Jumeirah Beach Hotel

Jumeirah Beach Road Umm Suqeim, Dubai 11416 United Arab Emirates

The BEST hotel

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"The Jumeriah beach hotel is the best hotel i have ever ever stayed at!They have the nicest staff,nicest rooms and the thing i enjoy best the nicest swimming pool!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 30th of January 2005

Absolutely wonderful hotel

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"We have just returned from a 5 night stay at this brilliant hotel. The facilities and service were fantastic. We stayed in a Club Executive room which gave us access to a private lounge where coffee, soft drinks were served all day. Afternoon tea took place between 3-5 pm and then pre-dinner drinks and canapes between 6-8 pm. Highly recommend The Colonnade restaurant for dinner. The rooms were large, very nicely furnished and had views over the Gulf with the Burj standing out in front of you and The Palm in the distance. The pools and beach are excellent and we also had a good time at the Wild Wadi (free entrance for anyone staying at the hotel). If you are looking for luxurious accommodation, great customer service - look no further."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of January 2005

One of the best hotels in the World

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"I have stayed at this hotel on two occasions with my family, June 2002 and again in July 2003. I can honestly say that I have never experienced such wonderful facilities or had such great service in any other hotel I have stayed in around the world. The staff take the concept of customer service to new levels. The first time you experience it is amazing. The pools and the beach are superb, the waters of the Gulf are like a hot bath and the Wild Wadi is great fun for children and adults alike. There is a complimentary shuttle that takes you to the major malls in the city. I would heartily recommend it to anyone who values high standards of customer service."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of January 2005

Absolutely First Class

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"I visited Dubai for the first time in October 2004, and stayed at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel (on the way back from the Maldives). This is without a doubt the best hotel I've ever stayed in, and I cannot wait to go back.

Our arrival in Dubai was good, as we were met by our tour operator at the airport and had a private transfer by car to the hotel (I guess this depends who you go with). When arriving at the hotel (late evening, around 10pm) we were advised that there were no rooms 'suitable' for us (I'd e-mailed previously asking for one on a high floor) so we were upgraded for the evening.

The upgrade was into the Beit Al Bahar villa complex in the hotel grounds. Oh my - this place was amazing! We were driven from the hotel in a golf buggy to the villas, and were given our very own 2 bedroom villa. We had our own butler, who met us with non-alcoholic fruit cocktails, the villa had its own private garden area with your own sun loungers and plunge pool. Inside it was the ultimate in luxury - both bedrooms had large en-suite bathrooms, but the main one was spectacular with a large sunken bath. The lounge was huge and had TV, DVD, stereo, fax machine.... you name it - it was there.

In the morning we went to the villa reception (villa guests have their own reception, communal pool etc) and asked where we went for breakfast. We were then met by our own concierge who took us to the Beach Villa Restaurant, where we sat on the deck outside with a great view of the sea and Burj Al Arab opposite.

After a day of being totally pampered, we were collected by buggy and taken back to the hotel where a room was ready for us on the 18th floor. The quality of this room was excellent, and the view from the floor to ceiling window spectacular.

The pool area of the hotel is huge, and staff are constantly on hand to set you up with sun loungers and towels (provided by the hotel, by the pool). There is a swim-up bar and snack restaurant also.

The beach is private to the hotel, raked every morning and constantly looked after by lifeguards. The sea is like stepping into a warm bath.

We dined twice in the actual hotel (there is a choice of 20 restaurants) at Go West (American theme) and Carnivale (more 'up market' Italian) and both were excellent. Breakfast was in the Beachcomber restaurant where again we sat on the deck overlooking the sea. Here there is a buffet style breakfast with everything you could want; cereals, fruit, traditional english fry-up, tea, juices, smoked salmon.... everything.

Wild Wadi waterpark is right next door to the hotel and guests are admitted free of charge. If you like this kind of thing, go there - it is excellent.

Overall, a superb place to stay. A beautiful hotel, great staff, lovely weather - it's got the lot."

• Travel date: Thu 6th of January 2005

Loved the place

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"The Jumeirah Beach is by anybodies standards a first rate hotel. But, as with any hotel it caters for a certain type of holiday. If you go do NOT expect boutique style intimacy or to be on you own, you will be horribly disappointed. Having said that it is a fabulous resort to chill out as a family with excellent service and wonderful restaurants - the fish restaurant on the marina is excellent as is the Argentinian on the top floor and if you go to the lebanese when it is in the garden sit outside - food great, live music ear splitting. The other must is Wild Wadi and an evening drink (if you are under 21 get your Mum to have 2 and then sip some of hers!) in the piano bar in the main building.

The view of the Burj is amazing and pop over just so that you can be certain that you made the right choice - there is only so much gold leaf and stuffy service that I can take!

The hotel is well positioned and near the creek with a great drive along Sheik Zayed road where the Emirates towers and all the skyscrapers are - don't bother with the fake souk - but go to the Wafi Centre great shops and the building is a case study in Arab opulance.

I have stayed in a lot of hotels and this one is great. A lot of the criticisms in the other reviews are perfectly valid but as I said that does not detract from the hotel but merely reflects the service that it aims to provide."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of December 2004

Pampered

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"We stayed here for our honeymoon for 3 nights in October 04 on the way back from Australia. 1 thing I will say is it is definately the best place to stop over on the way home. We had no jet lag whatsoever.

The hotel was fabulous, the only drawback was our flight arrived at 6am and our room wasnt ready til past 12 noon. It was worth the wait, the room was superb with a view that was out of this world. Everything about this hotel was luxury - this is how a 5* hotel should be! The minute you stepped onto the beach (which was raked every morning) someone was over to carry your towels and set up your sun loungers. Drinks, food brought to you and even free ice cold towels and watermelon! The 2 beaches were fantastic, the water was so warm.

The hotel outside at night was very romantic, with floating candles lighting up the streams. The roof top cocktail bar had a superb view over Dubai and the Burj al Arab which was lit up all colours at night.

A very relaxing stay, we felt very pampered. Just what we needed to recharge the batteries for the flight home. Just wished we'd stayed longer."

• Travel date: Sun 28th of November 2004

Ab Fab

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Could not Fault the Jumeirah Beach Hotel at all, Service was outstanding, staff were more than accomodating, Rooms more than ample in size, Great Views, wonderful amenities, Wild Wadi What can I say but ouch I have a sore bum now ha ha ha !!!! Ond of the only places I have been to that I will definately return to again and again."

• Travel date: Wed 17th of November 2004

loved everything

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"Had a great holiday here in August 04, lovely staff and lots to do for adults and children alike. Are party consisted of 5 mums and 10 kids and all of us young and old had a great time. Drinks were on the expensive side but food and facilities were excellent. Would recommend the whole Dubai experience to anybody."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of November 2004

Great hotel with lots of facilities

Reviewed Wed 17th of October 2012

"We came here for our last stop on our way back from our honeymoon and it was great.

Even though when we got there they had no double beds, they upgraded us to an Exec Suite. What a room - what a view!!

And there is so much to do. Eight restaurants, two large pools, watersports, shopping, the waterpark etc etc.

My only compliant is that there are too many people from other hotels using its facilities. But apart from that it was brilliant."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of October 2004

too popular

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"I visited this hotel in May 2001 and was very impressed. Our room wasn’t ready on arrival so we were upgraded, which was a great start to the holiday. It is a large family orientated hotel, so do not expect boutique hotel intimacy.

The facilities and choice of restaurants are excellent. I particularly recommend the Argentinean restaurant and the bar on the top floor. One of the best things was the extensive breakfast buffet which could keep you going all day.

There is a fully equipped gym, sports hall and spa. I feel this provides something for everyone.

The staff, facilities, service and food were great. However, I recently revisited the hotel in March 2004 and its popularity seems to have got the better of it. It was overcrowded the food wasn’t as good and it did look a little ‘tired’. I would not put anyone of going but I hope it has a bit of a revamp soon and reclaims its former glory."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of October 2004

Fantastic!

Reviewed Wed 17th of September 2014

"We have stayed at this Hotel for the last two years and it does not disappoint!
The hotel is spotless and luxurious, staff can not do enough for you,
the breakfast has so much to offer for every taste.
My two boys had an awesome time at the joining water park and in the hotel pool.Worth every cent!"

• Travel date: Wed 17th of September 2014

Mess with payments and reservation system

Reviewed Thu 28th of March 2013

"The fact that this property is quite nice is completely ruined by the incompetence of their employees and running close to capacity.
I have been there last week and since then, after they took the full payment from my credit card, they are still blocking the same amount on my card. When I was leaving they assured me that the amount was unblocked.
Called and emailed five times, completely incompetent people on reception and in reservation. No resolution.
3K still blocked on my card.
And have to call them further spending on international calls.

• Travel date: Thu 28th of March 2013

Hotels near Jumeirah Beach Hotel

Stayed at Jumeirah Beach Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Jumeirah Beach Hotel

• HolidaysAreToMakeMemories by HolidaysAreToMakeMemories

"IF you have children upgrade to premium leisure. "

Jumeirah Beach Hotel is also called