Grand Hyatt Dubai

Sheikh Rashid Rd, Dubai United Arab Emirates

100 Percent FANTASTIC!

"We just completed a 7 night stay at the Grand Hyatt Dubai. In short: completely excellent. I would not hesitate to return nor would I hesitate to recommend this property without reservation.

If anything stood out about this property, it was the service. This is the kind of place where small kindnesses abound. For example my morning routine would call for a swim in the spa pool followed by a Jacuzzi, steam, sauna and shower. I always did this right at 6am when they opened (jet lag; 5 month old baby…) and was for 7 times the ONLY person in the pool or spa at this time (other than people in the workout room). The attendants were “setting up” and busy, but nevertheless would go out of their way to be helpful. For example, every day the gentleman in the spa would come into the steam room behind me and place a sachet of aromatic herbs into the steamer.

Kindnesses were not limited to the spa. A few times cleaning people in the huge atrium would drop what they were doing to help my wife and I get the stroller up or down a small set of stairs. People smiled. They routinely said hello. In the Grand Club nothing we needed was too much trouble. By the pool they circulate with cold towels, slices of cucumber for the eyes, and offer help with towels and setting up your lounge chairs. Likely a combination of culture and local economics, the service in Dubai is clearly in a different league than say Hawaii. It was highly impressive how kind everyone was.

We managed to eat in every restaurant over the course of the week. The two “fancy” restaurants are Manhattan Grill, a steakhouse, and the Lebanese restaurant Awtar. Both meals were very good, though I would not call either outstanding. At Manhattan Grill I had a Nebraska corn fed filet on the bone; Maggie had lamb, in each case preceded by a Caesar. We ordered a variety of small sides. Everything was correctly prepared, and tasty, but did not blow us away. The service was good, and although our server did not know much about the wines by the glass, he sent over the sommelier who was quite knowledgeable. At Awtar, we had a variety of small dishes as is typical with a Lebanese meal, and a huge plate of a variety of grilled meats including several types of interestingly marinated lamb. They brought a huge tower of uncooked vegetable to much on for free. The fresh pressed juices were delicious.

My favorite restaurants were the ones lower in formality. The Italian restaurant Andiamo offered perhaps the best cuisine of our stay. A taglioline with fresh scallops and a light cream sauce was to die for. King prawns were grilled to perfection. The salads were crisp and fresh, and the wine pairings offered were spot on. Peppercrab was also outstanding. Though not strictly Singaporean, the curried jumbo prawns were out of this world, as was some of the other seafood. Again here, nice job recommending wines. That leaves Wox, an inexpensive Asian fusion place where we enjoyed our very affordable meal and Sushi, a…well…you get it. The fish was fresh & good.

This is a beautiful hotel; as other have mentioned, an “urban resort”. You can pretty much forget you are in the middle of a city when you are down here. It is a ton of acres; although there are roads around you do not hear traffic from the rooms or grounds; and you do not see traffic from the grounds although from upper rooms you can look out and realize you are in the city. Nor is this hotel in really the “downtown” part of the city; even though it is an urban resort the density around the hotel is pretty low.

The grounds are immaculately manicured. There is a nice jogging trail around the perimeter of the grounds and you will find ample lawns, gardens, tennis courts and of course a huge pool area with hundreds of chaises and multiple cabanas (no extra charge). Full resort style pool service, with alcohol available from noon and food all day. The pools don’t have a ton of fantasy water features (think the Maui waterfall, etc.), however, there is a nice “island” in the middle of the main pool with a couple chaises and some palm tress. There is a giant kids pool with a climb aboard play structure and two waterslides for the kiddies; there is also a cabana-covered infant pool which looks like its own mini-beach. In short, there is enough pool area, by size, to keep things very interesting for everyone.

A particular highlight, as mentioned above, is the spa. Very tranquil, and very clean. Maggie had two treatments – a 90 minute massage and a facial, the total for both with tip about US$180. So quite a reasonable deal compared to Western resorts. She said the service was great. There is a large gym and a couple of squash court. Just for hanging out, I really enjoyed the spa as the lap pool (which features underwater speakers with light jazz), sauna and steam rooms and showers are all very nice, very relaxing. A nice quiet place to go in the morning or evening or any time in between to relax.

In summary, really nice stay at a really nice place. A place to easily relax for a week or even longer and explore surrounding Dubai. You can be somewhat in the middle of things in terms of day trips and sights, and also close to the airport, while simultaneously loosing yourself in a huge mega-resort with plenty of resort amenities. The great food, abundant facilities and endless kindness of the staff were the icing on the cake – a great stay."

• Travel date: Sat 4th of November 2006

Perfect in every way

"Just got back from four days at the Grand Hyatt in Dubai - we chose this hotel based on excellent reviews on Trip Adviser. We were definately not disappointed - it was wonderful! The hotel is VERY impressive as you walk in, with a very large and grand marble clad lobby area. There are about 12 restaurants - we ate in four and all were very good (I definately recommend the WOK chinese - excellent value and food, the italian was great but loads more expensive). We upgraded to a Creek View room on arrival (worked out a lot cheaper than booking this room in the first place) - it was well worth it - a huge room with a fabulous view with floor to ceiling windows! The pool area is brilliant and the food served at the pool bar is really good. The staff are exceptional - very polite and helpful, always friendly.

I wholeheartedly recommend this hotel - if you are very fussy about where you stay and are sick of being disappointed then this hotel is for you. First class in EVERY respect."

• Travel date: Tue 31st of October 2006

Simply the best!

Good

"Just can't fault this hotel.

Spent 4 nights there.

Rooms are excellent, bathroom we wished we had at home, bed gave a luxury, faultless all night sleep.

Staff always greet with a smile and an "hello". Very very helpful and attentive. Service faultless, professional and polite

Night time in the Grand Spa is so relaxing, candle lit pool, soft underwater music, and the warmest jacuzzi we have ever been in.

Maybe the Manhatten Grille is a bit expensive but the food and service was excellent.

Had the hotel limo for pickup and drop off at the airport. Was there waiting on our arrival at airport and again at hotel when we left. Not expensive and just adds that magic touch.

Love to go back again."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of October 2006

Fantastic Return Stay

Good

"This was our second stay at the Grand Hyatt (regular visitor to Dubai) and like the first time we were not disappointed. The standard of the Hotel was absolutely 1st class and all areas looked like they were to 1st week opening standard. As a reader of Trip Advisor, i did read some concerning comments about this Hotel in recent Months. I can say that whilst i have no reason to disbelieve anyone who wrote them, we certainly encountered nothing but the best standard of service. Last two trips to Dubai prior to this were both Jumeirah Beach Hotel stays and in my estimation the Grand Hyatt compares well. Would have no hesitation in either returning or recommending to friends. As an aside a Family member also staying in this Hotel on his 1st visit to Dubai and has equally positive comments as myself. His return to Dubai would almost certainly include a stay the the Grand Hyatt again."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of October 2006

fabulous, fabulous, fabulous

"I am an owner of a travel agency in the UK and have stopped in many hotels around the world, and this by far is the best. The Grand hyatt deserves its deluxe catagory. All the staff could not do enough for you, all areas of the hotel and room were spotless and the choice of pools, spas, restaurants and bars were amazing. If you are wanting to stay in the city rather than the beach then I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough!!"

• Travel date: Fri 6th of October 2006

Sheer Luxury

"The Grand Hyatt, although not in the centre of Dubai, offers accoommodation that is welcome in this fantastic city. The complete hotel experience that is offered here made our final stop over well worth the experience.

The Hyatt has everything you could ask for to relax and enjoy the wonders of Dubai. Travel to the city was inexpensive either by coutesy bus or taxi.

The rooms were large and well appointed. The facilities were great and the staff were alwalys friendly and helpful.

The 4WD trip into the desert is well worth it.

Looking forward to returning to Dubai and would definitely stay here again."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of October 2006

Grand Hyatt......simply Grand!

"Just back from 4 days at Grand Hyatt.
Booked online on Hyatt site and excellent offer for goldpassport members, stay 3 nights pay 2.
Arrived at 7.30 am, after 5 minutes taxi ride from the airport, check in was very courteous and professional, had a reservation for a grand king but no rooms were available yet then the hotel was full and check in time was at 2 pm so my early check in request couldn't be granted so after apologizing I was escorted to the lobby lounge to wait for a room to be available and complimentary drinks were offered, there were also complimentary news papers and nuts on a table.
The hotel lobby is terrific, all marble and with an indoor jungle.
After 1 hour waiting, I went back to the reception to ask if there was less waiting for an upper category of room and there was a creek side room available for an extra 20€ just the time to get it clean up, so I opted for a creek side room for one night and then to move to a grand king.
So up to my room and then followed by the bell boy with my luggage.
Room was on the 8th floor on the creek side.
Large floor to ceiling windows, large layout, with almost walk-in closet and a big safebox. Huge marble with mosaic tiles bathroom, two basins, separated by a glass there were the wc, big shower cubicle and tube, plenty of towels, loaf sponge, scale. Only downside, as expected from this category of hotel, there were no designer toiletries.
Very comfortable king bed and soft bed linen.
Complimentary fruit bowl, mineral water and coffee and tea making facilities.
Big desk and day lounger.
In the evening I received a call from the hotel manager welcoming to the hyatt asking if the room was ok and apologizing for making me wait so long for the room and if there was something he could do.
Nice touch!
The next day I received a call from one receptionist that told me she had a grand king at the 9th floor if that was ok and when I was ready to move and also if I needed someone to help me pack my luggage, I declined the luggage packing help so she sent me up a time later a bell boy that took my luggage and escorted me to a grand king at the 9th floor.
Room was a little smaller then the creek room, but really it was still large and comfortable. The other difference with the creek one was that the windows were less large and the view was on the hotel entrance side. It was not a bad view at all.
House keeping made a fantastic job, turndown service and they were not intrusive with the lights. There are some buttons in the room through which you can light small bulbs outside indicating if you want your room to be cleaned or if you don’t want to be bothered.
The hotel staff are very courteous and happy to help anytime for any reason, service trough out the hotel and restaurants is excellent.
As a member of hyatt gold passport I used the room service for a complimentary morning fresh brewed coffee, brought in perfect time every morning.
There is an elevator from every floor that brings you down to the spa; first rate facilities, steam bath, sauna, whirlpool and indoor 15mt pool with underwater music.
At the spa you get complimentary mineral water and in the showers there were molton brown toiletries (as expected also in the room).
The pool outside is terrific surrounded by lush gardens. Plenty of comfortable loungers, and they deliver cold towels every two hours to help you cool down.
It was really an open air sauna to stay out in Dubai!
High speed internet in room is charged 121aed for 24h use.
Breakfast at the Market café had a huge selection and service was again faultless.
Went also for dinner at the Market café were there is a buffet style restaurant were you can find six open kitchens serving different styles of food from pizza to Lebanese.
Yummy chocolate fountain at the dessert section were you can sink fresh pieces of fruit and cookies inside.
Special for Fridays nights “eat all you can” buffet for 100aed, really a good value, anyway for a main course, side order and dessert and a soft drink it was around 100aed -130aed.
Panini restaurant open 24h and serving very good cakes and panini.
There are other restaurants in the hotel but i did not went there.
Taxis were really cheap, the fare to souk Madinat Jumeirah was around 38aed and same price for mall of emirates that is really close to souk Madinat, just on the opposite, but I went there another day starting from hotel.
Fares to Deira city center shopping mall was around 14aed.
The Grand Hyatt is a resort in the city, absolutely 5 star service."

• Travel date: Mon 21st of August 2006

Grand Hyatt Dubai - A Terrific Large Hotel

"We drove to Dubai, arriving well after midnight with no reservations. Our arrival at the Grand Hyatt was still far pleasanter than many places where I've made much more preparation, and we were ensconced in a Club King in less than fifteen minutes, on a summer rate that was even better than that available online.

The Hotel has apparently solved the service issues earlier travelers have discussed, as we found it thoroughly professional. I wonder sometimes whether some travelers don't expect "folksier" service than some hotels provide; personally, I'm relieved when staff are courteous, professional, but not at all chatty. For same-sex partners traveling together, it's worth noting that there were no issues at all regarding requesting a King room, nor anything but perfect service from all concerned.

Our Club King room (with a Creek view) was a comfortable size, with attractive furniture, a great mattress, and a well-fitted almost-walk-in closet. The bathroom was huge and pleasantly silly -- mosaic tiles, glass shower, etc. My only real, and very slight, sense of short-fall comes from the generic and rather scant bathroom amenities -- perfectly fine, but not as much fun as an extravagant name-brand goodie basket (I kept think that if the comparatively downmarket Diplomat in Bahrain had Penhaligon's, why not here? Or, for that matter, local speciality items as do the Grand Hyatts in Egypt).

The Club floor is worth the extra expense -- the handsome lounge (kind of a fifties feel, with turquoise chairs and mirrored walls) features an excllent light breakfast (salmon, fruit, lovely pastries) until 11:00 a.m., and the cocktail hours are conveniently timed (6-9 p.m.) and lavishly laid out (we lucked into sushi one night, but enjoyed good smoked trout and similiar delicacies on others). Given the expense of eating -- and especially drinking -- in Dubai, it becomes an especially attractive feature (we figured that the champagne and sushi that one evening could have run us $200 at some places in town...).

I'm surprised how few reviews have focused on the Hotel's first-rate spa facilties -- including an apparently little-used but fantastic indoor pool (1.5 meters deep throughout and perfect for drifting about in). We very much regretted not having spent more time steaming, swimming, and relaxing in the spa. The outdoor pool is terrific as well -- enormous, cool water, and, again, attentive service.

Having a car, we chose to explore Dubai's endless number of restaurants, but those at the Hyatt certainly looked tempting (and if the Club food comes from the same kitchens, must be fairly reliable). In all, with its spectacular gardens (both indoor and out), fun/glitzy public spaces, and solidly comfortable rooms, I can't imagine having made a better choice for a Dubai getaway than the Grand Hyatt."

• Travel date: Sat 8th of July 2006

Truly a great Hotel

"The GH is truly a great hotel. I have stayed there 5 times now, and had a faultless stay on each of them, with one small reservation about the last and most recent stay in April 2006. I have usually stayed in a deluxe room for well less than £100 a night. The rooms are large and well laid out. Standards of furniture and fitting is excellent, and the rooms are cleaned to a real 5 star standard. Tea and coffee facilities are provided in the room, and if you use anything such as a glass or cup, they are always washed and replaced within the hour without asking. The staff check the rooms so frequently. "Do not disturb", "please clean room now" and "houskeeping required lights" are provided and visible outside the room to staff. You are never disturbed if the light is on. Either of the others brings a staff member within a couple of minutes as the lights are connected to a computer on each floor.
Check-in has always been faultless, courtesy of staff and that general feeling of "service" is also faultless and is almost a little overpowering at times. I cannot fail to mention the guys who man the area outside the main entrance - they too provide taxis and valet parking almost magically. Internal facilities such as bars and coffee shops are all reasonably priced, and food and service is just plain fantastic. The coffee shop at the GH has the best cheese cake I have ever had anywhere in the world! The spa, gym and related facilities on the lower ground floor are some of the most extensive, spacious and best i have ever seen. Well staffed with intructors, and having direct exit to the pool area outside, they are well kept and equipped. There is a direct to spa lift from each floor of the hotel, so you can stay discrete and private in your shorts! The pool and garden areas are absolutely huge, and kept immaculate with an army of gardners and staff. They really have to be seen to be believed. On my last visit in April 2006, the only drawback was that the hotel had been "invaded" by a large number of package deal holiday makers. It was Easter, and I guess that was the reason. Nothing wrong with that, but the pool area was for the first time I have ever seen a little crowded. Maybe I am possessive, because I am used to having a good chunk of it to myself.
The GH is one of a number of simply fantastic hotels in Dubai, I have visited a lot of them, but it has to be rated as well near the top with rest of the best."

• Travel date: Thu 6th of July 2006

Great hotel in Dubai!

"I enjoyed two great nights at the Grand Hyatt in May, 2006. This was my second stay, and I was somewhat concerned about the negative service reviews on this site (strangely, almost exclusively from the UK?). I found the service to be very good across the board at this hotel, just like my original stay in 2004. An upgrade to the club level is highly recommended, as this provides transfers (via a new BMW 750iL in my case) to the airport, and access to the excellent club lounge on the 14th floor. The hotel includes a great selection of restaurants, and I particularly enjoyed the casual "Wok" noodle bar. The Italian restaurant, "Andiamo", is also quite good. The health club/spa is also excellent, with outstanding sauna/hot tub/steam room/plunge pool in a very upscale environment with great service. The hotel is convenient to the airport, and most other locations in Dubai subject to the horrible traffic problems. If you are looking for a boutique hotel where everyone learns your name, this is not it. If you want very high quality accomodations with great restaurants and other amenities, try this hotel. Also, note that this hotel is not located on the beach, and is not very convenient to the beach, so stay elsewhere if that is important to you."

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of May 2006

Must Visit Grand Hyatt Dubai

"Grand Hyatt is the one of the best hotel in the Bur Dubai district, Grand Hyatt Dubai hotel towers majestically over the edge of Dubai historic creek. This hotel set within the 37 acres of landscaped gardens, Grand Hyatt Dubai hotel is an outstanding combination of resort facilities, suites, residential apartments and one of the most advanced business hotel in the United Arab Emirates. "

• Travel date: Tue 5th of June 2012

This hotel has got a really impressive l...

"This hotel has got a really impressive lobby - its enormous and has a amazing chandelier.

The views from the rooms are awesome and we had a club room which is really high up so it was even better! It was my friend’s birthday while we were there and the hotel left an amazing chocolate cake and a card in our room.

The staff are lovely and really attentive. The room was huge and very comfortable. There's a really cool jazz bar in the hotel that serves great cocktails.

I would recommend this hotel for a city stop-over or for business travellers."

• Travel date: Fri 27th of July 2007

Hotels near Grand Hyatt Dubai

Stayed at Grand Hyatt Dubai? Share your insight.

Grand Hyatt Dubai is also called