One & Only Royal Mirage Resort

Al Soufoh Road , Jumeirah Road, PO Box 37252 , Dubai , United Arab Emirates , Middle East

Can't spell either

"Got a feeling Mr Manchester works for Le Royal Meridien but then again if he cannot spell it properly then mabe not !
Quite simply faultless property and service. Certainly not Butlins as the aforementioned tried to suggest.
The whole place oozes class and is as good as any "One and Only" property I have stayed in.

SUPERB !"

• Travel date: Sat 16th of July 2005

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC

"I have just returned from 8 days of sheer Luxury in the Arabian Court at The Royal Mirage. It was the most magical place I have ever stayed in. The Staff could not do enough for you and were extremely friendly, polite and knowledgeable. Despite the hotel being full we never felt as if there were too many people and certainly never had to queue for Breakfast.

We tried quite a few of the restaurants and we booked them 24 / 48 hours in advance and had no problems with the reservations. I can certainly recommend Eau Zone, we went twice and Celebrities. I wasn't too keen on Nina's but then I'm not a fan of spicy food. The Beach Bar and Grill was OK but there was a lack of seafood, which was a bit odd as it sold itself as a seafood restaurant!!

We mainly lounged on the beach as in temps of 40 degrees + there was a slight breeze which there wasn't by the pools and this made things a tad more comfortable. The beach staff were continually replenishing our water (with ice) and came round with fruit, cold towels etc.

We did go for afternoon tea at the Burj al Arab and quite honestly after the over the top decor bordering on bad taste we were really looking forward to going back to the calm and tranquility of the Royal Mirage to our lovely room and friendly staff.

Outside of the Hotel (which you may struggle to ever want to leave) I can highly recommend the Sundowner Desert Safari, very well organised and excellent value for money and the Wild Wadi Water Park very good fun although to be honest it was probably too hot at the time of year we went. We also went to the Madinat hotel, next to the Wild Wadi and had an excellent meal in a seafood restaurant called Pisces. Although very expensive I can't recommend it highly enough, you get what you pay for!!

I would return to the Royal Mirage tomorrow and I'll certainly be saving for my next trip there."

• Travel date: Mon 13th of June 2005

best holiday ever

Good

"Just got back from 5 night stay at royal mirage arabian court.
Have stayed in so called 5* resorts all over the world and none have come close to the standards here. The food was amazing especially enjoyed eauzone.
Service was superb did not encounter one member of staff that was even slightly indifferent let alone rude. stayed at the burg for last night but thought standards and service in the arabian ciourt were better and less than half the price. It was the most relaxing holiday we ever had , maybe it was all the chillout music everywhere!
Especially enjoyed the sunsets at the rooftop bar and heard the rooms at the arabian court were much nicer than the palace ones.
Highly reccomended would definitely return."

• Travel date: Sat 11th of June 2005

The wonderful Arabian Court

"What can be said about the 'Arabian Court' at 'The One and Only Royal Mirage' what has not been said in other reviews. The hotel is wonderful and all staff are ready and willing to make you feel special for your stay. The restaurants within the hotel are absolutely first class, Ninas is to die for. My wife and I ran out of superlatives to describe the staff, the service, the room and the food. I advise that if you are considering going to Dubai stay at this hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of May 2005

Overall a great stay

"The hotel was absolutely lovely - the design has just got to be seen to be believed and the decor has been done with real style.

The rooftop bar is amazing and such a great place to chill out and have snacks and drinks.

The service was very good - a bit slow round the pool to get a waiter, but not really that bad. We didn't have to wait to get a booking at the restaurants at all and service there was excellent.

We went over to the residence and thought the atmosphere at Arabian court was much nicer ( though there were kids at arabian court). We had afternoon tea at the residence (which is included in the room rate for people staying there - but we paid) and the chef went to the special trouble of making scones just for us with clotted cream!

If you are thinking of going - don't let the nearby Palm construction put you off - its visible from the beach - but the noise is not really that noticeable. It didn't bother us at all."

• Travel date: Mon 18th of April 2005

great hotel - especially for children

"Hotel was great - we travelled with a one year old and a three year old. The creche staff could not have been better- very keen on the children, very helpful. Our one year old had an assigned lady from the creche to look after her for two hours every afternoon while we had a break and our 3 year old loved going to the activities. The babysitting worked out well and was very good value
The restaurants were great -although we prebooked before we travelled and the bars also fantastic.
We would go again - and it was nice to be outside term time as the only children were ones the same age as ours"

• Travel date: Sun 10th of April 2005

I also wonder who the fool is

"My husband I stayed the the Royal Mirage and have to say it was superb - like a cruise without the water!!! The staff could not do enough for you, yes the food was leisurely but hey, you're on holiday and quite honestly why not ask people to join in pool games - why not at a 5 star hotel. I have stayed at the Royal Meridien in Dubai and they too have pool games AND its a lot noisier. I couldn't agree more, its a lovely hotel but there's always someone ready to moan and complain. Try staying at some of our so-called 5 star hotels in the UK."

• Travel date: Fri 18th of March 2005

A good choice for a family trip to Dubai

"We stayed at this hotel over the half term week and our only disappointment was the weather. The hotel buildings were beautiful, the staff extremely helpful and the pool area exceptionally good. We did not queue for any meals, all of which were excellent and the choice of restaurants accross the three hotels was amazing. The tennis courts were very good and we were able to play tennis when we wanted through a reservation system.
There are events each day for children to join in at the pool but none are compulsory and these do not last for long. My children aged 12 and 10 did not choose to join in but the pool is really large and they found plenty of space to do their own thing. I really liked the fact that there was so much space around the pool for the sun loungers and the pool staff were really helpful and attentive.
The hotel is a really good choice for families. We had two rooms, which were situated together off a small lobby and were very comfortable. All the hotel rooms face the Gulf. The hotel is situated next to a large area being developed to lead on to the Palm. You can see and hear the building work from the balcony but it is not that close - Dubai is one giant building site and you cannot escape this - however you cannot hear the building work when you are out in the 60 acres of hotel grounds. The grounds were well landcaped and very pleasant to walk around. The private beach was also very pleasant.
This was an excellent choice for a holiday and we will certainly be returning. I think if you are a couple considering the One and Only Mirage for a holiday, the Residence and Spa would be quieter and more exclusive."

• Travel date: Thu 24th of February 2005

Disappointed

Good

"Just returned from 1 week at the Arabian Court, 1st night had to complain about loud music. Picked the wrong week as it was half term so there were quite a few children. Room lovely. Having to queue for breakfast not acceptable for a 5 star hotel. Public areas beautiful and the staff/service generally good with a few niggles. Food ok."

• Travel date: Fri 18th of February 2005

best hotel and great service

"This was the third time in dubai for us and first time in this resort. The hotel is beautiful and the staff were excellent. What can i say about the food we were on half board but you get credit for food in the other restaurants our best ones were Nina's, celebrties and the beach bar and grill at the palace. The only one which let us down was the Tagine morrocan restaurant very poor service and the food was okay very over rated they need to train the staff. We will return to this resort."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of January 2005

Stayed for 3 weeks, got married in Duba...

"Stayed for 3 weeks, got married in Dubai, and had our reception at the Royal Mirage.

On arrival at 1am we were greeted with hot and cold drinks, cakes, biscuits etc and were given cold scented towels to refresh ourselves.

Our room and bathroom were liberally sprinkled with red rose petals and the room was full of fresh flowers and bowls of fresh fruit which were refreshed daily.

Our wedding reception was incredible, 25 guests and we had 25 staff looking after our every need including a manager who got colouring books for the 3 kids and sat on the floor with them.

The staff are quiet, discreet but always close by to attend to anything you may need, be it Earl Grey tea and strawberry tarts at 5pm, or just to order a newspaper.

Where else do you get served glasses of ice cold water by the pool, and be given small plates of fresh fruit and get your sunglasses cleaned while you soak up the sun’s rays round one of the pools.

The beach was brushed daily and the slightest bit of litter was removed almost instantly, the restaurants catered to every taste from Moroccan to Italian, from Arab to European, steaks, seafood, salads and Japanese cuisine are all available in any of the many restaurants throughout the hotel grounds. A fleet of Mercedes limos will whisk you from and to any part of the hotel grounds if you do not feel like walking.

From the room boys to the managers everyone is available to do whatever they can to make your stay memorable.

Would we go back ? It’s already booked !"

• Travel date: Mon 17th of September 2007

My husband and I were treated by our dau...

"My husband and I were treated by our daughter and son-in-law to a wonderful stay at the One & Only Royal Mirage for 8 days. This was absolute luxury - we had a holiday of a lifetime and would recommend it to anyone who feels they deserve a lot of pampering as this is certainly the place for that. The staff the food the suite everything was just superb and the staff were extremely helpful and always had a friendly smile. The service was beyond words. All the restaurants were super - it was difficult to decide each night which one to go to - such an excellent choice the food was absolutely marvellous in each of them. This is most definitely a 5 Star Plus. "

• Travel date: Thu 21st of September 2006

Hotels near One & Only Royal Mirage Resort

Stayed at One & Only Royal Mirage Resort? Share your insight.

One & Only Royal Mirage Resort is also called