Jumeirah Mina A'Salam

Jumeirah Road, Dubai United Arab Emirates

Absolute luxury Mina a Salam

"Stayed at the Mina for 6 days, and had a wonderful time. The hotel was just fantastic, and the staff just couldn't do enough for you.
You don't have to worry about building works if you stay in this hotel, as they're aren't any at this end.
The beach was great, and well staffed, for drinks and safety.

I definetley hope to be going back!!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 11th of October 2005

A Wonderful Place

Good

"What a fantastic hotel. From start to finish the service was perfect, and the hotel, from the rooms to the communal areas were spotlessly maintained.

Definitely recommend going for the Club Exec upgrade if you can, the extras really make it worthwhile. Key benefits include: Arriving at the airport & being met by a hotel representative who will whisk you through immigration past all the queues, limo transport to the hotel, private check in/lounge/consierge area, complimentary (and excellent) breakfast (delivered to you room & set up on your balcony at no extra cost if you'd like a change from eating in the lounge), complimentary afternoon tea & snacks, complimentary evening drinks & canapes, with final limo transport back to the airport at the end.

You pay more for the above of course, but if you make good use of the services, the breakfast/snacks/evening drinks etc, it can practically pay for itself - many of the hotel restaurants/bars are good, but not cheap, so to have had a couple of drinks/snacks before going out, means you can then go without pre meal drinks/starters etc if you want to save a bit of money - all adds up during the week.

The Abbras (river taxis) were great with informed & friendly staff, the spa was a delight (not cheap but worth at least one visit, you'll not regret it), and views of the Burj (an amazing & imposing building), just add to the experience).

We visited the Burj al Arab hotel one evening & were glad we chose the Mina a Salam. It's worth going there for the experience (interesting use of colour...), but beware the prices - we had a lovely meal at the fish restaurant (complete with huge aquarium surroundings), but a glass of champagne & main meal each, with half a bottle of wine to share (ie no starters, water or deserts = £200) - great food, but you get far better value at some of the other restaurants.

Worth booking the desert safari trip while you're there - 4x4 dune riding, desert meal/drinks/entertainment, camel riding, star gazing - great value for the money. The wild wadi waterpark next to the hotel is also great fun.

Other points of note -

Full use of both Mina a Salam & Al Qasr (sister hotel in the resort), so a huge variety of restaurants & bars, a great gym with indoor pools, loads of up to date equipment & squash courts, indoor souk (market) with good variety of shops (though maybe not as 'authentic' as they'd like to think), private beach, great poolside service (expensive food & drink but nice little extras like complimentary melon, cold towels, even offers to wipe your sunglasses).

Great place to indulge & relax, without it being in any way stuffy or formal, and the staff could not be more friendly & polite."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of October 2005

Friekin' Outstanding

Good

"I thought I had stayed in some wonderful places..........Esperanza at Cabo........Park Royal in Tahiti...........The Sands in T & C. BUT, this place takes the biscuit. Stunning location and discreet but always available service and truly private beach...............no day trippers allowed, not even guests of guests. Get some of this while you can."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of September 2005

Awesome

"My wife and I stayed at the Mina A Salam from the 3rd to the 10th of September, this was our second visit to Dubai (stayed at Royal Mirage in November) and Mina A Salam is by far and away the best hotel we've ever stayed in, no construction work anywhere near it is a definite bonus. From your arrival at reception the service is phenomenal nothing is too much trouble.
Go to Pisces if you like seafood and the meat company if you don't (sorry niether of us are veggies).

Feel free to E-mail me for any further info."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of September 2005

Overwhelming II

"The review titled "Overwhelming" below says it all. This is the finest hotel I have ever stayed in and the vast collection of restaurants in the souk area are outstanding too. We also had an excellent meal at Segreto but I would also recommend fish restaurant Pisces and the Spanish Al Hambra.

I couldnt fault this place on anything....unlike the famous Burj al Arab hotel opposite where we had most offhand service."

• Travel date: Sun 18th of September 2005

Oh my gosh!! - I'm sick

"OUT OF DATE FOOD :-( ......Just got back yesturday from our Honeymoon at the Mina a Salm after 10 day stay. Hotel is wonderful to look at cant fault it. My husband raid the mini bar and ate there most expensive chocolates after eating 3-4 he was sick and got diahorea for 2 days. I checked the date on the packaging to find OUT OF DATE food by 2 months. I took it up with the hotel they passed the complain from person to person and no one was taking the issue seriously they claim that they did test on the chocs and they were low risk. They also wanted to do blood samples but wanted me to pay for the privaledge. Finally they offered us to go and have some food in there restaurant whilst they resolved the issue. on doing so my husband found a stone in his food 0.5cm big we were left wondering if the food had been sabatajed as we complained. The outcome was not resolved except great appolagise which left us very unhappy on our ruined honeymoon."

• Travel date: Sun 4th of September 2005

Simply the Best!!! You Will Love It

"I booked this hotel as a suprise for my wife's 30th birthday. Ourselves and two friends stayed from the 12th to the 19th August 2005, in 2 deluxe rooms.
The hotel is the on par with the best hotels in the world. From the moment you arrive you are treated with warmth, respect and a sense of being somewhere special.

The rooms are large with everything you could possibly need for your stay. There was no -ve points at all. The beds are comfortable, large and with ample pillows of assorted types. ie duck down, manmade fibre etc.

The pool was great, cooling and refreshing when the temp. guage hit 122.F (50c). There was ample beds which were extremely comfortable and there are plenty of brollies too.

The restaurants in the hotel, the souk and in Al Qsar and around the villa's are fantastic. Every meal was wonderful and the buffet for choice could not be beaten.

Visit Bar Zar in the souk on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 5pm 'til closing for some great drinks promotions and live music.

Left Bank, tucked away in the lower level of the souk, next to the waterway is a great bar, but the clientele is very British.

All the bars in the hotels are fantastic and have ample choice and the measures are fantastic, so don't worry too much about the price.

We visited the Jumeirah Beach hotel and I have got to say, what a relief that we changed and did not book there. It was like a cruise ship, full of kids and drunk middle aged British people making a fool of themselves. It was like Butlins.

Anyway back to the Mina. This is truely a fantastic location and hotel with everything you could imagine to do and see.

You will love it it truely is great....!!!!!"

• Travel date: Sat 27th of August 2005

One of the best luxury arabian themed hotel

Good

"We just got back from staying for ten days at this wonderful hotel with a party of 5 adults & 3 children. This one has to be seen to be believed, with its own water taxi and buggy transportation to other parts of the hotel complex(one of three), superb private beach and you get free cocktails and tropical fruit on hand while you soak up the sun. The rooms are of the highest quality (a bit on the small side), designed with arabian influences, with sat t.v., internet, fax machine and a stunning balcony seaview. The hotel staff were polite and helpful, the food was of the highest quality, with a variety that can't be matched. There's a (pricey)health a spa, many swimming pools, a fabulous gym with squash courts, tennis courts, I can't even list the many things this hotel has to offer. It is not the cheapest of hotels, but you're paying for quality, & I would definately return there one day, more deserving of a 5 star plus."

• Travel date: Sat 27th of August 2005

Simply the Best......

Good

"Having stayed in a number of top class hotels around the world I have to say that the Mina a Salam has taken its place at the top of my list.

The sheer luxury, beauty and natural tranquility of this resort cannot be described on paper or in pictures and has to be seen to be believed!

Myself, my boyfriend (now fiance) and his parents stayed in the hotel for 10 days on what was our first trip to Dubai. From the moment we arrived in Dubai airport our every need was taken care of by the hotel staff, who were friendly, welcoming and operated with an ethos of customer service that is unmatched in the UK or even the USA.

Our arrival into Dubai City was mesmerising...we arrived in the early hours of the morning and our driver, who had picked us up in a gorgeous Range Rover, kept us comfortable throughout our journey offering us water and checking that the temperature in the car was comfortable. After a 20 minute journey, the resort rose magically in the distance.

When we arrived at the hotel, we were awed by the beautiful grand entrance, covered in roses and smelling of the most wonderful incense. We were quickly and efficiently transferred to the Club Executive check in, where we sat on leather couches and drank a cool, crisp glass of wine while our rooms were prepared.

From this point on, things only got better......our rooms, compact but comfortable, our view breathtaking, the food at breakfast, afternoon tea (like you've never seen before!) and during the 'Happy Hour' from 6-8pm was to die for. Also during the 'Happy Hour' guests on the Club Executive plan could choose from a variety of spirits or Champagne which could be enjoyed as the sun set and the evening brought the resort alive.

After sunset, it was time to board one of the resort abras (water taxis) which transported you through meandering waterways and twinkling lights to the lively Souk in the Madinat Resort. Here restaurants and bars abound to suit every taste and every night could be spent exploring and enjoying.

The overall service in the entire resort was impecable - one of the waitresses in the Club Executive lounge even searched the resort for my boyfriend's father's favourite whiskey!

All in all it was a holiday made in heaven, made even more special by my boyfriend's romantic proposal, which was followed by a night of champagne, candles, exceptional chinese food in Zeng He's restuarant and Bellini's in the Skybar at the Burj Al Arab.

On the downside - if there could be any - the hotel and the resort is expensive (by expensive I mean 4 star UK hotel prices) so be prepared to save before you go and spend lots when you get there - however, it is more than worth it!

We did explore some of the other hotels in the area, Jumeriah Beach, Al Qasr etc, but nothing could match the truly unique offerings of the Mina.

Would I go back? In a heartbeat! We have already chosen this hotel as our Honeymoon destination in 2007. My only hope is that we have a small lottery win so that we can return before then......."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of August 2005

Mina a salam

"I stayed in the hotel with my mum just over a year ago now (July '05) and the hotel itself was absolutely beautiful- really understated Arabian glamour with beautiful dark wood finishings but still really modern at the same time.

All the bedrooms and public rooms were beautiful. And your bathroom is the most luxurious that i have ever seen!

Wide and varied choices for breakfasts and dinners. And good quality food.

The only thing was we were there before the resort was completely finished, which i have heard it is now so this para is irrelevant! But i understand that it is now part of a great big complex of shops, theatres, and sports activities.

it's right beside the burj al arab and is on the arabian gulf front so the views are spectacular. in my opinion the mina was a nicer hotel than the burj which is all gold and glitz and a bit too 1998 for my tastes (perhaps its just because i can't afford it!).

In short - you can't go wrong with your stay at the Mina!"

• Travel date: Sun 21st of August 2005

Ever wanted to get away and relax in tot...

"Ever wanted to get away and relax in total luxury, with all you need at hand. Then this is it. I could right page after page on how great this resort is, but i just don't have the time. Words that come to mind are excellent, outstanding, immaculate, curtious, friendly and pure quality etc etc... From the tour operator very first contact, to getting home this was by far the best alround vacation experience i have ever had. Fly from Manchester to Abu Dhabi (with Ethihad Airways - who are as good as any), transfered via private air conditioned car to resort (took about 45 mins, no longer than any usual transfer) but Etihad much cheaper than Emirates Airways, but same service. The resort comprises of 3 main accommodation, we selected the Mina A Salam, but were upgraded during the Ramadam season for free to Dal M Saf. Private butler between 9 apartments. The food was tremendous with around 45 resturants to choose from, (yes in the same hotel) and the size of the place, along with the neighbouring Berj Al Rab and Jumeriah Beach Hotel, adding even more to the stretch, this is truly a must place to visit. "

• Travel date: Mon 12th of May 2008

This really is the ultimate in luxury an...

"This really is the ultimate in luxury and service, 5 stars really does not do it justice, the standards go way above any I have encountered before.

From the limo that whisked us to the hotel from the airport to wonderful staff at check in and every part of this resort nothing is left to chance or unthought-of, the rooms are beautiful with a stunning view of the Arabian sea and the nearby Burj Al Arab hotel which is quite an experience.

There are countless restaurants and shops in the complex, all of a very high standard and even when you go to the beach they cannot do enough for you and genuinely seem to want you to have a great time, you really should see Dubai, and this hotel is the only place to stay."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of December 2007

Hotels near Jumeirah Mina A'Salam

Stayed at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam? Share your insight.

Jumeirah Mina A'Salam is also called