Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa

Al Mamsha Street, Dubai 24970 United Arab Emirates

Good

Fabulous!

"Got back from Dubai today - wish I was still there!!! Have been to Dubai several times staying in Mna S'alam, Hatta Fort + others so I know what to expect of the standard of hotels. The Meridien was lovely - we stayed in a Tower room which had a great view of the beach + pool area. We were goven a complementary bottle of wine every night but as we don't drink we just exchanged them for fruit juices instead! Teh canapes were nice but I have to say that the canapes in the Mina S'alam were much better with LOADS more choice! I loved the Hermes toiletries in the bathroom which were replenished twice a day! The staff were wonderful - we were met at the airport + our driver gave us cold towels + a bottle of water which was very welcome! Yes, there is a lot of construction work going on but we didn't notice it in our room - if we'd had a land view room I would imagine it would be quite noisy. We ate at Fusion + the Brasserie but only for breakfast + it was lovely. Last night we ate at Al Khaima which is on the way to the beach + the service + food was second to none.
I would most certainly recommend this hotel + will definitely go back! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 18th of July 2005

There are better

"There are much better hotels in dubai than this, the rooms are average and could do with modernisation. The beach and pool are nice but it could do better"

• Travel date: Thu 14th of July 2005

ABSOLUTELY EXCELLENT

"This is the best Hotel we have ever had the pleasure of staying in. We stayed here in a Club Room in March 05.

Sheer opulence and pure class.

The Hotel entrance, grounds, and rooms are all magnificent. Tidy, clean, polished and buffed to perfection, every day people are constantly tidying and polishing things !

The staff are the friendliest hotel staff we have ever met ! And their warmth and helpfulness is genuine. They will not let you lift a finger if they are there to help you.

The little things like the welcome drinks, the fresh fruit left in your room daily, the newspapers, evening chocolates etc. pale into insignificance once you start to experience this hotel. The pool areas and pool staff are so friendly and helpful, and even play & help the kids around the pool !

The pool toilets have Molton Brown products...what more can I say.

We went for dinner at the restaurant in the 7* Burj Al Arab hotel which was nice, but a bit over the top and almost tacky interior, although a wonderful experience. And was typical of the Bell Boys at the Hotel to whistle over a stunning Limousine to take us there !

However, the restaurants in Le Royal Meridien are absolutely amazing, and in our opinion, just as good as the Burj ! The 'Fusion' was my absolute favourite, the Thai food was delicious and top quality and the waiters were so very professional and friendly. My husband preferred the fresh fish restaurant where you pick your own fresh fish or Lobster from the tank to be weighed then cooked.

However, all the restaurants are of top quality at the Royal Meridien, it was so good to be able to choose from a number of such high quality places to eat. And were all equal to some of the top restaurants we go to in London.

The beach was gorgeous too, but the water can be slightly too cold, so we preferred to stay by the pool and be served drinks/snacks/Haagen Daaz all day !

The gym, spa and hammam pools were superb. 10 times better than our own local gym. And amazing views out over the sea whilst pounding away on the treadmill.

And obviously the weather is beautiful, I hear it gets very very hot mid year, and i dont think I would venture out that way until later in the year or March again, as although v hot, it was bearable.

It is not cheap here, however, I cannot express enough how much it is worth visiting.

What a place. Excellent is not a strong enough word."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of July 2005

The best hotel I have ever stayed in !!!!!

"Arrived here for my 40th Birthday, its a little piece of heaven on earth xx We stayed in the main part of hotel, our room had a spectacular seaview , and was so peaceful!
You are made to feel so special here, nothing is too much trouble. All my friends had heard its an expensive place to visit, well its not! The meals are such great value, huge huge portions !!
The little things really do put this hotel above all the rest, icy cold flannels to cool you when your sunbathing, bottles of cold water spray, again while your sunbathing, little slush drinks timed beautifully throughout the day. The good morning smiles and hello's, all staff are wonderful... faultless.
Best restaurant has to be "Prime Rib" or "Fusion" both are equally fab, so go and enjoy.......every waking minute !!"

• Travel date: Wed 29th of June 2005

To Live Like A King

"It was my second visit to Dubai this year once for 3 days and then again for another 7 nights, We stayed at the Le Royal and i tell you it was great.
Our first impressions when we got out of the cab at the main entrance was thet you are greeted by the staff and welcomed with open arms.
Then you are brought to reception, well a small desk and whilst waiting brought out some fruit punch,even though we were only there five minutes ,i felt that i was more relaxed and had said hello to everyone that passed,everyone were smiling,those being the staff.
We were then brought to our room (after our punch of course) by a lovely front desk manager and shown around the room and what we have amenity wise to play with.
The rooms were nice and fresh looking and were cleaned and turned everyday,with petals and chocolates being placed on the quilts.

The staff, everyone was excellent and so helpful, they could not do enough for you, this is what i liked and what was worth the extra money.
So we put our bags away,well for me thru them in a corner, my girlfriend had to hang her clothes up,and we went on walk about, the pool is excellent, very safe as 3-4 lifeguards around everytime and good bar food .From the pool area it leads down to the greens and then to the beach where you have water sports etc,again excellent and staff here were also so friendly.
There some nice restaurants in this hotel and two bars in the main hotel namely the Piano Bar and Satchmo's down stairs.Bother had music and were cool to listen to,very relaxing i thought with a drink.

The one thing i regretted though was not getting stuff in s upermarket as you are paying top dollar at these hotels even for a coke, i made out that we could of save 2-300 euro if we went to the market and got nibbles and minerals,you would be amazed.

Overall, an excellent place, very relaxing ,try the spa-its great and the staff are the best in the world,you will literally be treated like a king.

Mark Lane
Cork,Ireland

And remember one thing,"you cant take it with you""

• Travel date: Tue 21st of June 2005

The Royal Treatment

"Stayed at the hotel from 7 June for 10 days in a tower room and had a fantastic time.

We were collected from the airport in a BMW 7 Series and were given cold face towels and drinks from the driver, a great touch after the 7 hour flight. Check in was smooth and by the time we went to our room the bags were already there waiting.

The service at the hotel was fantastic, everyone greeted you with a good morning, afternoon or evening and even enquired if you had a nice day. Nothing was too much trouble. The breakfasts in fusion were superb, lots and lots of choice.

The restuarants in the hotel are all very good but ossigeno in our opinion was the best.

The building work for us was NOT an issue. There was a bit of banging and a few drills but it didn't spoil our trip at all.

A visit to the new sister hotel Grosvenor House at the marina is a must, as is dinner at their mezzanine restuarant. It's not cheap but the food is amazing and your meal will be overseen by the ex head chef to Prince Charles!!

A superb 5* hotel and without hesitation would recommend it, we will be back next year for more of the same."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of June 2005

Perfect 4 days

"I arrived back from this fantastic hotel 4 days ago after a blissful long weekend here.

I have been fortunate to have stayed in other hotels in Dubai but keep coming back to this one. Whilst im always tempted to try somewhere else the old saying "if it aint broke........"pops into my head!

The staff are first class,everyone is so courteous and friendly towards you.
I stayed in a Tower Room which has its own check in service ,but since I stayed here back in 2003 they seem to have stepped up a gear even further.

Our beautiful sea view room greeted us with a complimentary breakfast and a bottle of champagne! There were fresh flowers in our room and bathroom which is a lovely touch.
The Tower rooms offer butler service , a complimentary bottle of wine each night and canapes served in your room.

Yes,the hotel is surrounded by construction but I can honestly say it does not affect your stay at all. We barely heard the noise during the day .There was no dust and the sea was still beautifully clear (and warm!)
Throughout the day the staff walked around offering cold flannels and ice cold water sprays which was very well received!

The Spa is also worth a visit. There is a sauna ,steam room, jacuzzi and the hamman pools .

Buffet breakfast at the brasserie was excellent. Ossigenos-one of the Italian restaurants was superb as was Al Khaima on the beach.

I cannot fault this hotel at all. The only problem is trying to drag myself away from coming back to Dubai again ,but when you know you are guaranteed such a wonderful and relaxing time its hard not too!"

• Travel date: Sat 11th of June 2005

Excellent hotel

Good

"Just returned from a long weekend in this hotel.

We stayed in a tower room which was excellent. Free wine and Canapes every night and your own butler.

The beach and pool are both great, although the construction work can be heard from the pools.

Breakfast is excellent quality with lots of choice and we also ate in Fusion which was excellent - not cheap but good value.

Probably the most impressive thing about this hotel is the staff - very attentive and friendly - nothing is too much trouble.

Airport transfers in a 7-series BMW.

On a minus point I book through lastminute and the hotel didnt accept the reservation as lastinute have outstanding unpaid bills. I had to settle my room bill separately despite having paid lastminute for the package. If you've booked through lastminute i'd recommend confirming your reservation directly with the hotel before travelling."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of June 2005

A Fantastic Hotel

"My sister-in-law and I had a week at this hotel in April and we stayed in a club room. The hotel was fantastic and because we booked a club room, we had a seperate check-in area and we received free pre-dinner drinks (kir royal!) and canapes in the private lounge. The room was excellent, great balcony views over the sea and pool area. The breakfast buffet was huge. The toasted cheese and ham sarnies at the beach bar were fab. The pools were busy, quite a few kids, but then it was the Easter break. We went back to our room one afternoon and there was a huge chocolate Easter egg in the room!! The restaurants were all excellent especially the Chinese and the Steak House. There was a bit of building work going on behind the hotel, but we didn't see that as we were on the beach all day. A waiter even came around with cold flannels to cool you down on the beach! Excellent. I have been to Dubai quite a few times stayed at Jebel Ali about four times but this hotel is far superior. I am going back to Dubai in July with my husband. We have decided to try the Mina A Salaam this time because I wanted to go there ever since I saw pictures of it on the web."

• Travel date: Mon 6th of June 2005

This Hotel Was Top Class!

"We arrived back on june 4th and we were a family of 6 adults, one child and one infant. We all had a wonderful time staying in this hotel!! The kids loved it, the adults had things to do and the staff were extremely friendly and couldn't have been more helpful. I was a little concerned about taking my 18month old but he had a cot in our sea facing room (which may i add had fantastic views of the beach, the pools & the beautiful luscious gardens - we didn't care one bit about the construction works). I can't praise this hotel enough, the hammam spa was really nice and relaxing - there was so much to do there but not enough time - would go for 2 weeks next time rather than one!!
Whenever we went out in the evening or during the day we were always greeted by welcoming staff helping us with our buggy, bags, opening doors etc.. Fresh fruit, bottled water and cookies with tea on a daily basis delivered to your room, beds turned down and lights dimmed in the evenings - these are the kinds of things i certainly will remember in years to come! Both male and female staff were extremely friendly and always said hello to my toddler - who loved all the attention! We even arranged childminder for one evening (few hours) while we had dinner at the Burj Al Arab - she was fine - put him to sleep - no problem!
All i can say is i didn't have one complaint nor gripe about this excellent hotel. If you do get the opportunity to stay here - ENJOY!!"

• Travel date: Sun 5th of June 2005

My husband and I visited Le Royal Meridi...

"My husband and I visited Le Royal Meridien for our wedding anniversary. I was 5mths pregnant at that time. What a fantastic holiday we had! Walked in the door, knackered after our flight, and the heat which really does hit you when you are outside. We were given freshly squeezed orange juice, and cold flannels on arrival, whilst they were dealing with booking us into our room. One of the staff then called my husband over and said very quietly I understand it is your anniversary (The Tour Operator had told them) we will be upgrading you to a suite. We were shown to our room, which was a twin not double, but they said they could move us to another suite later that day with a double. However when we walked in the door and saw how fantastic it was we were just so over the moon and quite content to stay in twin beds! The best room I have ever stayed in! Massive living room area, massive bedroom, balcony which had direct view of sea and pool. Massive bathroom! (See pictures). With this room you have a 24 hr Butler Service - which we never used, apart from to deliver our complimentry wine,fruit and canape's everyday! - How fab is that! Obviously no wine for me, so my husband enjoyed his bottle a day! The staff couldn't do enough for you, but do be prepared to tip of course. Another great touch was chocolates on your pillow everynight with an Arabic Proverb. They always seemed to leave extra chocs on my pillow! My husband used to get 2 and I would get 6! Must have realised I was pregnant!

The food was great, breakfast was included in the deal we had, which was buffet style pretty much anything you can think of. The seating area does get busy, and it can be too hot to sit outside depending on the time of year you go. We ate at a couple of the resturants in the hotel, steak resturant, which was very nice but the staff drive you mad asking if everything is ok and trying to top your glass up every 2mins, my husband had to tell them to stop in the end. Also went to the Arabic resturant which was fab, great food, lovely smell of shisha which you can sit and smoke. In terms of lunch as it was 40c most days and I was feeling the heat being pregnant we often ordered our lunch to have at the poolside on the sunbeds. Not a vast menu, I lived on club sandwhichs and chips, but you didn't have to move as you get waiter service right to your lounger! You do pay a premium for this, it's about the equivalent of £20-£25 for just a small lunch. You can of course go to the resturants which are cheaper and air conditioned. The other thing I loved was the staff bring round ice cold flannels through the day which smell of aromotherapy oils, also freezing cold bottles of water sprays, and litte kind of fruity slush puppy drinks for you - all to keep you cool - its wonderful!

The hotel has 3 pools all are great, we spent our time round a smaller quieter pool, always plenty of sunbeds , and if not the staff would get you one, they are very safety concious of the heat etc. The beach is lovely, although there seemed to be jelly fish in the sea which really put me off, especially in my condition. My husband didn't care and went in, and I even saw a little boy holding one. The lifeguard said they are not dangerous.

Staff cannot do enough for you, they will arrange anything you want! We got them to book afternoon tea at the Burj Al Arab for us, and a few other tables for dinner ar various hotels. Mina Al Salam is a good hotel to visit for dinner.

On our actual anniversary we returned to our room from a hard day of laying round the pool and shopping at the Emirates Mall, to discover a brilliant strawberry cake to say congratulations! Soooo coooollll! I would love to visit here again, most luxurious holiday I have had, would recommend to families, couples of any age, or singletons looking for a bit of relaxation and luxury. Lots of people had young babies there, the country is very geared up for children."

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of May 2008

This was just beautiful. Fantastic food...

"This was just beautiful. Fantastic food served in all 7 restaurants in the hotel, especially Satchmo's.

We booked for bed & breakfast, when we arrived they upgraded us to Half Board.

Staff couldn't do enough for you and spotlessly clean.

Felt like Royalty for our stay and would highly recommend this hotel.

Free buses provided by the hotel into the city and to the souks.

Excellent."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of April 2007

Hotels near Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa

Stayed at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa? Share your insight.

Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa is also called