JA Palm Tree Court

Tariq Bin Ziyad Rd PO Box 9255, Dubai United Arab Emirates

Good

Beautiful retreat away from the hustle of Dubai

"We have just returned from a 5 day stay at this hotel. This was the first time our 2 12 year old children have been to Dubai, so we were lookikng for an hotel which would give the boys some freedom, in a safe environment. This hotel certainly ticked all the boxes for us.

The suites are ideal for families booking more than one room as they have a lobby area with a separate door outside the 2 rooms which can be closed and only opened with the room keys for the 2 rooms inside, this meant we could leave the room doors open so we always had instant access to both rooms. Even with the room doors ajar the soundproofing was excellent, we never head a peep from our children next door.

The beach and pool areas are very well kept with an abundance of life guards, pool attendants and waiters available. The swim up bar in the main pool was open til late in the evening, making swimming after dark a real pleasure.

The staff all knew our name within hours of our arrival, and their friendliness and helpfulness was outstanding.

We didn't eat at the restautants very much. However breakfast was excellent, with a selection to please all. The one room service meal we had was very good, excellent value and delivered promptly. We also ate at the Sports Bar one night, this again has a very good menu, and very reasonably price, with the benefit of being able to get a buggy to take you there and back.

We did have reservations regarding how far out of town this hotel is but needn't have worried. We had a hire car and found that the shopping malls and other attractions took no longer to get to than from hotels further in town, you just approach from a different direction and avoid getting caught up in traffic!

If you're looking for a good balance of peace & relaxation and easy access to town this hotel really is a good compromise. We'd go back in a heartbeat."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of September 2007

Beautifully Divine!

"We have just returned from this hotel and I cannot praise it enough! It was the first time we've stayed away from Jumeriah and the city, but as we'd combined this with a trip to Hong Kong, our main aim in Dubai was to just relax!

We stayed in a Royal Jasmine Junior Suite and it was out of this world! We were collected from the airport and taken straight to the hotel (about a 45 minute drive at around 6am). Upon arrival we were informed that our room wasn't ready and we were offered complimentary breakfast in the Signatures restaurant (yummy!). We decided that rather than sit around waiting until 1pm, we would go into town to do some shopping!

The hotel has a courtesy bus service that goes to several malls, so we went to Mall of the Emirates (has to be seen to be believed!!) and then got a cab from there to the gold souk (be prepared to haggle!). We got taxis to several other malls from there and then in the evening got the hotel bus back.

Our luggage had already been taken to our room for us and our personal butler was waiting to show us around the room and inform us of the facilities available to us.

The room was well worth the upgrade. We were on the second floor and directly overlooking the sea. The bed was 7 foot wide (!) and we were given a welcome gift of fresh fruit, dates and a bottle of wine. The bathroom was every girls dream! (well, I think so anyway!!!) His and hers sinks, Elmis goodies, huge bathtub and separate walk-in shower. The goodies were replenished twice a day (even when in some cases we hadn't yet finished using what was already there!). The rooms were cleaned to a very high standard (I'm a bit picky about hotel cleanliness lol) and in the evenings there was a turndown service. The bed was incredibly comfortable and you even had a pillow menu! The feather ones were absolutely fantastic!

Staying in this room also provided other facilities. There is access to free DVD rentals and one complimentary half hour massage at the spa (which can be upgraded if you wish and I'd definately reccomend this as the treatments there were great). We also got use of the private lounge for Royal Jasmine guests. This included complimentary tea, coffee, soft drinks and swandwiches during the day and cocktails during the evening. There was also a separate computer for internet access. This was a great place to relax a while during the intense midday heat.

As we were on half board breakfast could be had in either La Fontana (main restaurant) or Signatures (for Royal Jasmine guests). The breakfasts in La Fontana were really very good with an assortment of food. Dinner could either be had there or if you chose to go to another restaurant in the resort, your half board creit was transferred over and you simply paid the difference. We ate mainly in La Fontana (the buffets were so varied and delicious!) but also tried the asian food one (think it was called White Orchid?!) which was very nice.

Would also reccomend going on Bateaux Dubai (the hotel's dinner cruise). The boat is beautiful with glass all around and you get a fantastic 4 course meal in elegant surroundings whilst gently cruising down the creak in the evening.

The staff in this hotel are outstanding. They address you by your name each time they go past you and ask if everything is ok. I know that this is common amongst most hotels in Dubai but I think that the service you recieve in Dubai is second to none.

All in all this is a beautiful hotel, set in amazing grounds. The peacoks just add to the elegance and needless to say the beach is gorgeous. The beach attendants even come to clean your sunglasses! The beach was always quieter than the main pool areas and there was never once a problem getting a sun lounger on the beach.

I could go on and on about this hotel,but I won't ! I would definately suggest it as a place to go in Dubai if you're looking for a more relaxing experience (perhaps if you've already visited before and are not necessarily looking to do all the touristy things). Am already planning our return trip to Dubai!"

• Travel date: Sat 25th of August 2007

Just the best location!!!

"Well, what can I say. We have just returned from the Palm Tree Court and had a fantastic time. I was a little apprehensive as to the location being it is out of the main part of Dubai but at the moment with all the building going on it is in my opinion by far the best location to stay in. By comparison to similar standard properties more centally located it is a great price and with a taxi at only appros 65 dirams each way (approx £7.00) it is an oasis of calm and tranquility. The beach is superb, long and wide with white powdery sand which is accessed by crossing an expanse of soft grass littered with palm trees. The pools are glorious and the restaurants superb and excellent value for money. At the moment there is a free half board offer on as well!
I cannot say enough about the staff at the hotel either, so polite and helpfull. This goes from the guy on the beach who comes round to clean your sunglasses and give you a cold flannel from his cool bag to the room attendant who leaves a little gift every night on your bed and even lays a clean cover on the mat by your bed so you dont have to put your feet on the mat that someone else has stepped on. Unbelievable! would go back in a heartbeat.
The resort is quite spread out and all the paths dotted with waterfalls but there are golf carts to drive you around if you wish. The longest we had to wait for 1 was 5 minutes. All the facilities are interchangeable with the Jebel Ali Hotel (exceopt breakfast I think) but believe me you will want to stay put except perhaps to try out the restaurants at Jebel Ali.
The rooms are huge and so are the bathrooms and balconies. When I go next time I will request a ground floor as you can step straight out onto your own garden area and then straight onto the grass that leads to the beach.
I could go on and on but if you want any details please just drop me an e mail."

• Travel date: Sat 18th of August 2007

Palm Tree Court - good experience

"If you want a beach holiday to chill out with excellent service this is the place to go. We had a sea front room on the ground floor which was exactly what I had asked for so we didn't have to keep climbing up and down stairs and it opened up onto the garden right in front of the beach.
When I said chill out I wasn't talking about the weather which was 40+ and although you cant sit out in it for too long walking around wasn't a great problem during the day.
The shuttles to the various malls were well organised although for the visit to the Gold and Diamond market it was too long to wait for the return pick up and I would have been in serious trouble with the bank manager if we hadn't got a taxi back. I think it was about 12 dirhams.
Food and service are very good and we found La Fontana very good quality considering it was buffett style which normally we avoid like the plague. We ate in the White Orchid one night and had teppanyaki. Because of the allowance you get which is 140dirhams each the food only cost another 20 dirhams and was superb and the Chef was quite happy to design the food to your request within reason i.e I don't like Salmon so he offered Red Snapper or Grouper.
We had the free half board offer which of course made a lot of difference to the final bill.
The only complaint I had was the prices in the Clipper bar which I christened the clip joint. 100 dirhams for a double brandy which was nothing like a double measure at home was the only downside in a great break"

• Travel date: Mon 30th of July 2007

What a Oasis in the Desert but near the sea

"I have been travelling to Dubai for 6 years now and my wife goes twice per year for our holidays.

The last 2 years we have stayed at the Jumeriah Beech Hotel, when booking this year our travel agent recomended the Palm tree court and spa at Jebil Ali, he has stayed there and maintained it was a excellant resort.

We were a bit hesitant regading the distance but this is ofset by the perfect surroundings you have at this oasis with a ocean. The hotel was first class the staff were very friendly and efficient, and the food was as good as you will get anywhere in Dubai.

The room attendant Dilsham who looked after block 2 was there when we got out of bed and when we went to bed to assist with anything we required this made our stay more relaxing to have him at hand 24/7, thanks for his attendance and excellant customer skills 9 years at the job and still he is totally on the ball.

You could go on and on about the Restraunt staff at most of the different parts of the hotel, no one let the hotel down at any time on our stay.

I read some negative reviews prior to our holiday and find it difficult to understand how they could complain in such a negative way with a review of 1, perhaps you would have maybe 1 or 2 issues but this does not help others to be so negative when all others are so positive, well done the staff and management at the Palm Tree Court this is well deserved.

I have been at 5 different hotels and for all round quality you deserve a 5 out of 5.

Do not let the distance put you of as the New toll roads make a difference as this started on the 1/7 and works very well.

We will be returning to this hotel in the very near future and hopefully for many years to come when the Jebil Ali Airport opens soon."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of July 2007

Exceeded all our expectations

"Just returned from a memorable stay at the Palm Tree Court in Dubai and cannot speak highly enough about it. Beautiful food eaten in the hotel's many restaurants and all of them to the same very high standard. The suite was gigantic and spotless and was serviced twice a day. Complimentary bottles of water, tray of fruit and toiletries daily added to the luxury. Our suite was on the ground floor facing the sea and without a doubt was the best one. The staff were from many continents and all extremely friendly and willing to make our stay eventful. Especially the guy on the beach who cleaned sunglasses. The only down side was the extreme heat, late 30's, so if I was to return it would be in March time which was recommended by the locals."

• Travel date: Sun 17th of June 2007

Excellent Resort

"stayed here 05/06/07 till 12/06/07 in a sea front suite in block 2. Rooms are very good excellent size which was great as we had our travelling with out 22 month old. The rooms are perhaps a little dated in decor now, but thats a very minor point, but everything was spotlessly cleaned each day.

We were on the half board deal which gave buffet at La Fontana each night or 140dhs towards the cost of your food at any of the other outlets apart from the sports cafe. The buffet was very good in La Fontana, with a good selection for all tastes.

We used our 140dhms to try La Traviaita and White Orchid, the food La Traviata was superb and probably one of the best steaks i have ever had, it was that good. Again the food in White Orchid, the asian, was very good but others with me were not so pleased with their choices. The 140dhms comfortably covered a starter & main after which we were full anyway. Even if you are not on half board the cost of food is very reasonable...a starter and main for £20, when at home I would happliy in excess of £20 just for the steak...........lunches at the various outlets is approx £10-15 for two.

The beach & pools are very nice too great service from the towel guys, lots of beds and umbrellas, never not able to get a bed and brolly. The sea was very warm and a bit murky due to the Palm construction.

The only one complaint I have of this place is that you need to keep a close eye on your room bill.......I had rogue drinks and services charged to it and bills that had been settled in cash also appeared, and I have better ways of spending my holiday time than arguing items on my room bill. They did remove them but still left a bitter feeling of an attempt to rip me off.

Speaking to other people around the pool its clear that JA/PCT has a loyal following, many people are 2-5 times vistors and I can see why.

All in all we had agreat week and I would definitely return to JA/PCT, its a really great place to relax and chill out."

• Travel date: Fri 15th of June 2007

A truly relaxing time

"Having previously stayed at the Jebel Ali's sister hotel 3 and 2 years ago (Oasis Beach) I was sure that this venue would be excellent. How right I was!

Arriving late on a Friday evening my partner & I were well looked after. Reception staff were great, being friendly and efficient and we were quickly whisked away (courtesy of the concierge and a golf cart) to a ground floor palm tree court suite where we were given a useful guided tour of the accommodation.

The room was large with fruit, wine and sweets awaiting us. More than sufficient drawer/wardrobe space and a large bathroom with walk-in shower, large bath tub and two basins. The robes and slippers were a nice touch. All was very clean and we couldn't find anything to criticise whatsoever. A well stocked mini bar, tea and coffee making facilities and an in room safe were all useful little extras. The information manual was useful not to mention the magazines and other directories left for our perusal. We had our own table/chairs and sunlongers outside our ground floor room and this allowed us to relax and cool down late each afternoon.

La Fontana provided the breakfasts and had the choice of aircon or al fresco dining. Overlooking the pool it was a welcome start to each of the 9 mornings attended. Staff were always glad to refill coffee cups and greeted guests with a welcoming smile each day.

We loved the restaurants, particularly La Traviata at the Jebel Ali, being a cosy little Italian with a good atmosphere and very friendly staff, not to mention great food. Shooters was also a favourite, being a fun 5/10 minute shuttle bus ride away, and again brilliant staff who served excellent food. La Fontana provided very good themed buffets each evening and we enjoyed the Mediterranean and Indian nights that we attended.

For an early evening drink or nightcap the Clipper bar was very relaxing and the resident pianist kept us all entertained.

The hotel grounds are impressive. Beautiful waterfalls and streams and plenty of wildlife to admire. Well worth a walk round especially on an evening when the lights make the complex look very beautiful. The beachfront gardens and beach itself have more than sufficient sunloungers/parasols and the beach attendants couldn't do enough for the guests. Whilst we could see the ongoing work of the palm islands it didn't detract from our enjoyment at all. The Marina was worth a look around and being a sporty type I enjoyed a visit to the Sports Cafe to watch some live sport and have a refreshing drink.

The Spa itself was revitalising. We had 2 treatments each and can recommend the deep tissue massages. We were well looked after and enjoyed the Spa experience very much. The fruit kebabs and herbal teas provided a relaxing finale along with a great panoramic view. Altogether refreshing and anyone staying here must give this a try.

Offsite we enjoyed visits to the Wild Wadi water park. Great fun for both children and adults. The snowdome was also a fantastic place to go for a ski and the Emirates Mall was very impressive for those who enjoy their shopping. The Hard Rock Cafe and TGI Fridays proved to be good venues to eat, the former providing some good live music also.

Overall it's a venue we'll revisit as soon as possible and one that we'll recommend to family and friends."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of June 2007

Jo, Mark & Dannielle think it is Excellent!

"We have just returned from our 7 day stay at the Palm Tree Court, we stayed in one of the seafacing suites, no complaints whatsoever, the staff were always helpful and friendly, the food was excellent, the whole place was spotless. Everyone loved our little girl (7) she spent all day every day in the pool. She doesnt like the beach so myself and partner took it in turns to venture down to the beach, i felt very safe at all times whilst on my own. The golf buggies take you wherever you wish to go around the resort, thats if you are feeling too lazy to walk, as its not exactly a marathon!! There isnt much to do at night with a youngster as most of the bars and restaurants cater only for the over 21's. This, however didnt matter as a relaxing drink at the Captains Bar on the beach after our evening meal was more than enough to end a very relaxing and pleasurable day. Plan to go again as soon as we have saved some more pennies!!"

• Travel date: Wed 9th of May 2007

Fantastic!

"Have recently returned from 5 days at the Palm Tree Court hotel. It was the most relaxing, enjoyable and almost perfect holiday I have had!

The hotel staff were friendly, polite, and extremely efficient with everything! Nothing was too much trouble! When we arrived they had assumed I was a man because of my title (dr!), so had made the bed into a double (I was travelling with my mum [mrs!]). They were extremely apologetic and immediately altered the beds. We thought it was quite amusing (it had already happened with the car we had arranged from the airport! Apparently in Dubai, all Drs are male!), but they kept apologising! Gave us a drink while we waited the few minutes for the beds to be altered!

We stayed in a junior suite, which was spacious, with a massive bathroom, great bath and walk in shower! We had a terrace and an area of garden with sunloungers which was great!

The food was excellent- I'm vegetarian and there was plenty of choice always. Breakfast had lots options, with cereal, fresh fruit, meats and cheeses, cakes/bread, hot food including waffles- just great! In the evenings we ate in the La Fontana (buffet), the italian, and the thai restaurants, all of which were lovely. At lunchtime we ate in the Clipper beach bar/restaurant mainly- tried the Captains bar once but didnt like it as much.

Our main dilema each day was decieding where to put our beach towels (provided- at least 2 each, and ask for more if you want them!)- either the pool, the greass next ot the beach, or on the beach!! Very comfy sunloungers and plenty of them!! It never felt crowded on the palm tree court side of the complex, although seemed busier nearer the main hotel.

The evening 'bateaux dubai' dinner cruise was really good- 5* food, and nice to see a bit more of dubai! (Be aware it can take 90minutes to get there in the rush hour traffic. Only 25mins to get back afterwards though!)

The one negative point is the bus journey into the city. The traffic is bad in dubai, and the bus driver didnt seem very good at clutch control with all the stop-starting in the traffic jam! we kangaroo jumped for several miles and I felt quite sick when we got to the Mall. (A tip about the shopping malls- the Mall of emirates is a bit like UK shopping centres but bigger! It has Next, Boots, Topshop etc, etc. We liked the Ib Bantana mall better- it was smaller, all on one level, and had more unusal shops. We weren't sure which mall to go to, so got the hotel courtsey bus to the Mall of the Emirates, then caught the next hotel coutsey bus [about an hour later] back to the Ib Bantana mall and stayed there for a while). We had no problems with booking a space onto the bus, or with getting a seat.

All in all, a lovely 5* hotel!!

PS- shop around on the interent for prices- we got several quotes, varying by £400 pp!"

• Travel date: Sun 11th of March 2007

Returning to this Excellent Hotel for th...

"Returning to this Excellent Hotel for the 4th time, I anticipated a similar level of service once again. How wrong I was.

Upon arrival (despite arranging for an early check-in) we were made to wait around for over 2 hours till they "got the room ready" , bearing in mind that we had been on a 6.5 hour flight from LHR, and the temperature was 106 degrees in the shade.

We were offered no meals or drinks during that wait and the staff on duty were incapable of sympathy or support. We could not change as our luggage was on a golf cart somewhere with my Wife’s Make-up etc melting in the sun!

Once established in our room, we found the room service appalling, there were days when the towels were not changed, or taken and not replaced. The mini bar was never re-stocked once in the full 9 days we were there, and the floors in the room or on the balcony were ignored.

I had cause to request that the TV remote was replaced after it failed to work on day 2. It took repeated calls and notes in the room the finally get it replaced on day 8. We could not watch the TV while getting ready to go out in the evening as the volume was stuck on maximum (so much for the benefits of a Suite).

Finally, and most importantly, the overall "Couldn't care less" attitude of the staff was very evident throughout my stay, unlike at the parent Hotel the Jebel Ali International, where the staff were fully attentive and could not do enough to help us.

Sometimes it doesn't pay to opt for the most expensive options!"

• Travel date: Tue 29th of May 2007

Without a shadow of a doubt the best hol...

"Without a shadow of a doubt the best holiday my partner and me have ever had. The resort was simply breathtaking - the Palm Tree Court’s suites were roomy, clean and fully stocked with everything you could need, including the obligatory flip flops for the beach.

Food wise the resort had catered for everything. Breakfasts were extensive, even providing pork for the non-Muslims, which I was quite surprised about. They had both cooked and continental and the staff were terrific. Snacks at the beachside bars were excellent and quite reasonably priced whilst the smoothies at the bar were must haves.

For dinner they had the buffets, which changed theme every night, and also the a la Cartes. Both were brilliant value for money and had some of the best food I’ve ever tasted. Especially recommended was the Oriental Fusion restaurant.

With the resort being attached to the Jebel Ali there was also plenty to do - including camel rides! Highly recommended were also the city tours, especially the city nightlights one. All in all I’d recommend the resort to anyone."

• Travel date: Sun 31st of July 2005

Hotels near JA Palm Tree Court

Stayed at JA Palm Tree Court? Share your insight.

JA Palm Tree Court is also called