Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai

Very good for Business Travelers

Reviewed Sat 13th of October 2012

"When it comes to location in Dubai, this is the hotel for a business traveler. It is close to the airport (10 min by taxi). It is at the heart of Sheikh Zayed Road. No worry about getting a taxi, the driver finds the adresse easily and most Dubai companies will have their office nearby.

The hotel itself is an above average buiness hotel. Their Internet policy is rather strange as it is for free in the lobby and the first floor whereas they charge you 80.000 AED in your room.

The views are amazing as you either see the Gulf or the ever changing skyline of Sheik Zayed Road. The rooms are comfortable and I had a balcony as well. The bath room is spacious.

The gym and outdoor pool on the top floor are good. Despite the gym is small but well equipped.

Food and breakfast are good, whereas the bar (pub and wine bar) is rather disappointing. But in all my stays in UAE I have not been in a single good hotel bar."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of August 2008

Stay here for the Gym, Pool, Breakfast & Bar

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"My wife & I stayed at the Sheraton Four Points hotel at Shk Zayed Road through June/July 2008. I strongly recommend this hotel for its service & overall experience.

1. The guys who run the Gym (Mohammed, Krishna, Jackson) simply rock!! They're with you during training, they proactively suggest useful exercises, and they do seriously help you achieve tangible short-term objectives. Mohammed is especially good. The Gym could however, do with a good music system. Equipment is brand-new. Stunning view - Burj

2. The manager at the front-desk, Apurva, and staff, work out painless solutions for the few/many issues around additional billable items, that typically crop up during a stay - takes your mind off stupid things during a business / holiday trip

3. The team that arranges/serves breakfast delights you everyday. Superior service repeated without disappointment, consistent menu. No adverse surprises. Equips one quite well for a tough day at work / play. Can offer some more local cuisine though.

4. The Wine/Beer room & Moroccan restaurant have good offers. The ambience is inviting. Ideal for the evening.

5. Splendid view from the terrace / swimming pool. Not many hotels on Shk Zayed Rd have an open air view from the 41st floor.

6. Awesome location

7. Housekeeping staff v honest, diligent & meticulous. Respond quickly & with a smile, for special requests.

8. Allows multi-level parking for guests visiting you at the Hotel, at an adjoining facility.

9. The hotel needs an exclusive Service Lift for housekeeping staff.

10. Wait times at the lifts are a bit unpredictable. Esp if you're at the terrace.

11. Located right next to an outlet to buy the spirits, if you know someone in the UAE who has the required permit.

Have seen Sheraton hotels in Europe & SE Asia, some of which have lots of catching up to do with Sheraton Dubai Shk Zayed Road.

This one has set a benchmark.

Many thanks,
Bharath Rajamani"

• Travel date: Mon 28th of July 2008

Amazing, new hotel

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"We stayed in this hotel for three nights and our stay was great!
1. Rooms - stylish, clean & spacious
2. Food - various choices, tasty
3. Pool on the rooftop - the best place to be. The view over Sheikh al Zayed road is fantastic
4. Staff - this is what I liked most about the hotel: The staff was always friendly, polite, helpful and is the greatest asset of this hotel! I felt extremly comfortable during my stay because the staff was absolutely amazing and made our stay unique.

I would definitely go back to this hotel. It is value for money and the best place to be if you value an excellent service.

Only thing to be improved: The rooftop should be accessible round the clock. it is a pity that it is closed at 10pm. It would be nice to enjoy the great view over the city after coming back from dinner."

• Travel date: Sat 26th of July 2008

Good hotel

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"I have recently returned from an 8 night stay at the hotel. I enjoyed my stay here and most of the staff are extremely efficient and hard working. I had only one problem with my room over the stay, the manager was extremely efficient in rectifying this and gave us a free upgrade for the inconvenience.

As usual the hotel offers to organise certain trips for you, but I would suggest doing this privately as the hotel charges more than double than the ones you can find by looking in the classified section in the free newspaper which is delivered to your room each morning.

The breakfast was really not up to a high standard, I have stayed in 3* Hotels where the breakfast has been far better. The staff at the breakfast are good, though pretty slow in delivering your drinks, especially if you want a tea or a coffee. On a few occasions I had finished my breakfast and forgotten I'd even ordered a drink, ready to leave when it was finally delivered. The woman who brings the bills could also do with a course in customer service.

The hotel is in a great location, there are many big brand restaurants within a few minutes walk, and taxi's are so cheap everything in the city is easily accessible.

The roof top pool and gym are quite small, but the breeze you get at that height is fantastic in the summer heat.

I would recommend this hotel to others and I would consider staying here again myself."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of July 2008

liked it!

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"i stayed one night only (last night!), but it was clear its a nice hotel. my room was nice and the toilet clean though a bit small. BF boufet was nice though not large, and the concierge / porters were excellent. well done!"

• Travel date: Fri 25th of July 2008

Loved the room, the food , and the price!

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"We have just returned from the Four points. The hotel is so lovely . The food was lovely... everything was amazing about that hotel... the price was very very reasonable..."

• Travel date: Sun 13th of July 2008

Nice Business Hotel

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"The rooms are nice and the staff was rather helpful.
The only minus I could think of was the shower in the bathrooms which had very low water pressure."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of July 2008

very clean and spacious rooms

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"Very happy with this hotel. The service was good - the rooms were nice and spacious and very clean.

The only complain I would have is that the lobby was too small, everything else was excellent.

No need to download photos, the rooms are exactly as shown on the four point's website."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of June 2008

Visitors beware: Ridiculous luggage policy

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"My wife and I just returned from our honeymoon in Dubai, staying at the FP Sheikh Zayed Road.

Rooms were good, clean (but without free wireless internet) and staff, in particular coffee shop staff and chefs were amongst the most helpful and efficient going around. The breakfast was very good in offering an excellent range and quality of dishes - a real highlight.

Unfortunately, upon checking out, and with 20 mins before being picked up for our pre-arranged tour of the city, we were first told by the concierge "we don't have any room to store your bags for a few hours"(?), and then by reception "Two weeks ago, the local police has issued a directive forbidding our hotel to keep luggage after a guest has checked out - you must take it with you" (!?).

A quick call to 2 competing hotels in the area during our discussion revealed no such policy in practice elsewhere.

Escalating our complaint to the disinterested duty manager only produced, in a most dismissive tone "Well, you can take the luggage to the airport and check them in". We were shocked - a major inconvenience and policy complication affecting all guests, and the management hadn't even thought of alerting guests to the policy change, nor to formulating useful suggestions to offer to guests aggreived by this policy.

Our tour bus arrived, and we were forced to pay an additional half day room rate, just to store our bags.(!?)

Thanks for souring what was otherwise a pleasant honeymoon experience in Dubai FP Sheikh Zayed Road."

• Travel date: Fri 20th of June 2008

Very nice hotel for business travellers

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"This new hotel situated on the Sheikh Zayed Road just opened 5 weeks ago. The staff is very friendly and efficient. They upgraded me to a very nice business suite. There is a small pool on the top of the hotel, the view there on Bur Dubai skyline is fantastic.

Be aware that there is currently only one restaurant opened. The others will open soon... The pool bar on the roof of the building is not really effective neither. The food is good, and room service efficient. The lobby is very, very small, and there is no space to sit down there.

Nice hotel for business travel in Dubai. I would definitely stay in this hotel again, in order to get the opportunity to test the other restaurants, when they will open."

• Travel date: Sat 7th of June 2008