Heaven on earth

Reviewed Tue 2nd of September 2014

"We stayed in this hotel April, but have to tell you have stayed many times, and are going back on November. It's the most wonderful friendly place. We have taken our four children there husbands and wife, and all our 9 grandchildren, it is the most wonderful,ace, would never want to stay anywhere else. ?staff are amazing, can't do enough for you. Adel, guest relations manager is the most amazing guy. Just a truly wonderful place. Can't wait to go back."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of September 2014

We stayed here as a stopover on our way...

Reviewed Wed 16th of January 2008

"We stayed here as a stopover on our way to New Zealand.

We upgraded to executive sea view room which was well worth the extra money, this gave us access to the executive lounge for breakfast, afternoon tea, free alcoholic drinks and snacks from 6-8.30 every night and free soft drinks in this lounge throughout the day.

The staff were extremely helpful, polite, and pleasant. The rooms were spacious and spotless and the bathroom facilities were great.

The sky view bar is well worth a visit, the views are fantastic, and the surroundings are plush.
It has a relaxing swimming pool and its own private beach. The food quality at the hotel was exceptional.

Well priced as well which made it a really nice stay."

• Travel date: Wed 16th of January 2008

Our holiday did not get off to the best...

Reviewed Sat 12th of January 2008

"Our holiday did not get off to the best of starts when we missed our connecting flight from London to Dubai due to a delayed flight from Belfast.

Cue Virgin who pulled out all the stops by putting us up overnight in a 5* hotel with vouchers for dinner, breakfast and lunch before flying us out the next day.

At Dubai we were picked up by taxi and taken to our hotel. I had been told to expect to be driving through a building site but believe me it was the most fabulous building site I have ever seen!!!

As they say, first impressions count, well ours could not have been better. The hotel was in the middle of an area which is being highly developed, but that definitely did not put us off as the welcome was second to none.

The staff were fabulous and could not do enough for us. We arrived on our wedding anniversary and within 15 mins of being escorted to our room a complimentary bottle of wine and a delicious chocolate cake were delivered.

Breakfast was a banquet and every bar and restaurant served fantastic food. The beach is super. Complimentary shuttle bus to and from malls and souks.

Probably the only negative aspect was that the view from our room looked onto the building site however I can honestly say that we were never bothered by noise.

Would I return? You bet!"

• Travel date: Sat 12th of January 2008

Our visit got off to a bad start: we had...

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2007

"Our visit got off to a bad start: we had booked a family room on the Executive Floor -this turned out to be a standard double with a single bed pushed into the corner making it difficult to use the balcony. After quite a stressful time explaining to the very nice staff that this was not acceptable, we were upgraded at no extra cost to a suite.

The suite was amazing, two big balconies, large sitting room, enormous bed which was the most comfortable I have ever slept in. But, be warned, the standard double rooms, even the Executive Floor rooms, are quite small & if you have kids and want extra beds in, you really will be pushed for space. It would be worth paying the extra to have a lovely suite.

But, after that shaky start we had a fantastic experience. Fabulous breakfast served till 11am, beautiful pool area with amazing tented areas for when it got too hot, service the best I have ever experienced. All the staff are lovely, Janaka who did our room was the best chamber-person ever (wish I could have taken him home!) and the room was always spotless with seashells laid out on the bed, big bowls of fruit and little treats and snacks left at night.

The beach is beautiful with a beach butler going around. Yes, there is construction going on, Dubai is not an attractive place, but most people realise that before they go. It is so friendly, completely safe to walk around at any time. The Marina area is brilliant, Ski Dubai a must if you have kids, and the Mall of the Emirates is amazing.

I would definitely recommend this hotel: first class service, very clean, lovely food, beautiful outside areas. But bear in mind that you need to be very specific about how the room will be laid out if you request more beds as you could find yourself climbing over a bed to access the balcony.

• Travel date: Thu 15th of November 2007

Wow, I booked this trip for my wife's 30...

Reviewed Thu 20th of September 2007

"Wow, I booked this trip for my wife's 30th and I can say I don’t think we have been treated as well anywhere else.

We arrived early on the Friday, way before we were able to check in, but without even asking we were taking straight to our deluxe sea view room.

We went straight down to have a walk through the fantastic gardens, as soon as we left the air-conditioned lobby the heat hit us, WOW.

We settled down by the pool to be waited on.

Now there is a lot of construction, but in no way did it detract from the holiday.

This hotel was perfect, the staff were perfect, nothing was too much trouble for them, and they even supplied a birthday cake for my wife, a complete surprise.

If you do anything with the time you have there you must try the 4x4 trek through the desert and the camels.

I cannot think of one negative about Dubai. Fantastic!"

• Travel date: Thu 20th of September 2007

This trip was a birthday present from my...

Reviewed Wed 30th of May 2007

"This trip was a birthday present from my mum, and WOW what a pressie! We spent 6 days at the Hilton and were both feeling really sad to leave.

The hotel and its staff were excellent we were made to feel like royalty, living the life of luxury and nothing was too much trouble.

We booked a night at the horse racing through the hotel, which made this very easy, especially as this was the first meet of the season and were told by others that we had no chance of getting tickets. We just told them that we wanted a meal there as well and everything was booked there and then, and within hours our passes and tickets were in our room.

The doorman asked where we wanted a taxi to and when we told him the race course he requested the hotel limo to take us, so we arrived in style.

The building work was surrounding us and didn’t make for a lovely backdrop but we had a room facing the sea and you would never have known that any building was going on until you stepped outside the front of the hotel.

The only down side to Dubai were the traffic jams. One journey into the centre took almost two hours which should have been around twenty minutes. I think this was partly due to us as we had a wonderfully lazy day on the beautiful beach and left the hotel at rush hour. The roads were very congested as they are still improving them and most have roadworks.

As for safety, my mother and I have travelled quite a bit and I can honestly say that I felt very safe in Dubai and never once felt uncomfortable.

Can't wait to go back!"

• Travel date: Wed 30th of May 2007

Just a great hotel so relaxing. Still lo...

Reviewed Sat 4th of November 2006

"Just a great hotel so relaxing. Still lots of building work but to be honest Dubai is amass with cranes. Building work doesn’t spoil holiday to be honest don’t notice it is there (hard to believe when you drive thru it).Staff provide an excellent service always on hand to help with anything, always professional and polite. Treated as family.

Second visit to this hotel and would go back at the drop of a hat. If you book Exec room provide free return transfers to/from airport. As we were on an early morning return flight we were provided with room service for breakfast at no extra cost. The Hilton breakfast is to die for, what a feast.

Excellent choice if you have booked to stay here.

• Travel date: Sat 4th of November 2006

I stayed at this hotel with my partner i...

Reviewed Mon 20th of February 2006

"I stayed at this hotel with my partner it lived up to all my expectations it was luxurious and very clean the staff were more than friendly the food was excellent the rooms were spacious.

Ok there was a lot of building work going on but as Dubai is a very up and coming place you will have to expect this virtually any where you would stayed. It isn't a problem when you are at the Hotel or in your room as it's so hot you keep the windows and doors closed thus no noise and in the day you would either be at an inside venue i.e. A shopping centre of which there are many.

Or relaxing on the lovely beaches in which case you would be listening to the sound of the sea! Every one is told or should be told about building work which is near the hotel so you have a choice to go or not."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of February 2006

Fantastic

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"We started our 6 week overseas trip with a 3 day break at the Hilton Jumeirah and were worried that we had peaked too soon. This hotel is fantastic, great food, pool, beach and the staff are amazing. Yes there is construction everywhere but not only at Jumeriah but all over Dubai. It was a full on round the clock construction zone outside our window and I did not hear a thing from our room and when you are at the pool or beach you are facing towards the water so it has no impact whatsoever. Breakfast is amazing, they have everything you could ever think of and try the Mexican restaurant it is lovely. Highly recommended."

• Travel date: Wed 12th of October 2005

Great Hotel, Great Place!

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"I have just returned with friends from a weeks stay at the Hilton Jumeirah and I have to say that the hotel and Dubai itself surpassed all my expectations. I read a lot of the reviews before I went so it was only fair to post one myself to help others who are travelling to dubai.

The hotel itself is excellent and will merit its 5 star status. The standard of service is excellent and the views are pretty good but would recommend a seaview room. There is visible construction at the front of the hotel and my guess is that it will be at least 6 months before the Jumeirah Beach Residence project is completed. The construction does not affect your holiday at all and you can hardly hear anything. You will probaly be able to see the construction from most of the seaview rooms because of the way the hotel is shaped but it really is not worth worrying about.

The breakfast is great and you can eat loads. The hotel also has some very nice restaurants. We had dinner at BICE and it is nice but a bit on the expensive side compared to other restaurants in Dubai. It is quite classy though so you would expect to pay more.

The pool and beach front have a really nice atmosphere. The hotel pool is cool but in Dubai weather you need a dip to just cool off. The weather is in the day was around 40 degrees but it is not so excessive that it becomes unbearable. When your wandering around Dubai you are just steppiing out of an air-conditioned taxi into air conditioned malls etc so you hardly spend any time in excessive heat. I personally found the temperatures perfect and a nice tan is guaranteed.

There are better 5 star hotels on Jumeirah Beach (Mina Salam, Al Qasr, Royal Mirage etc) but these will be far more expensive. Some of these hotels are exremely picturesque and worth a visit.

Getting about in Dubai is really easy and fairly cheap. The hotels run shuttle buses to the shopping malls and the souks. Alternatively you can just jump into a taxi and they are relatively cheap. The Hilton is quite far away from many of the souks and attractions so you will need taxis. A trip to the Burj Al Arab in a taxi for instance is around 20 Dirhams (£3). The Gold Souks would probably cost around 50 DHS (£8) in a taxi. Dubai is a lot bigger than I thought so its worth getting a map and plan your days so you can work in zones to avoid taxi fares back and forth. A practical tip is to avoid long trips in the rush hours as the traffic can be really bad. The longest amount of time we ever spent in taxi to get anywhere was about an hour.

As for shopping you are just spoilt for choice. In addition to the Gold Souks, there are a number of very smart shopping centres ( Ibn Buttana, Mercato, Burjaman, Deira etc). I think the Emirates Mall is also very close to opening and it is supposed to be one of the biggest in the world. Most of the big hotels also have shops and restaurants.

There are loads of things you can do in Dubal if you don't fancy shopping all the time. We went to the Burj for afternoon tea and it is worth a visit. Wild Wadi is a fun day out. Madinat Jumeirah is worth a visit to see some of the great hotel grounds and bazaars etc.. Nighlife is scattered across Dubai and most of the clubs are in hotel grounds ( Fairmont, Emirates Towers, Madinat Jumeriah and others). If you don't like clubs, these places are still worth a visit as there are good shops and restarurants in the complexes and some of the bars will give you great views of Dubai. The Dubai skyline is just amazing particularly at night even with many buildings yet to be completed.

Dubai is just fantastic and i would have loved to have stayed longer and I will definately be returning soon. Hope you find the review helpful."

• Travel date: Thu 29th of September 2005

absolutely fabulous

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"A party of thirteen of us just returned from staying at the Hilton for 7 nights on August 28th. Well what more can we say I think all the previous reviewers have mentioned every little detail.

Before we went out to Dubai we were very apprehensive as to whether we had made the right choice of hotels admist all the construction work. We must admit this web page was an enormous help. Anyway we booked it and thought we won't know the real truth until we get outhere. We were unsure after seeing the holiday programme which I now think was very biased.

When we were approaching near our hotel we all did think "Oh my god we are right in the middle of a huge building site", but that was all immediately forgotten as soon as were welcomed by the staff and, when we saw this huge but absolutley amazing lobby. We were given juice whilst we were checking in and the children received colouring pencils and books. When we were allocated to our rooms we were not happy as the room had only one huge bed. As we were sharing with children we wanted rooms with 2 double beds. We were given folding beds for the night and the manager promised us to move us to different rooms the next day, which they did not hesitate to do with even better sea views.

Everything about the hotel was 100% perfect. The kids loved it and did not want to leave. The food was brilliant and we can't praise the staff enough. As for the noise you could not hear one thing. The only noise you could hear throught the night was the air conditioning. Our stay was absolutely fabulous and would love to go back next year and see the building work completed."

• Travel date: Thu 8th of September 2005

Absolutely fantastic! Amazing hotel

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"This August, my Mother and I took a 2 week holiday to Dubai, a vastly up-and-coming city, definitely a jewel of the Middle East. We chose the Hilton Dubai Jumeirah from the brochure and after reading up on it from this site, felt compelled to tell everybody how absolutely wonderful this hotel, and indeed place, is. We left Heathrow on August 18th, arriving around 8am on the morning of Friday 19th. The transfer to the hotel from the airport was perfectly smooth. Driving in to the area though, down the Jumeirah Beach Road, at first looked like we were entering Beirut! The construction of the Jumeirah Beach Residence, and the Dubai Marina (just behind) is on an absolutely huge scale. You just cannot believe the amount of buildings, and also cranes that there are, and my mother and I looked at eachother with a lot of apprehension, mainly both thinking 'Oh what the hell are we in for!' After passing by the Ritz-Carlton and Oasis Beach, we pulled in to the Hilton and we were greeted by the huge grins and friendliness of the doormen who took our luggage for us. We knew before we left that hotel rooms were not ready for check in usually, until 2pm. The friendly concierge did her very best to arrange something earlier. In the meantime, we took a short walk to see where the beach was, and free tea, coffee and water were provided as a type of 'waiting area' in the StudioOne sports bar. Around 10am, we were told that a room was available, and would we like to have a look at it before accepting it. It looked fine and we went back down to the reception to be issued with room cards and shortly after we arrived in our room, the concierge brought up our luggage and passports.
The deluxe seaview room did live up to expecdtations. Very spacious and comfortable, with a nice bathroom and fair size balcony. From our balcony, to the right we had a charming view of the building works, but we were both taken back in surprise by just how QUIET it was, in comparison to the scale of the project! Not the most spectacular view, but you only had to look in front of you and to the left we could sea the beautiful white beach, crystal blue Arabian Gulf, the swimming pool and further out, we could sea the Palm Island Project coming to shape! Directly in front of us, albeit in the distance, we could see the Burj Al Arab, the only 7* hotel in the world! We were very impressed. Once the balcony door was closed, you could not hear a thing - and I mean a thing! The cool air conditioning kept the room at a nice temperature, and stepping back in to it at the end of a long hard days sunbathing in temperatures which peaked 46C/115F, was majestic!

The rooms were well cleaned everyday, with fresh towels and bathroom amenities. The bed linen was changed every three days, but could be changed every day if you wished so. There was a minibar, with alcohol and soft drinks at reasonable prices which was restocked every day, and you were also given 2 complimentary bottles of mineral water a day. There were also two spacious wardrobes and a good iron and hairdryer (hidden in a drawer!)

The beach of the hotel is stunning. Temperatures averaged around 43C/110F, and the sea water around 35C/95F! Never have I been in water (sea water) so warm, in fact you didn't get in to cool down, you got in to get wet and nothing more! The colours of the Arabian Gulf - a haze of technicolour blues and sandy bottom make the water ideal. The building work didn't bother us one tiny bit at all during our stay, we could barely hear a thing on the beach, I suppose it'd be comparable to a small airconditioning unit a few metres away! And that is more drowned out by the sounds of the waves crashing on the white sand. There are very comfy seats which you can use which are at the edge of the water and are a perfect place to have the water lapping at your toes whilst catching some rays! There is a beach butler service, who drive around on a little cart to deliver any drinks you may order. When getting your pool towels, you are given a red flag which you hang up if you want to order anything from the butler. There is also a bar which you can walk up to yourself and purchase a range of soft drinks or beer. They also bring round huge trays of fresh juicy watermelon, ice cold flannels (heavenly!) and cups of ice (even more heavenly!) for nothing which are fantastic. Even in such hot weather, the staff could not be more friendly and considerate, and they are very genuine in doing anything they can to help.

There is a fairly large pool, with swim up pool bar, and also lots of subeds throughout the gardens, but we found the pool too busy and with a lot of children, and the beach was so beautiful, we infact only used the pool for half an hour on the first and last morning!

There are a range of restaurants in the hotel. We had bed and breakfast basis and the breakfast buffet in the Oceana Restaurant in the lobby had the most fantastic range of food anyone could wish for! There are every kind of fresh fruit, cheeses and cold meats, tons of different breads, croissants and pastrys, fresh cooked (full English) foods, as well as a cooking station where they could cook french toast, waffles, pancakes, any types of egg as you ordered them! They had a machine squeezing fresh oranges for juice which I wanted to bring home! It was my 15th birthday whiilst we were there, and on the morning of my birthday, at my Mums request for some balloons at my table, all of the staff came out singing 'Happy Birthday', with a birthday cake and candles, and some balloons! I was a bit embarrassed at first but it made it a very special morning and everyone in the restaurant said Happy Birthday to me!
Oceana have 'theme' nights, with a buffet menu of different styles, including Mexican, Italian, Seafood, Steak&Jazz, and Arabic. We dined in here on the Italian night where the pasta is cooked in front of you to your taste and there are gorgeous fresh salads and meats. We also dined here on the Steak and Jazz night, where they had beautiful fresh cuts of beef (my Mum said the filet mignon was one of the best she'd tasted!) and the most fantastic desserts, including a chocolate fountain and marshmallows, apple pie, and my favourite of all, from the Italian night, Orange Panna Cotta, which was actually to die for!!
We dined in the upmarket, trendy and sophisticated Italian restaurant BiCE. The pasta is the best I have ever tasted, with a perfect Arabbiatta sauce! We also had food in WaveBreaker (off the beach) which was nice, and you could order anything you wanted, all day every day from Room Service, but, saving the best til last, the Latin American speciality, Pachanga! This restaurant was fabulous!! We dined in here three times, and each time enjoyed it tremendously! You can choose from Brazilian, Argentinian, or Mexican fare, and the ambience is lovely, with salsa dancers on Wednesdays, but a live Latin American band performing music of that region on other nights. Whilst waiting for your food, you are served a complimentary basket of olive bread, still warm, which you could eat instead of dinner, and then hand coooked Nachos with a fresh guacamole dip, which is tailor made for you at your table, enabling you to see and choose exactly what goes in it! I highly reccoment the Chicken Fajitas, and just wait until you see how the desserts are presented - their appearance on the plate deserves a Michelin star alone in my opinion!

In addition, the hotel run a shuttle to three main shopping places - First stop BurJuman mall, which is full of designer shops such as Dior, Chanel, Versace, Louis Vuitton and Saks 5th Avenue dept. store. Second stop: Gold Souks, which are about a ten minute walk from where the bus drops you (although we did get lost and have to ask someone the direction to the Souk itself!) - good for jewellry, only white and yellow gold though, no silver. The shop owners keep cutting the prices, so if you really want something then go from shopto shop and get the best price you can! Last stop, Deira City Centre: a Carrefours hypermarket, BHS, Woolworths, and a Debenhams, Topshop and River Island, as well as lots of other stores and restaurants. It's a bit of a home from home, but still pretty good in a huge mall!

The staff in the hotel are incredibly friendly. Incredibly. They are polite and nothing is too much trouble for anybody. I have to particularly mention Nasir, who works in the Lobby in charge of transport. He greeted us on our very first morning, telling us about the hotel and offered help should we ever need it. Every time we saw him, we had a charming conversation, and after I mentioned my birthday, he found me the day after down on the beach and gave me a small birthday book, which I thought was the sweetest thing for him to do! Totally beyond what the job requires I'm sure, but he was incredibly friendly and made our stay that bit more enjoyable. Next, was Savio, who worked in the Lobby and also for Room Service - such a charming young man, evr friendly and couldn't have done more to help. Also Ly, who worked in WaveBreaker - to name but a few. The Hilton should be incredibly proud of these staff who make the hotel all the more worthy of its 5* status.

All in all, we had a fantastic stay at the Hilton. We'd love to visit there again in a few years and see the building work completed. There was nothing to do in the evening apart from dinner, no live entertainment in the hotel (only one poor point), and nowhere to walk to outside. In a few years the JBR and many other projects will be finished and I think Dubai will be even more a fantastic place to visit. I would definitely reccomend the Hilton Jumeirah - a top class hotel and I cannot praise them highly enough for the top quality service, beach and overall genuine friendliness they provided us with during our stay."

• Travel date: Mon 5th of September 2005