About Dusit Thani Dubai

• rooftop terrace
  • hot tub
  • heated pool
  • indoor pool
  • free shuttle or taxi services
  • kids stay free
  • swimup bar
  • babysitting
  • tv channel one russia
  • rooftop pool
  • butler service

Good

good room yet bad service

Reviewed Thu 17th of December 2015

"Friendly staff , nice room + location , yet bad service . I wanted to order regular biryani not spicy and they made a big fuss about it :S eventually after calling and recalling for 15 minutes and giving me headache they agreed to make it . Another thing is that i hit my back by mistake and got hurt and i asked for ice emergency so i don't get bruised and till this second i haven't received it . And finally my phone !! , I forgot my phone at night somewhere and they closed , so when i woke up in the morning i wanted the reception so they can call my phone in order for me to find it ( i have no other phone and no other way to contact with anyone i was stuck in my room) and instead of understanding and being helpful they did a big drama and they wanted me to go down to the reception and pay i don't know what :S . My whole day got posed and i couldn't get my phone just because they're being so materialistic and complicating simple things . Like why can't they just call then charge it on the room or send someone to the room on pick the money or whatever . Im very disappointed with the service "

• Travel date: Sat 12th of December 2015

This hotel does not represent Dubai Hospitality

Reviewed Fri 4th of December 2009

"I must say that this is my first time to book in the Dusit chain and i was extremely disappointed. I have booked a 2- bedroom suite for a 2 day vacation for my family with high expectation. The booking reservation that I got clearly mentioned check in time of 2.00PM. I have arrived from another city at 4.00Pm to find the hotel lobby full of families and I did not know why they are waiting. After check in, the receptionist told me that my room is not ready yet and it will be ready in 1 hour time (i.e 5.pm which is already 3 hours after official time) and I have to wait like other families are waiting. The surprise is my room got ready @8.00 pm and we had to wait 4hours for the room. I have complained to the hotel manager that this is not acceptable and that I have lost half a day that I have already for but he said he is sorry and he cant do much for me.

Once I checked in the room I found the room to be spacious but furniture very worn out and certainly not representing a 5star hotel.

In addition to that, the amount of construction around the hotel is crazy and it took me more than 15 minutes to get to the hotel entrance. I have given my feedback to the corporate guest feedback of Dusit hoping this wont happen to any one else

I strongly advice any visitor to avoid this hotel.

• Travel date: Mon 30th of November 2009

Excellent hotel, excellent service

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Dubai Dusit. I arrived at 11am, after a flight from Kabul, and a few hours before the permitted check in time. No rooms of the class I had booked had been serviced by housekeeping at that time, so the reception staff upgraded me to a one bedroom suite, which was extremely comfortable.

Both the restaurant food and the food from room service was delicious. The choice was extensive and the staff were all extremely helpful.

The room was immaculate and the bathroom was large and beautifully fitted out.

As it is located in the business district, I was concerned that the hotel was some distance from the airport, but the new bridges that have opened in Dubai made the journey time around 20 minutes and even less in the early morning.

I would recommend this hotel highly."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of July 2007

Great hotel, great experience

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"The rooms are very confortable, the bathrooms are great. separate WC, shower, sink and bathtub. Toiletteries are also great quality. The lobby area is beautiful and service is just amazing. Room service is much better than other hotels I stayed at in Dubai (Number One, Traders, etc.). Breakfast, when not included on your rate, can be expensive: about 100 dirhams for the buffet, but you can go downstairs and for 40 dirhams you have a continental breakfast at the Deli. I would definately stay here again."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of May 2007

Very nice business hotel in Dubai

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"I had a two-night stay at the Dubai Dusit while in transit in the Middle East. I selected the hotel due to a reasonable rate and other reviews on this site.

The Dusit is an excellent business hotel, with outstanding service all around. The room was first class and very clean. My room faced the main road (Shiek Zayed), and there was some noticable street noise late into the night, even through the room was on the 30th floor.

The rooms at the hotel begin on the 26th floor, leading up to the pool on the 34th floor. Most of the hotel restaurants are on the 24th floor. The Thai restaurant was excellent as expected, but the Friday brunch buffet did not meet expectations.

The pool is on the rooftop, and is quite small and very shielded from the sun, as other reviews have noted.

Overall, this property is highly recommended for the business travel."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of March 2007

weighted towards business stays

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"A group of us stayed 3 nights here for the Dubai 7's rugby competition. Got upgraded from a triple room to a spacious very well appointed 2 bedroom apartment in compensation for not picking our party up at the airport. Freebies such as the daily bottled water, nuts, wine gums and a "relaxation" pack were a welcome bonus. Included in our stay was access to the Dusit Executive Lounge so as you can imagine, this being a rugby trip, all the lads took full advantage of the free bar between 12pm and 10pm, afternoon tea and evening canapes. Free internet access was also available. Breakfast in the PAX restaurant was decent enough, adequate choice which included steak cutlets cooked to order. Nightly bands played here during the evenings. The bar on the ground floor offered a trendy setting with a pianist. After staggering downstairs when the Executive Lounge closed, we used our welcome drinks vouchers, and kept going back to Concierge to get a further 5 free drinks each!!. Cheap night, great thai hospitality. Bar closes 1am. Swimming pool on the rooftop was nicely appointed but unfortunately, the weather that weekend was cloudy and rained for the majority of our stay. The hotel is quite impressive but seems to be located at the tail end of the main road. You need a taxi to get everywhere but it is cheap to get around. For shopping, I would recommend Mall of the Emirates which includes the giant snow dome for kids. Hotel is geared toward business stays, but also ok for short leisure stays."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of March 2007

A Perfect Business Hotel

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"I chose this hotel specifically because of its central location as I was in Dubai on business. It is a lovely hotel, five star but not so grand that it feels unwelcoming. The open central atrium is beautiful.

The staff appeared to be mostly Thai and couldn’t have been friendlier or more helpful. The deli-style cafe in the lobby is very relaxed and sells a great selection of tasty sandwiches. The buffet breakfast in the main restaurant was very good. One evening I had the mixed Asian buffet dinner but was unimpressed with many of the dishes.

My room was well sized with excellent facilities, although it was rather dark, with just one corner window with wooden blinds. Tea/coffee making facilities were available in the room and the complimentary water was also restocked generously. The bathroom was lovely, with separate glass shower and toilet cubicles, a marble basin with a great selection of quality toiletries, and a bath with a connecting window to the bedroom (I guess you can watch TV from the bath if you are taller!). The fresh orchids are a lovely touch. My only criticism was that the shaving/make up mirror was too high as I am only five feet tall.

I was given a room on the executive floor, which meant I could use the executive lounge. It was well equipped with newspapers and magazines, the staff were very efficient and a nice selection of tasty free snacks was provided.

Unfortunately I didn't have chance to visit the pool area so I can't comment on the lsisure facilities."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of February 2007

Delightful

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"The Dusit Dubai is a beautifully designed building shaped in the hand greeting gesture known to Thai people as the 'wai.' Being a Thai hotel, the hospitality and service given were no less Thai than to be expected of a hotel in Thailand. The staff was friendly and always helpful, going out their way to assist in whatever way they can, which made our stay even more enjoyable.

Set in the business district, the Dusit has good access to the main tourist attractions such as the mall of the Emirates, the Jumeirah beach and the Souks in Deira City.

Rooms were uniquely laid out with all the mod cons you expect from a 5 star hotel. The hotel actually consists of some serviced apartments too which take up one side of the building. At night the splash pool on the upper deck becomes a fantastic dining/lounge area were guests are often seen smoking shisha.

Must do's in the city include a visit to the gold & spice souks - if you are looking for a bargain, head for the Gold Souk & Naif Souk in Diera City. The best way to reach this is by using the "abra", the ferry, across the creek from Bur Dubai to the Old Souk Station - all for half a dirham, the best way! Then there are the many shopping malls to choose from.

If you would like a bit of culture, head for Bastakiya - the Old Quarter which is currently being renovated.lore the quiet alleys and housed set in courtyards with traditional wind-towers."

• Travel date: Thu 12th of October 2006

A home away

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"Been greeted with the nice Thai check-in staff upon arrival. Being familiar with several Dusits in Thailand, they are really keeping a good level of service here in Dubai.

My standard room on the 28th floor was really neat, cool, and comfortable. A great design and functions that revived us after a hot and tired days in the desert. A great varieties of breakfast which are tasty, though should have some oriental sections...

Some let down are swimming pool and fitness , which were not as practical by the way. Location is a little off the end of the main road. Not a problem for business traveller. But in few years when Burj Dubai comes to live this will be a really hot spot.

Last impression was the helpful checkout staff, we've got an increadible late checkout which really saved our departure day. Will definitely stay there again..."

• Travel date: Tue 16th of May 2006

Good business hotel but little souless

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"Stayed at hotel whilst my husband attending conference here. It is definitely a business hotel and I would certainly not recommend it if you were coming on holiday.

Excellent position for a business hotel as close to commercial area at one of junctions on Sheik Zayed road. Imposing architecture. Views all round of business area and when business area building completed could feel quite hemmed in. But for the moment, the view over the emerging Burj Dubai are quite amazing! But you really are looking over a vast building site from two aspects of the hotel! We stayed in Junior suite. Bedroom really excellent - large with American king bed and large modern bathroom with bath, separate large shower, lavatory with glazed door. Fresh orchids in both bathroom and bedroom. Molton Brown toileteries. Separate sitting room which was very darkly furnished - not very attractive. But large plama TV in both sitting room and bedroom. Large working desk in bedroom and wi fi access. The bedroom was exceptionally quiet with no plumbing noises at all. YOu could the muffled sound of the traffic from the road below but this is very minor.

Free internet access is available on the mezzanine floor.

Criticisms:

1. The hotel has a somewhat soulless feel. The main entry area for reception and meeting has not much character and the smokey atmosphere was very evident. There is free wi-fi access though in this area.
2. The pool is on the top 36th floor - As the roof of the hotel rises to an apex above this pool there is very little direct sun on the pool. It is very much a place for people to relax at end of day but no way is condusive for a day time session in the sun. Pool staff very attentive though. Food very limited at this area.
3. Breakfast is very expensive for what is offered - very basic buffet and not particularly good quality. Service poor.
4. Everywhere in hotel there is some form of music playing - even the TV in the bedroom is left on a music channel after morning cleaning and evening turn down! The pool area has constant Radio i or Radio 2 playing at a level which is quite intrusive.
5 Food in Italian restaurant very good indeed but not many other diners.

So in conclusion, excellent if you are looking for a good, reasonably priced business hotel in good position for accessing business areas but in no way a hotel for a holiday visit."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of May 2006

An excellent hotel

Reviewed Mon 8th of October 2012

"I stayed two nights at the Dusit Dubai on my way back from the UK to New Zealand. The porter was smiling and quick to grab my bags from the car and the check-in staff were also very friendly and fast. My standard room high up on the 31st floor was immaculately clean, with fresh flowers and a great view of the city. There were wooden blinds to control the sunlight as well as a heavy curtain to block out any light or city noise. The complimentary water was also a nice touch - in Milan, I had to pay for it. The bathroom was well lit with a large high-pressure shower and a bath you could watch TV from. I was impressed with the thoughtfullness of having a TV speaker in the bathroom ceiling and also the floor lighting under the TV cabinet, which I assume is for people who wish to sleep with a light on? There were no payperview movies, but there was a continuous free movie channel, and BBC World, which I always like. Bedroom lighting was soft and relaxing whilst still more than adequate to work or read under and the large armchair in the corner of the room was very comfortable. I'm not sure if the walls were sound-proofed, but I did not hear any noises from the rooms either side of me. Room service staff were always very friendly and fast with the deliveries, which were all well presented on the plate. I found the water in the roof-top swimming pool on level 36 to be luke-warm, with just enough breeze across the deck chairs to counter the hot sun. The staff at the pool-side splash bar were also fast and friendly. Lastly, the photos of the hotel on the Dusit website are accurate. The rooms and facilities really do look like that. :)
I will definately stay here again."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of April 2006

Hmmmmmmm - 5 star? I think not.

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"We stayed here after having stayed at Le Meridien - no comparison. Most of the staff are friendly enough - a lot are even helpful but it's the same old story - a few poor ones give a really bad impression of the place. The food is pretty average and the facilities - especially thr gym laughable. The swimming pool is on the top floor (50th) and even on the warmest Dubai day is freezing! There are about 12 sunbeds round a tiny pool. Oh and we tried to watch a movie one night but they don't have a pay movie system!!! Give it a miss - it really is a one night stopever business hotel and nothing more."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of April 2006