Hilton Dubai Jumeirah

The Walk Street Dubai Marina, Dubai United Arab Emirates

Good

Fantastic

"We started our 6 week overseas trip with a 3 day break at the Hilton Jumeirah and were worried that we had peaked too soon. This hotel is fantastic, great food, pool, beach and the staff are amazing. Yes there is construction everywhere but not only at Jumeriah but all over Dubai. It was a full on round the clock construction zone outside our window and I did not hear a thing from our room and when you are at the pool or beach you are facing towards the water so it has no impact whatsoever. Breakfast is amazing, they have everything you could ever think of and try the Mexican restaurant it is lovely. Highly recommended."

• Travel date: Wed 12th of October 2005

Great Hotel, Great Place!

"I have just returned with friends from a weeks stay at the Hilton Jumeirah and I have to say that the hotel and Dubai itself surpassed all my expectations. I read a lot of the reviews before I went so it was only fair to post one myself to help others who are travelling to dubai.

The hotel itself is excellent and will merit its 5 star status. The standard of service is excellent and the views are pretty good but would recommend a seaview room. There is visible construction at the front of the hotel and my guess is that it will be at least 6 months before the Jumeirah Beach Residence project is completed. The construction does not affect your holiday at all and you can hardly hear anything. You will probaly be able to see the construction from most of the seaview rooms because of the way the hotel is shaped but it really is not worth worrying about.

The breakfast is great and you can eat loads. The hotel also has some very nice restaurants. We had dinner at BICE and it is nice but a bit on the expensive side compared to other restaurants in Dubai. It is quite classy though so you would expect to pay more.

The pool and beach front have a really nice atmosphere. The hotel pool is cool but in Dubai weather you need a dip to just cool off. The weather is in the day was around 40 degrees but it is not so excessive that it becomes unbearable. When your wandering around Dubai you are just steppiing out of an air-conditioned taxi into air conditioned malls etc so you hardly spend any time in excessive heat. I personally found the temperatures perfect and a nice tan is guaranteed.

There are better 5 star hotels on Jumeirah Beach (Mina Salam, Al Qasr, Royal Mirage etc) but these will be far more expensive. Some of these hotels are exremely picturesque and worth a visit.

Getting about in Dubai is really easy and fairly cheap. The hotels run shuttle buses to the shopping malls and the souks. Alternatively you can just jump into a taxi and they are relatively cheap. The Hilton is quite far away from many of the souks and attractions so you will need taxis. A trip to the Burj Al Arab in a taxi for instance is around 20 Dirhams (£3). The Gold Souks would probably cost around 50 DHS (£8) in a taxi. Dubai is a lot bigger than I thought so its worth getting a map and plan your days so you can work in zones to avoid taxi fares back and forth. A practical tip is to avoid long trips in the rush hours as the traffic can be really bad. The longest amount of time we ever spent in taxi to get anywhere was about an hour.

As for shopping you are just spoilt for choice. In addition to the Gold Souks, there are a number of very smart shopping centres ( Ibn Buttana, Mercato, Burjaman, Deira etc). I think the Emirates Mall is also very close to opening and it is supposed to be one of the biggest in the world. Most of the big hotels also have shops and restaurants.

There are loads of things you can do in Dubal if you don't fancy shopping all the time. We went to the Burj for afternoon tea and it is worth a visit. Wild Wadi is a fun day out. Madinat Jumeirah is worth a visit to see some of the great hotel grounds and bazaars etc.. Nighlife is scattered across Dubai and most of the clubs are in hotel grounds ( Fairmont, Emirates Towers, Madinat Jumeriah and others). If you don't like clubs, these places are still worth a visit as there are good shops and restarurants in the complexes and some of the bars will give you great views of Dubai. The Dubai skyline is just amazing particularly at night even with many buildings yet to be completed.

Dubai is just fantastic and i would have loved to have stayed longer and I will definately be returning soon. Hope you find the review helpful."

• Travel date: Thu 29th of September 2005

absolutely fabulous

"A party of thirteen of us just returned from staying at the Hilton for 7 nights on August 28th. Well what more can we say I think all the previous reviewers have mentioned every little detail.

Before we went out to Dubai we were very apprehensive as to whether we had made the right choice of hotels admist all the construction work. We must admit this web page was an enormous help. Anyway we booked it and thought we won't know the real truth until we get outhere. We were unsure after seeing the holiday programme which I now think was very biased.

When we were approaching near our hotel we all did think "Oh my god we are right in the middle of a huge building site", but that was all immediately forgotten as soon as were welcomed by the staff and, when we saw this huge but absolutley amazing lobby. We were given juice whilst we were checking in and the children received colouring pencils and books. When we were allocated to our rooms we were not happy as the room had only one huge bed. As we were sharing with children we wanted rooms with 2 double beds. We were given folding beds for the night and the manager promised us to move us to different rooms the next day, which they did not hesitate to do with even better sea views.

Everything about the hotel was 100% perfect. The kids loved it and did not want to leave. The food was brilliant and we can't praise the staff enough. As for the noise you could not hear one thing. The only noise you could hear throught the night was the air conditioning. Our stay was absolutely fabulous and would love to go back next year and see the building work completed."

• Travel date: Thu 8th of September 2005

Absolutely fantastic! Amazing hotel

"This August, my Mother and I took a 2 week holiday to Dubai, a vastly up-and-coming city, definitely a jewel of the Middle East. We chose the Hilton Dubai Jumeirah from the brochure and after reading up on it from this site, felt compelled to tell everybody how absolutely wonderful this hotel, and indeed place, is. We left Heathrow on August 18th, arriving around 8am on the morning of Friday 19th. The transfer to the hotel from the airport was perfectly smooth. Driving in to the area though, down the Jumeirah Beach Road, at first looked like we were entering Beirut! The construction of the Jumeirah Beach Residence, and the Dubai Marina (just behind) is on an absolutely huge scale. You just cannot believe the amount of buildings, and also cranes that there are, and my mother and I looked at eachother with a lot of apprehension, mainly both thinking 'Oh what the hell are we in for!' After passing by the Ritz-Carlton and Oasis Beach, we pulled in to the Hilton and we were greeted by the huge grins and friendliness of the doormen who took our luggage for us. We knew before we left that hotel rooms were not ready for check in usually, until 2pm. The friendly concierge did her very best to arrange something earlier. In the meantime, we took a short walk to see where the beach was, and free tea, coffee and water were provided as a type of 'waiting area' in the StudioOne sports bar. Around 10am, we were told that a room was available, and would we like to have a look at it before accepting it. It looked fine and we went back down to the reception to be issued with room cards and shortly after we arrived in our room, the concierge brought up our luggage and passports.
The deluxe seaview room did live up to expecdtations. Very spacious and comfortable, with a nice bathroom and fair size balcony. From our balcony, to the right we had a charming view of the building works, but we were both taken back in surprise by just how QUIET it was, in comparison to the scale of the project! Not the most spectacular view, but you only had to look in front of you and to the left we could sea the beautiful white beach, crystal blue Arabian Gulf, the swimming pool and further out, we could sea the Palm Island Project coming to shape! Directly in front of us, albeit in the distance, we could see the Burj Al Arab, the only 7* hotel in the world! We were very impressed. Once the balcony door was closed, you could not hear a thing - and I mean a thing! The cool air conditioning kept the room at a nice temperature, and stepping back in to it at the end of a long hard days sunbathing in temperatures which peaked 46C/115F, was majestic!

The rooms were well cleaned everyday, with fresh towels and bathroom amenities. The bed linen was changed every three days, but could be changed every day if you wished so. There was a minibar, with alcohol and soft drinks at reasonable prices which was restocked every day, and you were also given 2 complimentary bottles of mineral water a day. There were also two spacious wardrobes and a good iron and hairdryer (hidden in a drawer!)

The beach of the hotel is stunning. Temperatures averaged around 43C/110F, and the sea water around 35C/95F! Never have I been in water (sea water) so warm, in fact you didn't get in to cool down, you got in to get wet and nothing more! The colours of the Arabian Gulf - a haze of technicolour blues and sandy bottom make the water ideal. The building work didn't bother us one tiny bit at all during our stay, we could barely hear a thing on the beach, I suppose it'd be comparable to a small airconditioning unit a few metres away! And that is more drowned out by the sounds of the waves crashing on the white sand. There are very comfy seats which you can use which are at the edge of the water and are a perfect place to have the water lapping at your toes whilst catching some rays! There is a beach butler service, who drive around on a little cart to deliver any drinks you may order. When getting your pool towels, you are given a red flag which you hang up if you want to order anything from the butler. There is also a bar which you can walk up to yourself and purchase a range of soft drinks or beer. They also bring round huge trays of fresh juicy watermelon, ice cold flannels (heavenly!) and cups of ice (even more heavenly!) for nothing which are fantastic. Even in such hot weather, the staff could not be more friendly and considerate, and they are very genuine in doing anything they can to help.

There is a fairly large pool, with swim up pool bar, and also lots of subeds throughout the gardens, but we found the pool too busy and with a lot of children, and the beach was so beautiful, we infact only used the pool for half an hour on the first and last morning!

There are a range of restaurants in the hotel. We had bed and breakfast basis and the breakfast buffet in the Oceana Restaurant in the lobby had the most fantastic range of food anyone could wish for! There are every kind of fresh fruit, cheeses and cold meats, tons of different breads, croissants and pastrys, fresh cooked (full English) foods, as well as a cooking station where they could cook french toast, waffles, pancakes, any types of egg as you ordered them! They had a machine squeezing fresh oranges for juice which I wanted to bring home! It was my 15th birthday whiilst we were there, and on the morning of my birthday, at my Mums request for some balloons at my table, all of the staff came out singing 'Happy Birthday', with a birthday cake and candles, and some balloons! I was a bit embarrassed at first but it made it a very special morning and everyone in the restaurant said Happy Birthday to me!
Oceana have 'theme' nights, with a buffet menu of different styles, including Mexican, Italian, Seafood, Steak&Jazz, and Arabic. We dined in here on the Italian night where the pasta is cooked in front of you to your taste and there are gorgeous fresh salads and meats. We also dined here on the Steak and Jazz night, where they had beautiful fresh cuts of beef (my Mum said the filet mignon was one of the best she'd tasted!) and the most fantastic desserts, including a chocolate fountain and marshmallows, apple pie, and my favourite of all, from the Italian night, Orange Panna Cotta, which was actually to die for!!
We dined in the upmarket, trendy and sophisticated Italian restaurant BiCE. The pasta is the best I have ever tasted, with a perfect Arabbiatta sauce! We also had food in WaveBreaker (off the beach) which was nice, and you could order anything you wanted, all day every day from Room Service, but, saving the best til last, the Latin American speciality, Pachanga! This restaurant was fabulous!! We dined in here three times, and each time enjoyed it tremendously! You can choose from Brazilian, Argentinian, or Mexican fare, and the ambience is lovely, with salsa dancers on Wednesdays, but a live Latin American band performing music of that region on other nights. Whilst waiting for your food, you are served a complimentary basket of olive bread, still warm, which you could eat instead of dinner, and then hand coooked Nachos with a fresh guacamole dip, which is tailor made for you at your table, enabling you to see and choose exactly what goes in it! I highly reccoment the Chicken Fajitas, and just wait until you see how the desserts are presented - their appearance on the plate deserves a Michelin star alone in my opinion!

In addition, the hotel run a shuttle to three main shopping places - First stop BurJuman mall, which is full of designer shops such as Dior, Chanel, Versace, Louis Vuitton and Saks 5th Avenue dept. store. Second stop: Gold Souks, which are about a ten minute walk from where the bus drops you (although we did get lost and have to ask someone the direction to the Souk itself!) - good for jewellry, only white and yellow gold though, no silver. The shop owners keep cutting the prices, so if you really want something then go from shopto shop and get the best price you can! Last stop, Deira City Centre: a Carrefours hypermarket, BHS, Woolworths, and a Debenhams, Topshop and River Island, as well as lots of other stores and restaurants. It's a bit of a home from home, but still pretty good in a huge mall!

The staff in the hotel are incredibly friendly. Incredibly. They are polite and nothing is too much trouble for anybody. I have to particularly mention Nasir, who works in the Lobby in charge of transport. He greeted us on our very first morning, telling us about the hotel and offered help should we ever need it. Every time we saw him, we had a charming conversation, and after I mentioned my birthday, he found me the day after down on the beach and gave me a small birthday book, which I thought was the sweetest thing for him to do! Totally beyond what the job requires I'm sure, but he was incredibly friendly and made our stay that bit more enjoyable. Next, was Savio, who worked in the Lobby and also for Room Service - such a charming young man, evr friendly and couldn't have done more to help. Also Ly, who worked in WaveBreaker - to name but a few. The Hilton should be incredibly proud of these staff who make the hotel all the more worthy of its 5* status.

All in all, we had a fantastic stay at the Hilton. We'd love to visit there again in a few years and see the building work completed. There was nothing to do in the evening apart from dinner, no live entertainment in the hotel (only one poor point), and nowhere to walk to outside. In a few years the JBR and many other projects will be finished and I think Dubai will be even more a fantastic place to visit. I would definitely reccomend the Hilton Jumeirah - a top class hotel and I cannot praise them highly enough for the top quality service, beach and overall genuine friendliness they provided us with during our stay."

• Travel date: Mon 5th of September 2005

Fantastic doesn't even come close!

"My boyfriend and I have just spent 10 fabulous nights in the amazing city which is Dubai and our hotel of choice was the Hilton Jumeirah. Before our trip I had spent hours and hours trawling the net for reviews on the hotel, its location, service etc and although 9 out of every 10 reviews were positive, I can honestly say that none prepared me for just how amazing my stay there really was. From the second our transfer coach dropped us off at the Hilton Jumeirah (at 8.30am in the morning!) we were treated like kings! From the doormen that took our luggage and held open the car doors to the concierge who checked us in. There is not a negative thing I can say about the running of this hotel or indeed, its staff. As we had such an early arrival we could not engage our room until 2pm so this meant a long wait. We were fully aware of this and could have paid extra for early check in but chose not to. Yes we were tired after the flight and yes it was hot (try 45'C/120F!!!) but there was the option of using the already thriving pool area, the beautiful air-conditioned indoor waiting areas or the cushioned, shaded areas around the pool. And with the amazing bar and pool staff at hand to serve you ice cold water and flannels, the waiting around didn't once feel like an issue. As it turned out we didn't have to wait until 2pm as our concierge did his utmost help to get us in as quickly as possible. We got the keycard to our deluxe seaview room at just after 12.30pm. I will hazard a guess that most of the readers of this who are planning on or indeed are staying in the Hilton Jumeirah are aware and in no doubt concerned about the construction work that is going on around the hotel. I too (hence my hours of internet review trawling) had concerns prior to staying here. All I can say to anyone with worries is PLEASE DON'T. I know it sounds crazy and I know it is said before in previous reviews, but it really isn''t an issue. Yes the construction is on-going and for the best part of the day, yes you can see building works from most of the rooms in the hotel, yes there is some noise. I can honestly say, hand on heart when I was sunbathing and swimming in the pool I was barely aware of anything. The noise from the pool and families drowned out any construction. The beautiful surroundings of the hotel grounds more than made up for the unfinished buildings and apartments. And as for being in the room. You could NOT hear a thing. The pool area is brilliant with free sunbeds and free use of beach and pool towels - no need to bring one from home! The beach is amazing and the sea - wow! Never have I been in sea with a temperature of 35'C/100F! Getting back to the staff of the pool and beach area - what a great job these guys do. So friendly and welcoming even in this extreme heat never do they show irritability or stress. Service with a smile at all times and you know what? They mean it. Fantastic people and I have to give a very special mention to Ly ;-)

The Hilton Jumeirah has wonderful restaurants and food. We had opted for bed and breakfast during our stay which was from 7am-11am. What a choice! The variety was amazing. Choose from an array of fresh fruits, cakes, pastries, bacon, hash browns, sausages, cheeses, cereals, toast, pancakes, waffles, eggs how you like them. From Continental to American, Japenese, Asian and a full English, the choice was there. We ate in two of the in-house restaurants during our stay also. One was an exquisite Italian called Bice, the other (and my personal favourite) the Latino called Pachanga. Bice was great. The portions are huge, piping hot and the freshest tasting pasta I have had in a long time. Aperitifs are served whilst you have a drink at the bar and the ambience is great. Whilst we were dining Roger Federer was two tables away! And Pachanga - well! No exaggeration when I say it was the best steak I have ever tasted! Choose from either Mexican, Argentinian or Brazilian cuisine - why not have one of everything! Handcooked nachos with freshly made to order guacamole prepared in front of you are served whilst your starter and main meal is being prepared at no extra cost and the rustic bread is replaced frequently. This is definitely one to visit. Judging by the length of this review it appears that I have spoken enough about my praise for this hotel and so to save you all from falling asleep I will finish up now on these last few things. The rooms are spacious and comfortable with huge beds and lots of wardrobe space, the bathroom is modern and clean and the amenities are great! They are replaced everyday so you wouldn't even need to bring shampoo, conditioner, shower gel from home! The rooms are cleaned every single day and what a job they do. Robes are provided as are towels and complimentary mineral water is left every day. The health spa is worth a visit, I had a full body massage and it was fab. Yes August is an extremely hot time of year in Dubai but not unbearable so don't let people put you off. I myself along with my boyfriend will 100% be visiting this amazing city and hotel again that I can swear to."

• Travel date: Mon 15th of August 2005

What more could you ask for!!!

"i went to dubai with my family last year for a week and stayed at the most luxrious hotel ever the hilton. the service is brilliant and the location is fabulous with the sea on you're doorstep!! the hotel was everything you would expect and more the food delicious, rooms spacious with spectacular views!!!also from our hotel we organised an action packed day out including fishing,water sports,sand surfing,camel rides and the must do if going to dubai the 4x4 dune tour fast and furious as you want overall one of the most memborable holidays ive ever experienced!"

• Travel date: Sat 30th of July 2005

Superb hotel

"Have to agree with recent reviews of this hotel - it is excellent, in spite of the building site which surrounds it. I was disappointed to see such a damning review on TV the other night which concentrated solely on the building work and gave no credit to the excellence of the hotel itself. The staff are the friendliest and among the most efficient I have come across in many years of travelling. My young son loved it because everyone said hello and by the end of the week knew his name and made a point of speaking to him. Definitely ask for a sea view room, but the double glazing cuts out all noise and dust, and the pool and the beach are lovely. Just be prepared for the drive past the construction work and be amazed!"

• Travel date: Thu 28th of July 2005

Nice Hotel

"I recently went to Dubai for a 3 day business trip. Had stayed in this hotel a few years before and the hotel still looks good. Might seem dated when compared to the more luxurious hotels but at these prices it is still worth it.

Wanted to stay in a Laguna Suite and was "disappointed" to be given an Executive Suite instead. Was explained that due to the construction work, they had closed off the Laguna Suite.

Anyway, this was still excellent. Nice living room, spacious bedroom, really comfortable bed, 2 balconies and daily complimentary fruit. Staff were really helpful, pool & beach was pleasant and not too overcrowded (maybe because July is way too hot - over 40 degrees).

Even with the construction work going on all night, once you shut the balcony doors you could not hear a single thing so i was still able to sleep peacefully.

Would definitely stay here again if on business (for holidays with the family nothing beats Jumeirah Beach Hotel)."

• Travel date: Thu 28th of July 2005

Absolutely fabulous

"We have just returned from a fabulous week in Dubai, U.A.E.

We stayed at the Hilton hotel on Jumeirah Beach and it was 5 star all the way!

Okay, so there was a wee bit of construction going on across the road, but this did not retract from our holiday. If anything it added to it! You will never see anything like this again in your lifetime!

The hotel was fantastic as were all the people working there. From the guy that looked after our room to the staff on the beach. Friendly and helpful with beautiful manners. We cannot speak highly enough of them all.

The beach was absolutely magnificent with the whitest sand and warmest water we have ever experienced. The ice cold towels and cold face spray were a little extra which were really appreciated.

As for Dubai itself, what can we say but WOW! Had lunch at Burj Al Arab and it was fantastic. What a place, it has to be seen to be believed.

Fabulous shopping malls, all in all a great holiday which we would recommend to anyone."

• Travel date: Fri 1st of July 2005

Loved Hilton Dubai Jumeirah

"I have stayed in many hotels but this hotel sticks out from the rest. It was simply exceptional apart from the construction, which you cannot fault the hotel it happens everywhere. The staff from day one were so friendly always treated us with smiles and always greeted us. The ammenties were exceptional with the pool which was always clean and the whole hotel was clean throughout. The food was exceptional and the price was reasonable. The staff were always ready to help you. I would recomend this hotel to anyone"

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of June 2005

Heaven on earth

"We stayed in this hotel April, but have to tell you have stayed many times, and are going back on November. It's the most wonderful friendly place. We have taken our four children there husbands and wife, and all our 9 grandchildren, it is the most wonderful,ace, would never want to stay anywhere else. ?staff are amazing, can't do enough for you. Adel, guest relations manager is the most amazing guy. Just a truly wonderful place. Can't wait to go back."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of September 2014

We stayed here as a stopover on our way...

"We stayed here as a stopover on our way to New Zealand.

We upgraded to executive sea view room which was well worth the extra money, this gave us access to the executive lounge for breakfast, afternoon tea, free alcoholic drinks and snacks from 6-8.30 every night and free soft drinks in this lounge throughout the day.

The staff were extremely helpful, polite, and pleasant. The rooms were spacious and spotless and the bathroom facilities were great.

The sky view bar is well worth a visit, the views are fantastic, and the surroundings are plush.
It has a relaxing swimming pool and its own private beach. The food quality at the hotel was exceptional.

Well priced as well which made it a really nice stay."

• Travel date: Wed 16th of January 2008

Hotels near Hilton Dubai Jumeirah

Stayed at Hilton Dubai Jumeirah? Share your insight.

Hilton Dubai Jumeirah is also called