Twin Room

• tv other russia
  • tv channel one russia

GREAT HOLIDAY

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"This was a great all round trip with a pick up in a Jaguar. Rooms very nice, went half board which was best thing to do as food is quite expensive but the restaurant food was to a very good standard. Ideal spot to be located with the beach across the road. Make sure you find out about shuttle buses as there are several free to the various shopping malls. Taxi are cheap and a very good alternative. Main thing against this holiday was lack of sun beds but the staff were very helpful finding a seat instead. It was just bearable heat wise this time of year, would not go in June, July, August. On a final point the hotel made a mistake on our check out and we ended up missing our flight and paid for one the next day which was lucky, but you do forget what day it is on holiday so both sides to blame."

• Travel date: 27th May 2010

Had a great holiday

Reviewed 6th November 2012

"The reception was excellent and the rooms spacious and exceptionally clean. The bed was one of the best I have slept in. We paid for half board. Breakfast and dinner excellent quality and the staff very, if not a little over, attentive. The only problem was the loud 'rhythm and base' noise which followed you from restaurant to crowded pool area! From morning until late at night. After our third night we complained very forcefully to the restaurant manager who seemed to listen as the 'noise' was reduced in volume and there was some more melodic tracks played. We asked what market they were aiming to attract and he said the young and chic which I assume he meant young girls with none of their own money who stayed for a few hours before going to clubs! very sensible. Most of the guests seemed to avoid the hotel bar after their meal and walk over to the Hilton opposite for piece and quite. I will definitely recommend to friends but not a place to sit around the pool or in the bar. Get out and enjoy the architecture, historic centres, beach and desert."

• Travel date: 25th May 2010

Lovely Holiday

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"Traveled with partner and two little children. We got the 7 nights for 5 offer, and it was a lovely stay. The Hotel is located in the heart of the walk and is very vibrant area, more even more so on weekend evenings! The hotel is very new/fresh, modern & rooms are very clean. The view from the room is excellent and we were able to catch some rays on the balcony while the kids had an afternoon nap! If your walk quick enough you can get from the front of the hotel to the beach front in about 5 minutes, with kids it takes a little longer, however it was no bother at all. In terms of the public beach, i was surprised that it wasn’t actually that busy at all, yes there were people around, but Brighton beach on a sunny day it was not!! Being a public beach there are no loungers/parasols, but we took our own towels and i bought a parasol for 65AED form a 24hr supermarket just to the right of the hotel on the walk (1st floor). Speaking with the restaurant manager, he said they are trying to buy the sales building right opposite the hotel to convert in to a water sports centre as well as get a section of the beach.....however this just seems posibilities at the moment. In terms of the pool area, i only went there once and managed to get a lounger....i didnt travel all that way to sit next to a pool when there is a lovely beach on the doorstep!!....there are not loads of loungers, however it is annoying when people are nowhere to be seen but have left towels on the loungers. The hotel should introduce a policy of towels & belonging being cleared away after a certain time.....but as i said it didnt bother me as i wasnt there for the pool. The pool area is in the shade early in the morning but i think by about 10/11ish it is in the sun for most of the day. The gym is decent, not everything you need but enough to have a decent workout. The hotel restaurant (The Talk) food wasnt bad, there was a decent selection. Our first Lunch (friday) was really good, BBQ, carvery and some, but i assume this was just for the start of the weekend as it wasnt as good for the remainder of the stay. Having 2 little ones we needed the halfboard option, however if its not included in your package, i wouldn’t recommend it as there is tons of choice out on the walk. As previously mentioned, breakfast was good with plenty of choice. Some of the staff at the restaurant were really annoying, they either were trying to be very attentive or had nothing to do and would just stand there watching you waiting to clear the table, there where times we would have got up to get a drink/more food/desert and food that we were not finished with would be gone....there were times i was eating and just put the fork down for a minute to deal with the little ones and they would ask are you done??!! It made it very uncomfortable and on our last night the restaurant manager asked for feedback which i gave!! I hope it is taken on board! For such a large hotel, they have only 1 high chair, having 2 littluns this was a problem.....they are on 'order' apparently! Overall, it was a great hotel, a lovely break and i would reccomend it. As you will know they have only recently opened so expect a few teething problems for the coming months! What we didnt find out until the night before we were leaving was that there are shuttle busses going to some of the malls with further malls currently trying to be added. The hotel is charging 200 AED for airport transfer, this is cheap in comparison to others and with our flight arrinving late we booked it as we had the kids. I suggest you get a taxi as they are very cheap, they don’t rip you off and on the return journey at about 12:30 in the afternoon it cost me 60AED!!"

• Travel date: 14th May 2010

The Staff Fantastic

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"I wanna thank All staff ,the food is good and service in room great also when we came we received amazing welcome from front office team speciall the arabic receptionist he help us the long stay thanks for all :)"

• Travel date: 11th May 2010

fantastic hotel in great location

Reviewed 11th October 2012

"On arrival at this hotel, my first impressions were that it was very modern and sophisticated, and we were met by a member of staff who kindly gave us some complimentary drinks, which were beautiful. We arrived at the hotel at approximately 09.00 and we were aware that check in wasnt until14:00, though at reception the member of staff immediately called room service and asked the maids to have aroom ready asap, we were in our room within the hour, which i felt was fantastic, rather having to wait until 14:00. On arrival at our rooms i was very impressed, very spacious and contemporary, you can clearly tell this is a very new hotel. Rooms are immaculate and the beds were very comfortable, also maid service was every other day, which i felt was great. My partner and i were at the hotel on a bed and breakfast basis and even though we only managed to make breakfast 3 times out of the week, i felt the breakfast offered was exceptional. Everything you could imagine or want at breakfast was there on offer, and all hot food was piping hot with such a wide selection, everything seemed to be done very efficient and professionally. The pool area was gorgeous and there were constantly staff nearby handing out cold towels to cool yourselves down with, and if you wanted any food or drinks, you only had to ask and would be brought to you. Overall i thought this hotel was well worthy of a 5 star, the staff were so happy and cheery, the decor was gorgeous both in and around the hotel and in each room, and i just felt that you were made to feel like royalty, would not hesitate to come back here, great location also"

• Travel date: 5th May 2010

Lovely hotel, great staff and in a nice location

Reviewed 20th October 2012

"Visiting Dubai for the first time my wife and I thought the hotel was very good and the staff couldn't do enough for you. The room was clean and spacious, the only niggle is that they couldn't get the minibar to work properly in our room. The breakfast was good with everything you could want. The other niggle was that some guests reserved the sun loungers around the pool and then went off for breakfast, this should not be tolerated. We would go back to this hotel although I don't think we would get the same deal. Highly recommended."

• Travel date: 10th April 2010

Great Location and Service

Reviewed 6th November 2012

"Mövenpick Jumeirah Beach opened in March 2010. Prices at this hotel are a bit lower than Hilton, Hyatt etc. along the beach, but Mövenpick's location is just as great. In other words; good value for money if you want to stay near the beach. The hotel does not have a private beach, but that's okay as long as you don't require a sun lounger and beach bar and it keeps prices down. The service is good and staff are very helpful, but that should also be expected from a 5 star hotel. Also, the rooms have nice balconies and are spacious. A nice bonus. The bathroom solution is a bit strange (open solution), but you'll manage as long as you stay with someone you know well. Not as excellent as Hyatt, Hilton or similar, but pretty close. Internet is too expensive."

• Travel date: 7th April 2010

nice but not excelent

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"Hotel was really nice but nothing special what I expected for five star hotel. There were lots of staff around hotel and sometimes it would be nicer if there hadn't been staff around you all the time. Hotel is located near by beach, but there is driving boulevard between hotel and beach and also some empty house and parking lot. But beach is near and it takes only couple of minutes to walk there. And if the main purpose is to relax and lay on beach and swim in sea, the location is just perfect. We had superior room at 12 th floor and full sea view. From balcony the view wasn't that nice it could have been because the parking lot and empty building were seen in front of the beautiful sea. Hotel has no private beach and it means that there is no facilities for mövenpick hotel gests at beach. Pool area was nice but there definitely are better pool areas some place else. Pool area was quiet small, there were 40 chairs by pool and it was not enaugh. If you wanted a chair you should get up as early as 8 am to get one because after that all chairs were taken for whole day and when you are on holiday wakeing up that early isn't very nice. Sun was shining to pool area quiet well but not all the time. Rooms were nice, there were somekind of wooden window between bathroom and room, I didn't like it because I prefer complete privateness at bathroom. Bathtub wasn't deep enough that bathing there would have been relaxing. Rooms were cleaned up every day and towels and sheet changed. There were no "hotelbook" in rooms where you could have been able to look hotels services etc. and tv-services hotels guide sites weren't ready. So there weren't enough information about hotels services. Soundproofing was quiet good when your next room neighbours were behaving normally but there were some problems when they weren't. At our last nigt there was false fire alarm about 2 am. It took only about 30 seconds but I'm almost sure that every guest at hotel woke up for that and still there were no apologies from hotell staff next morning. After false alarm our next room neighbour turned music on and after listening his music he started to yell to someone in his room. It turned out that he had payed women in his room and they were arguing about her "working ours" and pay. It wasn't nice to hear that kind of things from other guests rooms. And I think it's shame that hotel allouds that kind of activity at all. Without false alarm I perhaps wouldn't wake up for those noises comin next room... Breakfast didn't include to our hotel package but we ate once it at hotel. Breakfast wasn't any special and I think we got better value for our money at restaurants and cafe's nearby hotel. At our last night we took dinner buffet at hotel's TALK restaurant and it was really good and worth of every dirham. I would recommend the hotel if you can get really good offer but at full rate there is possible better hotels at same rate."

• Travel date: 1st April 2010

OK, considering it's the opening week

Reviewed 8th October 2012

"When I booked an Executive Room at the Movenpick Jumeirah for a girls weekend away (eating, drinking, shopping), I understood that this is a new hotel and there may be some hiccups. I prefer to book Executive rooms in hotels because, usually, for not much more money you get a nicer room and lots of extras (breakfast, snacks, cocktails). I contacted customer service by email for a car from the airport and they had a driver waiting for me upon arrival. So far, no problem. I also contacted customer service to request 2 twin beds instead of a king bed. Unfortunately, when I arrived this arrangement had not been completed and check-in took 30 minutes. Once I finally receive the keys, I notice that I'm not assigned to an Executive floor. So after another 10 minutes of waiting, I receive the keys to my correct room. Then the lady tells me that hotel does not yet have an alcohol license, and therefore no free booz in the Executive lounge. Had I known that, I would have booked at the Westin. This hotel took months to construct, and they wait until the last minute to apply for an alcohol license? Really!! So I make it to the room which is small compared to other Dubai area Executive rooms. It was adequate but nothing special. Nice toiletries in the bathroom and the rainfall shower was nice. The breakfast buffet in the Executive lounge was wonderful. Fresh smooties, great lattes, egg station, and amazing fruit selection. The Executive lounge has outdoor seating as well which has a great view of the Palm. We ordered from room service several times and the food was always excellent with large portions. Didn't try the restaurants. This hotel is across the street from the beach. You must walk across to gain access to the public beach (no private facilities for the hotel). We went to the pool just for a look. The website says it's an infinity pool but it's not. The lounge chairs looked nice and you can get service around the pool. Most of the pool was shaded by the surrounding buildings. Check-out was equally as slow as check-in. Overall, I would not stay here again. It wasn't terrible, but for the same price you can get much better facilities at other hotels in Jumeirah."

• Travel date: 22nd March 2010