Good

Good hotel, but make sure you have a room

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"We stayed four nights in Feb 2006. The hotel is good, but do make sure that you have double checked that your room is booked.

We booked via Expedia, and had all the confirmations, but the hotel informed us on arrival that one of the rooms had been cancelled. We had also booked non-smoking rooms, but again there was confusion on this. No apology was offered by the hotel!

We spent a couple of hours hanging around, but eventually managed to get into our room by 4 pm. Expedia subsequently confirmed that it had sent all the correct paperwok to the hotel!

Otherwise, the hotel is clean, and service pretty good. It is centrally located for exploring Dubai. The rooms are on the small side.

Would certainly recommend it as a short stay hootel."

• Travel date: Sat 24th of February 2007

hotel service leaves much to be desired

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"1.Two executive rooms booked between 25/12/06 & 1/01/07.
My daughter (on her honeymoon) given a room (708) which and (for obvious reasons) I only realised after 5 days was double the size of mine (712). Confirmed by staff that mine was not of executive standard.
2.Service sloppy:- bed linen not changed every day, towels occasionally missing; soap not provided on one occasion; minibar not replinished regularly; inability to cope with a rush of guests for breakfast.
3.Charged double fares for tours (refunded when I actually realised and complained).
3.Complained on various occasions at front desk. No result. Tried to get an appointment with Manager. Not available. Eventually a very sympathetic, well dressed fellow came over. He offered his sympathy and asked how he could compensate us for all the mishaps. In a spirit of conciliation I told him not to bother but send my party (4 people) a glass of champagne at midnight on New Years' Eve. I am afraid that even this did not materialise. I am not amused and will publish on my website.
Dr. Joseph Ignatius Vella MD"

• Travel date: Mon 8th of January 2007

Great Stay!

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"I went with my family for the first time to Dubai...I loved my stay but I don't think the other members of my family did. It's always the smell of any hotel that bothers me the most as I don't like such smells haha but you just get used to it. The staff were really friendly especially the travel desk, we didn't know where places were and what we could do and he was very helpful...thanks to him we knew were we were going! or else we would have been lost! Most shops are walking distance so that was good. If your staying ther for a few nights or weeks I recommand this hotel for sure! :)"

• Travel date: Tue 28th of November 2006

few helpfull staffs

Reviewed Thu 18th of October 2012

"i was staying there with my family for 5 nights, the hotel is centrally located so it was very easy to go around the city, though the rooms were not as spacious as i required (i have 2 childrens also) but there were few staff,who were really very helpful, this was the first time in dubai & a guy from the travel desk named Deboo, was very helpful, his job was only to sell tours, but he guided me in all the ways he could, he went out of his way to get my room early & even arranged to get a room which is on the roadside, he was the only one who made my trip easier, unfortunately i was already booked for the tours, so i wasnt able to try his, but i m sure, next time i gonna book everything through him. next person was caroline, she is in the reception & she was the only person behind the reception who was carrying a smily & didnt had any attitude. the overall experience was good. i would surely recomend this hotel to others if they r couples or groups or even those people who have children but they should take 2 rooms.

Mr. S.R."

• Travel date: Tue 14th of November 2006

Poor Service

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"I stayed with my wife and son in this hotel for 5 nights during the Eid holidays. I liked the location, easyly accessible. We were very upset with services, first they provided us with a twin sharing room inspite of booking almost a month before for a double room and a response: if you want take it attitude from the manager, Till the end of the stay they could not provide an extra bed for my kid inpite of requesting every day and they could not fix the locker til the last day. We overall had a very happy vacationin dubai exept for the hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of November 2006

Mixed feelings

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"OK, The good points:
Generally good and attentive staff.
A pub type bar and Restaurant, lively atmosphere, British style food and beer. Accommodation comfortable enough. Nothing exceptional. Small lobby area, with a coffee shop type of thing next to it.

The not so good:
The location is in a rather dreary area of 70's Dubai. Some good shops around, but there are much better locations for Hotels in Dubai. If you need to stay in this part of Dubai, fine. If your first visit, get another location.
The pool is small, and on a roof. The sun disappears around the surrounding tower blocks for a lot of the afternoon, so if you want sun, there are very limited times. That means the few sun loungers fthat there are, follow the ever decreasing sun, and you will probably get to sit in the shade. Someone has tried to make the area look nice, but it looks a bit shabby. OK for a quick dip, but if you want a swimming holiday, go somewhere else. Sauna for men, OK, small but did the job.

There is an outside area, outside the main restaurant. It is a dreary, concrete trench that someone has stuck green velcrose to, to try and brighten up your view. Needs a complete makeover here!
Ground floor Buffet & Restaurant itself is OK, generally quiet. The upstairs Indian Restaurant is good, I went back twice!

There is some machinary on the roof that comes on and off, makes a lot of noise. It was a distraction to me, after a few nights I was annoyed. Maybe lower floors do not have this issue."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of October 2006

Very comfortable hotel

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. It was in a good location , about 20 minutes to the aiport. But i the location of Crowne Plaza was better than this hotel. We chose to stay here because they offered to let us check in early in the morning.
The rooms were very comfortable and clean, bfast was good. Staff was excellent"

• Travel date: Sun 8th of October 2006

Delightful!

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"After reading a poor review of this hotel (below), I was pretty concerned about my booking. I had no reason to be at all! It was lovely, the staff couldn't have been more helpful, it was immaculate and the facilities were great. Our room was nicely decorated, clean and spacious. The pool area was lovely and the bars and restaurants were all fantastic. I would especially recommend the Indian restaurant in the hotel - apparently it's an award-winning restaurant. I had the best curry I've ever had in this restaurant. They have live entertainment (Indian singers and dancers) and the atmosphere is brilliant.

The immediate vicinity (Bur Dubai) is obviously one of the older areas of Dubai but it's close to the Creek and the souks, and it's a five minute walk from the Burjuman centre - one of the most exclusive shopping malls in Dubai (Saks Fifth avenue, Prada, Hermes, Lois Vuitton, Tiffany etc etc)

Would definitely recommend this hotel!"

• Travel date: Mon 25th of September 2006

5* to the Four Points Sheraton

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"We stayed in this Sheraton for 4 nights in March 2006. I was accompanying my husband on a business trip and I selected this hotel based on loyalty brand and location. Despite a pretty unassuming facade, the interior was much more inviting. Check-in was smooth and we were upgraded to a deluxe room, which was spacious, clean, but best of all, the bed and bedding was divine, in fact, a Heavenly Bed! Room service was prompt, the gym was small but effective and the trainer knowledgeable. This hotel is in a very good location on the right side of the Creek! Easy access to all the tourist sights and in particular, not too far from the Gold Souk and Goldland. We are returning to Dubai in November and will be staying at Four Points Sheraton again!"

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of June 2006

A bit run down....

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"The hotel is in a good location if you have business in Bur Dubai. The property is a bit dated and dreary. Wireless Internet is available in the rooms for a fee of 80 Dhs. per day. The rooms are small."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of November 2005