Exterior

atlantis and emirates airlines

Reviewed 6th January 2014

"I made a reservation with the travel agent for Atlantis. i tried to obtain a visa through the hotel. they replied and said i did not have a reservation.the hotel cancelled it. after several telephone calls and emails they found reservation. tried to obtain a visa again. could not process because child was on a travel document in the hotels eyes. sent hotel the paperwork that the document was a legal passport and had allowed the little fella into Finland, Thailand, and Australia without any problems and visa issued from Australian embassy without problems. hotel would not refund money. hmm lost reservation, give new reservation but not give sponsor for visa. all when hotel fully booked. i guess this is like emirates airlines trip from Kiev to Dubai, to Singapore to Australia to Dubai to Kiev. all through emirates. except for between kiev and dubia as emirates had no flights available. because you return home on air Ukraine emirates will not assist with visa also.i live in Australia and wife lives in Ukraine well emirates, i will no longer fly your national airline or fly through your country and waste my time with you "

• Travel date: 4th January 2014

Great place for family holiday !!!

Reviewed 6th August 2013

"Atlantis The Palm is one of the beautiful resort located on Dubai. It was the first resort to be built on the island. Its such luxury resort to visitor because of their location, facility and unique services with comfortable . As well as use all modern amenities, interior design in resort and staffs are so friendly and co-operative. "

• Travel date: 3rd August 2013

Good Place Bad Life Guards

Reviewed 7th July 2012

"I visited the Atlantis on 4th of july to 6th,it was an amazing experience i found it very comfortable my kids loved it a lot and we had gala time there,as for aqua venture its a nice place too but the Life Guards are of no use they are just show pieces, my son fell out of the tube and they didn't bother to save him or help us out instead the Arab boys around helped us to take him out of water.u would just see the guards sitting and listening to music. Other than this accident the hotel and its services were very much perfect."

• Travel date: 7th July 2012

Absolutely loved it!

Reviewed 18th July 2011

"Me and my family headed here for a summer break a few weeks back! The hotel was beautiful with wonderful people working there ready to help out with anything you need! The rooms were comfortable, spacious and especially clean! The swimming pool area was great! It was a peaceful yet buzzing atmosphere! Booked at tigerhotels.co.uk. The food was amazing and we were always spoiled for choice when it came to breakfast, lunch or dinner! I would recommend this hotel to anyone, and most especially couples! Thank you to the staff and management for looking after us so well!"

• Travel date: 14th July 2011

4 Star Service at 7 Star Prices.

Reviewed 19th May 2011

"Last weekend we bought a deal at Atlantis for DHS 1,074 which includes a one night stay and free access to Aquaventure. We arrived at 12pm. We were told the check-in time is 2pm and that somebody would call you earlier to give us the key to the room. At 3:45pm I had to go to the Reception because no-one bothered to call. They apologized and gave us the key to the room. I go to check my room and guess what, there were people in it. They gave me the wrong room. They apologized and gave me the right room, but my luggage went to the old room. Half an hour and many phone calls later, the bill boy arrives and asks me for my luggage because he was told I'm checking out. Another half an hour and I get the right luggage and another apology from a manager who basically extended my checkout the following day till 5 pm (he didn't do me a favor since it was 5pm anyway). The room was comfortable and big and the resort was fine overall, but the Aquaventure water park was pretty small and not too many options. I rate this hotel as a four star it's overpriced. I personally won't go there again. The service is substandard. "

• Travel date: 19th May 2011

Atlantis keeps getting better everytime!

Reviewed 17th April 2012

"Recently stayed at Atlantis, third time since we love it so much! My teenage kids enjoy the hotel a bit more every time. Atlantis is becoming like a second home, we know the place inside out and as a result make the most of it! Booked from tigerhotels.co.uk. The hotel offers a fantastic service, staff are friendly & helpful and the rooms are just right! Breakfast is a feast, other restaurants are good too so no need to go out of hotel. The pools are huge and the water park is out of this world! The decor is grand and the aquariums are beautiful. Overall another great stay, look forward to coming back again! "

• Travel date: 11th January 2011

Great Hotel for Family Holidays

Reviewed 3rd September 2010

"This was nice experience and much better as we had expected. I had stayed there for a week with my family and kids on our Dubai Holidays. The overall tour was fabulous and everything was fine including pickup to departure. We were met at the airport and transferred by comfortable Audi. We've stayed in the deluxe rooms and it was well furnished. The room had two queen beds, and the bathrooms are by most standards massive. Some also have a nice balcony, and some rooms in the East Tower have great overhead views of the main aquarium, especially at night. The hotel staffs are very friendly and curtious. The food was good especially Chinese was amazing. The main attraction of Atlantis The Pam is their water park. We all love it and lot of things to do and see there. In one sentence, the hotel is nice with plenty of do and sees. I had booked this hotel through http://www.southalltravel.co.uk/newoffer/uae/atlantis.aspx "

• Travel date: 3rd September 2010

Overcrowded, overpriced!

Reviewed 10th August 2010

"Visited Atlantis with hubby and 2 kids under 7...the htel and grounds are amazing and definitely worth a visit...however....the waterpark was filthy. Guests of hotel are alowed free entry into the waterpark. There were bits of food floating in the water at Splashers, the section for kiddies. Guests were allowed to take fod and drink almost into the water, the lifeguards/personnel were completely disinterested as to what the guests did. The rubber rings used for the rides were being hogged by many of the guests, many of which were being placed on the sunbeds until needed, preventing those of us who wanted to use them to do so. When I questioned a member of staff about this he said "they are probably keeping it to use later..!", at which point my reply was, "so what should I do now?" and he replied.."wait til one becomes available..!" Absolutely disgraceful.....! The hotel is miles from everywhere, so you have to pay to go into the city...depending on the length of stay this in itself can become extremely expensive. I would recommend Jumeirah Beach Hotel instead...the hospitality and luxury is outstanding...and also has a water park free for staying guests. The waterpark is smaller than Atlantis but imamculately clean, the lifeguards are very professional and also very stringent when it comes to the rules...no food anywhere near the pools, except the pool bar...no balls games in the kiddie sections...definitely a must if you are looking for a family holiday with added luxury!"

• Travel date: 10th August 2010

Our thoughts

Reviewed 3rd June 2010

"Holidayed here for 10 nights mid May. We read a variety of views largely about expense but you are on holiday right? You couldnt fault the hotel, cleanliness is always a biggie for me and I had no complaints. We had a Deluxe Standard room and our view was from the back to the lagoon and the sea to the left. Straight below us was water that housed the amazing collection of sea life. I have never seen a hotel that has wall to wall fish tanks and it is definitely a crowd puller. Beer in this hotel was £9.00 a pint (May 2010). Also, we ran out of milk and ordered some which was £12.00 with the reasoning that it was expensive to import however, supermarkets sold it for UK prices. It was a shame the hotel felt the need to rip off guests in that respect but that truly is my only niggle. We were half board and you can actually eat in most of the Restaurants within the grounds. Equally we ate out at the Mall of the Emirates and the Dubai Mall and those meals were amazing. Go see the ski facilities in the Mall of the Emirates, seeing is believing. The water park (free to guests) is really great fun. Just plonk your bottom in a rubber ring and float around for an hour. Lovely. It was 104 degrees as we left and we spent most of our time on the beach. Its the warmest water I have ever swam in albeit its a man made lagoon and so salty that you just float. You need to swim often as it is so hot. It is cheap to get around in Taxi's and they also have intermittent shuttle buses to the numerous malls around. The Concierge always very helpful. The food choices were very good mostly buffet. As half board we could eat in most of the Restaurants. Food was varied but tasty. Definitely worth a visit."

• Travel date: 2nd June 2010

Absolutely amazing!!

Reviewed 26th June 2009

"We have just spent 5 days in this hotel and it is amazing. Service is second to none. Rooms and views are gorgeous. Lots of nice touches, such a cold face towels and ice creams by the pool on hot days. Our room was gorgeous, with a lovely view of the Palm. The Spa is also something to behold. It's the nicest one I've ever been too. We highly recommend the specialty restaurants, Seafire in particular. The steaks there are lovely as well as the atmosphere. The saffron restaurant with its chinese and indian buffet is also excellent. We had room service two nights as it was lovely to have our dinner whilst looking at the Dubai sky line, it is also cheaper than dining in any of the restaurants..... The hotel provides shuttle buses to both the Emirates Mall and the new Dubai Mall. We did this one day but would not recommend if you are not planning on spending money. It has everything you have hear from Gucci to Monsoon and Next, so nothing spectacular or different really. We also used the aquaventure park which is good fun for the whole family and has about ten different slides and rides including leap of faith which is a sheer verticle drop at 35 mph, (a must try if you can stomach it). There are golf buggy's to get you from the main hotel to either end of the resort, they are every five to ten minutes. We also went swimming with Dolphins which was well worth the money. If you don't like heat I would not recommend going in June as it was 43 degrees all the days we were there and its very humid from early morning until around lunch time, after that its just hot, so make sure you pick the right time to go. In short this hotel is amazing and will cater to your every need. I would recommend it to everybody. I wouldn't however fly with Virgin as they aren't worth the extra cost as the service wasn't great!. "

• Travel date: 26th June 2009

Food heaven .... where else in the world can u get this choice ?

Reviewed 23rd December 2012

"We have just arrived back from our week long visit with our two young children. After reading the reviews on this website we were naturally concerned ..... however ..... our stay turned out to be fantastic and I would readily return to this hotel. The Good ... * World class restaurants - Nobo was better than London. The decor was amazing and service very good. Other Michenlin star we tried was Ronda Locatelli .... also very impressive but not quiet as good as London. The Steak place, Seafire, had melt in your mouths steaks as good as I have had in NY. Leventine, Moroccan was fabulous too and good value. The buffet restaurants, Saffron and Kaliedescope, were to a la carte stanadards. * Breakfast - best I have ever had, period. Variety incredible. * Aquarium - mesmorising and truly stunning. Could spend hours just looking at it. * Water Park - better than Wild Wadi. Has a area for small kids, Splashers, and some big and fast rides for adults. A little busy on weekends though. * Hotel Pools - some of the biggest in Dubai, and three in total! * Kids Club - the best we have seen, offering incredible varirety of activitivies. Downside .... not cheap, abnout 15 quid per hour. Should really be part of hotel package. * Cots - large cots provided with changing mats, Mothercare blankets and Johnson bath products. A very nice touch. * Rooms - very large, and equipped with everything you need. Irons, hair dryers, shoe horns, great mini bar, safes, etc. Decor much like any other Dubia hotel though .... nothing amazing but clean and thoughtful. The Bad ..... * Inconsistent Service - we didnt experience anything really bad or annoying, but can fully understand the experiences other visitors have noted on this site. Yes, staff are a little clueless and you dont get 5* service which you should expect .... but it depends on how fussy you are. * Lifts - they should really sort this out. Can sometimes take 5 mins to get on a lift. Why they dont have express elevators for floors 1-5, 5-10, 10-15, 15-22 ??? and why do bellman not have a personal staff lift to move lugguage ? * Taxis - yes expensive and need to wait. Once the monorail has been built this should solve the problem. * Breakfast queing - make sure you go before 9.15 otherwise you may have to queue for 5-15 mins. Saffron also the best restaurant for breakfast. Overall ..... Great hotel, great facilities, great food .... let down slightly by inconsistent service. I think most people will enjoy this hotel very much."

• Travel date: 21st October 2008

Just don't go!!

Reviewed 16th December 2012

"Went with my family and found the entire stay a total disaster. From the check in (40 minutes!!) to the misplaced luggage (arrived 7 hours later) to the problems with our room air con (freezing) and water (no hot water and zero water for hours)...the list went on. Big problems with the restaurants as you cannot get space, despite the hotel only being 50% full??? Plus when we did get in found VERY inconsistent service.......the hotel president was getting MUCH better service that we were, when I asked the waiter about this he said quietly that they were scared of him !!! Found the pools very nice but you are very cramped and just too many pool chairs. My kids lovd the fish tank, although I was horifie to hear that the Whale Shark had been plucked from the sea...not rescued as their PR says !!! The spa treatment my wife had was excellent and I personally enjoyed the facilities,especially the gym. Wanted to take the family into Dubai city for shopping but had to wait 3 hours for a taxi !!! ... I was furious and escalated my complaint to a senior manager who was totally hopeless and rude. Check out took nearly 2 hours as they forgot to pick up my bags, this resulted in us being late for our flight. I just cannot understand why this hotel has opened when it is clearly not ready. Some staff I spoke to had been working there for 3 days and had been thown straight into the deep end. Had some staff shaking when serving us and had no idea what they were doing. Woul not recomend this place to anyone, muc better 3 star hotels in dubai !!!"

• Travel date: 14th October 2008

Hotels near Atlantis, The Palm

Top traveller tips for Atlantis, The Palm

• by MiniYasmin

"The beautiful decorations and Paintings "

• by jaquan

"Make sure you make a trip to the spa!"

• by cooldad

"Great family hotel - love it!"

• by Mary

"Would not stay here again."

• by wiffy0

"Dolphin Bay, Seafire, Saffron"

Atlantis, The Palm is also called

• Atlantis The Palm
  • atlantis the palm dubai
  • atlantis the palm hotel dubai