and bland I can't even remember it. The restaurant was nothing special either. Staff were however friendly and helpful. The hotel is next to a large shopping centre, which gives lots of dining options and quick access to plenty of shops. The doubledecker sightseeing buses also conveniently stop at the shopping centre. Overall, I didn't like the hotel and expected more as the room rate was not particularly cheap. I would recommend splashing out a bit more to stay at one of the nice beachfront hotels instead - that is certainly what I would do next time."

• Travel date: 10th March 2007

OK, but there is better!

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"I stayed here in Jan. 07. They did pick us up at the airport and took us back at no charge. I did appreciate that. It is attached to the mall which was nice, and I found an internet cafe there that was cheap. I found the service at the hotel to be very good. The downside was the room. Our room had stains in the carpet and a bad smell. I was happy that the window opened to try and get some fresh air. However, since we had a view overlooking the mall, it seemed like all we got was air with the greasy smell of food from the food court at the mall. Taxis are cheap, and it was only about $10 to the historic area and gold/spice souks. Taxi to the beach at Jumeriah was only about $20. I booked this hotel because hotels.com showed this as a 5* at the cheapest price $200/night with taxes. I am most certain this is not a 5*. I found the gym and sauna to be very good, and I even took a step aerobics class there which was great."

• Travel date: 11th February 2007

Bad Service, Facilities, and Location

Reviewed 4th December 2012

"Paying $400(which was a travel industry discount rate) i was expecting outstanding service, a beautiful room, and an excellent location. However i recieved NONE. CHECK IN: Painful, SLOW, and umcomfortable. It took 10 minutes for my bags to be brought from my taxi to the desk. They then placed me in a SMOKING ROOM when i e-mailed to confrim i wanted NON SMOKING. I Was moved after 30 minutes. STAY: I stayed in a standard delux room. My KING bed was simply 2 single begs stuck together creating a huge annoying gap in the middle!.... Overall the room was tired, you could hear the planes landing at the nearby airport. Only good thing was its size/. actually very big. Hotel staff were unable to connect inbound calls to my room. (problem was because i moved rooms they were unable to change my room number) i now know how russell crowe feels because all i wanted to do was talk to family back home. Internet facilities expensive and no privacy provided Lady looking after the business club was rude and staff sent me from the lobby to my room to the lobby to the business centre to my room to the business centee to simply reconfirm my flights as i did not have ID or the original ticket WHen i had checked out and wanted to check my bank balance on net banking on the internet after paying $400 a night the man said i would be charged. Room does NOT include coffee and tean facilities! 5* and does not include these? LOCATION: it is in deria/ But to get to the beach is 2 hours when the traffic is bad and costs a LOT. The shopping centre attached is ok but to get to the bigger malls is 2.5 hours away OVERALL i would never stay at this hotel again. IT IS NOT value for money."

• Travel date: 5th February 2007

When Is Deluxe really deluxe......

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"As anyone who travels to Dubai knows, the majority of flights arrive at the crack of dawn and its always advisable to alert your hotel of this. I did at time of booking which I was assured was not a problem. Naturally it was, as the hotel were expecting me at 0630 and thanks to great tail winds, I blew in at 0500!! By 0800, they obviously decided I could move from the lobby to a room (the place wasn't full) and expecting the Deluxe room I'd paid for, assummed that a kettle and coffee facilities would be available in it. Not so, the Sofitel Deira Dubai only puts kettles in Executive rooms. WHY? Even the lowliest motel in the outback of Australia gives you a kettle, cup and coffee.... and this they call a 5 star deluxe? I don't think so."

• Travel date: 19th July 2006

Great Location, good Service

Reviewed 15th November 2012

"Great location just 5 minutes from the airport and within the Deira City Centre Shopping Centre, one of the best around. Staff is friendly and efficient, service is good. Very quiet despite location. Average rooms. One of the best gyms in Dubai. Great for shoppers and business travellers. Have stayed there 4 times already between Oct 2004 and Oct 2005."

• Travel date: 1st November 2005

Awesome hotel & location

Reviewed 15th November 2012

"Great location, in that it is connected to what is one of the best malls in Dubai. Service is good, and the rooms are very nicely appointed. Location is the best part."

• Travel date: 10th October 2005

Great Location

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"I stayed here for 4 nights in January 2004, the weather was great - apart from that the hotel itself was good, staff very polite and helpful. The rooftop pool (access via the gym) was lovely although overlooking the airport no aircraft noise was heard. The hotel bar has live music and the food within the hotel was good. What makes this hotel good is that it has direct access from the hotel into a very large shopping centre where you can shop, eat, drink coffee or watch a film."

• Travel date: 21st September 2004

Perfect little Apartments for our stay in Dubai!

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"The Sofitel Apartments were more than perfect for us. We had a two bedroom, two bath, living room, kitchen area with two balconies. This was more than enough for 2 adults, two children and the maid. Very clean and spacious with modern conveniences and decor. The staff in the lobby should have been friendlier, but they weren't horrible....just stuffy. The Apartments were just like a little home away from home....HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!"

• Travel date: 4th June 2004