Wonderfull views

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"We ate dinner at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Dubai at their revolving restaurant. The views are out of this world. The food is very good and is buffet style so you can eat as much as you like. The choice was excellent covering a range of hot and cold dishes with wonderfull desserts. Please try the American prime rib roast beef with the gravy it was the best we ever tasted and my husband had four helpings."

• Travel date: Sun 5th of November 2006

Good but be aware!

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"We have just returnded from an 8 night stay and i hope i have provided here a fair review to help other travellers. The hotel is very nice, rooms are excellent, clean and spaceous. The reception area is an open souless place with none of the touches that make Dubai's 5 star hotels outstanding (this is our 7th hotel in Dubai). The photo supplied by trip advisor above is the Grand Hyatt Dubai, so don't be misled, go on the hotel website for the photos.
We had some little niggles that the hotel could not/ would not resolve, they put our 15 year old son at the opposite end of the corridor to us despite requests both, before and during the stay for rooms close together and the hotel was not full. We could not get a late check out beyond 2pm our flight was at 1am. A big draw back for us the pool only has sunlight until lunch time after that it's completely in the shade so no good for sun lovers or if you want a bit of sun after a day out. If you've got kids the mini golf is £3 each, pitch and putt £5 each, tennis raquet hire £1.50, ice skating £5. not a lot but it does add up if you're on a budget. We've stayed 5* before and these type of things are usually free.
The hotel is far out but you can get taxis cheaply and you are away from the major construction, the walk to the gold souk is along a very busy road not suitable for young kids.
Do not take the hotel shuttle bus to Mamzar beach it's awful - full of litter and you can't even buy shade, we went, paid to get in and came straight back.
You can use the facilities at the Grand Hyatt, they have a beautiful pool set in gardens, definately worth a day out while you're there we have stayed there so know how good it is.
The staff and service are good, rooms cleaned at least twice a day. We only ate in the "Kitchen" restaurant food was very good and not too expensive. This hotel is an average 5* , we would not stay again only because we know there are better 5* hotels within this price range. We paid £103 per night for the double room and £86 for the single, booked through Hyatt.com for the best rate."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of October 2006

Amazing!

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"I have just got back from the Hyatt Regency after staying here for a week with my family. I had the most amazing time and the hotel is lovely. Yes there are quite a lot of businessmen but there are in many hotels in dubai. The reception staff are very efficient and helpful, we arrived early morning, not expecting to check in till 2 o clock but were alllowed straight into our rooms which was great after a long night flight. The club olympus includes everything from a gym to table tennis and squash. The pool is a decent size and there was always sunbeds. The sun deck also has plenty of beds. There are plebty of eateries and we dined twice at Al Dawaar, which i personally thought was lovely so ignore reviews.

The gold souk is only about 5dhs in a taxi and is a wonderful experience. You must bartar because they dropped a gold bracelet down from £2200 to £900! Here you can get an abra across the creek and experience cheap shopping and lovely waterside restaurants. The boardwalk is also a must and includes great restaurants.

Wild Wadi Waterpark is a must as they have flumes which actually go up instead of down which is definately different!! Here you also get great views of jumeirah beach and the burj al arab. We went for a meal at the burj (must pre book) which was a once in a lifetime experience, it was beautiful.

I would definately rather stay at the hyatt rather than jumeirah end as there is a lot of building work and not a lot to do within the area. Being close to the creek was a lot more enjoyable. I would go back tomorrow if i could!"

• Travel date: Tue 17th of October 2006

First Class Hotel

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"We have just returned from a 6 day trip to Dubai where we stayed at the Hyatt Regency. A lot of review sites said it was a great hotel but a poor location. I have to disagree - it is a fair way from the beaches and construction sites of Dubai but is in walking distance to the Gold and Spice souks and a short cab ride (which are cheap) to most of the old Town on both sides of the creek.

The hotel was spotless, the staff very helpful and the rooms were spacious, clean and modern. I am fussy and we could not fault it.

The hotel has some of great restaurants including a 25 storey revolving restaurant serving buffet style food, fabulous Italian and the Kitchen - serving meals all day including a clay oven cooking.

The hotel was great value and the location although a fair way from the beaches offered easy access to most other areas by Cab, including 15 mins to the airport."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of October 2006

Wonderfully grand

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"It was my first trip to Dubai so thought I'd treat myself with a nice hotel and the Hyatt didn't let me down. It is a large and not very attractive building from the outside but when you enter the lobby you realise what's ahead. The check-in staff were superb and noticed I had a late flight onto Colombo at the end of my stay so organised a late check-out for me. The room was outstanding; plenty of space, huge bathroom, nice view out towards where they are building 'The World'. Used one of the hotel's eating places - there are plenty - and wish I'd been told when I started that dessert was free with a main course as there was a table filled with all manner of chocolate dishes and a chocolate fountain where you could stand and help yourself! Very impressed and would stay again, especially if there was a special rate available."

• Travel date: Sat 7th of October 2006

Everything you expect from the Hyatt!

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"After three weeks of travelling around the region I just wanted something comfortable to stay in for two nights before going back home. I was very pleased with the suggestion of the travel agency in the airport arrivals hall to stay at the Hyatt Regency. (not to mention the excellent last minute deal they got for it!)

This hotel is a little further north than a lot of the newer ones, situated in the older part of dubai. But it is extremely close to the Gold Soukh. If you want to be close to the beaches and the newer Dubai Marina area then this is not the place for you.

But otherwise, this is a top quality hotel with everything you would expect from a five star establishment.

It is a very modern, contemporary design so I can see how the rooms seem a little sparse to some. It is nice that they actually thought to put a lot of extra outlets in the places you need them and the desk is actually condusive to doing work if you need to.

We had dinner at the Iranian restaurant in the hotel and it was excellent. The live singing and band was a nice touch although a bit loud if you wanted to carry on a conversation. Sit out on the balcony and you can avoid some of the noise. Also very nice is the shisha (hookah) that is available here. Some of the best in Dubai - I am sure the brand new pipes help that.

And I can definitely say the service was wonderful. I forgot my cell phone on the table at dinner. Even though I immediately went back for it the restaurant had already closed. Fortunately, a cleaning person saw me and found a manager of another place that was open next door. This guy went out of his way to call the restaurant manager on his mobile and find out that my phone was with housekeeping. A very pleasant ending.

Overall, the Hyatt Regency is a classy hotel and I will definitely look forward to staying there again."

• Travel date: Sat 29th of July 2006

Rooms are great, location is a little far out

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"Stayed here for four days. We stayed on the newly refurbished fourth floor overlooking the pool which was very nice indeed.

Bathroom was fantastic with a seperate shower and bath. The minibar was very very well stocked but be advised it will cost you more than your average minibar. If you feel like ordering booze from room service think carefully it will cost you a LOT of money.

TV shows quite a varied mix of channels and it was a definite bonus to be able to watch British news and see how the folks were freezing back home in the UK.

The pool is large and is heated in the winter and cooled in the summer, it's nice and deep too - down to 2.4 metres! During our stay the pool only had maybe one or two guests using it, unlike that facilities at the beachfront hotels further down the coast.

The revolving restaurant is worth a look but don't expect to be wowed by the cuisine, it's a buffet but it's not bad at all from a sustenance point of view.

The Iranian restaurant was very very good and with the live local music certainly gives you the flavour of Arabia. Recommended.

The staff were very pleasant without exception and were very helpful and attentive at every stage.

I think that the only real problem is the location. It's a bit far from the centre of town and the beach areas, however after saying that you have to remember that Dubai is not a pedestrians town. Taxis are cheap and plentiful (but often are complete lunatics)and if you walk for 10mins you will be at the top of the creek and with the local Gold souk within easy reach.

I particularly enjoyed my stay at the Hyatt Regency."

• Travel date: Wed 15th of March 2006

Recently renovated, comfortable

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"My girlfriend & I stayed here for one week. We were given a freshly-renovated room with a view over the Gulf, and could not fault the room - large & comfortable.

Breakfast served in the room was enough for 2 people.

The gym is decent, and the outdoor pool is fairly large. Tennis courts have a ball machine which is inexpensive to rent.

All the staff were friendly and helpful.

Internet access is indeed expensive, but we were able to pick up a (weak) signal from an open access point, and surf for free using that.

The hotel is slightly set away from the bustling shopping streets. You could walk to the gold souk and electronics district in about 20 mins, but a taxi is under $3.

The hotel's nightclub is not as trendy as those in the nearby Marine Beach Resort, so dress up a little and take a taxi there instead for cool bars and beautiful people; it's a short ride away.

I would be happy to stay here again. Shop around for prices, we paid US$135 with tax using prepurchased Hyatt vouchers. With lots to do, Dubai in general is a great place for a holiday!"

• Travel date: Sun 1st of January 2006

I'm not a man!

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Admittedly the decor, service and all was very good, but it was very businessman aimed. There was nothing much to do and all the shops were aimed at men, hmm... Although I did think the ice-skating rink and Baskin&Robins was pretty cute :)"

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of November 2005

Look elsewhere

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Cold, marble clad and one to be avoided.
Reception staff pleasant...and that's about it!
Definitely a business hotel, being near the gold souk doesn't make it 'central'.
As for Al Dawaar, the revolving restaurant - save your money."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of October 2005