Good

Fantastic

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"I had a fantastic experience at the hotel. The rooms and bathroom were in excellent condition and the reception were always ready to help. When we arrived, one of our rooms wasn't ready and so we got upgraded to a better room. Definetely advise you to stay at the hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 21st of April 2008

Great service, but bathroom was a disaster

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"Stayed one night at Sheraton Deira as a "splurge" when we couldn't the cheaper Novotel World Trade Center for our whole Dubai vacation stay. Staff was very friendly and helpful, especially at the front desk. Our room was upgraded upon arrival, and was generally well appointed and comfortable. However, the bathroom was a disaster zone - I've never seen so much mold and mildew in my life. I'm afraid I'm not exaggerating - I travel regularly on business (i.e. several times a month for years now), and this was the worse example I can recall seeing. Location is certainly close to the airport (with all that entails) and some attractions - a very bustling part of town, if that is what you want.. But Novotel was a much better price and a much nicer hotel (if in a more sedate area of office towers). But cabs are cheap and plentiful, so location not really an issue for us. Would stay again at the Novotel, not the Sheraton Deira."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of April 2008

loved this hotel

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"Excellent service from checking in to departure. Really nice and helpful staff. Room was immaculate. Cleaned regularly. Would definitely recommend to everytone. Nice lounge area to chill out in. Nice restaurants."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of December 2007

Basic but good location

Reviewed Mon 8th of October 2012

"I arrived at the reception and presented my pre-paid voucher and also my SPG member card. I asked if there was a spearate floor for members and his reply was yes but the room I have given you is a nice one but not on the members floor. The receptionist then checked me in and I proceeded to my room. When I arrived at the room I called reception and asked to see one of the other rooms (On the members floor). Although it was slightly smaller it was a cleaner room and especially the bathroom. They helped me move my luggage to the new room and all was well (Why they couldn't have given this room in the first place is beyond me). The room generally was fine, the bed was comfortable. As I was on a business trip the main thing was the location of the hotel.

I had breakfast for the 3 days which was pretty good. I didn't have any evening meals there so I can't judge to be fair. Overall the staff where friendly so I have no complaints. I went to the business centre on 2 occasions to use the internet. I have to say it was like using a dial up system, it was incredibly slow. I also used the gym on 1 occasion and generally it was fine.

Overall all an average experience with no major issues."

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of October 2007

Great if you are a plane spotter

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"This is a lovely hotel, a bit out of the way but still close enough to get to a supermarket. The only problem I found with this hotel was that it is on the flight path. The noise is there constantly. The staff are friendly and the rooms are alright, clean and enough space. Concierge is very helpful, got some good advice. Food in the Terrace restaurant is very good, especially the breakfast, where you can get all the things you eat at home and more."

• Travel date: Tue 4th of September 2007

superb hotel

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"First time in dubai and wont be the last. The Sheraton Deira is a fantastic hotel to look after your every need, hot and tired on arrival a fresh glass of orange juice ar even a wine as you check in is a nice touch, friendly staff and good food , room was spotless and beds very comfortable, morning breakfast was a treat to look forward to, make sure you get the omelette (freshly made), well worth it. The pool bar is excellent again with friendly service, happy hour between 6pm and 8pm in the lindbergh bar well worth a visit also. concierge desk has to be mentioned especially as these guys really know how to look after you and direct you anywhere you need to go. Day or night your are greeted with a hello from management and staff and made to feel so welcome . I would recomend this hotel most highly if you are planing a visit as my wife and daughter were as impressed as i was."

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of August 2007

Very Nice

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"At the end of our Honeymoon we stopped over for one night at the Sheraton Deira Hotel.

The Hotel upgraded us to the Honeymoon suite on our arrival and the suite was lovely. The Room was like a small apartment with a sitting room and a large bedroom.

We didn’t see much of the hotel unfortunately as our flight was delayed so we arrived later than we expected.

We asked for breakfast at 5.00am and it arrived and it was a very good continental breakfast selection."

• Travel date: Sun 29th of July 2007

Convenient for airport

Good
Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"We used this hotel for total of 3 nights as a stop-over to and from Australia. It was about a 25 min taxi ride to the airport which reduced stress levels in making fllights. We found all the staff tremendously welcoming and helpful and the rooms spacious, comfortable and clean. Rooftop swimming pool and a great jazz pianist in the evenings. Derek Evans, Banbury, England."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of April 2007

Suitable for Short Stay

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"I was skeptical after reading the mixed reviews on this hotel, but I was pleasantly surprised once I arrived there. The hotel staff is incredibly kind and amazingly helpful... if anything, I would rate the service as "EXCELLENT" above all. Upon arrival I was immediately greeted with fresh fruit juice served in wine glasses, on a silver platter right at the front desk. The standard room was clean but very small and the furniture seemed a bit rundown. I flew in for the weekend and was able to utilize the free shuttle service to Jumeriah Beach, as well as the shuttle to the City Centre. Again, this is an average hotel with excellent service but is ideal for anyone who is planning a short stay and is on a budget. The value for money is fair and I would definitely stay there again in the future."

• Travel date: Fri 13th of April 2007

Not 4 Star, but not bad

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Having stayed in a number of hotels in Dubai, including the sister Sheraton on the Dubai Creek (which is very good indeed), I found the Deira Sheraton to be rather on the small side. My room had two single beds, one of which effectively blocked any access to the wardrobe (unless you are rather thin). Flooring, whilst clean, is 'wood' clad and hardly appealing. The bathroom has no sperate shower (its an over the bath affair) which, to be honest is not the end of the world, but tends to be expected in a 4 star hotel in Dubai. The bath itself was also rather narrow.

I only ate breakfast in the hotel, which was OK. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. All in all a reasonable hotel, but don't expect the glamour you anticipate from Dubai. Location is not perfect, but with the heavy traffic everywhere in Dubai the only thing you are loosing is a good view.

Is it noisy because of aircraft noise? Well, yes it is, but again I did not find myself not being able to sleep, so not a serious problem."

• Travel date: Wed 28th of March 2007