Exterior

Fantastic Hotel...Fantastic People! 5+++

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"I stayed in Emirates Tower as part of a business trip recently adn upon arrival was greeted by very courteous staff. I was immediately whisked up to my room for an in house check in. I was upgraded to an Apex Suite, which was very stylish and comfrtable. With lots of mod-cons, CD player, DVD player, complimentary movies. The room was filled with fresh flowers, bottle of wine and many other complimentary things. The main bathroom was nice with a lovely sunken bath overlooking the DIFC. Shower was ulta powerful, which was great, given the humidity. A few highlights for me: 1. Guest Relations Team ALl were outstanding. Before I had even stepped into the hotel, I felt that my needs were taken care of. I wanted a reservation at Paithai on the Friday evening, but it was fully booked unfortunately. One of the guest relations staff went over and above the call of duty to get me a table. I had a reservation and the restaurant was delightful. 2. Mosaic Restaurant Although a little expensive for what we had, the service was fantastic. We were served by Allan who made it his job to give us a good dining experience. Our table overlooked the pool and the ambiance was simply great. The food was delicious and the wine I had was beautiful. Allan was clearly very well primed on his customer service ability. 4. Executive Lounge Fantastic relaxation and fantastic views. The service in the Club Executive was great. I was overwhelmed by the offerings and the courteousness of the staff. A big winner in my eyes. Overall, I had a fantastic experience and its all down to the staff. A fantastic hotel in teh DIFC suitable for business travellers mainly but only about 35Dhs to the beach!!!"

• Travel date: 9th June 2008

Room Rates Linked to the Oil Price

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"No question it is the best hotel on the Sheikh Zayed strip but as the price of crude rises by $10, the room rate moves $20. It is now extremely expensive and $700 seems to be the average rate that one can get. Still, it has a great buzz packed with prospectors, hopefuls, deal doers and those that hanker after them. Rooms are "colourful" rather than tasteful but the Apex suites have a suitable touch of early James Bond about them. As commented elsewhere, the tellies could do with an update and a few films wouldn't go amiss as the DVD collection is mainly in the luggage of other guests. Service in the club lounge is very good and welcoming, although tangy camel milk is only available in the Mosaic restaurant. Pool is bigger than it looks but can get horribly crowded at weekends and very hot given all the glass reflecting onto the searing flesh below. Restaurants: Rib Room, Japapanes and Lebanese all very good. Vu, not particularly noteworthy and the view is of other construction sites and scrub. H20 spa, only for men and with male therapists. Treatments are good and they are skilled, if you like a massage that is of bone crushing severity and expunges all the air from your cavities, this is the place. It is very convenient for the DIFC, at least in theory. They need to employ some boy scouts to help you cross the roads as pedestrians are considered fair game for the high speed drivers. However, only the poor walk in the UAE so it is assumed you drive everywhere. Tip: if you are doing a number of countries in the Region in a short space of time, don't choose Dubai as the hub. Traffic terrible and the airport is slow and looks like a casualty clearing station with bodies strewn everywhere wiating for connections to disparate locations. Much better bet is Bahrain which is quick, efficient and blessed by the fabulous Ritz Carlton."

• Travel date: 1st June 2008

Great hotel for business and pleasure

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"My husband and I stayed here for four nights earlier this month, partly for business, partly for pleasure. We had a wonderful room, with huge bathroom and plenty of storage space, on the 19th floor. The business centre provided excellent overnight service on a print job, which though expensive was 100% correct, a small miracle when my husband wasn't around to check they were on the right track. We asked the hotel to provide a car one afternoon which was a great service at a fairly reasonable price, but with hindsight could have been achieved at a fraction of that price with an ordinary taxi. Something to bear in mind if budget is an issue. Only one small complaint about this lovely place. One morning we went down around 11.45 to the cafe/brasserie for an early lunch. They had finished serving breakfast but not yet started the lunch service, which was fair enough, but they then had trouble providing anything from the simple 24 hour menu. This was a minor issue as we were having a great time, but they really shouldn't say a place is open 24 hours if it isn't - and a meal in the late morning isn't that outlandish."

• Travel date: 5th May 2008

Will need looking at soon

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"I stayed here before and found it perfect in every way. Still, the standards are high, but no longer perfect. So this review purposely ignores all the good stuff, in the name of providing a counterpoint. Dubai hotel prices continue to rise, yet occupancy is almost total across the city, so there is a danger the customer will lose out on service. However $700 is $700 and I am going to want the highest standards! Problem 1, in the bathroom, my plug did not close in the sink. It was impossible to fill the sink, just to get washed or have a shave. I hate it with a passion when hotels get something basic wrong like this. Anyway I muddled my way through and reported the problem to reception. Problem 2, they never fixed the sink. Not on day 2, and not on day 3. Problem 3, for half my stay (3 nights), the internet did not work in the room. The IT manager visited, fiddled with wires, promised to come back, then vanished. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't, well - that's life in Dubai I guess but not good enough at this price. It's a business hotel, and I really have to do my work! Problem 4, on check out, I was asked : "Did you have a nice stay?". Answer : "Actually, this time there were a number of problems, and they were X, Y and Z". The reaction of the staff, was to look embarrassed, glance nervously at each other, and carry on emptying my credit card. There was no attempt at escalation, or customer care. I see this kind of empty fawning customer service in lesser hotels in Dubai (lots of bodies but no-one to actually sort anything out), but always assumed Jumeirah is above that. My colleague had unused minibar items on her bill. After protest they took them off. Then, when it was my turn to check out, I found they had simply transferred these items onto my bill, with her name against them. More bad feeling. It's still a great hotel, architecturally stunning, and basically delivers the goods. The rooms are looking a bit dated now. The thing needs a new shot of management energy in order to justify the continuing high prices. That should come before the refurb. I don't want a prettier room with a bust plug."

• Travel date: 5th April 2008

Great Experience

Reviewed 21st November 2012

"Great location in Dubai's business district. Great in-house food outlets... TV's are too small... too far away from the bed... Internet access very very slow.... Must see is VU's bar on 51st floor."

• Travel date: 2nd April 2008

Midnight Robbery!!!

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"Have never been through such a horrific experience in my life before, I was booked at a corporate of around $350 and i had arrived on an emirates flight which was delayed for 5 hours and once i got to the hotel it was after 2am and having got to the check in desk they didn't have my reservation! Not only that but they were also completely full and couldn't offer me any rooms, so i waited about 10minutes after which they claimed they could give us a room but at a rate of $700, ludicrous price but what choice did i have at around 2.30 am, i couldn;t get a taxi to drive me and the wife around dubai at that time of the morning looking for a hotel... so i had no choice and took it, i requested for a non smoking room on a high fllor with a nice view, when i got tot he room it was a smoking room on a medium floor with absolutely no view exceot for that of the back of the hotel! I then called up reception and 2minutes later they moved me to the 39th flooe non smoking room with a nice view of sheikh zayed rd, where did all these rooms miraculously appear from i wonder and why weren;t they simply offered to me in the first place!? The decor in the room was very poor and dated, perhaps i would not have complained if i wa paying half my rate byt when i keep that in mind you have to expect alot more from the hotel, a few years ago when this hotel opened it would have been sufficient but now its not quite up to the standard of other rooms, they didn't even have a flat screen tv in the room, those old style tvs and it was pretty small! Bathrooms were also quite small compared to oher hotels and although i couldn;t fault the service they seriously need to do something about the rooms... Eventually i checked out in the morning and found a much better rate and room at the shangrila. I would not reccommend this hotel for anyone unless it was at a very good rate, yes the location is good if you are working at the dubai financial centree but other then that i found nothing good about the hotel, back in the day it was inm its prime but no longer.... Also there is absolutely no ventilation in the rooms, no windows anywhere..."

• Travel date: 27th March 2008

Best for business traveller

Reviewed 21st November 2012

"We have just stayed at the Jumeirah Emirates Towers Hotel for almost two weeks. A (business) buzzing Hotel which ideally fits the guest profile of a business traveller. Close to the DIFC (walking distance), smart range of restaurants and small but exquisite shopping mall, it meets most of the requirements a busy professional has when loaded with a heavy itinary. The business centre is absolut professional and state of the art, the lobby and the cigar lounge on the 10th floor ideal for informal meetings. Especial praise to the ladies in the lounge who offer impeccable service despite the busy lounge. The Mosaico Restaurant is very good for a varied breakfast and super buffet (business) luncheons. The receptionist of this Restaurant is by the way most professional and helpful. The pool is ok, nothing special. Good room service, clean. The staff of the fitness club is friendly and helpful, though the range of fitness machines are outdated and need serious replacement. The check-in/check-out service is close to unfriendly and needs serious management attention. The door men are ever so helpful to organise a driver/taxi efficiently and are very friendly. The lady at the entrance is greeting you with a nice smile. All in all, good to very good, with a few amendments to be made. With new management now in place, this should be possible? This is not a hotel for tourists, you may use the other Jumeirah Hotels for a holiday - they are very nice (!) but for the busy executive on the go! We look forward going back!"

• Travel date: 29th February 2008

Not up to Jumeirah quality

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"First let me tell you that Jumeirah is the best hotel company in the world. I've travelled many places in the world and none compares. We have stayed in many Jumeirah properties and they are the best! But this time Emirates Towers didn't live up to the Jumeirah reputation. We have stayed here many times when it just opened. This time we stayed in Emirates Towers because my teen daughters wanted to shop in their boutique shops connected to the hotel. It's so nice to have a shopping mall next to the hotel and be able to buy Starbucks. Upon check-in, our special requests were not honored and the management had to come after the reception lady was absolutely horrible to us. Rooms were great, room service great as typical of the hotel. The free breakfast we got in the rate was quite nice. Their media system in the room is quite impressive. I wish I had time to soak in one of their prepared baths for ony Dhs60. However, one man just walked in on my daughter who was in the bathroom at the time. I complained to the guest services and of course they apologized. He didn't speak english nor arabic and I couldn't tell him what he did wrong. For families with children: I should have booked just two regular rooms connected as the suite bedroom was far away from the other bedroom and we ended up sleeping all together in one room. Their roll away bed was so uncomfortable (like a rock) I slept on the floor. The table was nice to have but the regular rooms are not small."

• Travel date: 20th February 2008

Not great

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"The best thing is the room key (shaped like one of the towers). The rooms are ok - spacious but bland/ corporate and a bit dated; the bathrooms are pretty nice. The reception staff were friendly and helpful; the concierge were pretty useless and stuck up. Its a convenient place to stay if you are working nearby, otherwise don't bother. Overall, not worth the money."

• Travel date: 16th February 2008

Fantastic rooms

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"This modern hotel feels great. From the moment you arrive, you feel like you've entered this oasis of modernity, coolness and calm amidst the desert that is Dubai. The soaring atrium is impressive and the elevators are really amazing (they're glass fronted and you get this amazing view as you go up to your room right down the whole enclosed front of the building. When you press the "down" button, it also tells you right away which elevator will be coming for you - very handy). The rooms are positively palatial - with all the mod-cons you could wish for. There's controls for everything, and a nice long window sofa, perfect for admiring views across the horizon. Since the Jumeirah belongs to the chain that also owns the Burj-Al-Arab, you can get to visit that hotel just by showing your room key to the Jumeirah! This saves you from having to either purchase an expensive pass to visit or trying to book (a hard to get) dinner at the Burj to enter it. The staff are great too - there seems to be a lot of them around!"

• Travel date: 4th February 2008

The Emirates Towers Hotel is basically a...

Reviewed 31st July 2005

"The Emirates Towers Hotel is basically a business hotel but has links with a beach hotel (via a free shuttle bus) so you have the best of both. The hotel itself and the staff couldn’t be faulted for their attention to detail and willingness to help. The hotel is definitely recommended for travellers (although probably more suited to those without children). It is only about 10 minutes from the main town and the airport and 15 minutes on the shuttle to the most stunning beach resort. The hotel itself has a swimming pool and several restaurants and bars so there is no need to go far if you don’t want to. I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I return to Dubai. "

• Travel date: 31st July 2005