About Park Hyatt Dubai

• babysitting
  • golf course
  • butler service

Good

The Park Hyatt in Dubai is a oasis of ca...

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2007

"The Park Hyatt in Dubai is a oasis of calm and tranquillity. It is located in Dubai Creek, only 10 minutes from the airport and there wasn't any building construction cranes in sight.

A small low rise hotel by Dubai standards, it had the real feel of a resort property. Being in the creek, there isn't a beach, but there is a fabulous pool area.

It fronts onto the yacht club, where there are many beautiful boats bobbing around in the water to gaze at and next door is the golf club.

The rooms are very comfortable in modern contemporary style.

Across the road from the property there is a huge shopping centre, just incase you get bored! "

• Travel date: Wed 14th of November 2007

Beautiful grounds, great location, bad service and food

Reviewed Sun 21st of October 2012

"I am a regular guest at the Park Hyatt Dubai. The rooms have all the amenities you are used to at Park Hyatt properties. On the ground floor, you have a terrace and a view of the Creek, I like those rooms best. When my wife is visiting me in Dubai, she insists on staying at the Park Hyatt for the beautifully landscaped pool area, the modern fitness center and awarded spa.
The only downside is the service and the food. None of the restaurants on the premises can live up to expectations (pricey, but food non-tasty and uninspired). They sometimes forget about wake-up calls, leave your stored luggage in the sun, forget to call a taxi for the time you need it (and it is not easy to get a taxi to the Park Hyatt at rush hour).
All-in-all, an above average hotel. Not quite up to Park Hyatt standards, but still very nice."

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of March 2007

How can you start a review on a Hotel li...

Reviewed Sun 4th of March 2007

"How can you start a review on a Hotel like this? It’s very hard, simply because I have no comparison, nothing, period.

I have stayed at quite a few hotels on business and pleasure but absolutely nothing comes close to the experience we enjoyed here.

I'll take it in stages I think, first of all the hotel itself.

Everything about this place was clean, fresh and had the impression of having been cleaned moments before you saw it, sumptuous is a word that does not do justice to the facilities and decor.

Eeven getting lost (which you can do very easily) is a pleasure, with sculptures and a new view just around the corner.

At no stage did we have that "Hotel corridor" feeling, the pool area was immaculate as were the many (and I do mean many) dining areas. You get the distinct feeling that no expense has been spared in giving you the ultimate in comfort and luxury.

Next I have the pleasure of talking about the staff.

The staff were a representation of Dubai itself, from the Balinese boys that cleaned your room to the Thai girls that served you lunch we were treat.

With a genuine courtesy, this was not the American rehearsed "have a nice day" approach to customer service, you genuinely got the feeling that the really wanted to open that door for you or refresh your glass with wine or iced water.

I mentioned earlier about getting lost in the hotel, this is nothing to be worried about, no not at all, because very soon after you discover you don’t know where you are - you will turn a corner and there will be a member of the hotel staff waiting to take you to your destination, and happy to do so.

Nothing is too much trouble.

We ordered room service whilst sitting on our balcony enjoying the view of the Dubai Creek (every room has one) and we did not hear it arrive, after knocking a few times the waiter then rang the room and apologised for disturbing us.

This is typical, your pleasure is paramount and if you have any need or desire, the staff are happy and eager to try to comply.

Overall this has been for me, without doubt the most enjoyable stay ever in a hotel, which is sad really, because now every where I go, this will be the yardstick that will be used in other locations, how unfair is that?

If you go, and I sincerely hope you do, you will never regret it aside from all of the above Dubai is incredible and having a place like the Park Hyatt to rest your head just doubles the experience, I wish you well and luck, because it looks like this will be booked out for a long time to come."

• Travel date: Sun 4th of March 2007

A perfect hotel"

Reviewed Mon 15th of October 2012

"I travelled through the Gulf States (Saudi Arabia, Kuwait etc …) in November for business. In every town I stayed in the best hotel and I can clearly state that the Park Hyatt Dubai was the best experience. In every hotel that I had stayed there were a number of issues that bothered me but at the Park Hyatt, I could not find a single fault!

The hotel is located near the airport but is nice and quiet.
The hotel has THE golf course in Dubai.
The hotel is built like a small Moroccan palace and has a very intimate and cosy atmosphere. The decoration of the building, the corridors and the rooms themselves is exquisite: warm and understated – nothing flashy or cheap here.
You have a wonderful view from your room on the waterfront and the high rises of Dubai.
A very cosmopolitan staff (Japanese, German, Russian, etc …) with impeccable manners and work attitude.
A wonderful breakfast room with a great and rich buffett.
A great pool side.

In sum a great place that I look forward to visiting on my next trip."

• Travel date: Sun 28th of January 2007

Spectacular property in Dubai!

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"I enjoyed a too-short one night stay at the Park Hyatt in January, 2007. This hotel is world-class, and stands out amongst the offerings in Dubai. The location is very convenient to the airport, but provides a secluded escape from the noise and traffic in Dubai. Room quality and design is outstanding, with a huge rainfall shower and free-standing tub, and top quality bedding and furnishings. Most of the rooms face lawns adjacent to a marina on Dubai creek, and the hotel is adjacent to a gold course on the entrance side, both of which work to create an effective buffer from the city. The hotel feels like a world-class resort, with service and food to match. The French/European restaurant is one of the best in all of Dubai, and the hotel restaurant on the boardwalk by the marina is scenic, breezy, and great for light meals and late night drinks and shisha. There is also a Thai restaurant within the hotel, which I did not have the opportunity to try. The pool area is spectacular, with great service, comfortable lounges, and dense palm trees spaced throughout. Highly recommended for business travel or leisure travel in Dubai, especially if proximity to the beach is not important to you."

• Travel date: Wed 24th of January 2007

Great city hotel

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"Beautiful hotel, have no idea why others complain on this site about the service as we experienced 5 star service throughout our 2 night stay.
The rooms were great with egg shaped bathtubs and huge walk in showers. Pool area/spa fantastic and I would definitely recommend as an alternative to the hotels in the Jumeirah area as it is well away from the extensive building work currently going on in Dubai.
We loved the The Terrace which was a great place to chill of an evening, great all day menu and wonderful views over the Dubai creek and yacht club. Food in the Thai restaurant was also excellent and service speedy. Highly recommended."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of January 2007

Nice property, bad service

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"Booked the FHR rate through the AMEX Platinum Travel Service, but the complimentary upgrade and the 100 USD Spa Credit couldn't be used, as there was no availability. Late Check Out was unneccessary due to the early departure time of the flight.
Quite nice property and rooms, they are the highlight of the hotel. We had a Deluxe King Creekview room from where we could see the Emirates Towers, Burj Dubai, the "old Skyline" in the city. But the noise of cars, dhaus and the yachts can be quite disturbing.
Staff is not properly trained and so we didn't get any reply to our transfer- and restaurant reservation request for New Year's Eve which was sent via email and fax one week in advance.
Transfer could finally be arranged throught Platinum Travel Service, but restaurants were fully booked when we arrived on Dec 29th.
For breakfast you have to be aware of flying milk pots and flying eggs towards you.
Finally a dinner on Dec 31st. was arranged in the Lobby Lounge and it was really bad , as it was just more or less the In Room Dining menu.
All in all the hotel is substandard. If you just stay for a business trip and do not plan to use the restaurants there, then it's OK."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of January 2007

Another perfect Park Hyatt property

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"This place is perfection. A beautifully desgined property with minimalistic Arabian hues. I do understand why other visitors have suggested it is a little spread out, but once you get used to where various places are within the hotel, actually it is a benefit to have so much space.

The bars and restaurants in my opinion were excellent, as was the service. Beautiful view from my room overlooking the creek and the harbour.

I was planning to stay in a adifferent hotel when I return in March, but I have cancelled that and will come back here, it is perfection. It is more of a business hotel, rather than a tourist spot, but that is a reason to stay here !"

• Travel date: Sun 26th of November 2006

Oasis in the Desert

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"Beautiful and stylish hotel, an oasis of calm and serenity away from the sprawl of beachside tourist and tacky 'arabian nights' hotels. This hotel is not close to the tourist attractions and beach (about a 20 minute drive) however this was not a bad thing as we looked forward to getting back to the hotel for some peace and quite at the end of a busy day. There is a shopping centre across the road (Deira City Centre) which has most retailers and food outlets.

The rooms were gorgeous with a big bed and a great bathroom featuring an egg shaped bathtub and candle. Pool area was relaxing and deck chairs were well spaced and plentiful. I was also treated to the best massage I have ever experienced at the Spa Amara, which features music menu and outside shower.

Another highlight was The Terrace at night which featured beanbags and couches to relax on and smoke fragrant Sheisha Pipes whilst the light breeze of the Creek cooled us down.

We had no issues with service at any of the restaurants and room service was the speediest we have ever experienced.

Food was also excellent and the breakfast spread was diverse featuring the best fresh fruit selection I have enjoyed at a hotel.

Also recommend the Desert Safari tours which was the holiday highlight. Concierge are very helpful with bookings and information."

• Travel date: Fri 10th of November 2006

great place, patchy service

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"Stayed 4 days , 3 nights on way back from Kerala and its a very impressive building. Only 15 minutes from the airport your whisked into the huge reception and given a full guide of the hotel. The receptionist also takes you to your room, a good job as the hotel whilst being small, about 250 rooms I think she said, is very spralling. The food was good however the service was eratic. Breakfast , which was an amazing spread, on 2 days we had to wait over 10 minutes for tea, toast that never came. On the 3rd day it was the opposite, prompt and excellent.
Had dinner at the cafe arabesc and got the bill for a large family , not what two persons would obviously eat. The facilities pool and cleanliness are excellent. A member of staff seemed to situated cleaning every 50 yards and they were always friendly and polite.
If your a pompous business person avoid it and leave to polite honeymooner's like us."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of October 2006

Superb setting

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"The Hotel is beautiful with outstanding gardens on the banks of the Dubai creek.The rooms were also superb and the service excellent. Of course it is also easy to get to the souks and one is away from the building works. No beach but the pool area is also beautiful"

• Travel date: Tue 17th of October 2006

Stunning Hotel in a great location

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"I stayed at this hotel in June 2006 for three nights. I loved the tranquility of the hotel which is due to its location around the Dubai Creek Golf & Yacht Club, even though in theory it's right in the centre of an amazingly busy city.

The decor of the hotel is stunning, quite minimalist yet comfortable. The lobby area is lovely - quite relaxing.

Due to the fact that the hotel is NOT high-rise the rooms are spread out over an area and its got the most confusing layout of any hotel I've ever been in but the beauty of the entire place along with the art work along the way more than make up for any inconvenience.

The room was fantastic, very large with a business desk with all facilities in it. The bathroom was amazing, openplan with a seperated toilet & shower area but the free-standing bath was in the middle of the open plan room. I arrived at night so when i pulled back the curtains in the morning the view from my room was so beautiful. All rooms have Creek views and my room overlooked the marina area with all the yachts - it was stunning.

I am a travel agent and have visited Dubai four times, I've been in a lot of hotels in Dubai through my work and this hotel impressed me more than most I have to say and would recommend it to others and would love to stay in it myself again."

• Travel date: Thu 12th of October 2006